Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What show is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

i think you will be happy with this namtab

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=457963515&searchtext=

it's such a powerful civilization that it breaks the interface

I am happy with this.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Truga posted:

Yes, it just cuts out the *view pans as nothing whatsoever is happening for 9 minutes* and the 5+ minutes of recap in every single episode. Sometimes it takes 4-5 weeks for them to put out a full 20 minutes of new content. :v:

So, same rate as the actual show?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PotU posted:

i hope at e3 nintendo says that fire emblem has been released a week ago so i can play it now

i lolled when i saw their newest 3 units and they are straight up 3 kids from awakening with the same personalities and similar art but different jobs

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

owain was loving ftw so im glad hes back as a dark mage though

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's too bad the One Piece anime sucks hard since the cast is so talented and enthusiastic about their work

Things just poo poo the bed when the proverbial pen goes to paper

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

owain was loving ftw so im glad hes back as a dark mage though
Owain works perfectly as a Dark Mage, but I'm gonna be sad if there's no Henry replacement.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
As much as I like Kuwabara I'm getting tired of hearing Sabats voice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kuwabara, Kuwabara.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm getting in the mood to play MGS3 again even though I played through it like 4 months ago

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The best games are the ones you want to replay.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Truga posted:

Yes, it just cuts out the *view pans as nothing whatsoever is happening for 9 minutes* and the 5+ minutes of recap in every single episode. Sometimes it takes 4-5 weeks for them to put out a full 20 minutes of new content. :v:

They don't want to catch up to the source material.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm getting in the mood to play MGS3 again even though I played through it like 4 months ago

What a thrill

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The best games are the ones you want to replay.

I'm going to replay VtM:B, the last time I played it was in high school.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

boom boom boom posted:

So, same rate as the actual show?

Yes, that's the point.

The problem with the show is, it's 1 chapter per episode, and manga chapters can be really really short, especially when action packed. Average used to be 1.5 chapters per episode (more for action packed, less for text packed chapters). Then they caught up around the end of CP9/Enies Lobby arc, and anime pacing went to poo poo, especially during long fights where pages of manga pictures translate to a couple punches.

Nice.

Truga fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 10, 2015

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Every year or so I feel like replaying Diablo II again. It's fun being the Necromancer and summoning a Skeleton army.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Kuwabara, Kuwabara.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The_Frag_Man posted:

Every year or so I feel like replaying Diablo II again. It's fun being the Necromancer and summoning a Skeleton army.

Necromancer's are all fun and games until you get to Duriel.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the Punk Hazard arc was kinda hit or miss but Dressrosa is cool. Fishman Island was so bad i stopped reading until Dressrosa had already started though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dressarossa is just too long for the content it has. Kyros should have been allowed to kill Doflamingo.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Necromancer's are all fun and games until you get to Duriel.

I'd rather fight Duriel than have to navigate the maggot lair and arcane sanctuary again!!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I wish more mana games were like SD3 except with even more class options per character. I'd also drop the ring menu and tactical pausing in multi.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Dressarossa is just too long for the content it has. Kyros should have been allowed to kill Doflamingo.

i can see that, with the colosseum stuff seeming unnecessary/dumb, i stopped reading around Luffy gaining that punk- looking guy as his follower. all the stuff with the city and toys was great though.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Do Japanese streets just not have pavements or something?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Fangz posted:

Do Japanese streets just not have pavements or something?

Huh? Most Japanese streets are paved, except like, out in rural areas

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I think pavement is british for "sidewalk" here?

Tiny streets don't have space for them.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Truga posted:

I think pavement is british for "sidewalk" here?

Tiny streets don't have space for them.

oh. That's weird.

Lots of Japanese streets have sidewalks, but a lot of them are too narrow for sidewalks. But generally speaking, if they're too narrow to have sidewalks, they'll still be paved anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Soon as you get outside of big cities practically everywhere has like a 'walk here' white line at the side of the road at best.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

track day bro! posted:

Isn't he married to another famous manga artist? I saw a news post somewhere that our was going to be off hiatus at the end of this month but I can't find the article anymore.

the guy who wrote Yu Yu Hakusho and writes HxH is married to the woman who wrote Sailor Moon

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I wish I could marry sailor moon

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Namtab posted:

I wish I could marry sailor moon

Sailor moon is the name of the series, not any character in the series

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

boom boom boom posted:

Naruto is the name of the series, not any character in the series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

uhm, about that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well it's not her name strictly speaking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Well it's not her name strictly speaking.
Batman isn't Batman's name, strictly speaking.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i lolled when i saw their newest 3 units and they are straight up 3 kids from awakening with the same personalities and similar art but different jobs

upgraded ninjas can ride komainus i dont care about anything else this is goty

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
A codename is still a name imho. Would you say The Rock's name is not The Rock just because that's his wrestling name?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Kylra posted:

A codename is still a name imho. Would you say The Rock's name is not The Rock just because that's his wrestling name?

Its Dwayne.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Except for the character whose superhero name is sailor moon (who I will marry)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

track day bro! posted:

can someione tell me if hutner x hunter is ever going to resume, thanks

regards
a fat smelly retard who everyone calls a fat retarded homo
I think it's currently on an indefinite hiatus. Dude's back problems are crippling, and he refuses to hire assistants to draw the manga for him.

• Locked thread