Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i'd use them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://juneoven.com

your wife will love the NVIDIA Tegra K1 Processor

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

an oven with an integrated temperature probe is a great idea but then they ruin it with bullshit like livestreaming your food cooking

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bhodi posted:

w

orking as intended, WONTFIX

:justpost::justpost:

in the case of network error it's hard to do without some server support, but maybe there's something

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Munkeymon posted:

an oven with an integrated temperature probe is a great idea but then they ruin it with bullshit like livestreaming your food cooking

the problem is that ovens with temperature probes exist. the main issue there for big ovens is that the main market for new ovens is people that are trying to find the cheapest shiniest thing to put in a house to flip; that means no extra features

as for this idk my parents have had a microwave/induction combo oven that has those features for years now, the ui is terrible of course

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

can you still roll your student loans in to private personal debt and then default?

nope

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

good for him. gently caress em, predatory bastards. scumbags.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

didnt someone in this thread post a screenshot of something called scisr?

yes, that's the one

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

I didn't say anything about Pittsburgh roads. I showed an example of an interstate highway with a tight bend that frequently rolls cars at 55 MPH and has a speed limit of 45 MPH.

my five yo gps can keep up with changing speed limits, I hope a brand new prototype car can

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If there’s one target market every media outlet wants to own, it’s millennials, those twenty- and thirty-somethings who are going to be running the world soon and have all kinds of disposable income and fickle tastes. Companies like Vice Media, Fusion, Vocativ, and Mic all claim that they are the best route to this user base, which advertisers seem to covet—but newcomer OZY Media says that it plans to be the long-term winner in this market, and it is spending $1 million of its venture financing cash on an advertising campaign designed to shout that message from the rooftops.

OZY Media co-founder and editor-in-chief Carlos Watson—a former MSNBC news anchor who started the company 18 months ago—said in an interview that the advertising campaign is designed to help OZY cut through some of the noise in the hyper-competitive media landscape.

“We’re trying hard to be that place that vaults you ahead of the news — to show you things that are 12 or 15 months ahead, something that Wired magazine did really well back in the early days. We’re trying to tell you about the next Jon Stewart, the next Barack Obama, the next Johnny Football. The other thing is the depth of original reporting we’re doing. You’re not going to see any cat pictures on Ozy.”

Watson said he is convinced that readers, and particularly millennial readers, want in-depth and high-quality journalism, and that this will gradually win out over the cat photos and ephemeral entertainment that are the currently the focus of many news sites. But doesn’t he worry that OZY will be crushed by companies with much larger resources, like BuzzFeed with its $50-million financing and a staff of more than 1,000? Not at all, Watson says.

:siren: Watson said the name of the company came from one of his favorite poems—Shelley’s Ozymandias—which tells the story of an ancient king whose broken statue now sits forgotten in the desert. Some have taken the poem to mean that even mighty kings are eventually forgotten, but Watson said the lesson he takes from it is that you have to dream big. And there is no question OZY is dreaming big. :siren:

Apr 7, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

my five yo gps can keep up with changing speed limits, I hope a brand new prototype car can

wish I could punch you in your fat prototype face, bitch

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

:siren: Watson said the name of the company came from one of his favorite poems—Shelley’s Ozymandias—which tells the story of an ancient king whose broken statue now sits forgotten in the desert. Some have taken the poem to mean that even mighty kings are eventually forgotten, but Watson said the lesson he takes from it is that you have to dream big. And there is no question OZY is dreaming big. :siren:

i want to throw a drink in this man's face

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

that's up there with thinking walter white was a role model, or that scarface won

Apr 7, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

that's up there with thinking walter white was a role model, or that scarface won

welcome to the spite-based economy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

*watches full metal jacket*
god drat I want to be a marine

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

[millenials] have all kinds of disposable income ...

And there is no question OZY is dreaming big.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pinterest Mom posted:

If there’s one target market every media outlet wants to own, it’s millennials, those twenty- and thirty-somethings who are going to be running the world soon and have all kinds of disposable income

lol had to stop here

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

qirex posted:

in this fast based internet economy who has time to analyze things

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

do you think he's seen starship troopers

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that is based on an irl thing that happened to me when I was looking at enlisting back in the dark times of the dot com bubble burst

I was taking the asvab at moffit and there was this like 20 year old bro kid there who told me he knew he wanted to be a marine after watching that movie, I was like "you watched it to the end, right?" and apparently he had

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
The best chrome extensions are the ones you literally forget you installed

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

when i was in air force rotc our trainers told us to watch the boot camp part. the part that ends with the guy going insane and killing his instructor and himself. i'm still not sure what message we were supposed to take from that, but the moral i got was "gtfo"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

The best chrome extensions are the ones you literally forget you installed

emoji-2-gender?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I kind of wished I could have taken the DLAB just because it sounds like a cool test but in early 2003 there was a nonzero chance I would have ended up as an interrogator at abu graib

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008
Shaggy 2 Gender

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain Foo posted:

gender-2-gender?

yah

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rusty Rickshaw posted:

Shaggy 2 Gender

wasn't me

lmbo

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

this was my first dorm-mate's unironic take-away from that movie.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im sorry but if its 2015 and you're starting a 90s revival pop-rap-rnb group and you DON'T steal "Gender 2 Gender" i'm going to be super sad

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

im sorry but if its 2015 and you're starting a 90s revival pop-rap-rnb group and you DON'T steal "Gender 2 Gender" i'm going to be super sad

the only person i know of fitting this description goes by "Shy Girls"

but yeah someone should

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

syscall girl posted:

goog's car ai was never ready for anything and I'm real confused as to how it got rolled out

it's maybe a decent copilot for olds who pass out at the wheel but mostly just a punchline

how did anyone with any sense let it off the farm?

what do you mean "how did it get rolled out"? are you dumb enough to think the cars are for sale?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nintendo Kid posted:

what do you mean "how did it get rolled out"? are you dumb enough to think the cars are for sale?

I think he means "doing highway driving amongst civilians".

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

presumably the cars rolled out on their own wheels

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Subjunctive posted:

I think he means "doing highway driving amongst civilians".

you kinda need to be on actual roads to determine if your thing can handle actual roads

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
and there are, you know, actual humans inside the metal boxes ready to override at any moment, though apparently that doesn't always work so well

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

presumably the cars rolled out on their own wheels

Nice!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dessert Rose posted:

and there are, you know, actual humans inside the metal boxes ready to override at any moment, though apparently that doesn't always work so well

it's an open secret that the token humans like to do things like nap in the back and so forth

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

disrupting literature

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol the verge, lol nilay "i am not a loving suit" patel

cbirdsong posted:

"Too much HTML5" is not really a thing. It's more that they are just running too many external ad-tracking/sharing scripts. Look at this insane list:

If you run Google's page speed tester on it:

Technically speaking, it's just a giant mess of a site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

i'm pretty dumb but i haven't heard of any of them being for sale and don't think that's a near term thing

just that they steamrolled cali and other states into legalizing it with no regard to the geneva convention

as if we ever had any regard for that

• Locked thread