Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
I rolled on daggerfall and have little interest in pvp, I presumed I'm not gimped because I preordered and can move factions/cities whenever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

xxEightxx posted:

I rolled on daggerfall and have little interest in pvp, I presumed I'm not gimped because I preordered and can move factions/cities whenever?

If you have the adventurer's pack which I believe is included with pre-orders you can create characters of any race for any faction but can't move between factions with a character.

As you play you'll eventually unlock all the storyline content for the three factions, so starting faction really just determines which side you fight for in Cyrodiil and who you can do dungeons with.

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
Oh, loving cool can't see someone on my friends list so I log out of the game and then instantly try to join and get put into a 1200 person queue. Great, got back in and 10 minutes later game crashes.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Are PC players on the same server as consoles?

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
PS4 AD, name is Murodese if someone wants to invite me.

My only real complaint is that there are no subtitles (which you could rig in the PC version) and no glow around interactive objects, which is just me being lazy. Also it's pretty laggy from Australia, but we'll see how that goes as the servers get less hammered.

Rukulaz
Apr 18, 2005

Mr. Thumbs Up

FordPRefectLL posted:

Are PC players on the same server as consoles?

Nope! Servers are split for PC, Xbone, and PS4.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Also on xbone, ebonheart for now at least. Same as my forum name. So there are at least a few of us.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Rolling as ebonheart on the ps4 under DapperSwindler (on eso ) I am kinda mixed on it so far, its fun but i think alot of my negative feeling are from this being my first MMO. I feel like i cant find enough quests for my level and i am sick of almost getting killed by muddcrabs.

Shags
Jun 16, 2010

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...
I copied my game from PC, all chars were Daggerfall but now I'm rolling AD. Gamertag o0R3dw0lf0o. Keen to group up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rannison posted:

This may have been answered but I couldn't find anything: They offered a character copy from Windows/MAC to consoles but it looks like that option is expired? Any idea if it's coming back?

I emailed them about this a week or so ago, and they said there's a good chance they will allow this again but it's not implemented at the moment.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

As a Dragon Knight, I've just been spending my attribute and skill points on whatever looks fun for now (aka: Ardent Flame tree). I heard I can respec later, right?
Wouldn't want to screw up my character if I didn't look up a restricted min/max build right off the bat. Also, is there any reason to go 1-handed with a shield over 2-handed or vice versa?

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 10, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

As a Dragon Knight, I've just been spending my attribute and skill points on whatever looks fun for now (aka: Ardent Flame tree). I heard I can respec later, right?
Wouldn't want to screw up my character if I didn't look up a restricted min/max build right off the bat. Also, is there any reason to go 1-handed with a shield over 2-handed or vice versa?

You can respec both your Stat points, as well as your skill points. Experiment with whatever, you aren't stuck with anything you choose.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Murodese posted:

PS4 AD, name is Murodese if someone wants to invite me.

My only real complaint is that there are no subtitles (which you could rig in the PC version) and no glow around interactive objects, which is just me being lazy. Also it's pretty laggy from Australia, but we'll see how that goes as the servers get less hammered.

Just wanted to mention that the PS4 guild as far as I know has not been created yet. I've more or less said I'll make it and send out invites when I hit 10, hopefully tonight or tomorrow, but I'm really only able to play late evenings currently so if someone more active wants to take the reigns and make it, just post here before you do so we can all be on the same page. Seems most PS4 goons are going AD, but I can see at least 2 that have gone either EP or DC.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
My entire bank copied over from my PC character to PS4.

:stare:

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

So PS4 goons are playing AD? Any organized Goon clan?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dark Brotherhood was taken so I created a guild called the Blades. It's a Daggerfall Covenant guild for obvious reasons. You can join up to 5 guilds any faction so if anyone from the heathen factions want to join you're more than welcome. It won't stop you from also being part of the AD guild when it's formed for PVE, PVP, or whatever. I'm lazy as hell so don't expect guild nights and poo poo. This is mainly for talking and grouping if needed.

I do strongly suggest using 1 of your 5 guild slots on a trading guild since that is how the AH works but I'm not 100% clear on how it works right now. I'm apart of Black Market Trading Co.

PSN: BadLeRo

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

jabro posted:

Dark Brotherhood was taken so I created a guild called the Blades. It's a Daggerfall Covenant guild for obvious reasons. You can join up to 5 guilds any faction so if anyone from the heathen factions want to join you're more than welcome. It won't stop you from also being part of the AD guild when it's formed for PVE, PVP, or whatever. I'm lazy as hell so don't expect guild nights and poo poo. This is mainly for talking and grouping if needed.

I do strongly suggest using 1 of your 5 guild slots on a trading guild since that is how the AH works but I'm not 100% clear on how it works right now. I'm apart of Black Market Trading Co.

