Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Faded Mars posted:

Isn't it probably a Fiero with a Lambo body conversion kit?

Yes, this is a real one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Faded Mars posted:

Isn't it probably a Fiero with a Lambo body conversion kit?
:thejoke:

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
Sorry, guess my internet sarcasm detector broke. Now... back to our regularly scheduled CL and Kijiji ad mocking?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

EightBit posted:

Holy poo poo, they welded the control arms onto the axles. :aaaaa:

Would you even call those control arms?

That almost seems like an afterthought. I'm certain that is version 2 of the suspension, version 1 failed when the front wheels locked up from folding under the chassis.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
Real gold?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/5061554683.html

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

This looks like something built for a low budget post-apocalyptic action film set in the United States but filmed in Italy.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

If I had a garage, this would be my summer car.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Moey posted:

If I had a garage, this would be my summer car.

If you had one of those, it would be a permanent resident of the garage.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
This does not sound sketchy. I think they added a zero or two too many.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/5057399498.html

~Edit~ I guess he sold the engine. https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/5054051446.html

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

it's got rubber bumpers/post smog, so no.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

What the hell is this and why do I want to buy it so much?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5068229818.html

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Mustache Ride posted:

What the hell is this and why do I want to buy it so much?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5068229818.html

It looks like an Invacar might, had Invacar been designing new models in the 1980s.

Comedy option: Buy it and flip it as a "Countach kit"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

Approximate top speeds expected with a Citicar on level ground:
36v – 25 mph (40 km/h) to 28 mph (45 km/h) (original SV-36 – six 6v batteries)

48v – 34 mph (55 km/h) to 38 mph (61 km/h) (original SV-48 – eight 6v batteries)

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Not gold and lazy on mobile so no pics, but drat is this:
- clean as hell, love the white on white
- overpriced as hell

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/5063019017.html

tween_spirit
Apr 12, 2006

////I WANT
&&TO EXIST
"Dove Grey" :suicide101:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

blk posted:

Not gold and lazy on mobile so no pics, but drat is this:
- clean as hell, love the white on white
- overpriced as hell

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/5063019017.html

Please tell me that this:

quote:

This M3/4
is shorthand for M3 four-door, and that they're not retroactively applying BMWs bullshit new naming convention?

tween_spirit
Apr 12, 2006

////I WANT
&&TO EXIST

MrYenko posted:

Please tell me that this:
is shorthand for M3 four-door, and that they're not retroactively applying BMWs bullshit new naming convention?

Yes, at least years back it's a way some people might shorten details of the various e36 M3 models, at least on forums. You'd also often see things like M3/4/5 if the sedan M3 also had a manual gearbox.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
that m3 sedan is WAY overpriced

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I agree, however, E36 M3 prices seem to be going back up for some reason.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Just got this email regarding my crown vic.

quote:

Hello,

I'm interested in your 86 Crown Vic, I would like a few detailed pictures of the engine and under the body to check if there is rust.

I also wonder about the history of the car, are you the first owner? Do you have information about the previous  titles and know if the car remained registered in California since the beginning?

By the way I wanted to tell you that I live in France, and daily drive a 2008 P71 Crown Vic that I have imported from the U.S.

Your car seems in good condition and  would be a perfect new project for me.

I already looked up for overseas transportation and already know about customs and export procedures...

Thanks in advance for the photos, waiting for your response to send you an offer.

If it's a scam, it's better written than most. I know Europeans sometimes do want to import American cars they can't get over there.

Anyone have experience in this sort of thing, tips on how to check for a scam etc.?

Edit: I googled his name, first result is his Facebook page with a P71 done up to look like an NYPD car, so I guess he's real. I just wish he'd emailed me before I dropped the price to $2100. Oh well, at least if this goes through I won't have to re-smog it...

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 14, 2015

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
He or his agent shows up with cash, what does it matter where he lives?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Usually the next thing is "my agent will give you a cashiers check for <amount+10k>, you wire the extra back to me" and then weeks later you hear from your bank that it turned out to be a fake cashiers check.

