Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Crotch Bat posted:

The point was you changed your game plan because you'd seen the D. If VT didn't debut it you never would have seen it the whole year and you would have been as prepared for it in November as you were in September, which is to say not at all.

OSU fans either seem to ignore what VT was last year or hype them up a bit to take the sting out of that loss but your QB and your OL, which magically seemed to work fine every other week of the season, wasn't the reason you lost that game, which is my point.

Sorry but you are wrong about our offensive line, it did not play well the first part of the season and the game plan that Foster came up with exploited that. I dont know why you are having such a hard time connecting the two. It's well documented that our OLine at the end of the year was one of the most improved units because of how bad they were early on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Virginia Tech is going to beat Ohio State by 49 points as Michael Brewer starts his Heisman campaign and eventual path to be the #1 draft pick, Frank Beamer goes undefeated this year and rides off to valhalla after beating the Vols in Bristol in 2016, Urban Meyer fakes another heart attack and rejoins ESPN in the booth.

E: gobble gobble, bitches
E2: 90 loving days until my prediction starts to come true, FYI.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

All this defense talk makes me remember how excited I am to see how Pruitt shapes up the D from last season. We improved by leaps and bounds from 3rd and Grantham, and a year in the system is going to help guys out with the playbook. With all the attention that the QB race is getting, defensive stuff has been quiet this offseason. I kinda want to see if Lorenzo Carter is as much of the truth as everyone is saying that he will be.

E: In a not totally unexpected move, Jacob Park, QB, is leaving UGA for destination unknown. With taking Lambert on a transfer, it was probably because someone knew Park was leaving.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 10, 2015

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Rad Valtar posted:

Sorry but you are wrong about our offensive line, it did not play well the first part of the season and the game plan that Foster came up with exploited that. I dont know why you are having such a hard time connecting the two. It's well documented that our OLine at the end of the year was one of the most improved units because of how bad they were early on.

It also helped quite a bit that we were able to sit in man coverage foreeeeever.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Nur_Neerg posted:

It also helped quite a bit that we were able to sit in man coverage foreeeeever.

That allowed you to bring pressure just about every play which just killed our OLine. If you go back and watch that game our interior linemen looked utterly confused on who to block. I have much respect for Foster for what he did in that game.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Rad Valtar posted:

Rushing ypc totals of less than 5 last year for OSU:

Navy(4.8)
VT(2.7)
PSU(3.8)
Oregon(4.9)

JT Barrett's QBR. Hmm, I'm struggling to find the inexperience in him.

I don't even want to do the sack and hurry numbers but I guarantee you there's a big heaping spike at the VT game and comparative nothingness surrounding it.

You got outsmarted and outplayed from the start, your oh so inexperienced offense showed little trouble pushing around nearly anyone else during the year and the troubles you had with PSU on a completely different D show that a healthy VT would have had success with their gameplan if they played OSU later in the season.

OSU lost because nobody saw that defense coming. For no other reason did that game play out the way it did. You guys were preseason top 5 last year let's not act like playing how you did in virtually anything but the VT game was something other than how it should have been(Cardale Jones aside, a healthy Barrett could still have won you the title).

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 10, 2015

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
I'll show you the D.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Crotch Bat posted:

Rushing ypc totals of less than 5 last year for OSU:

Navy(4.8)
VT(2.7)
PSU(3.8)
Oregon(4.9)

JT Barrett's QBR. Hmm, I'm struggling to find the inexperience in him.

I don't even want to do the sack and hurry numbers but I guarantee you there's a big heaping spike at the VT game and comparative nothingness surrounding it.

You got outsmarted and outplayed from the start, your oh so inexperienced offense showed little trouble pushing around nearly anyone else during the year and the troubles you had with PSU on a completely different D show that a healthy VT would have had success with their gameplan if they played OSU later in the season.

OSU lost because nobody saw that defense coming. For no other reason did that game play out the way it did. You guys were preseason top 5 last year let's not act like playing how you did in virtually anything but the VT game was something other than how it should have been(Cardale Jones aside, a healthy Barrett could still have won you the title).

I won't be fooled by your stats against lovely Big Ten teams.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i just want chuckie to be chuckie again, that's all i ask out of this season

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

KKKLIP ART posted:

All this defense talk makes me remember how excited I am to see how Pruitt shapes up the D from last season. We improved by leaps and bounds from 3rd and Grantham, and a year in the system is going to help guys out with the playbook. With all the attention that the QB race is getting, defensive stuff has been quiet this offseason. I kinda want to see if Lorenzo Carter is as much of the truth as everyone is saying that he will be.

E: In a not totally unexpected move, Jacob Park, QB, is leaving UGA for destination unknown. With taking Lambert on a transfer, it was probably because someone knew Park was leaving.

