Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no problem

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ya

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Since I'm on a VN kick I guess I'll try and get more than 7 minutes into Higurashi this time.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
People say One Piece is boring after the timeskip but I thought it was kinda boring before the timeskip.

Oda has never written a fight I was invested in, which is sort of a big deal when your job is explicitly writing about people who use violence to solve their problems.

The world and characters are fun though.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Was that Hosada movie before or after the timeskip?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fangz posted:

Was that Hosada movie before or after the timeskip?

Before.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

People say One Piece is boring after the timeskip but I thought it was kinda boring before the timeskip.

Oda has never written a fight I was invested in, which is sort of a big deal when your job is explicitly writing about people who use violence to solve their problems.

CP9, motherfucker

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bad Seafood posted:

I agree, but every chapters usually got a good gag in it so I dont care.

Thats the problem with the big climax fights, they get too fighty. Same with the flashbacks being too flashbacky. I just want to see everyone be goofy

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I used to be really huge into One Piece but my interest died out when every arc had to be bigger and more epic than the last and after Water 7 that sort of stuff wasn't all that exciting to me.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

CP9, motherfucker
Haven't gotten that far.

Think I left off on the Davy Back Fight.

Meme Emulator posted:

I agree, but every chapters usually got a good gag in it so I dont care.

Thats the problem with the big climax fights, they get too fighty. Same with the flashbacks being too flashbacky. I just want to see everyone be goofy
Yeah, that's why I still keep up with it. Whenever everybody's not fighting, I typically enjoy the proceedings.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol the original Higurashi character sprites

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I complain about things getting boring in One Piece while Im cranking out all 200 chapters of the Washizu arc in akagi. So im a hypocrite

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

I complain about things getting boring in One Piece while Im cranking out all 200 chapters of the Washizu arc in akagi. So im a hypocrite

The zawa zawas never get old.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i like the shoujo archtype of the guy who looks like a player but actually just has a lot of sisters and thus understands girls really well, but mostly just finds them annoying

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Davincie posted:

i like the shoujo archtype of the guy who looks like a player but actually just has a lot of sisters and thus understands girls really well, but mostly just finds them annoying
I can confirm that sisters are the worst.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Haven't gotten that far.

cp9 owns

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

My sister likes Naoki Urasawa so she is pretty okay in my opinion.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Srice posted:

Like dang, her arms are twigs because everything is going to her boobs, now.

The animation in the anime has been rough for a while now. Like it's a filler arc or something.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah. Good stuff.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Srice posted:

I remember watching a random episode a few years ago and saw that Nami's boobs are sucking up the rest of her body

👽👽🇦🇾🇾🇱🇲🇦🇴👽👽

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

i am forums user twiddy, and my superpower... heh... is to drain the humor from any situation

*snaps fingers, all the bad words in FYAD are censored*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm bored so I'm gonna see if I find Shirobako any more interesting this time.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

At first I didn't find the initial couple of eps too interesting on their own, but once I was familiar with the cast and they developed the characters a bit it was great

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Yeah I was only really watching it on word of mouth and the first few episodes were decent enough, but it's a series that gets better and better as time goes on, I feel like.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime is finally getting the recognition it deserves

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
http://real-anime-training.blogspot.com/2013/05/grappler-baki-workout-master-post.html

hahahaha what the gently caress

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I feel like I want to hit Tarou with something. Some sort of rolled up magazine maybe.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

you're lauhging now but wait until i take off my ankle weights

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
those are like, legit workouts (if a little unbalanced, like the Yujiro one that's basically just designed to give you a ripped as hell back), i'm more just wondering who the gently caress looks at Baki characters and thinks "hmm yes this is what I want to look like"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

lol the original Higurashi character sprites
To be honest I've kind of grown to dislike the new ones, too. I mean they're technically better of course but I think I preferred the PS2 ones, at least they were just kind of generic rather than weird/alien-like in the new ones. Good thing there are like a billion mods already out in the wild.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

suicide island is so good but the new scanlators are p bad...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also gently caress anyone who disses motherfucking Baki the Grappler

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

anime is finally getting the recognition it deserves

Good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nico is the best love live, but k-on is better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I watched the first season of Love Live! but I couldn't tell you who anyone was.

I played the mobile game for a bit too but the songs were unlocked too slowly and I got fed up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how loving dare you insult love live in my house

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

also gently caress anyone who disses motherfucking Baki the Grappler

it is Good poo poo, it's just good poo poo in which 3/4 of the characters are ripped to an absolutely disgusting level that no actual human should ever try to imitate

e: like I'm pretty sure it's impossible to look like a Baki character without completely loving your body with roids

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 10, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eri x Nozomi seems popular in the doujinshi scene.

Whoever they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Only 4 episodes of Chihayafuru left...I'm prepared for Maximum Feels.

• Locked thread