Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The LG that was in my house when I bought it has made horrendous clunking compressor sounds the entire time I've owned it. I've been waiting for it to die, but it just won't.

Occasionally it seems like it gets up a real head of pissed-off and has this one single loud bang-clunk, but then it fires up again just after I get excited about fridge shopping.

Feed it nitromethane more amperage :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

Counterpoint: Who the hell doesn't like chicken wings?

I know a few people who just don't like eating that little meat relative to that much bone. So they get chicken nuggets boneless wings.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Does anyone have any experience in renting a performance car in Germany? I would love to take a Porsche up into the alps for a day when I visit Munich but I don't know how car rentals work there or if it's worth the time/effort when I could just take a train.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Seriously thought there was a doubleposting there. Not enough good nux gifs.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Geirskogul posted:

Seriously thought there was a doubleposting there. Not enough good nux gifs.

It tripped me up for a second too :(

at least the text matches the scene in my av :v:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Oh man there is no one at this place....

blk
Dec 19, 2009
"Why are those gentlemen in the Jeep waving at me?" he wondered, pulling up to the light in his Miata while wearing a pink shirt and blasting Aimee Mann.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

1500quidporsche posted:

Could be kitchen aide. That's what most my stuff is now, seems reasonably well put together but I literally tried finding the best built entry model I could find. I'm not planning on staying in my place more then another year or two

GE is the worst. My place was all GE when I moved in and the design of everything was just garbage. I'm still half expecting my dryer to come flying off the wall one of these days because it can't handle doing my bed sheets without being unbalanced as gently caress.

Kitchenaid is owned by Whirlpool now as well. Most of the large appliances you can find in the US will be Whirlpool (Maytag, Kitchenaid, Amana) or Electrolux (GE, Tappan, many others).

GE has been pretty sturdy for me. We have a ~13 year old GE Monogram ice maker at the moment, a 15 year old GE stove (admittedly, a very basic gas cooktop), and most apartments I've lived in had 20+ year old GE appliances that just kept trucking along. Granted, that was when GE was GE; Electrolux bought their appliance division in 2014.

Safety Dance posted:

Counterpoint: Who the hell doesn't like chicken wings?

Me.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tusen Takk posted:

Since I'm banned from Facebook

a) What the hell did you do to be banned on Facebook

b) How ironic I read that and see you in Kitty Jail :D

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah to be fair the GE stuff in my condo came with the unit and was likely bought on cost grounds. It more a frustration at the contempt the designers have for their products.

When I was working on my dishwasher it literally looked like somebody did a hit of meth, slapped it together in 45 minutes and thought "that'll get it done". There's no pride in products anymore, whenever I see a really old appliance I get the feeling somebody was hard at work trying to create something they'd want in their home.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

blk posted:

"Why are those gentlemen in the Jeep waving at me?" he wondered, pulling up to the light in his Miata while wearing a pink shirt and blasting Aimee Mann.

My first bike was a pink and purple CBR. We were broke at the time so I had a plaid jansport backpack and i was wearing a teal as gently caress goodwill hoodie. Some kids rolled up next to me at a light in a RX8 and yelled "Nice bike human being!"

In regards to products made by meth heads, I used to work at the Jeld-Wen plant in Vermont and we had your typical redneck tweaker working there. Whenever we had a door that was in pretty questionable shape to send out he would say "gently caress man, can't see it from my house." and out it would go.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 9, 2015

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I honestly am not sure whether Reagan & Thatcher exporting all of their respective countries' manufacturing jobs to the 3rd world which resulted in everyone's dishwasher sucking a fat dick now because why would a chinese guy making $1 a day give a gently caress, really, or if the invention and subsequent deployment of teal to every new sports franchise for 20 years was the worst thing that happened in the years 1980-2010

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Now that I have a house and a kitchen with more than 2 square feet of counter space, I'm trying out baking some goodies. Made soft pretzels last night. Ugly, but god damned delicious.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I honestly am not sure whether Reagan & Thatcher exporting all of their respective countries' manufacturing jobs to the 3rd world which resulted in everyone's dishwasher sucking a fat dick now because why would a chinese guy making $1 a day give a gently caress, really
Given how many fucks the average unionised manufacturing-sector worker gave throughout much of the seventies, such things happening shortly afterwards should baffle no-one.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Apparently it's called the devils ride.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devils_Ride

I don't know how anyone could think it's real.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

e: nm, i'm bad at page numbers

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

opengl128 posted:

Now that I have a house and a kitchen with more than 2 square feet of counter space, I'm trying out baking some goodies. Made soft pretzels last night. Ugly, but god damned delicious.

They look like dongs and turds but now I really want some pretzels.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mariooncrack posted:

Apparently it's called the devils ride.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devils_Ride

I don't know how anyone could think it's real.

