Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there is no chance milan would spend that much money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

PerpetualSelf posted:

If AC Milan get Jackson Martinez and Inter get Cuadrado its going to be a very interesting season in Italy and the quality of the league and level of competition will definetly be higher.

That Shaqiri-Icardi-Cuadrado frontline is gonna be really interesting.

Mancini doesn't play Shaqiri in the front. Shame on you of all people for not remembering Guarin.

Is Palacio's contract up? I think he could still do a job at Inter. He scored a few this year.

The Martinez to Milan bit is because Galliani was at Porto to talk about Brahimi and Martinez happens to be there and sort of available. All signs point to Valencia, in my opinion.

Jose posted:

there is no chance milan would spend that much money

This, even with the Bee money, which is probably not even real, it's just out of the question.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

TelekineticBear! posted:

Suarez leaves and the prem turned to poo poo so its entirely possible

Little Danny Ings is going to pull on that red shirt and break all the Suarez goalscoring records. If you squint a bit it'll be like having Owen back, only without him being a massive oval office.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

This, even with the Bee money, which is probably not even real, it's just out of the question.

I read some article where he's only worth like 1/10th of what is being claimed

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Wengy had done big money transfers before, just not for a longttime. Ozil and Alexis aren't that different from Overmars and Bergkamp. Martinez is kind of expensive and is pushing 30. Plus I don't think Wenger has ever signed a player from the Portuguese league.

Giroud is a good player but Arsenal's best chance to close the gap between themselves and the top sides of Europe is to make Giroud a squad player with someone better supplanting him as a starter. Martinez turns 29 in October, he should be in near-peak form until 32 at least. Wenger doesn't make these types of signings often but I don't recall him having a side this strong bar (lone) striker recently either. It'd be similar to the RVP signing except Martinez doesn't have the injury problems/mental fraility.

edit: Debuchy was signed last summer a few weeks short of age 29 for £12m to play RB, a much less important position

ragle fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 9, 2015

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Wengy had done big money transfers before, just not for a longttime. Ozil and Alexis aren't that different from Overmars and Bergkamp. Martinez is kind of expensive and is pushing 30. Plus I don't think Wenger has ever signed a player from the Portuguese league.

:lol: Wenger didn't buy Bergkamp and Overmars barely played in his final season at Ajax. We got both for relatively cheap, all things considered.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

ozmunkeh posted:

Little Danny Ings is going to pull on that red shirt and break all the Suarez goalscoring records. If you squint a bit it'll be like having Owen back, only without him being a massive oval office.

I'll bet Ings has seen more than 5 movies and hasn't sued any contractors into suicide, so he's also got that going for him.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

You heard it here first

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I'm glad we're back to being a team people use for leverage

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It would be cool if now Pardew and all the coaches have hosed off Carroll got consistently linked to Crystal Palace instead of Newcastle signing him back

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
A lot of people are claiming that Rafael Van Der Vaart will be announced at Real Betis on Friday.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jose posted:

It would be cool if now Pardew and all the coaches have hosed off Carroll got consistently linked to Crystal Palace instead of Newcastle signing him back

Problem with Carroll is that he's gotten really good at things other than being a wrecking machine. If he was the player that we bought him at 2 years ago, West Ham would probably sell him to get some money back. However, in the two months he was fit this season, he was a wrecking ball who could also score skillful goals and actually had pace and skill. I'm genuinely not sure if I want him to stay at West Ham or not.

Also, West Ham are looking to announce a signing tomorrow. It looks like we've beaten AC Milan to sign Obiang. If it's for the reported £4.5 million that's an absolute steal:

https://twitter.com/whufc_official/status/608341417753214977

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

What a world we live in when West Ham can beat out AC Milan for a signing

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
I like how the pathetic defensive midfielder who sat around and didn't try to compete to start for one of the teams with the best midfields on earth joined another team with one of the best midfields on earth where he has no chance of starting.

GG Retard.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

this!! kind of. im hype. but i was hype last summer too so go figure

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Did you watch any AC Milan this season?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
What is this Otamendi actually worth? I don't watch La Liga

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

PerpetualSelf posted:

I like how the pathetic defensive midfielder who sat around and didn't try to compete to start for one of the teams with the best midfields on earth joined another team with one of the best midfields on earth where he has no chance of starting.

