Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
You guys obviously didn't see cajunB own bones yesterday with the CZ. It's still p good. I agree about drawspeed and money reward though. Those were nerfs that had no relevance to the gun's strength at all (other than as a secondary weapon for AWP). I think waiting for CZ to be drawn might be the most frustrating way to die in CS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

CZ is good on the CT side imo cause if you get a drop on someone (and that's easier on CT) you are guaranteed a kill, and maybe a weapon

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

dex_sda posted:

CZ is good on the CT side imo cause if you get a drop on someone (and that's easier on CT) you are guaranteed a kill, and maybe a weapon

I would also say that when you have the drop on someone (and thAts easier on ct) you have the motherfucking kill

Oh, are you not guaranteed the kill when you have a p250? Laughing my loving rear end off.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

I would also say that when you have the drop on someone (and thAts easier on ct) you have the motherfucking kill

Oh, are you not guaranteed the kill when you have a p250? Laughing my loving rear end off.

no because the p250 is trash tier, much like all you love in life

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
The draw speed of the CZ was pretty much the entire reason it was so good. jw single handedly got that gun nerfed because he'd just ruin you with an awp or if he missed he'd have his automatic pistol out immediately after missing.

kcer fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 9, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

kcer posted:

The draw speed of the CZ was pretty much the entire reason it was so good. jw single handedly got that gun nerfed because he'd just ruin you with an awp or if he missed he'd have his automatic pistol out immediately after missing.

That's a pretty upside down way of looking at it. The original drawspeed of the CZ wasn't significantly faster than P250 or Deagle but the weapon itself was just that much more effective. Slow drawspeed is a half-arsed fix that makes it nigh on pointless as a secondary weapon. Sure take it down a peg, but currently nobody uses it as a secondary. Only as a standalone pistol.

It fired too fast, too accurately, and did too much damage. Fast draw speed was just gravy.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Valve sees the CZ as a tradeup weapon, something you kill a rifler with, and then take the rifle

They even have a mission in the new operation that credits you points for cz kills and enemy guns.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Jeza posted:

That's a pretty upside down way of looking at it. The original drawspeed of the CZ wasn't significantly faster than P250 or Deagle but the weapon itself was just that much more effective. Slow drawspeed is a half-arsed fix that makes it nigh on pointless as a secondary weapon. Sure take it down a peg, but currently nobody uses it as a secondary. Only as a standalone pistol.

It fired too fast, too accurately, and did too much damage. Fast draw speed was just gravy.

It was an automatic p250, in a damage sense. If you single tap it basically is a p250. The damage reduction was tiny so without the nerf to draw speed it would still be stupidly overpowered.

Which is why I'm saying the draw speed being as quick as other pistols is what made it good.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

kcer posted:

It was an automatic p250, in a damage sense. If you single tap it basically is a p250. The damage reduction was tiny so without the nerf to draw speed it would still be stupidly overpowered.

Which is why I'm saying the draw speed being as quick as other pistols is what made it good.

I feel like being an automatic P250 is what made it good.

I guess to lay it out, as a solo pistol it is still very strong, but it just hasn't got the utility of the alternative pistols in Tek-9 or 5-7. I didn't and don't want the CZ in the game really, so it's current situation as nearly a non-entity is fine with me, but from an objective balance POV I think it has got almost no role. As a CT eco sidearm with niche potential, that's about it. Never as a backup weapon, never on pistol round. 5-7 is already really drat good.

I'd rather they balanced the gun in a fair and non-frustrating way. Making stuff clunky and slow, like the AWP movement, tends to rub people the wrong way, especially when the game is otherwise pretty fluid.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Jeza posted:

I didn't and don't want the CZ in the game really

I'd rather they balanced the gun in a fair and non-frustrating way.

