Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
See higher sens works. Lower doesn't. I think lower is a scheme from all the other players to gimp everyone else. It's a huge scheme.

I'm giving it time mcvey but its NOT WORKING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Xenaero posted:

See higher sens works. Lower doesn't. I think lower is a scheme from all the other players to gimp everyone else. It's a huge scheme.

i feel like you want your sens as HIGH as you can without it being too high, not as low as you can without it being too low. the advantages of low sens are mostly seen at long ranges, but if you have decent mouse control, you can do the same stuff at long range, while still being able to do snap 90/180 turns at close ranges

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Do you know which ones and why?

It appears that google was hit by it, but my emails are starting to come in intermittently now so seems to be resolved.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

fennesz posted:

I'm GN4 right now and it's difficult to figure out why some people call plays like they do. I just had a guy on cache insist that we push mid to A. We're vulnerable anyone holding mid-doors and sandbags, then we have to fight through anyone holding backsite, highway barrels or upper into A. Don't get me wrong, the glock owns but it's wildly inconsistent at anything more than 20m.

Playing pistol FFA really, really makes you realize how insanely good the USP is at any range but point blank. Even then it's more than serviceable. That said P2000 for me :allears:

Generally speaking taking control of mid on cache for T pistol is pretty vital. However, to take it you generally should have someone smoking mid / flashing you either into vent or up highway.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

fennesz posted:

I'm GN4 right now and it's difficult to figure out why some people call plays like they do. I just had a guy on cache insist that we push mid to A. We're vulnerable anyone holding mid-doors and sandbags, then we have to fight through anyone holding backsite, highway barrels or upper into A. Don't get me wrong, the glock owns but it's wildly inconsistent at anything more than 20m.

Playing pistol FFA really, really makes you realize how insanely good the USP is at any range but point blank. Even then it's more than serviceable. That said P2000 for me :allears:

I am personally fond of mid to a on pistol round cache. You usually see a 2-1-2 split on cache, and the rotate from b to a is slower than a to b. If you smoke doors, you have to usually just deal with toxic and quad, and if you do 4 mid 1 squeaky you can flank them out. Even if you don't smoke mid it usually comes down to a 4v1 on the mid dude where you should be able to get him before forklift or truck guy gets to highway. Basically, the idea is that you avoid crossfire by good timing.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Boosting 4 mid with the booster going A main is like the goto T cache pistol round at the moment

Xenaero posted:

TRY HARDER

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Kwilty posted:

Generally speaking taking control of mid on cache for T pistol is pretty vital. However, to take it you generally should have someone smoking mid / flashing you either into vent or up highway.

mid control on every map is essential, provided the map has a 'mid' i.e. not nuke

cache and mirage are perfect examples, as teams that shy away from mid tend to lose

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Kwilty posted:

It appears that google was hit by it, but my emails are starting to come in intermittently now so seems to be resolved.

I have a few random emails from this morning that are just now popping in, so it's not just Steam apparently.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
would anybody want to watch me stream our cevo m match tonight? i realized that i can actually stream if i set the bitrate low enough

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Drop a link when it goes live and let whatever happens happen

e: so close, yet so far away. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGBur2slLd0

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 9, 2015

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

fennesz posted:

If you are going mid on cache you probably want a tec9 and a smoke. If CTs don't smoke garage you should be able to run out and get a pick pretty easily. And then most of the time highway to A is open, though sometimes B can be the better choice if CTs rotate too quickly.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Sitting Bull posted:

would anybody want to watch me stream our cevo m match tonight? i realized that i can actually stream if i set the bitrate low enough

Im going to throw mcnuggets at your window.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Sitting Bull posted:

training_aim_csgo2 rounds with the friberg settings (i'm up to just under 80 hits now)

- shroud
+ church

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Gibbo posted:

Im going to throw mcnuggets at your window.

please don't

aborn posted:

- shroud
+ church

thanks aborn

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sitting Bull posted:

I'll watch, sure, stuck at work until 10 anyway

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Sitting Bull posted:

I'm interested. What time is it?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I'm down to watch as well.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
NiP has just had a terrible, terrible night. First they lose to flipside, then they get completely destroyed by TSM on cache. Grim.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That makes me sad. It was nice having a stable top 3 team. I wonder what will happen after they collapse :(

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
This fnatic vs nV match is the tits. Both teams just trolling and forcing with autoshotties and poo poo every round. :allears:

