Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

MaxxBot posted:

The "hulking brutes" were like 14 years old, I thought conservatives were supposed to be manly tough guys, not terrified of children.

Cops are wimps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Another conservative TV personality has admitted to be molested.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/duck-dynastys-jep-robertson-reveals-801444?facebook_20150609

quote:

Duck Dynasty reality star Jep Robertson revealed that he was sexually molested as an adolescent.

In an interview with ET Online, Robertson said he was six when a female high school student began sexually molesting him on the school bus.

"I was 6, and it was on a school bus and it was an older girl," Robertson said. "Back then the high school students would ride on the same bus as the grade school. There was this girl there that was just real mean ... I don't know, but it was a lot of things [that] took place — scary stuff. It was tough."

Robertson and his wife, Jessica Robertson, co-wrote a book, The Good, the Bad, and the Grace of God: What Honesty and Pain Taught Us About Faith, Family, and Forgiveness, set for release June 23 in which he describes the incidents that took place.

"An older girl started sitting next to me. She seemed sweet at first. She'd come sit beside me, like a motherly figure almost. I remember her being sweet and taking care of me. I liked to sit in the back so she'd come sit with me," Robertson wrote in the book.

"After a while the girl started doing strange things. She'd take my hands and push them up under her shirt and tell me I was tickling her. Then she started making me pull down my pants. It was awkward. I didn't know what was going on, but I knew something wasn't right," the story continues in the book.

Jep said that he didn't want to go to school and "had a lot of absences" in response to being touched. "My mom always thought I was sick and there was definitely other reasons I didn't want to go to school. I think for a while I just tried to bury it so deep that I kind of forgot about it for a while. I think God put that on me for meeting someone like [my wife] Jessica who went through some hard times herself, and I think it made our relationship stronger once we talked about it."

The 37-year-old said that he couldn't discuss the molestations with his parents because he was embarrassed.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Goatman Sacks posted:

Good lord Mark Levin was going for the gold medal in dogwhistle racism today. He said the officer drew his gun because two, and I quote, "Hulking brutes" were closing in on him. You could hear through the radio that he really wanted to say "giant buck n------".

Yeah, he's a pretty big racist. On his Friday show he was really close to making actual ching chong noises when saying the name of the Chinese foreign minister, and then complained that "nobody's named John Smith anymore, so I don't know how to pronounce these names." This is a man who claims he does research for his shows, but apparently can't be bothered to learn the names of people he's babbling about. He doesn't prepare for his shows, and you can tell by the way he stumbles through reading news stories he rips and reads from Drudge or Red State.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 10, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Can't wait to see how Fox blames liberals for this.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

big mean giraffe posted:

"Nobody will be as offended about a boy being abused by a woman as they are by girls being abused by men. So much for feminism and gender equality!"

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

big mean giraffe posted:

This is going to blow up in the manosphere big time.

(But seriously, it sucks that that guy was molested as a kid. :( )

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Knight posted:

I wonder how many decades of damage control it's going to take before Muslims vote R again in any significant numbers.

Probably need to go out to centuries for a realistic scale.

It's incredibly difficult to figure out what conservatives' values really are because they change on a whim depending on the scenario and current atmospheric pressure. For example, the Norquist Blood Pact being at odds with Norquist being a secret ISIS member because of his wife.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Phone posted:

Probably need to go out to centuries for a realistic scale.

It's incredibly difficult to figure out what conservatives' values really are because they change on a whim depending on the scenario and current atmospheric pressure. For example, the Norquist Blood Pact being at odds with Norquist being a secret ISIS member because of his wife.

Norquist being a sleeper agent for the rising caliphate is literally just Glenn Beck being a huge Islamophobic racist. I think even the NRA told Glenn Beck to get hosed on that front. It's not something that has traction anywhere.

You're right that they're reactionaries, though.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

drat, wouldnt surprise me. whats he say in the clip?

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Defending the cop of course. The larger point though is that Fox, and this case Kelly, are somewhat...selective in who's background they're interested in.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Defending the cop of course. The larger point though is that Fox, and this case Kelly, are somewhat...selective in who's background they're interested in.

he loving threw a young girl to the ground and pulled a gun on bunch of unarmed teenage girls and boys. how the gently caress do they justify that.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he loving threw a young girl to the ground and pulled a gun on bunch of unarmed teenage girls and boys. how the gently caress do they justify that.

Darkies

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

He and his festive grass thank you.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Oh Megyn....even the police chief said the guy was completely unhinged & out of control.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

This is not about race.

#myhood

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

beatlegs posted:

Oh Megyn....even the police chief said the guy was completely unhinged & out of control.
You're talking about Megyn "Pedo Defender" Kelly

She's sold her soul. Might well get the full cash value, I guess.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

"LOOK AT ME. LOOK AT MEEEEEE. BUY MY BOOK. LOOK AT ME!"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Deep Hurting posted:

Well yeah he's promoting a book. But also gently caress you

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Deep Hurting posted:

Dude, he's talking about having been molested as a child. Making fun of that is seriously not okay.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

MaxxBot posted:

The "hulking brutes" were like 14 years old, I thought conservatives were supposed to be manly tough guys, not terrified of children.

