Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Can they keep it going for eighty is the question

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
A Sandow field goal in a loss would cap this off nicely.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

The gently caress is going on in this game. I thought the Eels had it sewn up and then the Cowboys happened. Jesus.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Don't get me wrong, this is exactly what I was hoping for. I may not like the cowboys, but as a long time Parramatta resident I like them even less. This is awesome.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Eels gonna lose by 30

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
L O L Parra.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mannah decided he didn't want to be a part of this anymore.

At least somebody finally beat that record the tigers had against them at Parramatta stadium of five tries in 13 minutes...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've got more than a couple of Parramatta fans on my Facebook on suicide watch

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

loving lol parra

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

loving lol Thurston and Hindmarsh giving each other poo poo about never winning a premiership.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

loving lol Thurston and Hindmarsh giving each other poo poo about never winning a premiership.

Thurston won one with the Bulldogs, that was the joke. Tallis, Johns & Fletcher give Hindy poo poo every week about it.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 8, 2015

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Thurston won one with the Bulldogs, that was the joke. Tallis, Johns & Fletcher give Hindy poo poo every week about it.

Yeah I was more surprised by it going both ways for that exact reason.

heladocasero
Jul 27, 2010
Wanted to check in - gently caress the refs, gently caress the dogs, lol Eels.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

NSW dropped Fifita for Gallen, who I don't think is fully fit yet judging by the game on Sunday. Jackson gets pushed out of lock onto the bench. Morris comes in for Tupou.

Sure am glad they've stuck with Hodkinson over Blake Austin, and Hopoate over literally anyone else in the universe

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Only reason we have a chance game two is that Cronk is out

we'll probably lose the series though

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I'm having my mate from Bondi over to watch Origin 2, luckily he's a doctor and knows how much beer is too much I hope

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I don't think it's possible to drink enough beer to cause a problem; it's only when you start on the heavy spirits and cleaning fluids to try to get the sounds of cheering Queenslanders out of your head that you might have some trouble.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
You make a good point. Best hide the whiskey beforehand, then.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you really don't like yourself you time your drinks so you start sobering up when the blues start losing

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'd expect that level of self-loathing and suicidal behaviour from a Tigers supporter - are you joining our death cult?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
No but as it happens my friend--who, I repeat, grew up in Bondi--is very much a Tigers supporter. On purpose.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I sure wish my team didn't suck so much

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

cpaf posted:

NSW dropped Fifita for Gallen, who I don't think is fully fit yet judging by the game on Sunday.

He's going to need a metric fuckton of horse steroids in the next eight days.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

No but as it happens my friend--who, I repeat, grew up in Bondi--is very much a Tigers supporter. On purpose.

Good to see the stereotype of Bondi kids being drug hosed morons is completely accurate.

I can say this as a North Sydney schoolkid who wore orange and black every mufti day :suicide:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

With Cronk out, first choice is the Maroons run with Morgan at 6 and JT at 7, second choice is they run Hunt at 7 and JT at 6, third choice is DCE rises out of this backflip nonsense and kills it at rep for once. Last choice is they run DCE at 7 like last year and he shits the bed.

Naturally, it's gonna be the last choice

Thinking fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 10, 2015

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
First choice could actually work quite well considering Morgan and JT combine there at club level.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't use the Cowboys connection considering how well they've been performing together. DCE being chosen is great news for the Blues - hell, he might have a great game, but he's consistently been the weak link every time he's been picked so far so it's about the best thing that could have happened for us. Hopefully a few more of the Melbourne Crew pick up some injuries in the next week to help us out more; we really need it :D

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Although I think it's mostly because Meninga is committed to the loyalty angle when it comes to picking teams, Morgan is also nursing an ankle injury that needs end of season surgery.

Still reckon Hunt deserves a spot over DCE, he really steps up every time he plays rep

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
I'm not much of a DCE fan, but haven't most of his past failures been when he's come in at the last minute or otherwise unexpectedly during games? Now that he's got the whole week and a half preparation time in that position he could actually do something worthwhile for a change.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Saul Goode posted:

I'm not much of a DCE fan, but haven't most of his past failures been when he's come in at the last minute or otherwise unexpectedly during games? Now that he's got the whole week and a half preparation time in that position he could actually do something worthwhile for a change.

He was pretty useless in game 2 last year in the exact same situation as this year...

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Saul Goode posted:

He's only really played a run-on position twice in rep, both for Queensland last year where he was very average, as well as not really being a particularly big impact player off the bench. Compare this to Ben Hunt who has been extremely relaxed in all his rep appearances and basically set up a try in the five minutes Tim "The Genius" Sheens gave him in the nations series last year.

DCE is objectively a better player at club level, but I reckon he might have a bit of Dave Taylor in him where he tries a bit too hard and ends out a goose in rep football. Hopefully he proves us all wrong next week.

e: he might have been on the run-on side against some minnows in 2013 like the USA but I don't think it counts

Thinking fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 10, 2015

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Saul Goode posted:

iajanus posted:

He was pretty useless in game 2 last year in the exact same situation as this year...

It was astonishing how poo poo he was in game 2 last year. He got a slight pass in game 1 because he would have trained to come in at lock, but he got a full week of training for game 2 at halfback and decided to become a hitup machine.

At this stage I'm thinking Pearce, an underdone Gallen and no cover for Farrah are going to be a problem for NSW.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

cpaf posted:

Hopefully he proves us all wrong next week.
Speak for yourself :getin:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jono C posted:

It was astonishing how poo poo he was in game 2 last year. He got a slight pass in game 1 because he would have trained to come in at lock, but he got a full week of training for game 2 at halfback and decided to become a hitup machine.

As I recall he had a hosed knee and didn't train at all in the lead up to game two, but decided he was okay on game day. I'm a bit dirty on him for that, Hunt trained at halfback and was looking good but DCE chose to play, had a poo poo game and potentially cost us the series. Motherfucker probably was worried that Hunt would have a blinder and take his bemch utility spot.

Also lol at iajanus referring to Queenslanders as if he was from a different group. Embrace your inner Inglis and just accept that you're one of us now. Anyway it's better than having to cheer for Mitchell Pearce.

ili fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 10, 2015

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rumor has it slater is having surgery and is done for the year after the origin series is done. Also I'm with everyone else, Hunt should be getting the nod over DCE, at the very least it should be Morgan. DCE seems to pull some highlight reel bullshit out of his rear end every week at club level but becomes a gray man in rep games. He doesn't set up the team to fail, but he doesn't do anything either which means more chance for NSW to focus on shutting down Thurston.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Also lol at iajanus referring to Queenslanders as if he was from a different group. Embrace your inner Inglis and just accept that you're one of us now. Anyway it's better than having to cheer for Mitchell Pearce.

I will fight against my newfound home so long as I draw breath (or until the tigers finally break me completely). I've only been here 9 months, my spirit remains strong!

I won't argue the Pearce point.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anyone else watching the footy show?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
No but feel free to not tell us what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

spacegoat posted:

No but feel free to not tell us what's going on.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/former-nrl-player-ben-ross-suffers-serious-arm-injury-live-on-the-footy-show-in-stunt-with-wendell-sailor-20150611-ghm1v5

• Locked thread