How will this affect Georgia's offense, specifically focusing on running the dang ball

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Declan MacManus posted:

How will this affect Georgia's offense, specifically focusing on running the dang ball

We all make fun of Brian Schottenheimer for very good reason, but Georgia seems like a pretty good place for him to be.

Assuming his playbook is at all compatible with college ball, which it might not be.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

John Park was a #5 pro-style dude. Bryce Ramsey was like a top 3 recruit in that regard. Schottenheimer must've been really really blunt right off the bat with how he sees these guys, especially bringing really mediocre Greyson Lambert in.

Also former Arizona and Texas quarterback Connor Brewer is transferring INTO UVA, which is a weird change of pace

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Also former Arizona and Texas quarterback Connor Brewer is transferring INTO UVA, which is a weird change of pace

Mike London is officially my favorite coach. They just had their prize 757 QB leave the team for like a week only to return once Lambert left for UGA(the 757 QB was 3rd on the depth chart and would have never seen the field) and now they're bringing in another QB.

It would be hilarious if Cutler left the team again and this is UVA football so fingers crossed.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Michigan State Rules

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia's QB situation is atrocious for how prestigious of a program it is but that's okay since they can win every game next year by running the dang ball.

In other news, North Dakota has narrowed its nicknames down to 15 contenders.
http://www.inforum.com/news/3763005-15-und-nickname-ideas-make-committees-cut

Reminder that they took their suggestions from the internet and for some reason published all the submissions that didn't make the first cut.
http://und.edu/nickname/non-consideration-list.pdf

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

Georgia's QB situation is atrocious

Says the Tech fan

(Miss u Reggie Ball <3 )

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Says the Tech fan

(Miss u Reggie Ball <3 )

We've got Justin Thomas for two more years, and his backup is no slouch, so I'm pretty happy with Tech's quarterback situation at the moment. :colbert:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pakled posted:

Georgia's QB situation is atrocious for how prestigious of a program it is but that's okay since they can win every game next year by running the dang ball.

Reminder that they took their suggestions from the internet and for some reason published all the submissions that didn't make the first cut.

give me Sundogs or keep the team nameless

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Grittybeard posted:

We all make fun of Brian Schottenheimer for very good reason, but Georgia seems like a pretty good place for him to be.

Assuming his playbook is at all compatible with college ball, which it might not be.

From what I remember his playbook is massive so that's probably not great but lots of checkdowns and screens as respite from running the dang ball is probably the way to go.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Frinkahedron posted:

Virginia Tech is going to beat Ohio State by 49 points as Michael Brewer starts his Heisman campaign and eventual path to be the #1 draft pick, Frank Beamer goes undefeated this year and rides off to valhalla after beating the Vols in Bristol in 2016, Urban Meyer fakes another heart attack and rejoins ESPN in the booth.

QTIYD

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

So very loving D

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Crotch Bat posted:

The point was you changed your game plan because you'd seen the D.

Who else thought he was talking to Andichu

pillsburysoldier posted:

That sounds like a pretty good UVA name

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

Park was #3 in the depth chart even though he totally had a gigantic canon for an arm. We saw a lot of pass plays during the G-Day game probably to see who could take care of the ball the most. Sure, you can just turn around and Chubb will get like 9 yards after contact, but sometimes you gotta gently caress it go deep. Chubb will totally be our featured back, but AJ Turman was looking great all spring too, so I could see him being Chubb's right hand man. Honestly, as long as whoever we put in the #1 QB spot can at least minimize their picks, I think we'll be ok because if there is one and only one thing that UGA will do pretty consistently, its run the dang ball.

Grittybeard posted:

Declan MacManus posted:

From what I remember his playbook is massive so that's probably not great but lots of checkdowns and screens as respite from running the dang ball is probably the way to go.

~*~*~WORD AROUND THE LOCKER ROOM~*~*~ says that Park had problems learning the playbook but that also seems like the type of "well we didn't want him anyway" scorned lover type of thinking. OTOH, Grantham was notorious for the insanely complicated defensive scheming right out of an NFL playbook and it didn't translate the greatest to a college level playbook, so if Shotty decides to keep things super complicated, maybe we run into the same problem with amazing talent but a playbook that we just can't execute. Personally, I think that he probably let the athletic department / Richt know that he was going to transfer after getting buried on the chart, maybe there was some inside the locker room communication that established a set starter, and with Jacob Eason coming for Spring next year (expected to compete for a starting job as a freshman), he wanted a chance to start somewhere else. Park has enough skill that he could probably play starter at a lot of schools, he took a redshirt last year so if he goes JUCO for a year, he'll have 3 to play wherever he lands. Some folks have him liked to Colorado State with Bobo, which I think could be a great move for him.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Frinkahedron posted:

I'm cool with most of this

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
lol if Colorado State keeps putting QBs in the NFL

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

On a lark I rewatched the ending of Georgia/Auburn '02. The Johnson catch we all remember, but it was nice to watch the defense be terrifying in the final minute. Grantham would've rushed 3 and had everyone else milling about. Swann would've gone to the concessions stand during a play or something.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

OTOH, Grantham was notorious for the insanely complicated defensive scheming right out of an NFL playbook and it didn't translate the greatest to a college level playbook, so if Shotty decides to keep things super complicated, maybe we run into the same problem with amazing talent but a playbook that we just can't execute.

