Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

poptart_fairy posted:

While we're talking about Sorceress', who was the one that gets burned to death on a pyre in Novigrad? Her description makes out she was a big part of the Witcher 2 but I honestly couldn't remember her.

She's pretty episodic in W2 as well, she was a merchant on Iorveth side of act 2 and in act 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Feeling equal parts pride and rage.

Haha, you should be proud, dude. I've played Ultima VII at least once a year since I first played it (in 1996, didn't get it on release) and have never played a game that captured my attention like this in terms of the sheer scale, attention to detail and plot.

Please just make the inventory a bit less clunky and slow, adding more quick slots for potions to a radial menu or something, and made it easier to target these bloody ladders. Those are the only things that have annoyed me in like 80+ hours of playing.

Also gently caress I've spent 80 hours in this game, what the hell?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I'm looking for a random exclamation mark quest that I passed and can no longer find on my map. It had some dude in front of a caged basilisk (or it might have been an endrega or some sort of draconid) talking to a bunch of Redanian soldiers.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

moot the hopple posted:

I'm looking for a random exclamation mark quest that I passed and can no longer find on my map. It had some dude in front of a caged basilisk (or it might have been an endrega or some sort of draconid) talking to a bunch of Redanian soldiers.

Just across the bridge east of Oxenfurt I think.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

moot the hopple posted:

Some of these go away if you don't do them - be warned. I ran into some woman being burned in a house as soon as I got to velen, and there were level 9 jerks doing the burning. I couldn't kill them and when I went back, the house was clearly burnt down and presumably the woman died.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

moot the hopple posted:

Might be that they killed him or something, i've seen stuff like that happen sometimes. Like there was a elf in Novigrad with a exclamantion mark, i walked towards her and some thugs scriptedly killed her going something like "aaaa non human filth, purge the unclean, venerate the god emperor" and i just had to go :eyepop: and walk the other way.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Dongattack posted:

Might be that they killed him or something, i've seen stuff like that happen sometimes. Like there was a elf in Novigrad with a exclamantion mark, i walked towards her and some thugs scriptedly killed her going something like "aaaa non human filth, purge the unclean, venerate the god emperor" and i just had to go :eyepop: and walk the other way.

If you interfere she chews you out and says you shouldn't have gotten involved.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Broken Cog posted:

If you interfere she chews you out and says you shouldn't have gotten involved.

Nah, that's a different quest.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Is anyone else having a problem where the game keeps minimizing, then unable to go back at all? It sounds like I'm still in control of the game and no error messages show up in the task bar for display driver crashes so I'm stumped. I thought at first it might have been Galaxy making it change focus and everything making GBS threads the bed there, but it happens with steam as well.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Broose posted:

Is anyone else having a problem where the game keeps minimizing, then unable to go back at all? It sounds like I'm still in control of the game and no error messages show up in the task bar for display driver crashes so I'm stumped. I thought at first it might have been Galaxy making it change focus and everything making GBS threads the bed there, but it happens with steam as well.

I had that happen several times. It was rare and I attributed it to my NVidia drivers crapping out, but I don't know poo poo in reality so might be the game just crashing.

Burns
May 10, 2008

So finished the main quest and now I'm wondering if the DLCs will add any post-story content. I understand that the world can still be explored but it will be like it was just before the end. Might as well get to things I think need improving:

- Trophies. There needs to be a royal huntsman type of character you can turn your trophies in because they just pile up uselessly in my inventory and their bonuses are basically insignificant.
- Too many bloody mutagens. It would be better if Mutagens were more significant permanent choices, just as they were in the other 2 games.
- Too many weapon rewards. No weapon feels special or important and most are really samey. It would have been nice to see some weapons that have unique qualities, such as , for example, a sword thats really good against a certain type of monster, etc., I also don't understand why many witcher contract monsters drop silver swords (were they hanging onto them just in case?).
- Too many seemingly pointless armors in the game. Most of the stuff feels like filler.
- On the above point: most armor sets look really bland. They are not even on par with design in Witcher 2.
- Not enough monster variety. Even the generic monsters are all too samey. I barely ran into any Nekker warriors for example. I didn't run in a single Endrega Queen (not even sure they are in the game). I saw only a couple of Arachas and they seem kind of lame (wasnt hidden). There weren't very many vampires either. On the same topic, the previous games establish that certain monsters prefer certain types of habits (erm, sorry meant habitats) and this game more or less nails it, but some don't seem to belong in their surrounding environment (most Endrega on the Skellige islands, for example).
- Tier 1 Oils are basically pointless and offer too little a benefit. Isn't it only like 10% bonus damage?
- Monsters and humanoid enemies really could use more abilities in fights. Notice how some Witch Hunters carry bombs but never use them?
- Ciri's sections were great but way too short, especially near the end.

