Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That Drive episode didn't do anything super unexpected, but it was still pretty well-executed. Wasn't the amount of involvement from Kiriko that I was hoping for, but at least she wasn't just a bystander. Also, it's gonna take some getting used to Type Tridoron. It keeps giving me flashbacks to Sagitarrius' Supernova.

I wonder if it's going to come up again that Gou (and presumably Kiriko) was immune to Freeze's power, especially now that Gou is talking to his robot dad.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
Four episodes of W in, and I'm very pleasantly surprised. The suit's gorgeous, the music is great and the storylines look promising. The detective wannabe and his walking encyclopedia caught me off-guard, but it works.

Someone please tell me Underpants Santa is a recurring character.

My only complaint is that female lead. She acts like she's in a comedic segment of a shounen manga at all times, and it's so jarringly out of place even amongst the general goofiness of the series. Does it get better? Does she at least stop screaming at some point in the series?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cyphoderus posted:

My only complaint is that female lead. She acts like she's in a comedic segment of a shounen manga at all times, and it's so jarringly out of place even amongst the general goofiness of the series. Does it get better? Does she at least stop screaming at some point in the series?

Since you ask, yes he is. He's a gift.

And she does get better, and the whole shtick gets toned down.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cyphoderus posted:

Four episodes of W in, and I'm very pleasantly surprised. The suit's gorgeous, the music is great and the storylines look promising. The detective wannabe and his walking encyclopedia caught me off-guard, but it works.

She's a symptom of a trend in recent Kamen Rider to have way more anime style humor than it really should.

Some people will defend her, others can't stand her.

And to go ahead and warn you now, she mostly stays like this the entire time from what I remember.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cyphoderus posted:

She's from the Kansai region, sorry! She's being a stereotype.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah Akiko is very much a love her or hate her situation, there's not much middle ground. I personally adore her, especially as the series goes on, but a friend of mine never warmed to her.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cyphoderus posted:

She gets toned down as the series goes on. She actually becomes USEFUL fairly early on, after she gets a nice sort of focus episode.

I hated her from the start, but she grew on me after a while, and she gets some fun moments later on.

Underpants Santa, Watcherman, Queen, and Elizabeth all show up for the entire run of the series. They're Shotaro's main informants and they're all wonderful. :swoon:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Akiko doesn't truly settle down, until she well. Settles down. She develops a relationship and eventual marriage to a character in the show

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 11, 2015

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Akiko is the best, sorry

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

She's a lot better then Hina, that's for sure.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Rei_ posted:

Akiko is the best, sorry

:agreed:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Akiko is annoying but quickly grows to own, mixed with occasional forays back into annoying but mostly own.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dexie posted:

She's a lot better then Hina, that's for sure.
Find a girl worse than Hiyori from Kabuto.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Flameingblack posted:

Wizard. The answer is always wizard.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

I find Hiyori much more tolerable than Akiko. Akiko is an incredibly bad character and she ruins W, an otherwise great show.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

ImpAtom posted:

Akiko is annoying but quickly grows to own, mixed with occasional forays back into annoying but mostly own.

That's basically how I'd describe her, except I probably wouldn't use the word "quickly." More like "eventually."

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Wizard. The answer is always wizard.

That's a tough choice, but I think I agree.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Akiko is the best, sorry

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

NachtSieger posted:

I find Hiyori much more tolerable than Akiko. Akiko is an incredibly bad character and she ruins W, an otherwise great show.

It's hard for me to find Hiyori more tolerable because she's such a non-character, even before she had to leave the show for medical reasons. At least Akiko had things she disliked and liked, things that drove her, and she ends up influencing the other characters on the show and growing herself.

At least until W Returns: Accel and then it all feels like square one again.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cyphoderus posted:

I joyously await you getting to Heaven's Tornado.

ImpAtom posted:

Akiko is annoying but quickly grows to own

This and keep an eye on her interactions with the secondary rider.They get a lot of cute moments in the backgrounds of scenes.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Kouta and Shinnosuke in the car was fantastic. Full Throttle is definitely a good second to Mega Max.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yeah, Full Throttle was far better than I expected. I loved how the Gaim part was literally "Takatora is the biggest loving badass: The Movie". I do think it could've gotten a bit more from Mecha Ryoma, but beyond that it was really solid, giving more spotlight to the Kureshimas instead of God Kouta was a good move.

The Drive part was also super cool. I love Lupin's design and character, so stylish. I hope he gets to appear again. I missed Shinnosuke's mystery-solving screens too, it was great seeing them again.

