Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Technical challenge:
Water effects on base splashing up. I always go for the jurnals and this month got me to learn a new technique. I like the effect and plan on doing some terrain with it.

The splashing effect looks better if you pose the model as if it is running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Perfect top-of-page post. That thing is so orky :swoon:

Germ
May 7, 2013

Holy smokes that's gorgeous!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

krushgroove posted:

Hi! Thanks for drunkenly or otherwise offering to be so generous. My Paypal address is frank.mckinney@gmail.com, if you could do me the additional favour of send the bux in British Pounds (I know, moon money) it would help me out no end because of Paypal's whacky way of dealing with currency exchange (that is to say, terribly). 25 USD is 16 GBP. And of course pleas feel free to take part! Git yo models painted :)

I want to also thank jodai and moths as well for donating some funds to help pay for postage! Oath Thread goons are the best goons :3:

I was stationed in England for 6 years so I know the USD to GBP struggle. I split the difference and sent you 20 pounds.

Love the thread, love you, too lazy to paint models

Edit: i encourage anyone who enjoys this thread but doesnt participate to donate as well, this guy is arranging a LOT of stuff to keep this going.

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 10, 2015

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, in this summery month of June, oath to paint the following miniatures or components thereof: (1) Ork Nob from Games Workshop's Assault on Black Reach; (1) metal Ork Head from GW (I think?); (1) Clay Golem and (1) Flesh Golem from Reaper Bones; and (1) High Exemplar Mikael Kreoss from Privateer Press' Warmachine 2-player Starter Set. All 28mm, unprimed, and not yet on the official base (TBD).

The orky bits are eBay rescues, which is why I'm uncertain of the head's vintage. The Bones minis will be used as conversion parts, and will sadly not survive the process intact. Fortunately, they're cheap. Thanks, Reaper!
(I'll be posting the conversion pics later in this thread, and edit them back into this post at that time.)

Edit 1: Oath Addition!

Adding (cobbled-together pieces of) these 2 Gretchin and 1 Gretchin Head to my oath. They're going to be converted into a single mini. And I just realized that the Gretchin head is really hard to see, but it's at the bottom left on a chunk of untrimmed sprue. Let me know if you need a closer picture of it.

Edit 2: Post-sculpting!

...Wow, I'm a bad sculptor.

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 26, 2015

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I, Nopantsjack, hereby oath to decorate in paint these models herein for the Sixth of Months:

1x Eiryss1
1x Gorman the rogue alchemist

E: Pretty models done by Privateer press, might paint them based on some Bloodborne outfits.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 10, 2015

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
I, papasyhotcakes, by the powers that be, oath to paint these models for the most glorious month of June 2015.

All from Privateer Press
1xSyntherion, the Forge Master
1xCorollary
1xCipher
3xOptifex directive

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ski posted:

I, Ski, for the month of June, hereby oath Borka, Vengeance of the Rimshaws, from Privateer Press.
I'm new to the Oath thread, but really excited by something that will motivate me to make sure I start this awesome model.
That's exactly the idea! :)
Welcome to the Oath Thread!

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Official OATH! I Excelsiortothemax will Oath that I will completed Bradigus Throle, The RuneCarver from Hordes by PP by the end of June!
Welcome to you as well!

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache oath the following random bunch of models: Chaos Terminator Lord, 3 Goblin Spider Riders, one Orc, Dark Elf Sorceress, Dark Elf Fleetmaster, 4 Dark Elf Witches, 4 Relic player pieces. The Relic pieces are by Fantasy Flight Games, everything else is 28mm Games Workshop.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, in this summery month of June, oath to paint the following miniatures or components thereof: (1) Ork Nob from Games Workshop's Assault on Black Reach; (1) metal Ork Head from GW (I think?); (1) Clay Golem and (1) Flesh Golem from Reaper Bones; and (1) High Exemplar Mikael Kreoss from Privateer Press' Warmachine 2-player Starter Set. All 28mm, unprimed, and not yet on the official base (TBD).

