Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
If I'm reading the trailer right, Daphnes and Tetra are unlocked in the WiiU version if you grab this? There's at least some cross-platforming going on with it.

Does that mean Link will get an actual Toon Link skin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Tender Bender posted:

Can't watch at work, is it a port or a new game? Because I'll be annoyed if this series goes the Monster Hunter route and I have to play it on a loving 3DS instead of on my tv with a pro controller.

It's in Japanese so it's hard to say but it looks like a port, with the ability to move the new characters (Tetra and Hyrule King Daphnes [so far?]) to the WiiU version.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I hope it isn't just a port, and that it has a different story or something. I do like that you can switch characters mid-battle, that is awesome!

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Tender Bender posted:

Can't watch at work, is it a port or a new game? Because I'll be annoyed if this series goes the Monster Hunter route and I have to play it on a loving 3DS instead of on my tv with a pro controller.

Port. Presumably with additional content - most obvious being the addition of Tetra and King Daphnes (who you can unlock for the Wii U version if you get the 3DS game).

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

And you get a Warriors game, and you, and you-- EVERYONE gets a Warriors game!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I hope it isn't just a port, and that it has a different story or something. I do like that you can switch characters mid-battle, that is awesome!

Switching characters who are spread across the map is seriously one of the best changes they made, starting with Samurai Warriors Chronicles. That allows for battle events to never let up.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I can't believe King Daphnes is playable and attacks by turning into a boat. This is incredible.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Amazing. 2016 is shaping up to be a solid year for 3DS games.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Where the gently caress is Groose

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tender Bender posted:

Counterpoint: Being able to murder a giant dragon during a flight feels good, man.

I do feel your pain, though. A proper Monhun on current-gen hardware would probably make me actually buy a current-gen console, especially if they make monsters properly climbable, like in Shadow of the Colossus. Mounting is just such a fun combat feature.

e:

mabels big day posted:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I hope we get some new maps, because I'll definitely be picking this up if that's the case.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Wonder if it's Nu3DS exclusive. I don't see that anywhere, but the video is also in Japanese so...

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I can see Tingle on the boxart, so I guess this'll come with all the DLC? Also,

mabels big day posted:

Edit:

Monkey Fracas posted:

Wonder if it's Nu3DS exclusive. I don't see that anywhere, but the video is also in Japanese so...

It's not. Box in the trailer is a regular 3DS box, doesn't say New 3DS and the system logo is on the right side of the box instead of on the top like it is for New 3DS games.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hyrule Warriors on 3DS is exciting. A reason to dust my system off until Fire Emblem.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They've opened Pandora's box with Wind Waker characters. Linebeck, Groose, the bird postman, these are all now implicitly promised to be DLC.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

mabels big day posted:

They've opened Pandora's box with Wind Waker characters. Linebeck, Groose, the bird postman, these are all now implicitly promised to be DLC.

Can't wait for this thread to cross over with VGCW thread when we all explode with like 2 straight pages of quoting whoever's first to post "THE GROOSE IS LOOSE" when that DLC gets announced.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can already tell I'm going to be tired of hearing the word Groose in upcoming weeks.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I have this weird feeling in that I HATED the Wii U version, but the 3DS version sounds sort of hella tempting.

Boat Dad is all differing ways of alluring though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Crawfish posted:

I have this weird feeling in that I HATED the Wii U version, but the 3DS version sounds sort of hella tempting.

Boat Dad is all differing ways of alluring though.

If you hated one warriors game, you most likely will not like another...especially a port of the one you hated.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

jivjov posted:

If you hated one warriors game, you most likely will not like another...especially a port of the one you hated.

Yeah, they are all kind of the same. The window dressing helps, though; I had a ton of fun with the Fist of the North Star one purely because of all the references, music tracks, and such. All gigantic 80s shonen muscle men announcing their special moves after performing them :allears:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Huh, weird. I would think a game with tons and tons of onscreen enemies would be a prime candidate for New 3DS. Maybe it'll have better textures like in MH4 or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, they are all kind of the same. The window dressing helps, though; I had a ton of fun with the Fist of the North Star one purely because of all the references, music tracks, and such. All gigantic 80s shonen muscle men announcing their special moves after performing them :allears:

I got Dynasty Warriors 8 on Steam and enjoyed it on a technically level but did not give a drat about the characters or story...so I put that down and waited for Hyrule Warriors to come out. The Zelda window dressing was just what I needed to really sink my teeth into the game.

That said, I haven't even finished the first adventure map, let alone the DLC, and I'll be buying All Stars on day one.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

See I don't know if its that I hated Hyrule Warriors or I hated having to play it on a console either.

I generally liked 3D Land and DKCR 3D but are finding 3D World and Tropical Freeze a tedious chore to play as of late in comparison.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Boat dad cool

Hopefully they will include more, like linebeck, byrne, veran, onox, vaati, or alfonso driving a train and drifting it into enemies

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Noooooo they made the Warriors video private.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thing I noticed right away was the fact the fields seem really sparce. Really hope theirs more enemies in the full version of the game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Fix posted:

Noooooo they made the Warriors video private.

Here, have a reupload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YtqI2paEek

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

At the end is that cross platform play like in Smash or you just get the playable characters in the WiiU version?

I wish for the former but i know it's the latter.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tormented posted:

At the end is that cross platform play like in Smash or you just get the playable characters in the WiiU version?

Smash doesn't have cross platform play.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tormented posted:

It says "use the new characters in Wii U edition".

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I really hope the Hyrule game is N3DS only because gently caress your old poo poo with half the processing power.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fuzz posted:

I really hope the Hyrule game is N3DS only because gently caress your old poo poo with half the processing power.

well gently caress you too

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Please, gentlemen, gently caress everyone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhythm Heaven dropped in Japan and there are videos already on YouTube if you want to dig or just click on this link.

3 Remixes.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 10, 2015

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

With all these game news dropping, I am getting hilariously paranoid that the nintendo e3 direct is just going to be "Hey, here's these trailers you saw last week again. Woolly world! Oh, and Star Fox is delayed"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Amppelix posted:

With all these game news dropping, I am getting hilariously paranoid that the nintendo e3 direct is just going to be "Hey, here's these trailers you saw last week again. Woolly world! Oh, and Star Fox is delayed"

I could see that being the case. Maybe we'll see more and more creep over the next few years, of companies either leaking or outright announcing stuff in the weeks before e3 to beat the noise.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I sent my New XL to NintendoUK to sort out a dead pixel and it was a completely painless procedure. New bottom screen was put in and it's nearly perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Electric Phantasm posted:

Rhythm Heaven dropped in Japan and there are videos already on YouTube if you want to dig or just click on this link.

3 Remixes.

This is the greatest thing I have seen/heard all week/month.