The crossover part was...confusing, but overall far better than other Movie Wars. Megahex powering up that much from ZZZ when he just got a gold chest from the Kiwami Lockseed is kind of unbelievable, but beyond that it was pretty dang cool. Seeing Kaito again was neat, though I wish he used more than Banana Arms. Like, when he faces the swarm of Megahexes, he could've turned into Lord Baron to actually be a match there. Kouta and Shin make a really good team, I like how surprised Shinnosuke was at the whole "Space God" thing at first then just became really sarcastic about it, constantly calling Kouta as God. Type Fruits and Drive Arms have a proper explanation and get some cool spotlight moments, which was neat, plus it stops Kouta from going the usual Rider way of having several post-final forms, instead just sharing his power with Drive for a form that's likely weaker than Kiwami, but becomes stronger through teaming up with Drive.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This week's Drive was such a rip off of the US Open.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If this episode didn't prove to everyone that Tsumuji is the best drat character in Ninninger, I don't know what will. That said, apparently he was super talented then stopped being, when granddad said before that he had no talent at all. His talent suddenly disappeared, then reappeared in a moment of crisis as a far stronger jutsu than any other seen in the series. I'm going to take a guess here and say that Tsumuji was fused with the End Shuriken by grandpa without his knowledge, and that's why his ninpo suddenly disappeared. Since this was to be kept a secret even from him, that's why granddaddy refused to teach him how to be a ninja.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I joyously await you getting to Heaven's Tornado.

Just watched those episodes and they are so much fun :allears: Kamen Rider is the last place I'd expect to find da-fi in*. my favorite part is when Philip searches for "boys", "girls" and "making up" and finds no conclusive results.

* please don't watch this movie it's an awful movie

This aired originally in 2009, right? I don't remember exactly, but were people already aware back then that Philip's gimmick is less a superpower and more constant wi-fi access to wikipedia?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cyphoderus posted:

This aired originally in 2009, right? I don't remember exactly, but were people already aware back then that Philip's gimmick is less a superpower and more constant wi-fi access to wikipedia?
I remember watching it not long after finishing OOOs or Fourze, and thinking something along the lines of "Google's actually a pretty good superpower", so yeah.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I do like how they didn't even attempt to explain why the fake Roidmudes were in Zawame City before Megahex absorbed ZZZ's power.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I actually liked the Super Hero Movies and felt like the stuff with ZZZ made sense;

Megahex got a lot stronger when he absorbed ZZZ versus the Golden Fruit because he never actually absorbed the Fruit, because Kouta was still in it, preventing it. ZZZ he just straight ate.. The movie just makes me want to have the Gaim batches even more now, but I guess Aesir is just dead at this point.

Re; Ninninger.

Another great episode. Basically every episode after Gabi died- which might have been the worst in the series? It was pretty bad- has been really good, not even just 'good for Ninninger' either, just flat good episodes.

I am wondering though I thought Ninjadad was going to be Purple, but it seems the Purple Ally is showing up next episode and I didn't see anything about a new Ranger there, and it seems like something that would be front and center. But they are totally clearly still going somewhere with him, which is fantastic because I was worried they were going to just ruin what was probably the most interesting subplot in the show, but they're actually still going places and making it more deep and I'm excited for the pay-off.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I was surprised by how much I really didn't like Full Throttle. Megahex was the most generic and pointless bad guy ever. Plus, I know power levels are supposed to be bullshit and all, but there really seemed to be no thought at all about how the varying forms strength. Miccy went through the entire thing with his original Ryugen powers, he and Takatora weren't instantly killed by the guy who beat God Kouta, and Shinnosuke's first form is apparently as powerful as Kiwami Arms.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
I liked how blatantly the Borg Megahex was.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

point of return posted:

I liked how blatantly the Borg Megahex was.

I liked that Over-Time went the extra mile and translated at least one line as "Resistance is futile."

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

WickedHate posted:

I was surprised by how much I really didn't like Full Throttle. Megahex was the most generic and pointless bad guy ever. Plus, I know power levels are supposed to be bullshit and all, but there really seemed to be no thought at all about how the varying forms strength. Miccy went through the entire thing with his original Ryugen powers, he and Takatora weren't instantly killed by the guy who beat God Kouta, and Shinnosuke's first form is apparently as powerful as Kiwami Arms.

The big answer to all of this is because this is Toku, so everyone is the right power level for whatever's the most dramatic, even if it didn't make sense beforehand. But yeah, it did bug me that God Kouta was teamed up with Drive since, ostensibly, God Kouta should be fighting at a weight class that would put him on par with some Cosmic level Superheroes while Drive, even in Type Tridoron, might reach "Global" or "Heroic."

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Megahex should've stolen the Kachidoki and Kiwami lockseeds at the beginning of the movie. That would have made the power levels more even.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I have no idea where Ninninger is going after this episode.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's traditional for the previous Rider to job and let the new guy take the spotlight. Bonus points if their power levels are hilariously mismatched.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

It's not as dramatic as the glass cases in Gosei's place...but I finally have a display for my ranger keys!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That's pretty rad, but where do you keep the other colors?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Potsticker posted:

That's pretty rad, but where do you keep the other colors?

I honestly only collect Reds. I've got the GoBuster and Akiba sets, and the spares from them hang out in a cigar box (the same cigar box that was holding all the Reds until yesterday)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It looks pretty cool still, honesrly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm trying to come up with some way to mount a little stand for the Mobirates above/near the ranger key rack too...but that's a project for another day.

• Locked thread