The orky bits are eBay rescues, which is why I'm uncertain of the head's vintage. The Bones minis will be used as conversion parts, and will sadly not survive the process intact. Fortunately, they're cheap. Thanks, Reaper!
(I'll be posting the conversion pics later in this thread, and edit them back into this post at that time.)

papasyhotcakes posted:

I, papasyhotcakes, by the powers that be, oath to paint these models for the most glorious month of June 2015.

All from Privateer Press
1xSyntherion, the Forge Master
1xCorollary
1xCipher
3xOptifex directive
Another new Oather! Welcome!

nopantsjack posted:

I, Nopantsjack, hereby oath to decorate in paint these models herein for the Sixth of Months:

1x Eiryss1

E: Pretty models done by Privateer press, might paint them based on some Bloodborne outfits.
Welcome to the Oath Thread! :) As you're new here I'm going to let this one be approved but you are supposed to use the American Samoa time stamp, there's a link in the instructions that take you directly to the right time. Just make sure you use the right time zone next time. It's not a biggie but everyone else follows the rule so I just need to make sure they're applied equally to everyone.

Exinos posted:

I, Exinos, for the month of June, hereby oath Snapjaw, angriest of alligators, from Privateer Press.

Welcome to you as well! You did the right thing with the timestamp, however your phone, computer or whatever does need to show the World Time Server web page showing the American Samoa time zone. I will let this Oath slip by but only this once because this is your first time Oathing. Next time, please make sure to read through the Oathing instructions properly, as I have to make sure folks follow the same directions :)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jun 10, 2015

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Whoops, meant to post this last night.

Oath Addition! One "Juggernaut" Khador Warjack by Privateer Press

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

krushgroove posted:

PRIZES HAVE STARTED GOING IN THE MAIL
(some of these have already been received)
Deanut Pancer - Springer-Pinsel brushes (plus your Princeps)
Grey Hunter - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Uggleb - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Red Shoe - Springer-Pinsel brushes
LazyAngel - Springer-Pinsel brushes & Badger Minitaire Quarterly prize
NTRabbit - Springer-Pinsel brushes
O. A. in Florida (by way of another country) (sorry I don't have your username handy!) - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Zark the Damned - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Just to let you know, my stuff has arrived. Thanks very much for picking up the Princeps for me.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

I, Zodiac5000, for the month of June, hereby oath Dozer and Smigg, from Privateer Press.

The Trollmans must flow!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OATH ADDITION!

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for June: two ruined buildings, six German riflemen, one German squad leader, one Polish TKS Tankette (all 28mm by Warlord Games), one frame of Renedra palisade fences, and one scratchbuilt mud bog. ...and a KR multicase case.

I, moths, (in addition to the above) oath Privateer Press's Lylyth, Herald of Everblight:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

krushgroove posted:

Welcome to the Oath Thread! :) As you're new here I'm going to let this one be approved but you are supposed to use the American Samoa time stamp, there's a link in the instructions that take you directly to the right time. Just make sure you use the right time zone next time. It's not a biggie but everyone else follows the rule so I just need to make sure they're applied equally to everyone.

Whoops, my bad, pretty sure I got to that page through the link in the OP so who knows how I messed that up. Cropped off the American maybe?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Your phone went idle due to inactivity. That's your lock screen.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Weirdo posted:

Whoops, meant to post this last night.

Oath Addition! One "Juggernaut" Khador Warjack by Privateer Press

Zodiac5000 posted:

I, Zodiac5000, for the month of June, hereby oath Dozer and Smigg, from Privateer Press.

The Trollmans must flow!

moths posted:

OATH ADDITION!

I, moths, (in addition to the above) oath Privateer Press's Lylyth, Herald of Everblight:
OATHS ACCEPTED!

