Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Valeyard posted:

uwe bowls kickstarter failed and he went nuts i guess, or this is some joke i dont get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQJwEAqzFs4&hd=1

just a heads-up, the picture on the right is from the lowtax boxing match. the man has a framed picture of him beating up some weird nerd on the wall of his house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

oh lord

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Glorgnole posted:

just a heads-up, the picture on the right is from the lowtax boxing match. the man has a framed picture of him beating up some weird nerd on the wall of his house.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Glorgnole posted:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Glorgnole posted:

holy poo poo

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i mean, it is a cool picture of him in a boxing arena. you can't tel lthat he's beating up a nerd

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

daft punk railroad posted:

why didnt they call it SpaceXXX

armadildo aerospace

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Glorgnole posted:

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

armadildo aerospace

nice

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

armadildo aerospace

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

armadildo areolaspace

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

hmm ...3

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

armadildo aerospace

i fought this boss in megaman x2

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Glorgnole posted:

i would put my crowning achievement on the wall of my house, too

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Suspicious Dish posted:

i would put my crowning achievement on the wall of my house, too

your RHAT resignation letter?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

your RHAT resignation letter?

nah, that time i wrote an x server in javascript

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Suspicious Dish posted:

nah, that time i wrote an x server in javascript

every day when i accidentally make eye contact with someone and i don't know what to say i shout 'i know the guy who did the x windowing system in javascript he used to work here!" and then run out of the elevator

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...on-kickstarter/

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

daft punk railroad posted:

is it actually possible to get a boner in zero gravity

yes, also human reproduction works just fine in zero-g

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

thanks, soviets, for doin some whack rear end research

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i wanna nut in a soviet space woman

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/26/4559836/kickstarter-funded-board-game-cancelled-after-raising-over-100000

ftc going after crowdfunders who defraud their 'customers'

regulators droppin bombs on kickstarterstan

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
was that link supposed to be to a more recent article

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

huh, didn't catch the date

IGNORE ME

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
you probably meant to post this which is an update from the FCC real recently http://kotaku.com/for-the-first-time-ever-the-federal-trade-commission-h-1710644793

basically he was screwed financially anyway and blew the money on other stuff

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

you probably meant to post this which is an update from the FCC real recently http://kotaku.com/for-the-first-time-ever-the-federal-trade-commission-h-1710644793

basically he was screwed financially anyway and blew the money on other stuff

thank you yodzilla.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

quote:

Under the settlement order, Chevalier is prohibited from making misrepresentations about any crowdfunding campaign and from failing to honor stated refund policies.

i've always wondered what this means. like isn't that stuff illegal anyway? does it mean 'if we catch this again we're going to gently caress you harder than we normally would'?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

i've always wondered what this means. like isn't that stuff illegal anyway? does it mean 'if we catch this again we're going to gently caress you harder than we normally would'?

its kinda like a plea deal where you accept probation and suspended sentence on the condition that you don't do anything like that again. if you do you have to serve out the suspended sentence. supposedly the same thing here except with money because its a civil matter

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

its kinda like a plea deal where you accept probation and suspended sentence on the condition that you don't do anything like that again. if you do you have to serve out the suspended sentence. supposedly the same thing here except with money because its a civil matter

makes sense

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

armadildo aerospace

cornhole space program

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryandewey/this-is-the-first-true-sea-salt-from-oceans-that-d/description

i can't even figure out if I like "4th wave sea salt" or "look at the networked nature of a supply chain to see how it collapse geography" more

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Vicas posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryandewey/this-is-the-first-true-sea-salt-from-oceans-that-d/description

i can't even figure out if I like "4th wave sea salt" or "look at the networked nature of a supply chain to see how it collapse geography" more

im the sea salt from the cleveland area

also the hashtag #tastemysalt and the sense of place by mouth :allears:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Virion posted:

im the sea salt from the cleveland area

also the hashtag #tastemysalt and the sense of place by mouth :allears:

Lake Erie is actually saltwater, kept replenished by the tears of Cleveland and buffalo fans

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theflyingexecutive posted:

Lake Erie is actually saltwater, kept replenished by the tears of Cleveland and buffalo fans

instead of the plate they need to encourage roasting the Erie brine, much like the cuyahoga before a harvest on its banks and shores

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I take it lebron lost again huh

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

there's historically a ~1% chance for a city to suck this hard at championships for half a century

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

yes

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1133385494/leanchair-the-portable-reclining-standing-desk

want a standing desk but you're too lazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i'm not really sure, but i think some of the health benefits of standing desks come from the act of balancing yourself and the micro-movements and therefore calorie burn associated with that. if you're leaning against something you basically do no balancing and no moving so the only benefit is you're compacting your knees instead of you spine? idk

• Locked thread