Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Metapod posted:

So who is playing mizzou in the sec championship game this year? Bama?

Everyone's hyping up Auburn vs Ohio State as the title game so Malzahn will probably struggle to make a bowl game

Dan Mullen sucks

Hugh Freeze sucks

Burt scares me

Aggie has to overcome 59-0

... probably Bama yeah. Unless Derrick Henry gets hurt in which case we are fuuuucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

Take your pick of:

-A&M
-Arkansas
-Auburn
-Bama
-LSU
-Ole Miss
-Mississippi State

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bama's road slate is UGA, aTm, Miss. State, and Auburn. Not the easiest.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

D.N. Nation posted:

Bama's road slate is UGA, aTm, Miss. State, and Auburn. Not the easiest.

Don't forget the neutral site game with Wisconsin.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vikingstrike posted:

The only thing I have faith in is Georgia tripping over its own feet at least once a season but probably more.

This is pretty much how I feel too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Metapod posted:

:negative:

Obama's America.....

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
wtf weird double post, my bad

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Raku posted:

Everyone's hyping up Auburn vs Ohio State as the title game so Malzahn will probably struggle to make a bowl game

Dan Mullen sucks

Hugh Freeze sucks

Burt scares me

Aggie has to overcome 59-0

... probably Bama yeah. Unless Derrick Henry gets hurt in which case we are fuuuucked.

Hugh Freeze does dumb poo poo sometimes and isn't perfect but he's a pretty good coach in general.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

D.N. Nation posted:

Boston College 20, Georgia 16

lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I just got reminded of Jeff Jagodzinski, who was actually kind of ok at BC, good by BC standards at least. They fired him for interviewing for the Jets job before Rex Ryan was hired, then he went on to be OC for the Bucs. Then he was a head coach in the UFL for a year. Out of coaching for a year then he was a WR coach at Ave Maria University of all places (NAIA school), and since 2013 he's been the OC at Georgia State.

Talk about a fall from grace, you go from being an actual candidate for an NFL head coaching job--I mean at least they thought enough of him to bring him in for an interview--to loving Ave Maria WR coach. Which seems even more embarrassing than just being out of a job.

e: poo poo he was fired before ever OCing a real game with the Bucs, I'd forgotten about that too.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 11, 2015

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

They should let the Ivy League play in FBS. I want to become a Yale fan.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Thread too quiet (and too nice) lately. Here's a list:

Athlon 2015 Head Coach Rankings

Let's rip into this list, then rip into each other for our opinions. I'll start: Jim Harbaugh is a cool coach, but ranking him at #4 nationally is loving stupid at this point.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Richt's first year after inheriting Jim Donnan's handiwork. I'd give him a pass.

Also it was in the Music City Bowl so I doubt anybody gave a poo poo.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Let's rip into this list, then rip into each other for our opinions. I'll start: Jim Harbaugh is a cool coach, but ranking him at #4 nationally is loving stupid at this point.

"There’s not a coach in the nation doing more with less every year"
-Article

Obviously 4 coaches above him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Maxwells Demon posted:

-Article

I mean, either you anoint him the greatest coach ever or put him around there. There are built in recruiting problems in Manhattan, KS obviously but the fact that I knew who they were talking about without looking says something.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Maxwells Demon posted:

-Article

I don't think that's an inaccurate summation of Snyder. I'd like to see him for a couple of years with 'Bama/Oregon-type talent just to see if that's the only thing that separates him from the God-tier coaches.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Mike London is the only coach in the bottom 40 with five years at his current school in I-A.

Basically Craig Littlepage is insane.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Every Big-12 coach is overrated on that list by like at least 20 spots.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sash! posted:

They should let the Ivy League play in FBS. I want to become a Yale fan.

you know you're allowed to root for fcs teams right, hell i do it all the time

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Alouicious posted:

you know you're allowed to root for fcs teams right, hell i do it all the time

Then Georgia Southern had to go ruin that for me by moving up.

Go Montana then I guess.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

C2C - 2.0 posted:

briles over snyder :psyduck:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

Briles (and Peterson) shouldn't even be in the top 20.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fitz at 37, lol.

Also, Beckman at 88 is still too high. I admit I went to that page, searched for fitz and beckman, and then closed it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Grittybeard posted:

I just got reminded of Jeff Jagodzinski, who was actually kind of ok at BC, good by BC standards at least. They fired him for interviewing for the Jets job before Rex Ryan was hired, then he went on to be OC for the Bucs. Then he was a head coach in the UFL for a year. Out of coaching for a year then he was a WR coach at Ave Maria University of all places (NAIA school), and since 2013 he's been the OC at Georgia State.

Talk about a fall from grace, you go from being an actual candidate for an NFL head coaching job--I mean at least they thought enough of him to bring him in for an interview--to loving Ave Maria WR coach. Which seems even more embarrassing than just being out of a job.

e: poo poo he was fired before ever OCing a real game with the Bucs, I'd forgotten about that too.

UGA isn't exactly in awful company for this, though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcRgYV7cObk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGaelnIDIOM

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Les Miles seems way too far down that list, lousy last year aside.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

Les Miles seems way too far down that list, lousy last year aside.

Eh, we'll see. There have been some position issues, but the fact remains that between the talent & position coaches, LSU shouldn't dip too far.

Meanwhile, it really reads like a bit of a Johnny-come-Lately list. No way loving Richt or even the two Mississippi coaches that good.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ryan Switzer is the poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdARTHa_LTo

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Metapod posted:

Briles owns, but I don't understand that ranking either. If you wanna talk about a coach that "does more with less blah blah (talking point here)", Snyder is the poster child.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Fitz at 37, lol.

McElwain at 54. :stare:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I guess if you're measuring things like "Explosive viewing entertainment" as part of the best coaching criteria then Briles beats Snyder.

If you're actually measuring the loving coaching, Snyder should be no lower than #3 behind Saban and Meyer. In terms of "results per unit resources investment" Snyder should be #s 1, 2, and 3, and then arrange the remaining coaches.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Nick Saban could probably get a top 10 recruiting class at Kansas tho

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Tubs at 41... yikes.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Kind of doubleposting on this but remember when we lost to UCF before they were good lol

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raku posted:

Nick Saban could probably get a top 10 recruiting class at Kansas tho

only one way to find out

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sash! posted:

only one way to find out

I dislike this idea.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

only one way to find out

I'm down

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

N: The committee coordinating a bowl game in Austin punted to 2016. Coordinator says they need more time to rally support.
V: Seems like whoever approved this just rubber stamped a bill of goods. Everyone here looks dumb.

Link

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The logic behind those rankings seems super flimsy which I guess makes sense since it's, you know, a list ranking human beings. I'm obviously biased but Mora being 35th is pretty funny, especially considering how highly they ranked Graham and RichRod. I don't think Mora should be in the top 10 or anything, but being 20+ spots lower than Graham seems super arbitrary considering both of their blurbs basically just say "Won the Pac-12 South once, tied for second two other years" and Mora's recruited better and didn't have prior college experience before coming to UCLA and turning our entire program around.

I guess what I'm really saying is holy poo poo is football on yet I am going insane.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jim Harbaugh > Dan Snyder

Gary Patterson > Bob Stoops

James Franklin > Les Miles

Brett Bielema > Mike Gundy

Charlie Strong > Dabo Swinney

This list is poo poo. Literal human poo poo from rear end. What a turd of a webpage. Really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Metapod posted:

Tenn will win the East.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

That Works posted:

This list is poo poo. Literal human poo poo from rear end. What a turd of a webpage. Really.

It's like they're building the list as they remember coaches names...

Scarf fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 11, 2015

• Locked thread