Deanut Pancer posted:

Just to let you know, my stuff has arrived. Thanks very much for picking up the Princeps for me.
Awesome! I've gotten 'received' messages from other folks as well so they're starting to come through :)

nopantsjack posted:

Whoops, my bad, pretty sure I got to that page through the link in the OP so who knows how I messed that up. Cropped off the American maybe?
Whoops, no you're right, looking at the other screenshot pictures the 'American' was cut off. Just make sure to include it next time so it's easier to tell :)

nopantsjack posted:

1x Eiryss1

Oath Accepted!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Your phone went idle due to inactivity. That's your lock screen.
You're thinking of the other goon's post, s/he used his/her phone clock (or something) as the timestamp, hopefully they come back and check so they can Oath properly.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

omnibobb posted:

I was stationed in England for 6 years so I know the USD to GBP struggle. I split the difference and sent you 20 pounds.

Love the thread, love you, too lazy to paint models

Edit: i encourage anyone who enjoys this thread but doesnt participate to donate as well, this guy is arranging a LOT of stuff to keep this going.

Just wanted to say that yes I definitely did get this very kind donation :) Thanks very much!

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

krushgroove posted:

GONE TODAY
Jodai - your Troll Trader prize

Got my prize yesterday, thanks very much!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I just realised I forgot to post my oath pic!

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of June: Hannah, Freikorps Archivist (with her robot suit arms and book sitting next to her); a Shorts Marine; a Seishin; and a Drowned.

My boyfriend requested the shorts marine and he is very pleased with how it turned out. Conveniently, it also fits the theme!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Schmetterling posted:

I just realised I forgot to post my oath pic!

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of June: Hannah, Freikorps Archivist (with her robot suit arms and book sitting next to her); a Shorts Marine; a Seishin; and a Drowned.

My boyfriend requested the shorts marine and he is very pleased with how it turned out. Conveniently, it also fits the theme!

Oath Accepted!

jodai posted:

Got my prize yesterday, thanks very much!
Excellent! :)

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, do oath a bunch of stuff! Blackclad Wayfarer, Tharn Whitemane (Privateer Press, 28 mm), Guild Sergeant, Beckoner, 2 Lawyers and The Scribe (Wyrd Miniatures, 32 mm)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath addition!

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for the month of June 24 Mahud raiders and one camel mounted Mahud king all in 10mm.

The miniatures are all Pendraken Mahdist Camelry, some of which I added green stuff mumakil tusks to the sides of their camels. The king is a Mahdist Camelry unit with the rider cut off at the waist and a pendraken Zulu chieftain attached in its stead with some other minor green stuff conversions added.

Much more modest than last month since I am moving and expect to have a lot less painting time. If I get these done quick ill do some oath additions, probably Dwarven forge cavern water tiles for the technical challenge.

Adding in two caverns river tiles from Dwarven Forge.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath complete!

My oath addition hasn't been officially accepted so if that part is invalidated its fine, but if not claiming technical jurnal.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ok, stabbington dragged me back into this oathing thing.

I, Fyrbrand, am oathing one Winter Troll from Privateer Press.

Skimpy oath but I'm in the middle of a much larger project right now.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I got to get in on all that Privateer Press action so
Oath addition! 3 Shifting Stones. From Privateer Press.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I Kinetica, a terrible painter, oath 5 warp talons (and to glue the two wings on that fell off on a trip to the ground) that have been primed grey with zenithal white on the tops. May the true gods have mercy on my soul.

Kinetica fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 12, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

jodai posted:

I, jodai, do oath a bunch of stuff! Blackclad Wayfarer, Tharn Whitemane (Privateer Press, 28 mm), Guild Sergeant, Beckoner, 2 Lawyers and The Scribe (Wyrd Miniatures, 32 mm)

nesbit37 posted:

Oath addition!

Adding in two caverns river tiles from Dwarven Forge.

Fyrbrand posted:

Ok, stabbington dragged me back into this oathing thing.

I, Fyrbrand, am oathing one Winter Troll from Privateer Press.

Skimpy oath but I'm in the middle of a much larger project right now.

Electric Hobo posted:

I got to get in on all that Privateer Press action so
Oath addition! 3 Shifting Stones. From Privateer Press.

Kinetica posted:

I Kinetica, a terrible painter, oath 5 warp talons (and to glue the two wings on that fell off on a trip to the ground) that have been primed grey with zenithal white on the tops. May the true gods have mercy on my soul.