I'm hoping some of this stuff can be modded in the future if CDPR doesnt. I don't think there will be a Enhanced Edition this time around as the game is solid all around. I think thats about it for now.

Burns fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 10, 2015

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I found a diagram for a Mastercrafted Silver Sword. Had Mastercrafted in the name, so I figured I hit paydirt. Nope. Wasn't even a relic level I don't believe.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Burns posted:

(A lot of good points)

I'm hoping some of this stuff can be modded in the future if CDPR doesnt. I don't think there will be a Enhanced Edition this time around as the game is solid all around. I think thats about it for now.
I'm sure there will be mods and there will most definitely be an Enhanced Edition that fleshes out a lot of stuff.
I am really hoping they improve the inventory and also have books/notes you read go into a special journal section or something so they disappear from your inventory just like potion and bomb recipes do.
I also hope they let mutagens stack up so that reduces clutter plus (as someone else mentioned) make the monster mutagens do special things.
Hell, I would like it if generic green mutagens did something other than give you health...I have potions to give me health. I am 3 slots red and 8 slots green....I dont need that much health if I am a chemistry build!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Burns posted:

So finished the main quest and now I'm wondering if the DLCs will add any post-story content. I understand that the world can still be explored but it will be like it was just before the end.
CD Projekt already said the DLC will be set during the events of the wild hunt, and not after.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Burns posted:

- Not enough monster variety. Even the generic monsters are all too samey. I barely ran into any Nekker warriors for example. I didn't run in a single Endrega Queen (not even sure they are in the game). I saw only a couple of Arachas and they seem kind of lame (wasnt hidden). There weren't very many vampires either. On the same topic, the previous games establish that certain monsters prefer certain types of habits and this game more or less nails it, but some don't seem to belong in their surrounding environment (most Endrega on the Skellige islands, for example).

I was definitely hoping for more vampires other than Katakans and Ekimmaras. Hell, they had a Bruxa or Alp in the promo trailer and I didn't run into any in the game. I was kind of wondering if they'd bring those Bloedzuigers back for the swampy bits but it's all drowners and hags. I am very sick of drowners, by the way. Apparently 90% of the population of this world are assholes that die in the water and become drowners. Wouldn't have minded coming across some vodyanoi either.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I can't figure out a decent build with Ursine swords and Feline gear.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

"We don't have time for you to cheer up a corpse, Geralt"

:love: Yen

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Have you tried the talent that lets you spend stamina to refill health when you run out?

edit: adrenaline, rather

Burns
May 10, 2008

Bort Bortles posted:

I am really hoping they improve the inventory and also have books/notes you read go into a special journal section or something so they disappear from your inventory just like potion and bomb recipes do.

The inventory is a complete mess. Lets throw books and all notes into "Usables", for some reason. Its not nearly as bad as Witcher 2 but it needs a total overhaul. First, too much wasted space. Bombs, oils and potions need not their own tab but rather a section right under the weapons and armor tab. They should take inspiration from Dark Souls inventory in that in a fight you use what you got equipped on your character (too few slots in the quick menu to make this work but it worked well enough in Witcher 2 since it had more slots) because jumping into a menu is a free pause button. Switching to the Inventory should not pause the game!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
When I first opened my gear inventory after picking up some weapons I thought I had had a seizure and work up having installed Diablo 3 again...

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Burns posted:

The inventory is a complete mess. Lets throw books and all notes into "Usables", for some reason. Its not nearly as bad as Witcher 2 but it needs a total overhaul. First, too much wasted space. Bombs, oils and potions need not their own tab but rather a section right under the weapons and armor tab. They should take inspiration from Dark Souls inventory in that in a fight you use what you got equipped on your character (too few slots in the quick menu to make this work but it worked well enough in Witcher 2 since it had more slots) because jumping into a menu is a free pause button. Switching to the Inventory should not pause the game!

Wait, what was wrong with Witcher 2's inventory? Everything was divided up, you could sort by price and weight. It was awesome.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

mcbexx posted:

• Quest to hunt down the Zoltan Chivay card if you missed it from the scholar in White Orchard. Still miffed about that.

Hm, I thought I read somewhere that this was fixed in a patch and the Zoltan card is now obtainable from a random win. Not sure how the random wins work though; maybe you'll need to play merchants etc of a certain level? Or only the ones in Velen? Or in White Orchard? In theory you could check out all the gwent players at http://witcher3map.com/ or something and just go play everyone, in case one of them gives you Zoltan.

It's pretty annoying if they fixed the innkeeper-bought cards in White Orchard but not the tutorial card, I really thought they'd fixed both.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Invest in the combat tree enough to get the adrenaline-skills (whirl and rend, I think) and go to town with high-adrenaline damage skills all the time. Bonus, that'll let you use adrenaline to spend on boosted signs too, which you'll still be casting pretty regularly thanks to Feline being light.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Streaming again. Gonna try to head for Skellige and try not to get killed, running with a bunch of mods:

https://www.twitch.tv/dork_rex

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Oh but we have

Mr. Flunchy posted:

But Yen would send Geralt on a quest to get her something to cheer her up. What a user!

