Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

lawl at (Heavy Breathing).

I can't believe I had to have the pun of "Street Urchin" told to me before I figured it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

My inkling lady, not the exact clothes I'd pick out if it weren't for the abilities, but she looks fairly fresh I suppose.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

So I switched to a Cold-Blooded shirt for a while, but I noticed that while I could occasionally surprise opponents who'd popped echolocator and expected me to have a marker, overall my ambushing abilities were sorely weakened. Switched back to Ninja Squid and my kill count went back up to where it should be. Thanks Ninja Squid.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Unlucky7 posted:

Don't know if this has been posted, but there is an Honest Game Trailer for Splatoon out now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8gZmJLuVAI
anyone who thinks the motion controls are poo poo isn't worth listening to.

this includes me when I first started playing the game before playing through story mode to learn them

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jun 10, 2015

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

anyone who thinks the motion controls are poo poo isn't worth listening to

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Kelp Dome coming tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/608560026760773632

Damone
May 3, 2009

That's a lot of corners to blast around. :getin:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You can explore Kelp dome pretty stress-free in single-player, since the Octolings are so easy to kill. It feels kind of labyrinthine, but I'm sure it'll become familiar. There's walkways that let you travel to and from basically anywhere, with the caveat that they're entirely grated, so you're easy pickings unless the territory below is safely yours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Judging by the trailer we should get at least 2 more during splatfest.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Note the stages.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 10, 2015

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I wonder what'll be next, and how arbitrary the teams will be. Like pizza with or without pineapple, or ripping bandaids off slowly or quickly.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Kelp dome will bring us to 7 stages, so that seems like a good time to bump the rotation from 2 to 3.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Note the stages.

Thank gently caress. That extra space has been sitting there forever waiting for a 3rd map in the current rotation.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

I wonder what'll be next, and how arbitrary the teams will be. Like pizza with or without pineapple, or ripping bandaids off slowly or quickly.

Who the gently caress puts pineapple on a pizza?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Supercar Gautier posted:

Kelp dome will bring us to 7 stages, so that seems like a good time to bump the rotation from 2 to 3.

No, it'd just be predominantly two groups of stages alternating due to Turf Wars and Ranked matches.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Reiley posted:

Everyone. Pepperoni without pineapple is unthinkable. It'd be like joining a team without dogs.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jun 10, 2015

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, it'd just be predominantly two groups of stages alternating due to Turf Wars and Ranked matches.

Isn't that essentially what's happening now?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Squid Avatar dance party

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Not a Children posted:

Isn't that essentially what's happening now?

Nah, with six in pairs there's two maps out of rotation at any one time. Three-per-group puts it at only one out of rotation.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do we have any idea how many clothes etc overall there are yet

I'm getting to 3 pages of everything and it's amazing

Also disconnections are still far too frequent IMO

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I don't know about the rest of y'all but it's pretty impressive that i've never had a game of Splatoon be laggy at all. Granted any time i do see any lag (usually first see it when things aren't getting painted on) there is a communication error and i get kicked out immediately instead of having to deal with a laggy rear end game. So as annoying as dropped games can be you should be thankful :v:

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So as annoying as dropped games can be you should be thankful :v:

Not when they both drop me and steal my rank points at the same time

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

TechnoSyndrome posted:

My inkling lady, not the exact clothes I'd pick out if it weren't for the abilities, but she looks fairly fresh I suppose.

Yeah both Stealth Jump shoes look lame.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Reiley posted:

People who enjoy delicious sweet/savory pizza. :colbert:

And I'm also happily surprised that I rarely have any lag during a game like this. Everything's so busy,. the map is constantly changing, you're dealing with eight connections, and the fact that it all manages to keep rolling smoothly (save for maybe.. once every 40 games) is mind-boggling to me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Theta Zero posted:

Burgers/Hotdogs, Soda/Juice, Ranch/Cool Ranch.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
People who put pineapple on pizzas are like buying the Mona Lisa and then spraying a stream of diarrhea all over it.

What I'm saying is that people who like pineapple on pizzas are sickos.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Parasol Prophet posted:

I didn't know pizza lovers were known to be into penance.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Dizz posted:

Burgers/Hotdogs, Soda/Juice, Ranch/Cool Ranch.

I believe you mean Nacho/Ranch.

Also Tortilla Chip/Potato Chip (corn chips can eat dicks).

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Dizz posted:

Ranch/Cool Ranch.

But which came first?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I like Hawaiian pizza in addition to goon-approved safe choice pepperoni. This world offers many pleasures.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Electromax posted:

I like Hawaiian pizza in addition to goon-approved safe choice pepperoni. This world offers many pleasures.

I could see sausage vs. pepperoni myself.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
pineapple pizza is delicious. :colbert:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

are u a waffle or are u a pancake

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Anime Curator posted:

Waffle.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Anime Curator posted:

I prefer pineapple pancakes, myself.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I like that we're finally getting some maps with a bit more complexity. I mean, it's not an Escher painting or anything (though this is the type of game where that could possible work) but still nice.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Parasol Prophet posted:

And I'm also happily surprised that I rarely have any lag during a game like this. Everything's so busy,. the map is constantly changing, you're dealing with eight connections, and the fact that it all manages to keep rolling smoothly (save for maybe.. once every 40 games) is mind-boggling to me.

They do a good job masking lag, but it's there. Weapons that have high burst damage like the roller or blaster make you notice it more.

Also Splatoon not only had an impressive hold in Japan with 60-80k copies sold in its second week, but also caused Wii U hardware sales to rise compared to the previous week.

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 10, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Gonna Rock you like a hurricane, you pop bastards.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Unlucky7 posted:

Don't know if this has been posted, but there is an Honest Game Trailer for Splatoon out now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8gZmJLuVAI

What kind of scrublord turns off gyro aiming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Parasol Prophet posted:

The maps are relatively small and there aren't many physics objects to track, so that helps. No vehicles or movable objects either, besides the players themselves and their weapon projectiles. I think the game lags quite a bit at times, but it's just not very obvious if you're used to something like Halo where a player with a poor connection will warp all over the map.

They did a good job with the netcode and I'm glad to see it's nothing like the mess the testfires were at times.

• Locked thread