Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

not in next-gen 2k15 there isn't. Alternate attires take up CAW slots.

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

He's talking about user-edited attires.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
On a similar theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub6cE6zgFkA

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I really should make a stable called "the O-Zone" or something like that.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Two Beans posted:

So far you just replace an existing theme with a new one after you convert the .wav file to .wem format.

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?1875696-WIP-Custom-Entrance-Sound-Replacer-Injector-Tool

The theme injector thing works pretty well and even has a built-in converter, pretty nifty!

The last piece I'm having trouble figuring out is the advanced entrance editor. It looks like you put camera moves and pyro on a timeline? None of this seems to be explained well at all.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

1st AD posted:

The theme injector thing works pretty well and even has a built-in converter, pretty nifty!

The last piece I'm having trouble figuring out is the advanced entrance editor. It looks like you put camera moves and pyro on a timeline? None of this seems to be explained well at all.

Pyro and lighting are set on timelines. The camera is hard set with the five sections (intro, walking on stage, walking down ramp, entering the ring, in-ring outro) you select to make up your full entrance.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
I don't know it's been in for years but you can switch tag partners in tornado tags. Comes in handy in regular tags, even better in tornados.

Lurkee Mcgee
Jun 5, 2006
Do I need to "equip" a manager after I purchase one in MyCareer? It says I'll only be allowed to use one if our alignment matches, but I have no idea what alignment some of them are. Also, how do I become a heel? I'm spending entire matches poking eyes, raking backs, and repeating nut shots, but I'm still as babyface as they come.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Just roleplay as a face that thinks he's a heel. And in my game I've had the same issue, and used heel managers without issue.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
No matter how much you cheat, get counted out and get DQed, everybody treats you as the babyface of babyfaces. Your alignment may say heel (grabbing chairs and being DQed is the quickest way) and you can very occasionally tell Cena to gently caress off, but you never get to actually play up a heel character.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Lurkee Mcgee posted:

Do I need to "equip" a manager after I purchase one in MyCareer? It says I'll only be allowed to use one if our alignment matches, but I have no idea what alignment some of them are. Also, how do I become a heel? I'm spending entire matches poking eyes, raking backs, and repeating nut shots, but I'm still as babyface as they come.

Most surefire way is to try and attack the ref with an errant running attack at least once per match. It can be tricky, though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The game treats stealing finishers as the most heelish move of all time I think, because my heel bar is maxed out and my guy only steals finishers, never does his own

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Press event for the New Japan video game.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 8, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I accidentally gave the ref the boma ye because he was standing right next to my opponent.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

woo boy this looks bad and basically rock paper scissors

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Just like in real life, the best matches I've had in 2K15 involve Brock Lesnar.

I had a Universe match where I was playing as Cena, and I got beat up before the match by Sheamus. So then I got the poo poo kicked out of me by Brock for 5 minutes, the full Suplex City treatment, even got hit with a DDT on the apron. But then I rapadooed my way to a comeback and won the match.

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014
For some reason, Alberto Del Rio is the best opponent I've had so far in career mode. He's the only guy who is routinely challenging. Most other matches just end as soon as one finisher hits.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
You guys weren't kidding, Bill DeMott is real annoying in career mode. gently caress this noise.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

1st AD posted:

You guys weren't kidding, Bill DeMott is real annoying in career mode. gently caress this noise.

Maybe if you were a better wrestler he wouldn't have to savagely insult you every 5 seconds

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's just doing it's best to recreate a true to life Bill DeMott training experience in a T rated game.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

This. Oh God this. It's so bad. Face too small, doesn't even pass a remote resemblance even at the right size, 2k14 CAW hair texture(that you can't put on your CAWs because gently caress you)

Don't be outdone by TNA, folks. It's the greatest shame one can experience.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

NameHurtBrain posted:

This. Oh God this. It's so bad. Face too small, doesn't even pass a remote resemblance even at the right size, 2k14 CAW hair texture(that you can't put on your CAWs because gently caress you)

gently caress sake. Someone hire the tna game devs to do the MODELS (noting else)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Did all the Impact! models look that good? That is a very very good Booker T by wrestlegames standards

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Did all the Impact! models look that good? That is a very very good Booker T by wrestlegames standards

Yeah, Impact had fantastic graphics, and completely dreadful everything else.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Great White Hope posted:

Yeah, Impact had fantastic graphics, and completely dreadful everything else.