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
OK, I give up: how do you (Now or Never spoilers) ensure that Triss will show up at Kaer Morhen later if you don't tell her you love her? Do you have to be all wishy-washy and just not sleep with her? Literally every forum post I can find on this disagrees on exactly what to say and what the end-game effects are.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Where's my bandit gwent deck dlc?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

OK, I give up: how do you (Now or Never spoilers) ensure that Triss will show up at Kaer Morhen later if you don't tell her you love her? Do you have to be all wishy-washy and just not sleep with her? Literally every forum post I can find on this disagrees on exactly what to say and what the end-game effects are.

She shows up no matter what. She is plot required.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

She just shows up at Kaer Morhen anyway if you let her get onto the ship. Yennefer asks her for help. Only ask her to stay if you want to do her romance plot.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Doesn't matter what you say. All options result in that.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Lareine posted:

Wait, what was wrong with Witcher 2's inventory? Everything was divided up, you could sort by price and weight. It was awesome.

Witcher 2's inventory didnt utilize space well.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Burns posted:

Witcher 2's inventory didnt utilize space well.

Compared to Witcher 3's inventory, which is bad enough to be considered non-functional, I'd take it any day. Everything had its own tab. You want bombs? You got bombs. No need to scroll through poo poo.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
I've just spent 20 hours on question marks in Velen, so my memory is a bit vague on actual main quest stuff now. I helped Triss onto a boat, and gave the 'Lets try again' answer instead of 'I love you'. Have I locked myself out of any future mo-cap coitus? Did I miss some already? The only person I've ploughed so far is Keira, who I then pretty much immediately killed :cry:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Aishan posted:

The grand prize winner has Geralt using a steel sword against a werewolf. :colbert:
Maybe it's that one fight in peasant-town where there were enough thugs that Geralt kept stopping to switch swords on me every time I took a swing.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Earlier people were questioning igni's armor melt ability, just did some really quick testing.

Average fast strike dmg against a Skull earth elemental: 40
Average fast strike dmg against a Skull earth elemental after igni with 5/5 melt: 65

Worth five points? debatable but it definitely does something

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I LOVE that I finally found an Arachas that is not a red skull and I have killed it five times (by save skumming, which I hate doing) yet no Arachas venom has dropped :allears: Do I have to wait till level 30 (26-27?) to be able to fight the ONE OTHER Arachas I found (a venomous Arachas with a red skull that I did zero damage to) to be able to brew Enhanced Tawny Owl?!?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Pyromancer posted:

She's pretty episodic in W2 as well, she was a merchant on Iorveth side of act 2 and in act 3.

Ohhh the one who was just finishing up her degree in alchemy or whatever in W2? :(

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

If you're still seriously having trouble with the combat difficulty, get Whirl and pop Ekhidna decoction. It's like bumping it back down to easy without having to go into a menu.

Lareine posted:

Compared to Witcher 3's inventory, which is bad enough to be considered non-functional, I'd take it any day. Everything had its own tab. You want bombs? You got bombs. No need to scroll through poo poo.

The inventory system is not good and bad but you guys and your hyperbole. :rolleyes:

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 10, 2015

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Bort Bortles posted:

I LOVE that I finally found an Arachas that is not a red skull and I have killed it five times (by save skumming, which I hate doing) yet no Arachas venom has dropped :allears: Do I have to wait till level 30 (26-27?) to be able to fight the ONE OTHER Arachas I found (a venomous Arachas with a red skull that I did zero damage to) to be able to brew Enhanced Tawny Owl?!?

theres a wild area toward the very end of the game that has constantly and quickly respawning arachas among other things

that place is how i hit lvl 35 too

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Mr.Citrus posted:

For pc users unable to alt sign despite having it slotted, do the following:

Navigate to and open %USERPROFILE%\Documents\The Witcher 3\input.settings with a text editor.
Find every instance of IK_Q=(Action=CastSignHold,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.2) and set 0.2 to 0.05
Save changes

This also allows puppet master and delusion to slotted at the same time.

This is good advice that everyone should act upon accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Blue Raider posted:

theres a wild area toward the very end of the game that has constantly and quickly respawning arachas among other things

that place is how i hit lvl 35 too
Thank you for the reply but the whole point of my post is that I am at least halfway through the game (at Ugly Baby) and I have yet to find enough Lesser Red Mutagens, Nekker Warriors, or Arachas, Ekimarras, or trolls (for varying reasons; e.g. not unnecessarily killing trolls) to make basic formulas that I have had the recipe for since level 5.