Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Phanatic posted:

Sports journalism is hard:

No, no, he's from Innsmouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MicrowavesMom
Feb 27, 2015

Are these boys really your friends?

Oh right yes hilarious I'm sure. I suppose this is from some show on HBO or whatever that "unironically owns" and we're all meant to know every loving reference and comment that was ever made about it. Well OK we're all ready for 2 pages of clever quotes from this poo poo show so have at it you sheep assholes. God I hate this place, the thread is full of pansitionses and manioches as it is and now we have to put up with some downloaded garbage celebrating the loving of the king's sister or whatever so we can say "oh aren't I funny cause I took a picdageuro of a television screen". Well thanks Mr John Logie Baird for the update, you obviously like blood and sheepskin and extramicale too much and like to cry like Bear Bryant at a sentindonial bbq when you sit and celebrate the masturbatory zenith of your subscription system. You're as bad as Evin Eubanks. You're as bad as the Roots are now. I wa

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

I think calling the knock off game of "Frustration", "Don't Torment Me" is a stroke of genius.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

MicrowavesMom posted:

Oh right yes hilarious I'm sure. I suppose this is from some show on HBO or whatever that "unironically owns" and we're all meant to know every loving reference and comment that was ever made about it. Well OK we're all ready for 2 pages of clever quotes from this poo poo show so have at it you sheep assholes. God I hate this place, the thread is full of pansitionses and manioches as it is and now we have to put up with some downloaded garbage celebrating the loving of the king's sister or whatever so we can say "oh aren't I funny cause I took a picdageuro of a television screen". Well thanks Mr John Logie Baird for the update, you obviously like blood and sheepskin and extramicale too much and like to cry like Bear Bryant at a sentindonial bbq when you sit and celebrate the masturbatory zenith of your subscription system. You're as bad as Evin Eubanks. You're as bad as the Roots are now. I wa

Sulla
May 10, 2008

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

MicrowavesMom posted:

How many confirmed kills have you got?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I liked the Frank Chu-esque inclusions, those are choice

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

spookygonk posted:

I think calling the knock off game of "Frustration", "Don't Torment Me" is a stroke of genius.

In the US we call the game "Trouble". It's one of my 8 year old's favorites.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MicrowavesMom posted:

Text goes in the meme thread.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Lord Sexatron posted:

Historical fighting games made me think of this Always Sunny beat em up, and how much I wish it were real.

TinTower posted:

Or, as normal people call it, a blanket.

A bunch of pages ago but this makes me laugh because the blanket model looks like ol' deadtooth from sunny.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

dreesemonkey posted:

A bunch of pages ago but this makes me laugh because the blanket model looks like ol' deadtooth from sunny.

Oh right yes hilarious I'm sure. I suppose this is from some show on FX or whatever that "unironically owns" and we're all meant to know every loving reference and comment that was ever made about it. Well OK we're all ready for 2 pages of clever quotes from this poo poo show so have at it you sheep assholes. God I hate this place, the thread is full of short bald men and no tripods as it is and now we have to put up with some downloaded garbage celebrating a bald man in a couch or whatever so we can say "oh aren't I funny cause I took a picdageuro of a television screen". Well thanks Mr Danny DeVito for the update, you obviously like pubs and Philadelphia and mockumentaries too much and

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Oh right yes hilarious I'm sure. I suppose this is from some show on FX or whatever that "unironically owns" and we're all meant to know every loving reference and comment that was ever made about it. Well OK we're all ready for 2 pages of clever quotes from this poo poo show so have at it you sheep assholes. God I hate this place, the thread is full of short bald men and no tripods as it is and now we have to put up with some downloaded garbage celebrating a bald man in a couch or whatever so we can say "oh aren't I funny cause I took a picdageuro of a television screen". Well thanks Mr Danny DeVito for the update, you obviously like pubs and Philadelphia and mockumentaries too much and

Bees?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

MicrowavesMom posted:

Do you have stairs in your house?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

central dogma posted:

Do you have stairs in your house?

And if he does, please throw yourself down them.

yes he is protected, I get it

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

please throw yourself down them.

That's what the robots are for, dingus.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Alabaster White posted:

Cockhorn Leghorn.

Foghorn Thirdleghorn

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Needs more "sentindonial".

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Beads

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

BEADS?!

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

You grow nothing, Jon Snow.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I have an old game informer somewhere at my parents that talks about MICROSOFTS MYSTERIOUS PROJECT X.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

it might look goofy now but that poo poo was NUTS at the time

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I love that they believed in the M2 enough to put it in the header. Did that thing even make it to launch?

No, it didn't.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Glottis posted:

The first time I saw a "blade" of grass in a game I cried.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

JEEVES420 posted:

The first time I saw a "blade" of grass in a game I cried.

Me too.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SLOSifl posted:

I love that they believed in the M2 enough to put it in the header. Did that thing even make it to launch?

No, it didn't.

It was close though. The hardware was apparently feature complete since Konami ended up using it as an arcade board for a short period and dev kits did go out. In the long run though it wouldn't have succeeded anyway unless it had an insanely killer game, since the original Playstation and N64 were sitting really strong on the market at the time.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Glottis posted:

Yeah and there was a time when people thought M Night Shyamalan could do no wrong, too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

He looks more like he's trying to be Indian Jeff Probst.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Holy poo poo. They included Signs as an indication of good things to come? The Sixth Sense was great. Unbreakable was pretty good. Signs was bad. There is an inverse relationship between how much Shayamalamadingong shoehorns himself into his own movies, and how good the movies are.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Centripetal Horse posted:

Holy poo poo. They included Signs as an indication of good things to come? The Sixth Sense was great. Unbreakable was pretty good. Signs was bad. There is an inverse relationship between how much Shayamalamadingong shoehorns himself into his own movies, and how good the movies are.

I liked Unbreakable too. Wanted to see the trilogy even.

Hmm, now I want to see Die Hard 3 for some reason.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Phanatic posted:

Sports journalism is hard:

I don't get what the big deal is.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

Signs is a pretty creepy horror movie.

The first Shyamalan movie with real serious issues was Lady In The Water. That's where he cast himself as the Important Character and killed off an antagonistic critic.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Also there's no depth to his story telling ability because every movie is the same formula in the same genre, so there's that.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

dialhforhero posted:

Also there's no depth to his story telling ability because every movie is the same formula in the same genre, so there's that.

Hey now, don't forget he also made The Last Airbender movie that everyone would like to forget exists. Shyamalan is perfectly cable of being a terrible director of multiple genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:
People still say Shyamalamadingdong? God drat

• Locked thread