Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

peanut- posted:

Can you have an official club rumours column? Very weird. I suppose they let Jack Sullivan blab about everything already.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/June/10-June/Boleyn-Insider

Kurt Zouma's middle name is Happy wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Other free transfers from that list:

Ron Vlaar
Didier Drogba
Brede Hangeland
Antolin Alcaraz
Sylvain Distin
Maynor Figueroa
Steve Harper
Gary Taylor-Fletcher
Matt Upson
Steven Gerrard MBE
Glen Johnson
Brad Jones
John Guidetti
Frank Lampard
Micah Richards
Ben Amos
Tom Cleverley
Jak Alnwick
Jonas Gutierrez
Ryan Taylor
Joey Barton
Karl Henry
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Bobby Zamora
Artur Boruc
Wilson Palacios
Wes Brown
Anthony Reveillere
Gerhard Tremmel
Brad Friedel
Youssouf Mulumbu
Carlton Cole
Guy Demel
Juusi Jaaskelainen

Could make a pretty sweet team out of these guys if it was five years ago.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ayew is having a medical at Swansea

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Ayew having a medical at Swansea

No, I'm not.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

sassassin posted:

No, I'm not.

lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Donnelly Ruaridhri

gently caress the irish. Learn to spell.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

peanut- posted:

Can you have an official club rumours column? Very weird. I suppose they let Jack Sullivan blab about everything already.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/June/10-June/Boleyn-Insider

It's embarrassing. It's even worse considering that it's all stuff that broke last night/this morning anyway. The African who is going to another cub is Ayew. The top French international is Remy. The new signing is Obiang and the potential loan signings are Jenkinson and Alen Halilovic

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Kurt Zouma's middle name is Happy wtf

I have two Bangladeshi aunties named lucky and lovely respectively . Thanks for listening.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

sassassin posted:

No, I'm not.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Did you watch any AC Milan this season?

I did. How horrible they've become was my whole point.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

No, I'm not.

lol nice

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Steven Gerrard to BT as a CL pundit is a done deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ue-line-up.html

I love the guy but this sounds like a bad idea.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Is he gonna skype them from LA?

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

He can't be worse than Owen at least

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mr Snips posted:

He can't be worse than Owen at least

Owen is better than Savage & Murphy at commentary, and he doesn't do punditry. I can't think of much worse than listening to Scholes, Hargreaves and Gerrard try to have a conversation tbh.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

sassassin posted:

I can't think of much worse than listening to Scholes, Hargreaves and Gerrard try to have a conversation tbh.

John Harkes

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
All of the Italian press are now convinced that Martinez is headed to Milan.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Jack Sullivan has confirmed that West Ham are due to announce the signing of Pedro Obiang in the next hour or so. Fully sick midfield with him, Noble and Kouyate.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How many decent Serie A players have managed to succeed in the PL?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

sassassin posted:

How many decent Serie A players have managed to succeed in the PL?

three: vialli, zola and evra

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
liverpool's new-look defence is looking good

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/robots/a15907/best-falls-from-darpa-robot-challenge/

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Wasn't Adam Campbell supposed to be promising a couple of years back?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Myssu posted:

Wasn't Adam Campbell supposed to be promising a couple of years back?

Pardew hyped him up like most of the youth players then never played him so he was probably poo poo all along

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Spanish media, reliable as always, reports that De Gea will join for €25m soon. Tbf even the Barcelona press is reporting it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Seems p cheap rly

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
mclarens in at newcastle, poor steve

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
NUFC press release, Wednesday evening:

Newcastle United are delighted to announce the appointment of Steve McClaren as the Club's new head coach.

McClaren joins United on a deal for an initial term of three years, which could be extended to eight.

Managing director Lee Charnley said: "From my first meeting with Steve I knew he was the perfect fit for Newcastle United.

"I am delighted that we have secured the services of one of the best coaches in English football.

"He has 20 years' experience, including for the national team and at the highest level of European competition.

His most notable achievements include winning the Eredivisie with FC Twente and guiding Middlesbrough to a League Cup win in 2004 and to the final of the UEFA Cup in 2006.

"He has a proven track record of being an innovative and forward-thinking coach and developing and improving players, which was a key quality we sought in the individual to fill this role.

"Steve also brings with him a great enthusiasm and passion for the job, the Club and the city, which he articulated to me very clearly from the outset.

"This is a huge job which comes with considerable pressures and I am convinced that Steve not only understands the weight of expectation that comes with this role, but that he has the strength of character and professionalism befitting of a club of our size and status.

"Steve has been tasked to secure a top-eight finish in the Premier League and he is also heavily incentivised to try to win a cup competition.

"We recognise supporters' strong desire to win a trophy, an ambition which the Club now shares as Mike Ashley made clear in his comments on the final day of the season. Steve is excited by this and he has our full support in trying to achieve this goal.

"Our immediate focus will be on working with Steve to assess and improve upon our playing squad, as well as appointing individuals to his backroom staff."

Speaking of his appointment, McClaren said: "I am privileged to be appointed head coach of Newcastle United. This is a big club with a wonderful heritage.

"St. James' Park is like a cathedral on a Saturday afternoon, a symbol for the city and I am excited to be given this opportunity.

"I know how important Newcastle United is to the city and the region.

"The supporters are some of the most loyal, passionate and devoted in the world. Despite everything they maintain their faith. We owe it to them to do everything we can to reward them with success.

"There's a lot of work to do, but the Club has made it clear about wanting success and I would not have come here if I didn't believe they were serious.

"This Club has waited far too long to win a trophy. That's one of my primary objectives here.

"I've already won trophies as a manager, and a club the size of Newcastle United should be winning cups and finishing in the top eight in the Premier League.

"I'm determined to give the supporters of Newcastle United a team they can be proud of. The hard work starts now.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Only cunts use the word incentivised

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I hope for his sake he's got enough money to buy in 11 new players.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
could be extended to 8 years

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Mcclaren will be a disaster and Newcastle will get relegated.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I read something about Ashley dropping from Chairman and McClaren also having a position on the board, is that bollocks?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Looking forward to Bilic crushing McClarens' spirit again. Especially since the bid for the French international mentioned in that faux-ITK column West Ham put out is apparently Cabaye instead of Remy

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 10, 2015

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ayew confirmed

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/andre-ayew-reveals-key-factors-behind-swansea-city-move-2488888.aspx

Overrated, overpaid shite imo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Looking forward to Bilic crushing McClarens' spirit again. Especially since the bid for the French international mentioned in that faux-ITK column West Ham put out is apparently Cabaye instead of Remy

Phwoar, that midfield

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

The Big Taff Man posted:

I read something about Ashley dropping from Chairman and McClaren also having a position on the board, is that bollocks?
lmao it's true. I suppose he'll be expected to sack himself if it goes poorly.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Coach?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Head coach, and with a head like his it's obvious why he was chosen

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
looking forward to McLaren speaking with a geordie accent after 3 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!

welp

• Locked thread