Same. It seems to me like it's too hard to make an automatic pistol fair and balanced with how important pistol rounds are. How do you make it not worthless in the game as a whole without making it too strong vs. pistols? I suppose I'd try to balance it by making it into a mini p90, reducing it's damage a bunch but letting it keep a touch more accuracy; make it have less of a spray pattern.

I'd probably change aim punch and tagging rules while I was at it, though. Having rifles be comparable to pistols in both respects is dumb imo.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

CZ is fine because it runs out of ammo so fast.

Either that or I'm just bad at ammo management.

Probably the latter.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

I read all the signs in de_zoo and learned a lot about the world around me that I never get to experience since I am behind a monitor 24/7.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jeza posted:

no because the p250 is trash tier, much like all you love in life
:downsbravo:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Stealthgerbil posted:

I fixed some of my servers. They are

code:
69.61.63.241:27016	Team Peggle - Fun Maps - 32 slots
69.61.63.242:27015	Team Peggle |5v5 Comp | 128Tick | East Coast |!ws |!knife - 10 slots
69.61.63.241:27030	Team Peggle 24/7 FFA DM | Atlanta | 128 Tick |!ws|!knife	 - 32 slots
69.61.63.241:27025	Team Peggle Surf | 128 Tick | !ws / !knife - 32 slots

Also team peggle is a thing from the PPP group if anyone is familiar with that. Used to have a really awesome CS:S server.

Create a thread in PGS and I'll add it to the OP

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
The CZ was a mistake and should have never been put in the game but it was and they made skins for it so the only thing they can do is nerf it into the dirt and pretend like it doesn't exist.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
bring back mp5

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
MP5 and Mp7 would be a perfect combination of choose the weapon., giving the MP5 a silencer!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'd almost forgotten the mp5 was a weapon in old cs. I guess the gun itself is starting to show its age considering how it's gone from being synonymous with SMG's to afaik barely being found in any modern games (outsode if the mp5k variety) since like modern warfare 1.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Agoat posted:

Goons on the other team should know that one guy was talking poo poo and I had to taze him.

Less disappointed by you getting kicked or w/e, more disappointed by your buddy spamming racist/antisemetic binds.

Re: cz chat, I feel like the cz is like a lower risk/reward smg/shotgun buy. 1150 for cz vest, short range ambush might get you a rifle and 100, where nova/ump are 1850, short range ambush might get you a rifle and 900/600. The hardest thing I'd say is giving up the 5-7 or tec-9, and with good aim both are possibly more reliable as an ambush gun due to one shot headshots. I wouldn't mind seeing the cz go back to the p250 slot for still $500, honestly. I'd actually use it on CT side.

The Blue Caboose fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 9, 2015

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The real question is where the hell are the NVG and ammo I can purchase? Game is poo poo.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
As for general pistol chat, I still absolutely don't understand CT's buying another pistol on pistol round. Sure, the USP is somewhat weaker at close range than the glock, but it's the most accurate pistol in the game (lets pretend the deagle doesn't exist for this argument, because it doesn't), and since you're guaranteed helmetless enemies, it's also the longest ranged pistol in the game. It maintains a oneshot headshot against unarmored opponents out to 40 meters, at which range the glock deals 80ish damage and the tec-9 deals 67ish damage. Both the glock and tec9 will require a headshot and two body shots to kill (against kevlar) at that range.

So with the USP you can sit at rifle range with impunity and just tap slowly until you pop heads. Half the time at my rank people don't realize that theyre actually holding the second most accurate pistol if they would just slow the gently caress down with the glock, and the tec-9 is like an SMG at that range. On top of that, the suppressor means that you've got a good chance at popping off several shots before being noticed. even if the guy you're shooting notices you, you might have a few extra seconds before his buddies on site do.

Basically, the USP is great on pistol rounds and I need to figure out shadowplay and make some gifs.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I like to play close to where the Ts are going to be on pistol round, which makes the 5/7 really nice.