Oaths Accepted!

nesbit37 posted:

Oath complete!

My oath addition hasn't been officially accepted so if that part is invalidated its fine, but if not claiming technical jurnal.

It was? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post446145116

I've been busy with things and also been trying to talk to a couple of new sponsors, but I'll be getting the May photo album online tonight, and we should be getting the first prize draws ready, too!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 12, 2015

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Oh yeah, I know the original oath was, I was just talking about the addition that I threw in and then had finished painting like an hour later. Thanks for all the work you put into this!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

nesbit37 posted:

Oh yeah, I know the original oath was, I was just talking about the addition that I threw in and then had finished painting like an hour later. Thanks for all the work you put into this!

OK I had a quick look and I think all your Oaths have been accepted so you should be good - if not just shout up and we'll get it sorted. And you're welcome! :)

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
My June oath is not finished, but I made some progress and managed to paint the part that I expected would take the most time: 17 infantrymen/pioneers

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING! Privateer Press' Harbinger of Menoth and a Reaper minis Incubus

Finally finished up assembly. Time to make her shine!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: MAY PHOTO ALBUM IS UP! :siren:

Click here: https://goo.gl/photos/DJALRv52BcoghEENA

Please make sure your May Oath is in there, if you completed an Oath! I'll be sending this link to the Judges within 48 hours of the time of this post.

Ledgem posted:

OATHING! Privateer Press' Harbinger of Menoth and a Reaper minis Incubus

Finally finished up assembly. Time to make her shine!

Oath Accepted!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

krushgroove posted:

:siren: MAY PHOTO ALBUM IS UP! :siren:

Click here: https://goo.gl/photos/DJALRv52BcoghEENA

Please make sure your May Oath is in there, if you completed an Oath! I'll be sending this link to the Judges within 48 hours of the time of this post.

Awesome stuff! Though I usually cringe when I see my own models. I think it is one of those "hear your own voice" reactions.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

LordAba posted:

Awesome stuff! Though I usually cringe when I see my own models. I think it is one of those "hear your own voice" reactions.

I'm cringing because my first picture was enlarged way past its intended resolution :v: But all the models are more nicely presented in my other shots and I probably wasn't winning any prizes anyway so it's okay.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath for the month of June one Evil High Priest from our totally rad sponsors Otherworld Miniatures!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Speed painting! I will post them again along with my finished oath when it is complete.

Don't be sad little dragon pet! You have endless chili.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

LordAba posted:

Speed painting! I will post them again along with my finished oath when it is complete.

Don't be sad little dragon pet! You have endless chili.

I'm jealous of that model and that Skyline box...

I need to head to the Natti soon and get a fat bowl full of chili and jalapeno cheese.

Lightening claws on my Terminator Vet/Captain are killing me. Hate painting them.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Good news folks! The OP will be updated with the spreadsheet so you can check your progress as you see fit. Any questions regarding it feel free to PM me or leave a post in this thread.

:siren: MAY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: Schmetterling!
http://orokos.com/roll/300575

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: MOTHS!
http://orokos.com/roll/300578

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: WhiteOutMouse!
http://orokos.com/roll/300580

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes, click here and go to the bottom of the first post in the Oath Thread Season 6 thread.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Wooo! And we're off!

and all you goons waiting for the Season 5 Grand Prize selection...go here NOW: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&pagenumber=71&perpage=40#post446517215

we've got the Top 10 plus the Grand Prize selection!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

lovestick posted:

:siren: MAY PRIZE DRAW :siren:
And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: WhiteOutMouse!
http://orokos.com/roll/300580

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
To CLAIM your prizes, click here and go to the bottom of the first post in the Oath Thread Season 6 thread.
I guess I should contact Iris of Ether instead of krushgroove? Am I allowed to pick the Exaulted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh? I see some wording of small and large size prizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I think the Exalted Seeker was chosen by a Season 5 Grab Bag winner, but drop Iris of Ether a PM to make sure :)

Also, do I still owe you a Troll Trader prize from last season?

• Locked thread