You couldn't even do rear attacks or grapples iirc

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
It helps that the Impact game was off the shelf Unreal Engine, compared to the Yukes poo poo that apparently still had PS1 code in it even today.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Did they implement the anti-sandbagging measures in SuperCard yet? My KOTR matches seem really bad since I started putting two common supports in my inactive slots. I'm wondering if the game thinks I'm sandbagging and is punishing me accordingly.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Minidust posted:

Did they implement the anti-sandbagging measures in SuperCard yet? My KOTR matches seem really bad since I started putting two common supports in my inactive slots. I'm wondering if the game thinks I'm sandbagging and is punishing me accordingly.

Kind of? Basically what happens is that it puts you in a group with other people who are sandbagging, so it's a bit more of a crapshoot as to where you finish.

Still better than loading up all your best cards and getting destroyed, though.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

DoctorDelaware posted:

Kind of? Basically what happens is that it puts you in a group with other people who are sandbagging, so it's a bit more of a crapshoot as to where you finish.

Still better than loading up all your best cards and getting destroyed, though.
Hmm. Well that's annoying since my Survivor Blassie rendered all my other support cards pointless. I used all my other decent supports as fusion fodder. Then again, if I actually don't have better support cards in my deck, maybe it's nothing and I just need to get good at KOTR again.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NameHurtBrain posted:

It's weird that Chris Henry was in a WWE game to begin with, much less one released a few years after he died.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Minidust posted:

I've been sandbagging like a mofo, haven't noticed any changes.

What I DO notice is that, if I start a KOTR on a weekend around noonish, I get a way easier matchup than if I start on a weekday at the same time.

Like on my weekend KOTRs I dominate and finish first with 1-2 losses. In my current weekday one, I'm in last place among the contenders, 29--17. I miss the playoffs a lot of the time during the week too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

I see they've implemented the botching technology

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Minidust posted:

Hmm. Well that's annoying since my Survivor Blassie rendered all my other support cards pointless. I used all my other decent supports as fusion fodder. Then again, if I actually don't have better support cards in my deck, maybe it's nothing and I just need to get good at KOTR again.

Something I've been noticing is that if you don't have a pro WM level Diva, you have next to no chance of making the finals.

So KOTR is basically pay to win now at the WM level.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

BlueArmyMan posted:

Something I've been noticing is that if you don't have a pro WM level Diva, you have next to no chance of making the finals.

So KOTR is basically pay to win now at the WM level.

That's kinda how the game has always been, no? Those trailing on the Diva front have always been pretty boned.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

triplexpac posted:

That's kinda how the game has always been, no? Those trailing on the Diva front have always been pretty boned.

Yeah but with the new reduced KOTR payouts, you can't get a WM card at all without making the final, and you need a Pro WM Diva to do it, so there's no way to progress.

If they were truly evil they'd give a WM Diva promo prize in a PCC.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 13, 2015

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah but with the new reduced KOTR payouts, you can't get a WM card at all without making the final, and you need a Pro WM Diva to do it, so there's no way to progress.

If they were truly evil they'd give a WM Diva promo prize in a PCC.

Ugh. Meanwhile, I haven't drawn a Survivor Diva in months. I can't even get the Fusion Nikkis to drop.

In other meaningless news, I was watching a match on WWE 2k14 earlier, where two guys got stuck in a pin-reversal loop. One guy got a small package for two, the other guy reversed it for two, the first guy reversed THAT for two...all told, I think there were twenty pin attempts in that sequence.

Eventually they broke out of it, and a few minutes later the match ended...with a small package.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

DoctorDelaware posted:

Ugh. Meanwhile, I haven't drawn a Survivor Diva in months. I can't even get the Fusion Nikkis to drop.

In other meaningless news, I was watching a match on WWE 2k14 earlier, where two guys got stuck in a pin-reversal loop. One guy got a small package for two, the other guy reversed it for two, the first guy reversed THAT for two...all told, I think there were twenty pin attempts in that sequence.

Eventually they broke out of it, and a few minutes later the match ended...with a small package.

That match would go over huge in ROH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The obama-roll has been a staple of VGCW matches for years now.

2k14 is a wonderfully broken game