GG Retard.

Khedira was/is better than Kroos and James but RM didn't just pay 1 Trillion Pesos for him so he rotted on the bench while Bitch Carrick and Beta Twink pranced around the pitch. Khedira and Alonso were two of RM's most influential players and they've let both of them walk away. Crazy poo poo.

Khedira is a big game player and offers something different to the Juve midfield. There's a reason he kept Kroos out of the Germany side in 2010 and 2012 and it was only injury that afforded that rear end in a top hat sustained match-time. Juventus just picked RM's pocket.

Reprisal fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 10, 2015

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Reprisal posted:

Khedira was/is better than Kroos and James

lol no also he's looked really bad recently

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Reprisal posted:

Khedira was/is better than Kroos and James but RM didn't just pay 1 Trillion Pesos for him so he rotted on the bench while Bitch Carrick and Beta Twink pranced around the pitch. Khedira and Alonso were two of RM's most influential players and they've let both of them walk away. Crazy poo poo.

Khedira is a big game player and offers something different to the Juve midfield. There's a reason he kept Kroos out of the Germany side in 2010 and 2012 and it was only injury that afforded that rear end in a top hat sustained match-time. Juventus just picked RM's pocket.

Lol sure Khedira is better than James. Lol.

Khedira's utter poo poo. He won't start a single major match for Juventus unless someone is injured and if he does he'll cost them points mark my words.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Imagine letting Khedira leave on a free and keeping Illaramendi in your first team squad, incredible.

James and CR7 are perfect for one another because they can score loads of pointless goals and then torque rods with each other post-match staring at their own faces.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Khedira is pretty good. He's just injured a lot.

Also James is amazing wtf

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Well he is right about Illara being poo poo tbh

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Madrid are clearing out all their Islamic players, according to Dutch reports Modric is rumored to be behind it

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Reprisal posted:

Khedira was never particularly good for Real Madrid. And when he played this season, he was beyond awful. Last year, the team only started playing well last season when Khedira got injured and off the starting 11.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Dinho's manager in Mexico has apparently sidelined him and his agent is looking at MLS.

I'd love to see him wreck literally every player in America at 35 years old. He could drag whatever garbage team from the middle of nowhere to a title singlehandedly.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Dinho's manager in Mexico has apparently sidelined him and his agent is looking at MLS.

I'd love to see him wreck literally every player in America at 35 years old. He could drag whatever garbage team from the middle of nowhere to a title singlehandedly.

I don't think he'd want to play at Foxboro though!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

lol no also he's looked really bad recently

yeah this lol, he's loving shite and always injured

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Khedira was never particularly good for Real Madrid. And when he played this season, he was beyond awful. Last year, the team only started playing well last season when Khedira got injured and off the starting 11.

I think that poster don't watch La Liga much, can't blame him tho!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A lad in the club shop asked to get Shelvey printed on the back of his shirt and was told not to bother because he's off soon. He's supposedly told his mates that he's played his last season here, and was hanging out with Joe Ledley in Cardiff the other night. Pardew's got his sights set on his missus for sure.

Top, top transfer rumours.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

A lad in the club shop asked to get Shelvey printed on the back of his shirt and was told not to bother because he's off soon. He's supposedly told his mates that he's played his last season here, and was hanging out with Joe Ledley in Cardiff the other night. Pardew's got his sights set on his missus for sure.

Pardew signing all the players at Palace he wasn't allowed to at Newcastle.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Hell, she must be thrilled.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Arsenal have released Abou Diaby.

:(

Here's the complete list of retained and released players. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/jun/100615-premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists/

euroboy fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 10, 2015

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Can you have an official club rumours column? Very weird. I suppose they let Jack Sullivan blab about everything already.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/June/10-June/Boleyn-Insider

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euroboy posted:

He will probably go to Milan and play 40 matches a year for the next 5 years.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Klose is staying at Lazio for another season

Both cool and good

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

euroboy posted:

Here's the complete list of retained and released players. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/jun/100615-premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists/

Ryo...

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

euroboy posted:

Miyaichi, too, looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Ron Peter Vlaar on a free transfer? Van Gaal will have a bit of that

• Locked thread