Reminder, Miami Garden PD have police reports for toddlers/babies.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Black boys are thought of as being older and less innocent than white boys.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Deep Hurting posted:

Dude, really?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Deep Hurting posted:

Holy hell, dude.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
Yeah, that was definitely in poor taste. I apologize.

It does, however, seem awfully convenient that he's bringing this up at the exact same time another member of the Right Wing Reality Television family is under attack for sheltering a child molester – almost as if this was fast-tracked to either exploit the "buzz" around the topic (of child molestation), and/or blunt the criticism–both of which would be profoundly disgusting, and neither of which seems all that unlikely.

It's only touched on a bit in the linked article, but I also overheard him taking the opportunity to more or less declare solidarity with the Duggars, and complain about the media's treatment of them, citing the reaction to his (father's? grandpa's? I don't remember how exactly they're related) various horribly racist and violently homophobic public rants. Considering his own experiences, I just can't wrap my head around that. Like, after what you've been through, you're siding with the child molester and the parents whose willful negligence allowed his molesting to continue, instead of their critics?? :raise:

It's not my place to say whether or not there are better ways for him to deal with this that don't involve a public spectacle and yet another cheap opportunity to hock landfiller with his face on it. But even if putting it out there publicly were the best way for him to cope, and something from which audiences might benefit as well, NOW seems like just about the worst timing possible, like if a Fox affiliate's response to 9/11 had been to take advantage of all the talk about the World Trade Center by purposefully rebroadcasting The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson immediately upon resumption of regular programming.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 10, 2015

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Deep Hurting posted:

It does, however, seem awfully convenient that he's bringing this up at the exact same time another member of the Right Wing Reality Television family is under attack for sheltering a child molester almost as if this was fast-tracked to either exploit the "buzz" around the topic (of child molestation), and/or blunt the criticism both of which would be profoundly disgusting, and neither of which seems all that unlikely.

It's only touched on a bit in the linked article, but I also overheard him taking the opportunity to more or less declare solidarity with the Duggars, and complain about the media's treatment of them, citing the reaction to his (father's? grandpa's? I don't remember how exactly they're related) various horribly racist and violently homophobic public rants. Considering his own experiences, I just can't wrap my head around that. Like, after what you've been through, you're siding with the child molester and the parents whose willful negligence allowed his molesting to continue, instead of their critics?? :raise:

It's not my place to say whether or not there are better ways for him to deal with this that don't involve a public spectacle and yet another cheap opportunity to hock landfiller with his face on it. But even if putting it out there publicly were the best way for him to cope, and something from which audiences might benefit as well, NOW seems like just about the worst timing possible, like if a Fox affiliate's response to 9/11 had been to take advantage of all the talk about the World Trade Center by purposefully rebroadcasting The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson immediately upon resumption of regular programming.

Just like all those bandwagon attention whores crying rape against Bill Cosby after the first lady got on TV. What's their REAL motive?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Deep Hurting posted:

It does, however, seem awfully convenient that he's bringing this up at the exact same time another member of the Right Wing Reality Television family is under attack for sheltering a child molester – almost as if this was fast-tracked to either exploit the "buzz" around the topic (of child molestation), and/or blunt the criticism–both of which would be profoundly disgusting, and neither of which seems all that unlikely.

You're a crazy person.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Liberal children get raped like this..

*audible nervous gasps*

But conservative children.. get raped like this!

*roaring laughter and applause*

And what's the deal with Fox News?

*cue slap bass over credits*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What prevents child abuse from being a capital crime?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Nonsense posted:

The death penalty is really stupid and broadening it is dumb.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obdicut posted:

The death penalty is really stupid and broadening it is dumb.

It's going absolutely no where though. I agree it has been abused, but people are really in favor of it.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Child abuse is really messed up, I propose state-sanctioned murder for offenders.

How the hell is that a rational thought?

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme

Nonsense posted:

Kennedy v Louisiana

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The evil must be exterminated.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Woo football! Woo! Let's go beat some turkeys and spray paint 'em to celebrate!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

When did Frankenstine's monster become morbidly obese and grow two additional chins?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Von Sloneker posted:

He and his festive grass thank you.

I want this guy to become the next Cliven Bundy.

"I'm just trying to defend my neighborhood. Thank god for the police showing up in time. Now let me tell you how all gays are pedophiles..."

He's how I picture Foxnews and Freep posters.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

twistedmentat posted:

I want this guy to become the next Cliven Bundy.

"I'm just trying to defend my neighborhood. Thank god for the police showing up in time. Now let me tell you how all gays are pedophiles..."

He's how I picture Foxnews and Freep posters.

FOX pundit searches

Except for the part where he's interrupted

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Nonsense posted:

It's going absolutely no where though. I agree it has been abused, but people are really in favor of it.

Nebraska just outlawed it, so it kinda is going somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Azuth0667 posted:

When did Frankenstine's monster become morbidly obese and grow two additional chins?

And a neckbeard.