Sounds legit though even without the facebook pics, those are all questions I would ask (aside from export stuff) as a rustbelt resident looking to buy a car in the southwest without a local friend to check it over for me first. He's basically trying to figure out if it has ever seen salt, thus the registration / title questions. Send him to autocheck or carfax with the vin, they are usually pretty solid on ownership transfers and such since that is almost always reported to the relevant authorities unless someone drove it for years with attached plates or something.

kastein fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 14, 2015

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5053394702.html

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
That is awesome. Very cool. The empty leash is perfect.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

If you're going to go to all that trouble, why not find the right car before you get started?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

It's a shame. He could have made the Orgazmobile.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

VideoTapir posted:

If you're going to go to all that trouble, why not find the right car before you get started?

[inset Boomerjinks joke here]

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Pham Nuwen posted:

Just got this email regarding my crown vic.

If it's a scam, it's better written than most. I know Europeans sometimes do want to import American cars they can't get over there.

Anyone have experience in this sort of thing, tips on how to check for a scam etc.?

Edit: I googled his name, first result is his Facebook page with a P71 done up to look like an NYPD car, so I guess he's real. I just wish he'd emailed me before I dropped the price to $2100. Oh well, at least if this goes through I won't have to re-smog it...

Well, if he seems fairly legit, as long as cash shows up, you sign the title over, it's not your problem. That's the way I see it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

VideoTapir posted:

Most likely boredom and he also probably got the idea from just seeing a good deal on that car. I dunno about elsewhere but I'm pretty sure in Maryland you can just legally swap badges to say any make/model you want for like under $50 through online purchases and only a select few will ever notice in this case.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
While searching to try and price my 325ix sedan...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5068936033.html

:circlefap:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
That's cool, but is it $14k cool?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Not for a 325ix but for the right one, yes. I'll end up with another E30 in the next couple of years. Prices are going to drop over the next few years as more come into the country... I can't wait for the S50B32 M3s to start coming in.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

That's cool, but is it $14k cool?

No. I love E30s add much as the next guy but their prices are out of control.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

howling_mad posted:

No. I love E30s add much as the next guy but their prices are out of control.

The US never got E30 tourings.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

BlackMK4 posted:

The US never got E30 tourings.

I understand that, but rarity aside...who cares? I love me some wagons, but it's still an overpriced E30.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

howling_mad posted:

I understand that, but rarity aside...who cares? I love me some wagons, but it's still an overpriced E30.

Somebody will pay money for it, because euro-love and didn't get it in the states.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Inherit a boring car from Granddad?

Find out the made a rare performance model of that car?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I had a 1995 Plymouth Acclaim with the 3.0 V6 (same car as that). I don't know what the R/T poo poo is about, but unless they did something special, it's just a standard Mitsubishi V6 with a chrysler intake (that made the engine worse) and chrysler removed the DIS and replaced it with a distributor with vacuum advance (which made the engine worse). Otherwise it was bulletproof.

Until my sister ran away from being T-boned in it, then subsequently took out two title loans on it in the same day (I have no idea how she pulled that off) and it was repossessed a year later. Kinda miss it.

Definitely not worth $4k, though. Maybe $1000-1500 max.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Geirskogul posted:

I had a 1995 Plymouth Acclaim with the 3.0 V6 (same car as that). I don't know what the R/T poo poo is about, but unless they did something special, it's just a standard Mitsubishi V6 with a chrysler intake

It's probably just a standard V6 Acclaim with the Spirit R/T body parts swapped on and not some special model. The Spirit R/T was the turbo version.

It's like swapping an M3 bumper on a standard 3 series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

365 Nog Hogger posted:

While searching to try and price my 325ix sedan...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5068936033.html

:circlefap:

Speaking of imports...

Considering you can now bring in a '90 (which is when the keis got their final displacement bump to 660cc) it's maybe not the best purchase, but I've got a soft spot for kei trucks/vans.