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
Ok I'll post the thing when I'm gonna do the thing, at 730PST

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Sitting Bull posted:

I'll watch you guys get rolled. I just moved and so all i can do is watch streams. Net here blows so far. (GLHF)

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
I have solo queued my way to supreme on the back of a like 14 out of 15 games win streak with the one loss to a spinbotter but this is probably about to start being unpleasant.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ahh this is the life

Meanwhile in solo queue

At least I inflicted his only death. Hell yeah.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 9, 2015

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
How do some people have a ping of 7? I'm normally at 60, but lately its jumping up to 80, is that detrimental?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Sitting Bull posted:

Is nearest MCDs the one on Pandora?

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Gibbo posted:

Is nearest MCDs the one on Pandora?

stop doxxing me

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Sitting Bull posted:

stop doxxing me

Is it doxxing if I've already seen your dingle?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Pookum posted:

How do some people have a ping of 7? I'm normally at 60, but lately its jumping up to 80, is that detrimental?

live closer to the server. 7 is pretty fantastic, I live just outside of NYC and I don't even crack 12-15 ping to NYC servers.

50-60 is pretty standard, when you start getting up toward 80 and above you're approaching non-ideal territory.

To limit your ping settings, if you're playing on official servers, type in your console:

mm_dedicated_search_maxping xx (where xx is your desired maximum ping)

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I used to play on a server with 4 ping in 1.6.

70-80 is when things still play alright but you will notice a difference, anything above 100 feels like poo poo to me. However, at 200+ it comes full circle and becomes so weird its fun.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The Blue Caboose posted:

I am personally fond of mid to a on pistol round cache. You usually see a 2-1-2 split on cache, and the rotate from b to a is slower than a to b. If you smoke doors, you have to usually just deal with toxic and quad, and if you do 4 mid 1 squeaky you can flank them out. Even if you don't smoke mid it usually comes down to a 4v1 on the mid dude where you should be able to get him before forklift or truck guy gets to highway. Basically, the idea is that you avoid crossfire by good timing.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If you are going mid on cache you probably want a tec9 and a smoke. If CTs don't smoke garage you should be able to run out and get a pick pretty easily. And then most of the time highway to A is open, though sometimes B can be the better choice if CTs rotate too quickly.

Fair. I feel like all of this is requires at least a partially coordinated effort which sure as poo poo isn't happening in GN4 pugs.

I'm going to start considering my pistol buys a little more though instead of armor every time. Blindly doing anything, especially in pistol rounds feels like a mistake.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

fennesz posted:

Fair. I feel like all of this is requires at least a partially coordinated effort which sure as poo poo isn't happening in GN4 pugs.

I'm going to start considering my pistol buys a little more though instead of armor every time. Blindly doing anything, especially in pistol rounds feels like a mistake.

P250 Smoke Flash in pugs has been my go to as of late in pugs. As GN's generally are kill hungry a good alternative is smoke and tec-9. Just monitor what other people are buying. Its definitely good to have 2-3 armored up people, but those smokes are pretty much vital on every map at every rank... Except silver, gently caress silver.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Sitting Bull posted:

stop doxxing me

Don't worry, your real life identity is super safe and no one knows it.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Pookum posted:

Some people are born in Sweden where the internet is functionally magical and latency is the myth.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

henne posted:

I used to play on a server with 4 ping in 1.6.

70-80 is when things still play alright but you will notice a difference, anything above 100 feels like poo poo to me. However, at 200+ it comes full circle and becomes so weird its fun.

200+ is how we learned to play CS, back when I had dial up internet in 2001. We also had LAN cafes everywhere in those days so it was this weird jump between the two; high latency and ultra low latency with nothing in between.

Now I'm going to go off and play some assault and militia on my 17" CRT.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Fat Lou posted:

Don't worry, your real life identity is super safe and no one knows it.

more like nobody cares

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
This assassin game mode is so loving lame. Whoever was in charge of approving missions needs to get fired.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Cal-m with 140 ping 400x300 software mode low poly models 50 FPS get at me you spoiled kids

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

400x300 fun fact: no black areas around scoped in AWP. Someone accused me of cheating at a LAN because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

mcvey posted:

Cal-m with 140 ping 400x300 software mode low poly models 50 FPS get at me you spoiled kids

sorry mcvey but i would never describe you as calm

• Locked thread