Hope is that Richt would have more control over what's going on with the offense than he had with Grantham's defense, when he basically gave Big Head Todd the keys and told him to do whatever he wanted.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Pakled posted:

Very surprised that there were 0 roll tides in the suggestions.

There were plenty of racial slurs tho so I guess Alabama did get in on this :smug:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Hope is that Richt would have more control over what's going on with the offense than he had with Grantham's defense, when he basically gave Big Head Todd the keys and told him to do whatever he wanted.

I assume as much too. I'm pretty sure he has given Pruitt full control of our defense because he has proven he is a top flight college coach. I expect Richt is more of the general architect on the offense, at least initially. Bobo probably ran what he want that kept with Richts pro style, run heavy offensive mindset.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Remember when Richt called plays and the offense was real good?

I hate Richt but I wish he would do that again.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I don't know how you could say, especially the last 3 most recent seasons, that we were bad on offense.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

I don't know how you could say, especially the last 3 most recent seasons, that we were bad on offense.

Because I guarantee we're going to be bad on offense again.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This is a prevailing notion for a lot of Georgia fans, and I'll never understand it.

South Carolina 14, Georgia 9
Florida 24, Georgia 10
Boston College 20, Georgia 16

Georgia 13, South Carolina 7
Florida 20, Georgia 13

LSU 17, Georgia 10
Georgia 16, UAB 13 (seriously, what the hell.)
Florida 16, Georgia 13
LSU 34, Georgia 13

Georgia 13, Marshall 3 (the most offended I've ever been after a UGA win. just a brutal, sackless offensive performance.)
Auburn 24, Georgia 6

Georgia 23, Mississippi State 10 (and that was a terrible State team)
Florida 14, Georgia 10 (Shockley was out, but still.)
Georgia 14, Georgia Tech 7 (fun win, but still.)

Georgia 13, Colorado 13 (huh?)
Georgia 14, Ole Miss 9 (huh?)
Florida 21, Georgia 14

Bobo last year, when he was the WORST COACH EVAH, put up 45, 35, 66, 35, 44, 34, 45, 20, 63, 34, 55, and 24 (including two fumbles at the goal line). If Bobo's offense beat Marshall 13-3, someone would've torched his house. The Good Ol' Days when Richt called the plays consisted of running the ball with mediocre backs (go watch some '03 highlights again, it's a laff riot), playing to punt on second down, and hoping the defense could get stops and turnovers. Which they usually did, and we'd win. But a good offense it was not.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I hear what you are saying, but I don't think Richt will allow that to happen. Richt knows good offense, and I have faith that he'd get more involved if the signal calling went bad.

E:

This too. There are a lot of UGA fans that hated Bobo but thought Grantham was great. Bobo has been phenomenal, especially the last few seasons. Being willing to hang 50 on Clemson for the season opener was maybe my favorite Bobo moment ever.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 10, 2015

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

This too. There are a lot of UGA fans that hated Bobo but thought Grantham was great.

I'm glad that most of those fans scurried to their hidey-holes when Grantham went sour with the Ville last season. We're using the TE coach as OC, Mason gets a concussion, the playbook devolves into "run Chubb up the middle," and we still nuked Grantham's D in the bowl.

Grantham talks a good game. He goes all out sounding like the smartest guy in the room, a step ahead of the media and other teams. He's a manly man of manliness. He yells a lot. He's got a dude holding up a towel so no one can hijack his Super Secret Awesome Scheme. Some fans fell in love with that, because they're suckers. Bobo isn't quick with a quip and looks like a middle management nobody, but all he does is get results.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
We so quickly forget that right before richt stopped calling plays how much of the fan base thought he had gotten vanilla and kept calling the same stuff over and over.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe but I've also watched Schottenheimer work his magic in the NFL.

Y'all's problem is you have faith. I know what's going to happen.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I think Georgia fans, of all the SEC fans, might amuse me the most.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
So who is playing mizzou in the sec championship game this year? Bama?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
The only thing I have faith in is Georgia tripping over its own feet at least once a season but probably more.

• Locked thread