Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

https://vine.co/v/eMBuVqDlBQ2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Tried the Inkbrush today. Won't get many kills but some how I was carrying the team everytime. I some how got 900p when I lost twice. It also very funny when you splat people with Sprinkler.

Also Kelp Dome tonight at 7 pm PT
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/608667752463630336/photo/1

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Been playing a lot of Turf Wars with Japanese players with OSA and SIB after their names...anyone know what these are? I was thinking maybe clans or something.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Roland Jones posted:

Is it? Huh, maybe; I thought it was the weekend that just passed, not this coming one. Whoops. Dunno then.

The booth went up last weekend, the actual fest is this weekend. But you can wear the shirt now and show that team rice is the best team.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

GeneX posted:

Of course it's team cat that resorts to insults about dog lovers and not just the animals in question.

You must have been absent for brain parasite chat.

Hells yes. I am loving the rate of new stuff.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

case closed

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like that Splatoon is one of the most violent games I've ever played and it's only thinly hidden behind bright colors. Players you splat explode and die, touching water makes the inklings grasp at the air helplessly before violently exploding- the fact the have to straight up respawn and they refer to it at that means these squids and or kids are literally murdering each other for sport. What a world :allears:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like that Splatoon is one of the most violent games I've ever played and it's only thinly hidden behind bright colors. Players you splat explode and die, touching water makes the inklings grasp at the air helplessly before violently exploding- the fact the have to straight up respawn and they refer to it at that means these squids and or kids are literally murdering each other for sport. What a world :allears:

Hey, when you're immortal you can get your kicks in some pretty crazy ways. It opens up whole new vistas, really.

GeneX posted:

Of course it's team cat that resorts to insults about dog lovers and not just the animals in question.

noirstronaut posted:

that's only because cat owners are crazy and buy like 12 and never clean themselves, their houses, or stop eating

remember that episode of hoarders where the lady had like 20 cats and one was dead under the couch and she was like "oh well" that's all cat owners. savage beasts

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Reminds me of how the fluid coming out of the fighters in the SNES versions of Mortal Kombat was just sweat and spit

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Fix posted:

You must have been absent for brain parasite chat.

it's a fact, not an insult

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Akarshi posted:

Been playing a lot of Turf Wars with Japanese players with OSA and SIB after their names...anyone know what these are? I was thinking maybe clans or something.

When's the LLJK clan happening

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

GeneX posted:

it's a fact, not an insult

If this is the kind of semantic arguing we can expect from a Dog administration, I'm voting NO!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I hope the next splatfest is "I get worked up about superior pet discussions" vs. "chill people who like all creatures". Then Nintendo can forward the list of the former team members on to the FBI's disappearer squad.

I mostly play Turf War and I find that I usually get 800-900p using the roller (maybe 1100-1200 when we win) and more like 600-700 with a gun. The gun is more fun in some ways, but I haven't found something to help rank up as quickly as the roller. Although I'm not shuffling equipment much and it sounds like that's the only thing rank has to do with anything? Is there any other purpose for it?

I should specify level (20 cap), not the letter Rank rankings.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Holy crap, making a B line to the splatzone as an inkbrush while your team all swims behind you is a really good strategy

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Electromax posted:

I hope the next splatfest is "I get worked up about superior pet discussions" vs. "chill people who like all creatures". Then Nintendo can forward the list of the former team members on to the FBI's disappearer squad.

I mostly play Turf War and I find that I usually get 800-900p using the roller (maybe 1100-1200 when we win) and more like 600-700 with a gun. The gun is more fun in some ways, but I haven't found something to help rank up as quickly as the roller. Although I'm not shuffling equipment much and it sounds like that's the only thing rank has to do with anything? Is there any other purpose for it?

Only purpose for getting to 20 is to unlock all weapons for sale and to allow you to add slots/reroll equipment. As you rank up, the shops sell stuff with more slots.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Electromax posted:

The Splattershot Jr. is actually comparable to if not better than the rollers at spreading ink if you use it right. Alternatively, if you complete the third boss of the story campaign the shop will sell you the Aerospray guns when you meet the right levels (7 and 13 for the MG and RG, respectively). They spit out ink even faster than rollers, and generally seem to be regarded as one of if not the best Turf War weapons and a decent enough option for ranked as well. Also they look cool and both have pretty great loadouts; the MG has Seekers and the Inkzooka to balance out its combat deficiencies, while the RG has Inkstrike for its super which is generally good (Ink Mines are a less-spectacular sub weapon but have uses as well).

