Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Zombieism is a metaphor for capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Just get some brain tumor cell lines running and grow some brain in a petri dish. Endless, ethical brain.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

dik-dik posted:

Just get some brain tumor cell lines running and grow some brain in a petri dish. Endless, ethical brain.

That just doesn't taste the same as the Free-Range Brains! Also you get very boring Brain-visions from petri dish.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dik-dik posted:

"It tastes like sadness."

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Blaine infects everyone up to the president and starts a war with china or mexico for brains

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angela Christine posted:

That's my guess too. Either on purpose because you can torture a zombie a lot longer than a regular person, or by hilarious accident because they don't realize how contagious it is. Punch a guy until your knuckles are bloody and you might just transfer enough blood for conversion.

Since we're in full HIV-metaphor mode: there's at least one known case of someone acquiring AIDS through excessively zealous gaybashing in exactly the manner you descrobe.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Angela Christine posted:

That would never work. A zombie seems to need about a brain a week. Call it 50 brains a year. That means the farms will need at least 50 women of childbearing age to make up for the consumption of a single zombie, but probably closer to 100 because very young and very old breeders are irregular. You can't really use in vitro to speed that up much, because while you can get more babies per birth the babies are smaller with smaller brains, and it takes the mother longer to recover between pregnancies. You also have to be raising the next generation of breeders. 100 humans per zombie is probably not enough, but whatever.

For 6 billion zombies you would need at least 600 billion living humans on farms, mostly women under 50 years of age. We can't possibly feed that many humans with current technology.

Realistically we probably can't have more than 50 million zombies worldwide before population collapse is certain. 50 million zombies wouldn't be enough to safely contain the 5 billion+ on farms and still have any sort of normal life themselves.

The poor zombies can eat cow brains.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Pan Dulce posted:

Another episode of Major completely getting boned by life. Seriously, episode 13 is either going to have him guns blazing FINALLY saving the loving day and taking Liv by the arms in a glorious moment of devil-may-care, "I still love you," nonsense, or he's going to die and get turned into a zombie.
I somehow think he wanted to get caught, it's part of his plan (apart from Liv's brother turning up). He was listening to that self help tape, something about "Diving right in..."? So, get beaten a bit, finally take them to where the brains are, pop out the guns... He did buy that grenade, right? Right?

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Good point, I hadn't considered that it might have just been a straight up suicide bomber mission. I figured the "if you're watching this I'm dead" video was for if things went wrong, not if they went right. But given Major's current state, a suicide bombing would be totally in character.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I knew someone would sperg out.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Cactus posted:

I knew someone would sperg out.

hmm?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Add more Canadian character actors! Also from that little conversation it sounds like Max Rager is purposefully trying to make zombies.

Edit: Aaand my CW feed has completely died.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 10, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

muscles like this? posted:

Add more Canadian character actors! Also from that little conversation it sounds like Max Rager is purposefully trying to make zombies.

Edit: Aaand my CW feed has completely died.

DirectTv for life. :smugdog:

Disinfecting that kitchen for zombism must have been a bitch.

Such is the cycle of life, first you're alive, then you're undead, then alive again, then finally dead again. Is the cure deadly then the disease if it cures undeath?

Also, I hope we eventually lay off this brain of the week for an episode or two so we can spend some time with the "original" Liv.

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 10, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh god here we go

Holy gently caress he actually did it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
The great Canadian weakness strikes again, politeness. :negative:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Make him a zombie god drat it Liv

OH poo poo

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

The universe officially hates Liv.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

When they stick the landing next week this'll be one of the coolest 13-episode runs in recent memory. Propulsive story, cracking dialogue, an original and interesting take on the zombie mythos, man it may not be deep but this thing has hummed along.
For once you didn't exaggerate.

GodDAMN that was a finale.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Klaus88 posted:

The universe officially hates Liv.

Major going on his rampage was awesome :black101: I am also glad he called Liv out on her poo poo.

gently caress you Liv. Way to gently caress over all of humanity.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Jesus gently caress that ending. Why can't we have nice things?

Really hoping it's a fakeout and she explains she has some kind of awful bloodborn disease instead of having her tear the family apart without being able to explain herself.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 10, 2015

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Shes a necrophiliac and got aids from a corpse at the morgue

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

bamhand posted:

Really hoping it's a fakeout and she explains she has some kind of awful bloodborn disease instead of having her tear the family apart without being able to explain herself.

