Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Would you take dio as a lawyer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Presumably he'd be a prosecution attorney.

Dio von Karma.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm sad there will never be an Ace Attorney game with Prosecutor Dio Brando objecting to things by screaming "WRYYYY".

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Stairmaster posted:

Of course, which judge or jury would go against such a sexy man?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

BaDandy posted:

My favorite "how I became DIO's minion" story is DIO just finding Anubis after breaking into a museum.

It's my favorite because Hol Horse mentions offhand that DIO has a lot of crap that should probably be in museums, so you just know he's looking for more poo poo like the stone mask or the bow and arrow. Even if you don't find anything like that, they're still worth a lot of money, so it's win-win all around.

I now have the mental image of Dio breaking into museums and randomly stabbing himself with artifacts in the hopes he'll get new powers

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Sometimes I wonder what most of Dio's minions did before becoming Dio's minions.

Like, what was Steely Dan's job? What was Alessi's? Big political cartoon axes labeled 'AXE' don't come cheap you know.

Doesn't matter one bit for story purposes, I just find it amusing to think about.

Steely Dan's introduction implies that selling kebabs is his regular job. The Darby brothers probably made money by gambling; I doubt they always played just to collect souls. A lot of the others have probably never really had non-criminal jobs; Gray Fly was a terrorist for hire even before he met Dio, while Hol Horse, Devo, Midler, and Rubber Soul were probably always assassins, and N'Doul mentions being a thief. Oingo and Boingo also strike me as having been petty criminals, and the way Nena played Hol Horse makes me think she was a confidence woman. The fake Captain Teneille must have had experience as an actual captain to pull off the impersonation. Mariah might have been an electrician. It's hard to imagine what the deal was with someone like Vanilla Ice, though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Steely Dan's introduction implies that selling kebabs is his regular job.
I highly doubt Steely Dan was local to the area. My assumption would be his stint as a kebab vendor was just his cover.

Vanilla Ice, meanwhile, always struck me as a biker of some kind.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

It's hard to imagine what the deal was with someone like Vanilla Ice, though.

He just sat patiently waiting for a British vampire to show up for him to serve

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Vanilla Ice was probably like a cabaret dancer, honestly

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Honestly, what does Vanilla Ice do when he's working for Dio, considering that Terrance is the "butler".

(This is a rhetorical question, I think we already know the answer to this one, thanks)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Interior Redecorator.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

He's a great collaborator.

Dio likes to keep him around because he really knows how to listen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He leaves a lot, but he always returns bringing some kind of new invention.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You know when he's gonna do it too. You can see it in his eyes. It's like something grabs a hold of him tightly.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
On the downside, Dio's always having to get his doors and walls repaired. He's not made of money, Ice!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

He's a real vandal alright.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
But, if there's a problem, yo, he'll solve it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

The Darby brothers probably made money by gambling; I doubt they always played just to collect souls.

I'm pretty sure Daniel outright says at one point in the manga that he amassed a great fortune by beating some wealthy individuals.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The true tragedy of Terence's life was being ora'd through a wall before he could break in on the korean starcraft scene

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I can't tell if people are trying to purposefully spoil star platinum being able to stop time in the anime thread or if they're legit just jumping through hoops and coming to that conclusion naturally

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Can't wait for people to react to Jotaro pulling one last bullshit trick out of his rear end.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

FirstAidKite posted:

I can't tell if people are trying to purposefully spoil star platinum being able to stop time in the anime thread or if they're legit just jumping through hoops and coming to that conclusion naturally

to be fair, it was pretty heavy-handed about the whole 'OUR STANDS ARE SIMILAR EXCEPT MINE IS COOLER AND PRETTIER, JOTARO' thing

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Waffleman_ posted:

Something I kinda like is how the first three Jojos actually had respectable careers aside from being punchguys. Like, Johnathan was an archaeologist, Joseph was a real estate tycoon, and Jotaro is a marine biologist. It makes them feel more like actual people than other shonen protagonists who are just all about punching mans.

I assume Josuke followed the fellow good citizens of Morioh and opened something like a Repair store, antiques shop or health clinic. Something to provide remarkable service like Tonio and Cinderella (RIP).

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Stairmaster posted:

I totally would, rhetoric is important in the courtroom and he's pretty intelligent and competent on top of that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I assume Josuke followed the fellow good citizens of Morioh and opened something like a Repair store, antiques shop or health clinic. Something to provide remarkable service like Tonio and Cinderella (RIP).

I wanna believe he became a magic doctor. :v:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
If Josuke became a magic doctor, you know he'd have a cult around him whether he wanted one or not.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I totally would, rhetoric is important in the courtroom and he's pretty intelligent and competent on top of that.

Yeah, there are a lot of moments of dialogue, like when he's talking to Polnareff on the stairs after trolling him, that make me go, "Oh....right, you were gonna be a lawyer." The peace of mind speech makes sense on a surface level if you're too distracted or intimidated to think about it for more than a minute.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Soulcleaver posted:

If Josuke became a magic doctor, you know he'd have a cult around him whether he wanted one or not.

Nope. He's an rear end in a top hat. Somehow everyone there would love Koichi though.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So my girlfriend asked to read the first Jojonium on the train to work today and she texts me about a half hour into her ride "Yo Dio's such a dick!" :getin:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I have this image now of some baby boomer coming to josuke for spirit surgery and expecting it to be all this feel good hippy poo poo before Crazy Diamond roundhouse kicks their cancer through a wall.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Pretty sure it was said that Crazy D can't heal diseases or anything caused by old age, basically he can "just" fix injuries (which is still pretty good).

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Star Platinum posted:

Pretty sure it was said that Crazy D can't heal diseases or anything caused by old age, basically he can "just" fix injuries (which is still pretty good).

Well considering he can also fuse dudes into a rock and change food into their base components I don't think Josuke really knows how much Crazy Diamond can do until he tries it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Star Platinum posted:

IIRC, Crazy Diamond works by actually reverting something to a prior state, and it can only go back so far; probably more than an hour but less than a day. So it wouldn't help with diseases, unless it had a weirdly short eclipse phase.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

hoobajoo posted:

IIRC, Crazy Diamond works by actually reverting something to a prior state, and it can only go back so far; probably more than an hour but less than a day. So it wouldn't help with diseases, unless it had a weirdly short eclipse phase.

It's definitely longer than a day. It restored Fungami to how he was before his accident, which was definitely at least a few days before Josuke recruited him for the Enigma fight.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Crazy Diamond reverts things much farther back than a day, actually. Remember when it turns manufactured products back into their components?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Silver2195 posted:

Crazy Diamond reverts things much farther back than a day, actually. Remember when it turns manufactured products back into their components?

ChaosArgate posted:

It's definitely longer than a day. It restored Fungami to how he was before his accident, which was definitely at least a few days before Josuke recruited him for the Enigma fight.

OK, yeah, it's totally longer than a day. I guess if the cancer or disease was caught early enough, he could heal it. I'm not insane to think it has an upper time limit though, right?

I like to think Josuke got a job as a therapist, so he could finally learn how to 'fix' people's hearts.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
However...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's kind of weird they always described Crazy Diamond's power as healing when it seemed more like FMA alchemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

On the contrary, FMA alchemy is more like Crazy Diamond's power.