Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
People not doing their due diligence when it comes to the areas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Latest ep was a classic, all the stuff about young Seth terrorising a vietnam vet was amazing.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I only just found out that periscope wasn't one of seth's bits and is real.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

You still talk to Rob!? gently caress yes!

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Anyone here going to the Seattle show?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Lmao, I just got to 154 where 15 year old Jah was all pumped to go to the MC Hammer concert with this older girl he desperately wanted to bone, then there was a stabbing or shooting or something at one the week before and his parents flipped out. He pitched such a fit that Papa Larroquette floated the idea of a bodyguard chaperoning, which even teenage Jah realized was whack and backed down. Seth sounds like he's in tears.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Lmao, I just got to 154 where 15 year old Jah was all pumped to go to the MC Hammer concert with this older girl he desperately wanted to bone, then there was a stabbing or shooting or something at one the week before and his parents flipped out. He pitched such a fit that Papa Larroquette floated the idea of a bodyguard chaperoning, which even teenage Jah realized was whack and backed down. Seth sounds like he's in tears.

My favorite part of that story is the end where he gives her the tickets to go by herself and on the night of the concert he sneaks into her apartment and expects her to come home and make love to him and instead she comes home with another dude she took to the concert instead and Jah apologizes and shows him self out.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

No that was the blues traveler show. That one his dad wouldn't let him go because he got busted going 80 with a bunch of weed and 3 grand and a 3 foot bong in his car on the PCH.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Biodome posted:

My favorite part of that story is the end where he gives her the tickets to go by herself and on the night of the concert he sneaks into her apartment and expects her to come home and make love to him and instead she comes home with another dude she took to the concert instead and Jah apologizes and shows him self out.

Is that the same time? I remember that part from a while back (somewhere in the early 100s?) as a stand-alone story, can't remember if it was Hammer or another artist, although that would make sense. Also that he was high as gently caress when he snuck into her house (ecstasy, maybe?) and was tripping balls during the entire interaction.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Jah getting arrested is somewhere in the 90s or 100s I believe. He wanted to go to blues traveler, wasn't allowed to, took ecstasy and then went over to the girl's house and sat cross legged on her black satin sheets with his muddy feet from walking through a field to get there.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q8r0ZmeNTs

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
Definitely going to Seattle show

It will be my second time seeing them here.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Listening to ep 283 where Jonathan flips out about some dude who sprayed down and ATM in front of him and took photos of all the receipts left at the machine. I need some resolution, what was that guy doing?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

YANSEE posted:

Listening to ep 283 where Jonathan flips out about some dude who sprayed down and ATM in front of him and took photos of all the receipts left at the machine. I need some resolution, what was that guy doing?

cleaning the machine and taking pictures of the finished job for his boss

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Taking photos of ll the receipts sounds like PI on a divorce case tracking down assets but spraying down the machine sounds like its being used to beam Jesus' thoughts into someone's head.

So the answer probably lies in the middle: Scientology.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I figured. Jonathan seemed irrationally angry about it, even for him.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

YANSEE posted:

I figured. Jonathan seemed irrationally angry about it, even for him.

THIS IS THE TYPE OF poo poo THAT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO DO THE SHOW WITH YOU!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Tbf Jonathan was 100% right

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

mcvey posted:

About the adopted children thing too

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Yeah listening to that segment again it's actually one of his clearest arguments.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

UP AND ADAM posted:

About the adopted children thing too

And the proportion of blacks with down syndrome.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Brock Samson posted:

And the proportion of blacks with down syndrome.

"I know, it's sad."

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
460 up!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

mcvey posted:

Seth only knows about and understand a very tiny part of the world....DVR usage

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Does any one else use itunes? For some reason UYD never shows up in my recent episodes tab (but every other podcast does). Looking at the recent episose it says it was uploaded on the 4th of june but then shows up today which is the 10th?

No other podcasts seem to work like this?

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagining bill burr in the dance. Very happy about that

Dr. Wright
Dec 26, 2005

Jippa posted:

Does any one else use itunes? For some reason UYD never shows up in my recent episodes tab (but every other podcast does). Looking at the recent episose it says it was uploaded on the 4th of june but then shows up today which is the 10th?

No other podcasts seem to work like this?

They backdate the episodes, so the date they're actually uploaded never corresponds to the date on itunes.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Yeah the date on the file is when they recorded but then it takes johnathan at least a week to edit and upload it.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

CaptainJuan posted:

Imagining bill burr in the dance. Very happy about that

Imagining Seth going deep undercover with the geek squad for a month to prepare for his role :laugh:

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
I haven't listened to 460 yet, did they announce this show I stumbled upon?

http://www.boweryboston.com/event/875729-uhh-yeah-dude-live-boston/

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

bvoid posted:

I haven't listened to 460 yet, did they announce this show I stumbled upon?

http://www.boweryboston.com/event/875729-uhh-yeah-dude-live-boston/

yes. in 460. Maybe earlier as well.

so has anyone found the Maron trailer that features Clavin?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One page back dawg

https://www.facebook.com/IFCMaron/videos/507852076030241/

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

if you haven't treated yourself to the DJ MOVIE trailer that got a brief mention, it's pretty incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZzAeYWXFpk

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I just kept imagining seth nodding and saying "yep" as I read these stories:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/10/alton-towers-victim-alive-life-support-leah-washington

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2015/jun/11/alton-towers-ride-evacuated-technical-delay-panicked-customer-octonauts-rollercoaster

Jippa fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 12, 2015

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

The second one: definitely. The first, not so much

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
it's the same story in both links? :confused:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is it hosed up I'm contemplating going to both NYC shows?

Edit: already have tickets to the early one.

ohreally
Feb 22, 2015
I'm going to both. I figure they won't be back this way for about a year so it's worth it.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Try to make it through this Sci-Ti video without running, screaming, or pointing.

atomicthumbs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKGp2nv67tI

the part that gets me about this one is the audience reactions. listen to the timing, and the kinds of noises the audience makes. they have no idea what they're supposed to be applauding, cheering for, gasping at, or laughing at, and the only way they can tell when to is when the Captain pauses in anticipation and waits for them to catch on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Help me, I'm Na'vi - The story of UYD