Didn't Liv's mom mention that she donated blood to her brother before? So yeah it's pretty much tell everyone she's a zombie or turn her brother into one. Fun times ahead in season 2

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Didn't Liv's mom mention that she donated blood to her brother before? So yeah it's pretty much tell everyone she's a zombie or turn her brother into one. Fun times ahead in season 2

The first line of S2:

"Sorry, Mom. I just found out I have HIV."

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

How did Major escape from the room? Did he seriously light clothes on fire, and then have the bad guy slip in his urine?

That's insane. I love this show so much.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

How did Major escape from the room? Did he seriously light clothes on fire, and then have the bad guy slip in his urine?

That's insane. I love this show so much.

He lit the runaway's body on fire. The kind of kid that he looked after in his job.

Yeah.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LOL, they ran a Red Bull ad during this week's episode.

Red Bull gives you wings (and maybe turns you into a vampire or whatev)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This was a great finale for a good first season. This is a show I can recommend.
It felt so good, that Major finally managed to have his moment. "Try walking away from this." The musical underscore was fun as well.
And I like the fact that he does not immediately forgive Liv.

I am really impressed by his development. I said it before, but in the first episode I was all set on hating him. He is the best character on the show by now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Air is lava! posted:

This was a great finale for a good first season. This is a show I can recommend.
It felt so good, that Major finally managed to have his moment. "Try walking away from this." The musical underscore was fun as well.
And I like the fact that he does not immediately forgive Liv.

I am really impressed by his development. I said it before, but in the first episode I was all set on hating him. He is the best character on the show by now.

On top of not instantly forgiving Liv, I loved that he walked in the back door and blasted those zombies rather than follow them into the butcher area and get ambushed.

Major owns now. Life has poo poo on him, but he's not gonna take it anymore :clint:

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Major finally getting his time to shine was awesome. Liv using the zombie antidote on Blaine was really stupid though, especially since she injected major with it too anyways.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
What a great loving finale. This show owns, but it's also kind of sad. You could just hear Liv's heart getting trampled in that final scene. :(

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
80's music and a one man rampage is giving me serious Hotline Miami flashbacks.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I fully support this trend of off brand action sequence music.:black101: (in the sense of using music you don't expect for action sequence music, not that 80s music is off brand)

Now that we've tortured Major into an interesting character, whats next?

Hunt for Blaine's zombie brain customers?

Reveal of zombies as a public health threat with an inadequate federal response? (similar to how HIV was actually treated by the feds.)

An explanation for how CW has officially become the licensed comic show network?

I can't wait to see. :allears:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Excellent ending. I didn't immediately write off Major at the beginning of the series, but I'm still excited they made him into more than Liv's heartthrob Ex that shows up every now and then to cause romantic upheavals.

I know it won't happen, but what if this is where Liv reveals zombies are an actual thing to the medical community? It could make for an interesting season two opening arc. Imagine how it could be used medically, if the cure is stable. Fatally wounded? Try out our two step life saving procedure! Just spend a day locked up with a severe craving for brains, get an injection, and you're right as rain! Never mind the handful of trucks carrying the medicine that got hijacked nationwide, one of which conveniently happened right here in Seattle.

That sounds too much like Umbrella Corp., never mind.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Rob Thomas did an interview with Hitfix where he very much hints that Blaine and Major are going to experience some serious side effects from the cure.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
This show is so good.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't quite understand what the police captain was doing, he shot himself in the leg and then blew up the building, was he planning on running away before the explosion, or is his plan to escape from the morgue while everyone thinks he is dead?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
In Sepinwall's interview with Rob Thomas, he said they wrote, but eventually had to omit, a bunch of scenes showing that Suzuki used to be a good cop, and that he hated what his life had become.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Argue posted:

In Sepinwall's interview with Rob Thomas, he said they wrote, but eventually had to omit, a bunch of scenes showing that Suzuki used to be a good cop, and that he hated what his life had become.

They showed a couple scenes of it through the season, and actually what I assumed was his purpose. Glad to hear I wasn't off like I usually am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm not all caught up but I've been recording this. Great show. My favorite bits have been getting excited when Veronica Mars people show up. Cliff just came back and im super pumped.

• Locked thread