Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
A new PVE server, Highwatch, will be opened next week. Server transfers to this server and to any of the PVP servers will be no charge. Anyone thinking of moving there?

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/new-pve-server-highwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Septimus posted:

PVE server

Why? It's not like you can't avoid openworld PvP on a PvP server with minimal :effort: anyways.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Septimus posted:

A new PVE server, Highwatch, will be opened next week. Server transfers to this server and to any of the PVP servers will be no charge. Anyone thinking of moving there?

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/new-pve-server-highwatch
Woah, this is great. I've been meaning to transfer the rest of my characters to MT ever since I missed the last cutoff for free server transfers (f2p patch). But now I'm a little worried that their statistics say that LoT and even VoT are more popular than MT. Now I'm not sure.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

brennon posted:

Lancers are for brave and noble warriors. Behold:

I ended up creating a popori lancer and yes it is in fact very rewarding. A little spherical kitten in platemail :3:

Diaghilev
Feb 19, 2005

The final argument of kings and common men.
Just got into the game and it's pretty fun! Sure wish I could make a Baraka gunner. B.A. Barakus, obviously.

Curious, though--if I buy this turbo grimdark permanent axe skin, do I get to swap it around between different weapons, or will I be stuck with it on my bullshit level 12 axe forever if I use it immediately instead of waiting until endgame?

I'm also probably going to chip in for a third character slot. Is there a particularly smart way to buy their premium currency, or is it straightforward?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Diaghilev posted:

Just got into the game and it's pretty fun! Sure wish I could make a Baraka gunner. B.A. Barakus, obviously.

Curious, though--if I buy this turbo grimdark permanent axe skin, do I get to swap it around between different weapons, or will I be stuck with it on my bullshit level 12 axe forever if I use it immediately instead of waiting until endgame?

I'm also probably going to chip in for a third character slot. Is there a particularly smart way to buy their premium currency, or is it straightforward?

Weapon Skins don't get bound to weapons, they are a costume slot thing that stays there until you change it for another costume/remove it yourself.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I played this as a zerker in beta, but wound up not getting the retail box. Decided to download it on Steam because why not, and thanks to the various events after it went F2P, I had a zerker on the PVP server that got taken to level 58 (i kind of had no clue how to set up a suddenly level huge character though, not to mention I had zero familiarity with high level zones), and later when Reaper got unlocked, got to make one that I never touched, and it looks like tomorrow I could transfer the zerker to the new server and roll another free Reaper if I wanted to!

Honestly not sure what to do now, though I was having a fun time going throwing chain blades around in the tutorial area until the maintenance hit.

Also I had just enough time to enter the codes for free cosmetics, thanks tearshed!

e: wow reaper is so much easier to play than zerker, I remember why I got annoyed with the axe skills.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 10, 2015

RogueTM
Jul 8, 2004

Hmmmmm
I guess Gameforge finally figured out why their server population suddenly dropped:

"Starting Thursday, June 11, 2015, TERA will no longer be available on Steam for download from certain countries in Europe and Russia.

Our decision to enforce this region restriction was influenced by external pressure from the publishers of TERA in these regions.
However, TERA (as published by En Masse Entertainment) can still be downloaded directly from our download page by players
in Europe, South America, and Russia for play on our servers.

This means that on June 11, 2015, new players from Europe and Russia will no longer be able to access the TERA game page on Steam,
add TERA to their game library on Steam, or download the game client through Steam."

Thankfully they are not removing access for those who has already installed.

"All existing players who downloaded TERA through Steam and added TERA to their game library before Thursday, June 11, 2015 will
continue to be able to access and play the game with their En Masse account. "

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, it does make sense from a business perspective. The Steam page never mentions it's the US version.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Perfect sense in that you should prevent competition rather than improve your product to the point where it's the more attractive choice, sure!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Flesh Forge posted:

Perfect sense in that you should prevent competition rather than improve your product to the point where it's the more attractive choice, sure!

They hold publisher rights for Europe and they don't want the US version competing with them via something as prolific as Steam. Though the damage has probably been done already.

fujifisher
Sep 3, 2006

Hi there!
Summer is coming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRDo7OY5ho8

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tera takes pride in what it is, and we should respect it for that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There's a degree of polish and craftsmanship in these swimsuits that I wouldn't have expected, e.g. there are custom bulge morphs on the squishy bits :yosbutt:

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

chumbler posted:

Tera takes pride in what it is, and we should respect it for that.

I like this game even though it is the upskirt panty simulator of mmo's.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

ModeSix posted:

I like this game even though it is the upskirt panty simulator of mmo's.

Look at this scrub who doesn't know about Scarlet Blade

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

A good review of Scarlet Blade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwBG2Dtpmk

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

to be fair here's a good review of tera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ynHyqAIRM

BEARLY KOALIFIED

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I could have sworn those were the same summer things from the last few year. I mean yeah it's cool that they're back but I don't think they're new.

Are they? :ohdear:

Flesh Forge posted:

There's a degree of polish and craftsmanship in these swimsuits that I wouldn't have expected, e.g. there are custom bulge morphs on the squishy bits :yosbutt:

It is not the game we deserve, but the game we need.

