Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Pavlov posted:

Ok Almond first question, because I'm not drawing all this into google translate:

What is this ability and why does it want me to use caps lock?

The MMO HMO > General Chinagames: What is this ability and why does it want me to use caps lock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Eonwe posted:

so we're all going to play this game when it comes out

RIP us

Oh please there was no doubt of this.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Haquer posted:

See you in 3+ years!

:smith:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Do you miss our retarded arguments Haro

do you?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haquer posted:

The MMO HMO > General Chinagames: What is this ability and why does it want me to use caps lock?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Haquer posted:

Do you miss our retarded arguments Haro

do you?

I used to legit get you two confused because of the dumb poo poo you two say

It is simple now

Haro has the asian waifu who controls his balls
Haq is the guy Ilwrath would describe as roid raging all the time

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Third World Reggin posted:

It is simple now

I think the thing I probably yelled most in TS/Mumble was "how the gently caress are you dying this game is so loving easy"

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

It is simple now

I can't argue with this. My wedding is in August. It's Sailor Moon themed. I don't even like Sailor Moon.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 10, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

I can't argue with this. My wedding is in August. It's Sailor Moon themed. I don't even like Sailor Moon.

Your life is art in motion

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Haquer posted:

Your life is art in motion

Like that guy who put a crucifix in a cup of piss.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I will need photos of your wedding for the future

Please have photos

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

I will need photos of your wedding for the future

Please have photos

I assure you there will be. Professional photos. Expensive professional photos, that I partially pay for.

Six hour open bar though. Got that going for me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Picutred here, haroshia

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Picutred here, haroshia

God I wish I looked like Freddie Mercury.

Unfortunately no I'm going to be dressed up in a tailcoat with a lovely tophat and a mask saying my vows in front of my normie family. Our invites said costumes encouraged, so I expect them to be in some random poo poo from Party City or something.

Basically it's going to be awesome. BUT this thread is about kungfu games. Let's talk about kungfu, and how Moonlight Blade is going to be the next Z ONLINE that we'll NEVER FALL FOR AGAIN.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

weddings are pretty much kung fu games

more so if you karate chop the man of honor

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
tuxedo mask is secretly a drunken master

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

BUT this thread is about kungfu games. Let's talk about kungfu, and how Moonlight Blade is going to be the next Z ONLINE that we'll NEVER FALL FOR AGAIN.

You should've convinced her to do an AoW style wedding, complete with assholes smashing up the tables

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Ok Almond first question, because I'm not drawing all this into google translate:

What is this ability and why does it want me to use caps lock?

SLOW MOTION. I THINK THIS WAS A THING IN DMC RIGHT?

CAPS LOCK WILL ALWAYS TOGGLE IT, BUT YOU CAN ALSO DRAG THE SKILL TO YOUR ATTACK BAR AND USE WHATEVER KEY YOU CHOOSE

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
OH ALSO I GUESS I LIED, THAT SLOW-MOTION THING CONSUMES A TYPE OF MP

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

christ

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Haroshia posted:

I assure you there will be. Professional photos. Expensive professional photos, that I partially pay for.

Six hour open bar though. Got that going for me.

I demand either an invite or enough info that I can crash it with a bunch of clowns.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Thank you all for reminding me of this

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Haroshia posted:

I'll come as Master Roshi.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I'll come as Master Roshi.

I'll be the guy who is his brother in a suit of armour

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Hey Almond, is there a trick to meditating in front of your master? I idled there meditating with everyone else but I don't think it got me anything.

Edit: Oh I guess your points tick down from 50 instead of up from 0, nevermind.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 11, 2015

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Almond there is a rabbit on my map. What does the rabbit do Almond?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

pavlov this may help you since you seem to have issues

https://support.google.com/translate/answer/6142483?hl=en
https://support.google.com/translate/answer/6142478?hl=en
https://support.google.com/translate/answer/6142469?hl=en

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i remember how loving confusing the tooltips and mechanics were with a "professional" english translation

i cant imagine trying to understand with google translate

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i never tried to figure things out in wushu myself

i either asked in guild chat over and over till i got an answer or someone figured it out or i just made fun of how opaque a lot of the mechanics were

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Eonwe posted:

i remember how loving confusing the tooltips and mechanics were with a "professional" english translation

i cant imagine trying to understand with google translate

Really not sure why anyone would play a game that they can't read, but :shrug:

E: then again we all DID play wushu so

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is me playing a game where I don't understand the language

but most important poo poo is color coded or in english

google translate is pretty easy but chrome's autotranslate and the google translate webpage use two different databases for translating

you start learning how chinese characters are written, see the same poo poo over and over, and it gets pretty easy to write things over time

or you can keep posting poo poo in the thread to show how inept you are at doing something

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im very inept

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Almond Crunch posted:

Please give me questions to investigate.

I'm sorry Almond, Reggin has instated a no questions zone. I guess I'll have to go back to ms-painting blocks of characters into google translate for every possible thing.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I'm slowly learning japanese but I'm definitely not going to dive into anything like an MMO with the very basic knowledge I have

I mean, I played PSO2 but a lot of nerds over the world translate the game and made an amazing English patch for it so that didn't really count

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Eh you don't need to know any japanese to play gundam online. You'll save some time but there is only a single part you need any skill to understand and if you don't know any you can just look at a chart for the rest.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Almond there is a rabbit on my map. What does the rabbit do Almond?

Its a quest for lvl 40+. Apparently it's trivia? haha, it says something like "having found the event location, inside the city(manor it looks like in this case) will appear 10 jianghu dudes, (a character i cant be bothered to look up) if you answer their questions you can get mad rewards, 40-th level and up dudes (大侠) can participate. Note: after one of these dudes is discovered, another will pop up. Each dude can only be asked by 25 players each day, and each player can only ask 50 dudes each day. "

So it seems like literally the least fun thing in the world for you if you cant read the questions. BUT i could be totally wrong because '问题' while usually meaning question, can also mean 'problem', so maybe the guy there will give you a quest. The text does say '回答' which is unambiguously 'answer', so it's probably trivia though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Haquer posted:

I'm slowly learning japanese but I'm definitely not going to dive into anything like an MMO with the very basic knowledge I have

I mean, I played PSO2 but a lot of nerds over the world translate the game and made an amazing English patch for it so that didn't really count

I recommend MMOs as a language-learning tool. So long as you can be bothered to write down what you don't know and go look it up / discuss the wonky grammar with a teacher.

Also, there's enough overlap between kanji and hanzi that you can get the gist of chinese text, no?