Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Behold, the Superior Dome (Northern Michigan)

It is a geodesic made out of douglas fir!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Do the geese tailgate

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That's where the people are supposed to tailgate, but geese are loving assholes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why are there only like 2 geodesic dome stadiums step it the gently caress up other teams

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Civil Conflict? Weak rivalry name. We can come up with a better name.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

pillsburysoldier posted:

Civil Conflict? Weak rivalry name. We can come up with a better name.

The War of UConn Aggression

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

Actually a pretty cool dome for a community rec center

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Neodoomium posted:

It's bigger than the Skydome, but it doesn't seat as many and doesn't have pretty mountains and trees surrounding it. Lame.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Michigan.jpg

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cadaverous.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Has anyone ever successfully taken a picture of Jim Harbaugh when he wasn't yelling?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I mean there's this:

Though to be fair there's no indication that he's actually trying to play it rather than screaming into it about how the flute shouldn't waste any days on this Earth and should always try to achieve the maximum that it can.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

VDay posted:

I mean there's this:

Though to be fair there's no indication that he's actually trying to play it rather than screaming into it about how the flute shouldn't waste any days on this Earth and should always try to achieve the maximum that it can.

That's a piccolo, he is probably attempting to flute-scream

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VDay posted:

I mean there's this:

Attacking the music with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind.

Actual Jim Harbaugh piccolo footage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgBgXyLt17s

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Which school is going to be the first to replace their marching band with a flame-guitar speaker vehicle?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

R.D. Mangles posted:

Which school is going to be the first to replace their marching band with a flame-guitar speaker vehicle?

Oregon.

And the guitar player will be Puddles.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If I was rich, I'd donate an obscene amount of money to get a marching band to arrange and play Smack My Bitch Up during a game.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jim Harbaugh and marching bands, well I didn't really care about him before and now I actively dislike him.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Spurrier wore it better.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Oregon.

And the guitar player will be Puddles.

I'd be 100% down with this

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Pre-season mags are making the rounds.

Athlon's ACC DL

:getin:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Crotch Bat posted:

Pre-season mags are making the rounds.

Athlon's ACC DL

:getin:

Looking forward to more 0-0 games are we?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
If I get to watch what could be the best DL in the country and the best VT's ever had? Yea, sure.

The D is going to be a ton of fun to watch. Kendall Fuller is probably the best DB to ever suit up for VT and will be playing his final season, too. It's been probably a solid decade since I think I'll have seen a VT defense this fun to watch. There's been good ones between now and then, ones that dominate and shut down teams and top the stats but you can see that this is just going to be a fun defense to watch.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 9, 2015

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Crotch Bat posted:

If I get to watch what could be the best DL in the country and the best VT's ever had? Yea, sure.

The D is going to be a ton of fun to watch. Kendall Fuller is probably the best DB to ever suit up for VT and will be playing his final season, too. It's been probably a solid decade since I think I'll have seen a VT defense this fun to watch. There's been good ones between now and then, ones that dominate and shut down teams and top the stats but you can see that this is just going to be a fun defense to watch.

The only question is whether or not the defense will be fun to watch against Ohio State.

This probably depends on whether or not the offense is good enough to put up ~ 21 points, which they did last year and seem to be more capable of if anything this year.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

Kevin Sumlin does need a new whizz-bang toy to get recruits' attentions...

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Can convert the ramblin wreck or the sooner's wagon into the drum/amplifier stack. That would be appropriate.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Raku posted:

The only question is whether or not the defense will be fun to watch against Ohio State.

This probably depends on whether or not the offense is good enough to put up ~ 21 points, which they did last year and seem to be more capable of if anything this year.

Gave Bud Foster the whole summer to prepare for one team, yet again. Could be we'll steal another one from them, just based on that advantage alone.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

mdemone posted:

Gave Bud Foster the whole summer to prepare for one team, yet again. Could be we'll steal another one from them, just based on that advantage alone.

Which QB are you prepping for?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Regnevelc posted:

Michael Brewer

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Regnevelc posted:

Honestly doesn't matter to Foster. He wants to hit the QB a lot on any run/option play and again on passing downs. Whoever is in at QB is gonna get knocked around on Labor Day night. I honestly think he's going to be far more concerned with limiting inside rushing yards with our weak Mike LB situation more than anything. If foster can't get the front 7 to blow up Elliot before he breaks into the secondary the rest of whatever he has planned prb won't come together.