Sadly I do not think there is a way to wear swim trunks under you purple leopard print robe though.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 12, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The one I found is labeled 2014, so no I don't think they're new. Mine also has a small texture flaw (body skin color does not match face skin color). YMMV

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
Well, I can't read. When I applied I typed the wrong poo poo - hope I didn't get blocked.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
It's a 4chan guild, I'd imagine they have to be used to people not following directions properly.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

I now have a dragon-man with shiney shades, swim trunks, a surfboard on his back and wields shake'n'bake. End game content confirmed. Tera: beach bum simulator

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
I just started this a few nights ago, and I'm enjoying the combat a bunch. Is there anything really worth paying for, or is f2p enough and everything I need is easily unlockable in game? Also, is it worth opening those blue boxes, or should I just try and sell those to other players?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Everything in the hunter's boxes is cosmetic, you could potentially unbox a permanent swimsuit box or a hat or something, but I wouldn't except to get a lot of money for it unless you decide to sell it really, really cheap, there are a lot of other people opening up boxes and trying to sell the contents after all. The party hats in particular are trash.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

IMO there's nothing important to spend money on until you're really, really serious about one or more level 65 characters. While you're leveling and exploring I don't think there's much that would be really great to have, aside from cosmetic stuff if you're really specific about how you want your character to look (even then there are a lot of free options that are really nice). The big thing with Elite/subscription is double xp, double money and being able to teleport to any of the towns at will, which honestly will take away from the newbie experience kind of a lot.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Look at this scrub who doesn't know about Scarlet Blade

I did clearly say upskirt. There are no skirts in Scarlet Blade, at least not that I saw in the review video.

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
I just applied to the SA guild, not sure if it worked. In my brief time play, random people attack me. Is this for fun or do you actually get something from killing other players?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Like it says pretty emphatically in the OP, don't be in channel 1 if you don't want to be bothered.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
This game is a lot of fun so far, thanks for the answers a few posts up. I've since discovered crafting and gathering. Is either worth leveling up for a first character, or should i just wait till max level? Is gathering and selling mats profitable?

Thanks!

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

imatree posted:

This game is a lot of fun so far, thanks for the answers a few posts up. I've since discovered crafting and gathering. Is either worth leveling up for a first character, or should i just wait till max level? Is gathering and selling mats profitable?

Thanks!

Gathering and selling mats is extremely profitable, yes.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

imatree posted:

Thanks!

get 300 plant picking and you get an inventory row
i'm just finishing getting my archer that i last played a year ago to 60, then im going to start playing my 60 dog slayer i got for free for good timing :3

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

i am harry posted:

get 300 plant picking and you get an inventory row
i'm just finishing getting my archer that i last played a year ago to 60, then im going to start playing my 60 dog slayer i got for free for good timing :3

I think it's 300 in all the gathering skills, although getting 300 in any given one will give you a head slot costume piece for each skill.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Also hold on to 50 of each type of ore, plant, and energy. You get a quest in the 50s that will give you another inventory row once you turn those in to the various NPCs.

Finished my 2nd try of BRHM and didn't die! Feels good. Then I spent 60 MES to MW some boots. Not quite ready to quit, but...

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm looking into playing an mmo again. My old game of Vanguard is gone. Can any of you sell me on the game? What other mmo is it like? What's the loot system like?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

IMO it's great just for the tourism aspect, if you actually follow the story quests around and explore the map. The action is very good but not perfect (chain knockdown is a big thing e.g.) The character models are all visually really appealing. The loot is kinda eh whatever until you get to 65 and then the game becomes tremendously less interesting, at least to me. While there's a few different paths for leveling xp up to level 60, going from 60-65 is strictly on rails, which is okay for the first couple of characters but becomes kind of a drag if you like making alts. There is no cost or cooldown for altering the configuration of your abilities, so you can't paint yourself into a corner with newbie mistakes.

This is about the chillest F2P MMO out there that isn't outright chat client with graphics. It's worth your time just to wander around and look at poo poo, there is a lot of cool poo poo to look at. Kim Jong Un looks at things in this game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

After level 20 you can also level exclusively by fighting what are more or less boss monsters, which is a bit more engaging than the quests or just gathering up mobs and aoeing them down.

PS Don't make a mystic as your first character. Every other class is interesting to play even solo, albeit at varying speeds, but mystics are just a chore.

Also I think today is your last chance to buy bikinis for your ladies/speedos for your dudes outside of trading post prices you won't be able to afford, so better act fast!

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 23, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

^^ My first character to 65 was a mystic, and I don't disagree but on the other hand it certainly makes you appreciate the other classes a lot more.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

RC Cola posted:

I'm looking into playing an mmo again. My old game of Vanguard is gone. Can any of you sell me on the game? What other mmo is it like? What's the loot system like?

It's unlike any MMO I have played and thats a huge compliment. The skill cap is crazy high because you can fight without ever getting hit, even as a melee with blocking and dodging.

Combat is actually fun and engaging instead of two square hitboxes exchanging numbers.

Here's a trailer for the game, I thought it did a fine job as selling it and I wish they did a trailer like this for every class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO3oMAeS6PI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
So I'm just getting started on endgame progression, and I can't seem to find a consensus on what to do after Idoneal. Some guide said to get Ambit gear and just +9 it, but +9 Ambit seems to be at best on par with and at worst significantly worse than Idoneal. So should I go for broke getting +12 Ambit or just stay in Idoneal until I get Discovery? The latter seemed like it would be a bit too ambitious considering I'm still relatively new to the game and could use any training wheels in form of gear I can get, so I spent a few MES (masterwork after 5 scrolls, guess I got lucky) and a lot of alkahest getting my boots to +12 last night, but drat that's going to take a while for the rest of the pieces. Also, should I wait until I have all 4 Ambit pieces before switching because of the set bonuses or is it more a matter of equip it as soon as you have it?

RC Cola posted:

In terms of the combat system, I find it's a bit similar to GW2 in that it's fast-paced and actiony and involves lots of dodging/blocking, although a big difference is that you still have the traditional holy trinity. It's really good-looking, and personally i find that the combat feels really impactful, which makes it lots of fun to play. As long as you don't mind pretty much every race and gender being sexualized to the ridiculous you'll probably have fun.

• Locked thread