Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fix posted:

That cat is in no way helping.

He's leading him down an empty street but will no doubt abandon him the second traffic comes. Its like when you super jump to a teammate and they respond by running away so you just get camped and killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Cthulhuchan posted:

What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

My heart is with the cats but I love all animals.

Except birds. They're weird.

Damone
May 3, 2009
Loving the custom blaster. The bubbler is just so good and the echo locater is great for picking off people around corners. Get a good position and you can really make it hard for the enemy team to push through.

E: Just went 15 to 1 with it. :v:

Damone fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 9, 2015

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Last night I had my most frustrating splatoon experience yet. There was a roller player who was so laggy that he projected a 5yd zone of death in every direction. You approach this dude from any direction with any weapon, you die 5 seconds later. I stayed in the room with him for 3 games and I was so mad I had to quit for the night. That's my splatoon story for the day. :(

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Finally sorted out my internet issues and played my first Splatoon game in a week. Went 12-0 with 1500 points. Team Dog better watch themselves. :getin:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Sade posted:

Last night I had my most frustrating splatoon experience yet. There was a roller player who was so laggy that he projected a 5yd zone of death in every direction. You approach this dude from any direction with any weapon, you die 5 seconds later. I stayed in the room with him for 3 games and I was so mad I had to quit for the night. That's my splatoon story for the day. :(

Why did you stay in the room

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

We can all agree that team bird is trash

perhaps a peace treaty, is possible *nods solemnly*

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Team Dog, Team Rice, Team Rock, Team Squid, Team Megadrive, Team Feathers

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sade posted:

Was the name Jarrett because I had a weird killing spree yesterday and I don't know why.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

dragon enthusiast posted:

Why did you stay in the room

Bc I worked a long rear end shift yesterday and I was tired as gently caress. I should have just left after one game. I dunno why I stayed. Really I should have just gone to bed but I work a lot and I want to splat.

Jarogue posted:

Was the name Jarrett because I had a weird killing spree yesterday and I don't know why.

The mii name was Cesar. Unless you mean my mii name, which is Sade.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Splatoon Megathread: Pet Island

Splatoon: It's Inking Cats and Dogs.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Though you may forsake , the cats will never forsake you in the war against the dogs.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I do not understand how I'm the only person that got sick of the team cat/dog thing like a month ago

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Though you may forsake , the cats will never forsake you in the war against the dogs.

Dog takes bullet for family and chases down gunman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go5gVUG-l5g

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

You don't deserve that avatar

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Repping Team because this dumb bastard lives in my house and is cuter than any of you.

Also because they don't have Team Bunny.

We named our amiibos Shelby, Finn and Inkgrid. I think I'm funny.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jarogue posted:

Dog takes bullet for family and chases down gunman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go5gVUG-l5g

Talk to me again when the gunman is a cat.

Worst Girl posted:

You don't deserve that avatar

Listen, this is cat vs dog, not cat vs. Missile.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Cat

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Dog

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ometeotl posted:

Listen, this is cat vs dog, not cat vs. Missile.

Missile's entire character revolves around the fact that he is the elemental incarnation of pure dog.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

When is Splatfest again?

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Jarogue posted:

When is Splatfest again?

6am 6/20 through 6am 6/21 (PST)

but the cat vs dog battle is eternal

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bean posted:

Also because they don't have Team Bunny.

Well yeah, if they had team bunny it would be a no-brainer.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Misandu posted:

Are people still complaining about the Aerospray? It looks like the Ranked meta has shifted to medium-long range weapons at this point. I saw more Chargers then Aerosprays while playing last night, and for the most part they were much more effective.
People still play a lot of turf war, especially since you can't join friends in ranked.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I thought we were supposed to be the underdogs here but just how many of us are there?
The Cat/Dog competition is North America only, where dogs have always been more popular than cats, unlike the rest of the world. Team dog is in no way the underdog

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i am being unfairly treated in #splagoons for my adoration of dogs over cats and i would like to call on the rest of task force dog to join me in my revolutionary efforts to kill them

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

codenameFANGIO posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApoNISsbisE
birds own

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

i am being unfairly treated in #splagoons for my adoration of dogs over cats and i would like to call on the rest of task force dog to join me in my revolutionary efforts to kill them

I'll ban you when I finally haul my lazy arse out of bed for inciting a riot in the channel.

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
So like, what if you have a gluten allergy and you eat bread made from rice flour? What do you choose then?

Also,

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

IronicDongz posted:

The Cat/Dog competition is North America only, where dogs have always been more popular than cats, unlike the rest of the world. Team dog is in no way the underdog

83.3 million—Number of owned dogs vs 95.6 million—Number of owned cats

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Randumb Thots posted:

So like, what if you have a gluten allergy and you eat bread made from rice flour? What do you choose then?

Also,

I'd call you a filthy neutral, but you made the right choice in the end.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Because more people who own cats own multiple cats.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cat ladies that have their homes filled with cats probably skew that number.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
that's only because cat owners are crazy and buy like 12 and never clean themselves, their houses, or stop eating

remember that episode of hoarders where the lady had like 20 cats and one was dead under the couch and she was like "oh well" that's all cat owners. savage beasts

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

oopsie rock posted:

6am 6/20 through 6am 6/21 (PST)

but the cat vs dog battle is eternal

Wait. It's seriously only a day long? Fukkkkk.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
I would think it because cats are relatively unobtrusive pets, whereas dogs are basically retarded children, with all that entails.

^^ also yeah what I though splatfest was supposed to be two days

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Cthulhuchan posted:

I would think it because cats are relatively unobtrusive pets, whereas dogs are basically retarded children, with all that entails.

that would make dogs smarter than cats by default since cats are turds

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Fix posted:

Wait. It's seriously only a day long? Fukkkkk.

Yep. :( I'm out of town until late on the 20th so I might have to take advantage of my insomnia the next morning to do my part for Team Cat.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

that's only because cat owners are crazy and buy like 12 and never clean themselves, their houses, or stop eating

remember that episode of hoarders where the lady had like 20 cats and one was dead under the couch and she was like "oh well" that's all cat owners. savage beasts

Super banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

IronicDongz posted:

Because more people who own cats own multiple cats.

People get multiple cats because cats require the friendship of their own kind, and are not content to be mindless lapdogs.

• Locked thread