Anyone that thinks Foster will just replicate his game plan from last year is not very smart. It will not just be tons of bear fronts, I expect a lot of more of our traditional VT robber coverages. He has taken a few years to reintegrate vs this kind of run option offense (Morris at Clemson abused them p badly and we haven't seen them as much since). I think the confusion for the OSU qbs will come more on the back end this year than the front end although we all know he's gonna have some crazy blitzes with safeties and poo poo flying through the line.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So apparently Mississippi State agreed to play UMass at Gilette Stadium in 2016, and then UMass comes to Starkville in 2017 and 2020.

QED, all SEC teams travel up north. Obviously.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Korranus posted:

So apparently Mississippi State agreed to play UMass at Gilette Stadium in 2016, and then UMass comes to Starkville in 2017 and 2020.

I liked how after we beat them '94 Miami like never played another Big East conference game away from Miami in November. God, gently caress Miami.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Korranus posted:

They're gonna cancel that 2017 game when UAB comes back

(unless UAB manages to sign a 3 star recruit or better)

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ohio State won't be starting a freshman QB nor a inexperienced OLine this year. Foster is going to have to come up with a way better game plan this year then he did last. Not saying it can't be done because he is great at what he does but I'll be shocked if they can replicate their performance from last year.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

OSU fans have some serious mojo working for that game, I kinda love it.

That gameplan didn't work because your offense was inexperienced, it worked because Urban Meyer hadn't seen it in 20 years. Bud did that TV trope equivalent of finding an obscure law from 1825 to save the teen center from the evil oil magnate.

The only reason it might not have worked later in the season is because VT was crippled with injuries. A healthy VT could have played OSU in late October and seen as much success with that gameplan.

You guys got beat because Foster outwitted Meyer not because your team wasn't ready to face a defense like that. People spent the next like 4-6 weeks trying to scheme the same way against OSU and you guys chewed them up.

And I'm fairly confident OSU wins this game but I honestly don't care because the best you can do at this point is split the series which is all sorts of :laffo: considering where VT is as a program right now.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Crotch Bat posted:

OSU fans have some serious mojo working for that game, I kinda love it.

That gameplan didn't work because your offense was inexperienced, it worked because Urban Meyer hadn't seen it in 20 years. Bud did that TV trope equivalent of finding an obscure law from 1825 to save the teen center from the evil oil magnate.

The only reason it might not have worked later in the season is because VT was crippled with injuries. A healthy VT could have played OSU in late October and seen as much success with that gameplan.

You guys got beat because Foster outwitted Meyer not because your team wasn't ready to face a defense like that. People spent the next like 4-6 weeks trying to scheme the same way against OSU and you guys chewed them up.

And I'm fairly confident OSU wins this game but I honestly don't care because the best you can do at this point is split the series which is all sorts of :laffo: considering where VT is as a program right now.

Other teams failed because we changed our game plan when we saw that defense later on. Sorry that's it's a fact that our offensive line was bad at the beginning of the year. They struggled for 3 quarters against Navy. I said that Foster had a great game plan that exploited our inexperience but he will have to come up with something better because Ohio State won't be this time.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

Other teams failed because we changed our game plan when we saw that defense later on.

:psyduck:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

I've agreed with just about everything you said I don't know why your being such a dick about it.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Definitely looking forward to our D this year, should be interesting to see what Foster does tactically in the opener. Our DL is just silly talented, same with the secondary and the outside linebackers. Hopefully our Mike's up to snuff, I'm not entirely convinced, which could weaken us significantly on any runs that make it through Maddy/Marshall inside. Though if our DTs stay healthy it's absurdly hard to run inside against the starters. I'm also interested to see if we play in man coverage almost the entire game again; I think our DBs are better overall at coverage than they were last year between Chuck Clark likely taking over at FS and freshman All-American Brandon Facyson actually being healthy this go-round. The thought that our secondary should legitimately be better than last year makes me pretty giddy.

Got a few really talented players on offense, but any success we have is pretty much going to rely entirely on the OL with that little tiny constantly-broken QB.

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

I've agreed with just about everything you said I don't know why your being such a dick about it.

The point was you changed your game plan because you'd seen the D. If VT didn't debut it you never would have seen it the whole year and you would have been as prepared for it in November as you were in September, which is to say not at all.

OSU fans either seem to ignore what VT was last year or hype them up a bit to take the sting out of that loss but your QB and your OL, which magically seemed to work fine every other week of the season, wasn't the reason you lost that game, which is my point.

• Locked thread