But, yeah, all ranking up does is allow for the different weapons/loadouts, sometimes getting gear with more slots in the stores (though usually at most one three-slot item per day from what I've seen), ranked battles at 10, and being able to pay Spyke lots of money for more gear slots/rerolling sub abilities at 20. The last of which can also be done with the things from Splatfest, though admittedly we're still weeks from that if you don't live in Japan.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 10, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Holy crap, making a B line to the splatzone as an inkbrush while your team all swims behind you is a really good strategy

The same is true of all weapons if you're playing spaltzones.

Especially the chargers.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Electromax posted:

You can actually be quite aggressive with the roller if you play smartly, which ups your point count by a few hundred I think. Some maps (Mall) are more difficult for roller than others though.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

The same is true of all weapons if you're playing spaltzones.

Especially the chargers.

Correct, but ink brush is faster than the charger and uses less ink than a seeker to do it

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I think Mall is my favorite roller map. If people are having trouble with it, I don't know what to tell you.

No wait, it's Saltspray Rig.

No wait, it's all maps.

I love this game.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Mall map requires a bit of knowledge on how to get around as a roller but its not really that hard.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Roland Jones posted:

(Ink Mines are a less-spectacular sub weapon but have uses as well).

I've tried seekers and they only ever hit dumb / unaware people. If you're clever with mines you can splat people all day erry day.

I used to love the kracken roller but now I gold spray. The trick is that you gotta get the drop on people to kill them with your weapon or you retreat and use mines to catch them out.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

MrFlibble posted:

I've tried seekers and they only ever hit dumb / unaware people. If you're clever with mines you can splat people all day erry day.

I used to love the kracken roller but now I gold spray. The trick is that you gotta get the drop on people to kill them with your weapon or you retreat and use mines to catch them out.

I jumped over someone's seeker on that long map with the shipping crates (i forget the name), and I think I saw his inkling face panic.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
All the maps are at least ok which is better than most shooters can say but I just don't have as much fun on Blackbelly Skatepark and Arowanna Mall.

MrFlibble posted:

the reverse of this tho

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I saw this on the JP Splatoon twitter

I don't know why I'm legitimately interested in which sides Callie/Marie will take in the Cat/Dog/Rock/Pop Splatfests but I am

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Help Im Alive posted:

I saw this on the JP Splatoon twitter

I don't know why I'm legitimately interested in which sides Callie/Marie will take in the Cat/Dog/Rock/Pop Splatfests but I am

Callie is Cat and Marie is Dog.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Which one is Callie, again?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Orabilis posted:

Which one is Callie, again?

Purple one.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Marie is the good sister. Callie is the annoying one.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I could care less about cat or dog, there's no way I'm using that ugly orange for two days.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fix posted:

If this is the kind of semantic arguing we can expect from a Dog administration, I'm voting NO!

Is there such thing as brain parasites you can catch from dogs?
Science says no. Can't argue with science, mang.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

IronicDongz posted:

the reverse of this tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZgJyTzqPg

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Screw cats and dogs, bread is where it's at.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
My most common seeker deaths are when I mistake it for a moving inkling and run over to it to roller it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

dragon enthusiast posted:

My most common seeker deaths are when I mistake it for a moving inkling and run over to it to roller it.

Good.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Enjoying this simple loadout right now:

Rapid respawn and redeployment of roller means more rolling, means more rolling, means more rolling!

Always be rolling.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
^^^ I don't like quick respawn because it does nothing if I'm not dying.

Seekers are as much a movement tool as an offensive one. Any map that's got a long straight line, you can push really REALLY hard by dropping a seeker and swimming behind it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sade posted:

^^^ I don't like quick respawn because it does nothing if I'm not dying.

I have found a clever way around that problem.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Sade posted:

Seekers are as much a movement tool as an offensive one.

You could even call it an offensive movement tool.

Especially in the warehouse it's great. I've lost count of how many times I've swam across the main floor right behind a Seeker, popping out behind and quickly disposing of half the unsuspecting enemy team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Pyroi posted:

Screw cats and dogs, bread is where it's at.

Hello

• Locked thread