I see these guys quite a bit in so cal. They're loving retards. It's like the episode of South park where they redefine the word fag every time I see them.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I know a few people who just don't like eating that little meat relative to that much bone. So they get chicken nuggets boneless wings.

*raises hand*

Seriously, it's not worth the effort.

Also, phone postin' from my hotel i'm staying in for the next few days. Reeks of old cigarettes, but they have free WiFi and Dominoes room service so it's not too bad.

Also, there's a Hardee's a short drive away. Got to try that new Most American burger with hotdogs + chips on it along with your typical burger toppings... surprisingly good and insanely filling.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

T1g4h posted:

*raises hand*

Seriously, it's not worth the effort.

Watch and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRcOY-PvOC8

It's easy and takes less than a second.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

Watch and learn:

Still would rather have boneless wings or chicken fries :v:

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

T1g4h posted:

Still would rather have boneless wings or chicken fries :v:

There's no such things as boneless wings. You're eating chicken assholes pressed into a form.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Backov posted:

There's no such things as boneless wings. You're eating chicken assholes pressed into a form.

Don't care. Still tasty.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Goddammit first it was pizza talk now it's wing talk you fuckers are really making it difficult to stick to a clean diet so I don't go back over 260lbs :argh:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Chicken wings, boneless or not I don't care.

Hottest fuckin' sauce you got.

Cold beer.
:getin:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Man I should make some chicken wings soon. I like to experiment with different flavours with my wings; current favourite at Casa di Chips is a toss-up between honey wasabi and ancho chile-peach.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Previa_fun posted:

Chicken wings, boneless or not I don't care.

Hottest fuckin' sauce you got.

Cold beer.
:getin:

I used to be this, way, now i prefer tasting the different peppers rather than just the heat. One of my favorite is dairy queen's buffalo sauce, which from what i understand is no longer available in commie america because of obamacare.

From what i can tell, it's cayenne and habanero, and at least some other pepper becuse i've never been able to match it on my own.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Great Beer posted:

Once History Channel became a series of Build-a-Bike and Pawn Shop shows I gave up. Netflix/Hulu covers anything that ends up being good.

What, the Hitler/Aliens/Conspiracy poo poo wasn't enough?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

KozmoNaut posted:

Watch and learn:

Son of a bitch, that made me hungry.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

a) What the hell did you do to be banned on Facebook

b) How ironic I read that and see you in Kitty Jail :D

I reported the Nigerian dude for impersonating me and either Facebook banned the wrong guy or he reported me back

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Backov posted:

Boneless wings that aren't bargain bin nuggets are made from chicken tenders :confused:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
STEAK

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
That looks like a good fuckin steak

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
God loving damnit, you jerks just had to go talk about steak and hot wings, possibly my two most favorite foods ever.

Now it's almost midnight and I'm hungry. :mad:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Terrible Robot posted:

God loving damnit, you jerks just had to go talk about steak and hot wings, possibly my two most favorite foods ever.

Now it's almost midnight and I'm hungry. :mad:
They don't have delivery where you live?

God dammit cat, I was literally just about to go to bed and you gotta curl up next to me on the couch. What the hell buddy?

e. I guess I can commit some code before I call it a night.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Safety Dance posted:

They don't have delivery where you live?

I traded convenient food delivery for the ability to never have to see or hear my neighbors if I don't want to. :shrug:

Also find me a place that will deliver a steak at midnight, period.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 10, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Meet Rosie. I wasnt looking at picking up another cat, but she just sort of dropped into my lap. The owner is an old lady who just got worse with her dementia, and the lady's granddaughter is trying to rehome her. She was described as a big ball of anxiety and fear, and totally antisocial because she was too afraid of anything. I went to look into her anyways after finding out she was at the end of the road in boarding with the caretakers having no idea what to do with her, and she'd been there a while and was getting more anxious due to the environment.

All I did was walk in, put my hand out after sitting, and just sit there. And waited. And she came out to me, and after sniffing me briefly she started headbutting, flopped over, and made biscuits into the towel. The lady I met has never seen her do that before in her life, and I noticed out of the corner of my eye the entire staff at the boarding place/vet was actually watching me pet her. After I latched her back up, I went out and the whole vet crew was saying they couldnt believe I was pettinng her at all, she normally cowers and tries to run.

She comes home tomorrow.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
That's a pretty cat

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The pictures lie but she's actually pretty seriously overweight, but considering that I saw honest surprise in the eyes of the vet staff I was even able to pet her, much less right off the bat I just honestly feel like she's supposed to come home with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

14 INCH SLIT posted:

The pictures lie but she's actually pretty seriously overweight, but considering that I saw honest surprise in the eyes of the vet staff I was even able to pet her, much less right off the bat I just honestly feel like she's supposed to come home with me.

Cats just Know :3:

• Locked thread