PSN: BadLeRo

If it works the same way it does on PC, expect a weekly battle to keep your public guild vendor, and possibly dues.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
I'm on ps4 but rolled df. If all the goon on goon action is somewhere else I can reroll.

SoUr
Jun 1, 2008
Are there any goon guilds in the European megaserver (PC)?

I'm nearly at VR4 with a NB Tank/DD in EP with no decent guild to play with.

I'm usually on Edward Pierce or Donatien Alphonse, so send me a msg if you got a good guild going.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I'm on PS4, and ebonheart is where its at. There's ash and lava and guars and kwama and all the weird stuff you'd hope for in Morrowind.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I'm rolling EH, PSN: spvcejam-

I'll heal the poo poo outta you

Ferrett
Sep 6, 2000

I'm going to be rolling Ebonheart later today on PS4, I mentioned my PSN earlier but its Clownballoon so you don't have to page back.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

RCarr posted:

I emailed them about this a week or so ago, and they said there's a good chance they will allow this again but it's not implemented at the moment.

Yeah, I could see them having open transfers down the road, but probably not again until populations stabilize and new console players are maxing out characters.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

So if guilds are cross faction, aside from co-op PvE and PvP, is there any reason for PS4 goons to have more than one?

All this being said I still plan to make an AD guild since I don't see people being all that vocal about this. I'll post when I do. I'll probably just name it Goon Squad or something just as goony.

Who Dat fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 10, 2015

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
I am really going to miss that skyshard addon while playing on ps4 :(.

Nashlogic
Oct 22, 2010
Rolled Ebonheart on the xbone, gt is Thirty Zombies if anyone feels like playing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a consensus on the Xbone faction yet? I just want to be where the goons are!

Edit: It's gonna be so hard to go from PC to Xbone. My precious add-ons!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

RCarr posted:

Is there a consensus on the Xbone faction yet? I just want to be where the goons are!

Edit: It's gonna be so hard to go from PC to Xbone. My precious add-ons!

I think AD is the default for PS4 and a few of us on Bone are going ebonheart (after I worried nobody else would a bunch did).

I keep getting disconnected for "spamming messages," which doesn't make any sense. Now I'm in a 300,000 person queue to rejoin lol

Aiming for 10 tonight so I can get a bone goon guild going.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

Yeah I think a certain number on PS4 are still rolling AD, some marginal interest in making a Ebonheart group too, but I'll continue to encourage people rolling AD to have as many people in one spot as possible.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I wouldn't mind getting disconnected so much if it didn't happen in combat every time, causing me to log back in dead.

deftest
May 7, 2011
Losing my mind over here trying to find the Clothier Survey in Stonefalls. It appears to be near the sulfur pools, and I have the "highlight available clothier materials" passive. But I got nothing over here. Anybody found this?

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

deftest posted:

Losing my mind over here trying to find the Clothier Survey in Stonefalls. It appears to be near the sulfur pools, and I have the "highlight available clothier materials" passive. But I got nothing over here. Anybody found this?

Pretty sure it's near the farms and stuff.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Funkmaster General posted:

I think AD is the default for PS4 and a few of us on Bone are going ebonheart (after I worried nobody else would a bunch did).

I keep getting disconnected for "spamming messages," which doesn't make any sense. Now I'm in a 300,000 person queue to rejoin lol

Aiming for 10 tonight so I can get a bone goon guild going.

I'm on the bone, and went AD because a couple guys at work went there. But I've barely finished character creation, if we're all going Ebonheart I'm game. (Porktree everywhere).

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Hmm .. started my xbone character as AD, but i might just restart one up as Ebonheart to join in the fun. I was planning on checking all the areas out anyways. (pvax = xbox name as well)

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

PS4 name is literallygary, went as a Dark Elf in the Ebonhart

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Ferrett posted:

I'm going to be rolling Ebonheart later today on PS4, I mentioned my PSN earlier but its Clownballoon so you don't have to page back.

added. EH as well.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Not to start a thing, but why are people playing this on console instead of PC? I should say I don't play console games and don't really understand the appeal in general. I am legitimately curious. Oh no... Maybe I am console curious.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

First time I've started the game up. I was 10,000th in the queue to join, but that only took 30 seconds or so. Since then I've been sitting at a pretty loading screen for 20 minutes. Should I restart? Or just ride it out?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sogol posted:

Not to start a thing, but why are people playing this on console instead of PC? I should say I don't play console games and don't really understand the appeal in general. I am legitimately curious. Oh no... Maybe I am console curious.

There's plenty of reasons

1) Don't have a computer to game on
2) Friends play on console
3) Prefer playing on a couch in front of a big TV
4) Is gay

I own the game on PC, but I'm switching over because all my friends only play console games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Sogol posted:

Some valid reasons I can think of:
  • Don't have a PC (or something capable of playing it)
  • Friends playing on console for above reason

e: ^ what he said

• Locked thread