I should really try mixing it up and playing further away with the USP, but its just so much fun to spam heads up close with the 5/7.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
All three of the new weapons should be rightfully removed from the game, they are imbalanced and their inclusion has only led to the game being adjusted to wonky levels that we see today.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
i subscribed for faceit since i'm stupid and i won a stat trak ak blue laminate fn for placing 3rd on the monthly ladder after signing up 2 days before the end of the month. ok.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My three faceit games ended up being cbbl games against no one of any potential skill and forfeits from either side within 5 rounds.

Don't see any reason in trying again.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Xenaero posted:

My three faceit games ended up being cbbl games against no one of any potential skill and forfeits from either side within 5 rounds.

This has been my experience as well, but also add 30 minutes for the match to even start. How aggravating it was to waste all that time and then have the enemy team have a meltdown and forfeit just a few rounds in.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Xenaero posted:

the vast majority of faceit NA games are 16-5 stomps, typically in your favor but sometimes you are the one wondering why you even play this game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Xen, have you tried Cevo? I keep meaning to but I never do because gpugs and MM scratch the itch but it'd probably be good to play something challenging.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I should probably stop changing my settings and sens before I even think about trying something serious

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
To pile on complaints about the new operation again: Holy poo poo are these missions retarded. I'm trying to do the Gun Game one on the Revolution missions path, but you have to get melee kills in Gun Game. That means either winning 15 games (which I'm not good enough to do) or just running around hoping to get the drop on some poor bastard on one of the two maps that a good enough for knife kills.

I did this one to avoid the "make $1,000,000 as terrorist" mission :negative:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

My friends and I tried Faceit and every game was either incredibly one-sided, or didn't start because someone failed to connect. I would try Cevo again, but honestly I just wish I was good enough to play ESEA.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Macnult posted:

My friends and I tried Faceit and every game was either incredibly one-sided, or didn't start because someone failed to connect. I would try Cevo again, but honestly I just wish I was good enough to play ESEA.

I don't know how things have fully shaken out yet but I'd wager CEVO is a lot better now in light of the ESEA scandal thing. I haven't played either since then, though.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Faceit is great in Europe. Even most of the pro players do their pugging there these days.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Smol posted:

Faceit is great in Europe. Even most of the pro players do their pugging there these days.

Yeah, the euro globals on my friends list speak very fondly of faceit.

Xenaero posted:

I should probably stop changing my settings and sens before I even think about trying something serious

Why not just stick with something? Almost anything within normal parameters must be better than constantly switching and never letting your muscle memory set in on something permanent.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 9, 2015

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

The servers, generally speaking, are pretty great. Player base in America is a little rough around the edges. I've been queuing with 3-5 stacks and it seems to be the best way to do it.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I don't know how many of you are traders, but some email providers are blocking Steam emails right now so pretty much everything is halted.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The Blue Caboose posted:

Basically, the USP is great on pistol rounds and I need to figure out shadowplay and make some gifs.

I'm GN4 right now and it's difficult to figure out why some people call plays like they do. I just had a guy on cache insist that we push mid to A. We're vulnerable anyone holding mid-doors and sandbags, then we have to fight through anyone holding backsite, highway barrels or upper into A. Don't get me wrong, the glock owns but it's wildly inconsistent at anything more than 20m.

Playing pistol FFA really, really makes you realize how insanely good the USP is at any range but point blank. Even then it's more than serviceable. That said P2000 for me :allears:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Bohemian Nights posted:

Almost anything within normal parameters

lol that's his first problem

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kwilty posted:

I don't know how many of you are traders, but some email providers are blocking Steam emails right now so pretty much everything is halted.

Do you know which ones and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
i can swap my sens pretty freely as i need to and still hit flick shots, just run a couple training_aim_csgo2 rounds with the friberg settings (i'm up to just under 80 hits now) and it seems to do the trick.

over the past couple months i've been incrementally increasing my sens from 1.7 to 2.3 now and i like it a LOT better. at 1.7 i would die in close range aim battles far too often, now not so much.

• Locked thread