Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Any explanation for those who don't get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Supraluminal posted:

Rand Paul looks like a Fisher Price toy phone, and the joke is that he looks like a more upscale business phone with new hair.

How anybody could ever forget that joke is beyond me. Every time I see a picture of Rand Paul I am forcibly reminded of it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Supraluminal posted:

I pointed out a while back that Randpaul looked like a toy phone and it stuck. Now that he's been given the Evan Bayh treatment he's a grown-rear end adult phone you'd find in an unassuming cubicle somewhere.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

FAUXTON posted:

I pointed out a while back that Randpaul looked like a toy phone and it stuck. Now that he's been given the Evan Bayh treatment he's a grown-rear end adult phone you'd find in an unassuming cubicle somewhere.

Rand Paul: a phony on multiple fronts.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

bartlebyshop posted:

He reminds me of all the physicists I know who spend their days dealing with a bunch of particles that collectively all want the same thing and talk about how the economy and stock market just aren't that complicated, why haven't we just tried a flat tax yet?

Which physicists have you been talking to? Don't think I've seen a lot of libertarians in my department.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ErIog posted:

Rand Paul: a phony on multiple fronts.

Beloved by children who hear exactly what they want to hear from him.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gatts posted:

I hope Hillary wins. I hope she has an affair with Monica. I hope she gives a press conference admitting it and Bill is behind her giving a lip bite and thumbs up when she says she rocked her world. I hope...

Hillary nailed Huma Abedin. She don't need no Monica.:v:

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Which physicists have you been talking to? Don't think I've seen a lot of libertarians in my department.

Most physicists aren't libertarians but the ones that are, are really loud about it.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

wow

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

OctoberBlues posted:

This made me wonder what Rand Paul might look like with, say, Marco Rubio's hair.

Can't wait to see Rand Paul as Petyr Baelish. "Chaos is a ladder" indeed.

:sbahj:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mo_Steel posted:

Can't wait to see Rand Paul as Petyr Baelish. "Chaos is a ladder" indeed.

You can call him Littleringer.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

FAUXTON posted:

Ahahahahaha

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

This made me wonder what Rand Paul might look like with, say, Marco Rubio's hair.

I'm.... not quite sure what to make of it.

Better Call Paul.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

FAUXTON posted:

U on fire tonight m8

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

No, sir, I do believe that it is this that is :sbahj:

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

The Shortest Path posted:

Better Call Paul.

That looks like Paul's hair melded itself to Adam Sandler's head.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

"Look around you, we're all liars here, and every one of us is better than you. "

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Mr Hootington posted:

Hey New New Hampshire goons! I found your campaign appearance tracker. If anyone from that state wants to go some campaign stops and bring back a trip report that would be cool.

I want to try my hand at find campaign speechs or interviews from the day before. If nobody gives a poo poo or wants me to stop just say so.
Here is Carly Fiorina's campaign speech in New Boston, NH.
A bit of Carson in Urbandale Link at bottom of the article for the speech audio.

Jeb Bush is touring Europe and started it off with a speech in Berlin

All of this below is from PJTV. They are very right wing independent media who seem to be roaming some of the gatherings. All of the below are from 6/6. The guy asks a few crazy questions that make the candidates wonder WTF.
Fiorina on why democrats are the most sexist party. Happened at the roast and ride.
Fiorina interview
Ben Carson at Des Moines farmers market 6/6 before the Roast and Ride
Marco Rubio interview
Rick Perry quick interview
Lindsay Graham quick interview

All interviews below are from last night or this morning.
Rick Santorum appeared on the THe Glenn Beck program this morning
Huckabee on Mornings with Maria. I think today.
Rick Perry on Mornings with Maria. I guess it was this morning
Lindsay Graham tells off Hannity last night.
George Pataki. Who gives a poo poo?
Full Diane Rehm interview with Bernie. Includes the shocking twist!

Ted Cruz gets a key endorsement. Down and to the left. This is a pro click. Click this if you click anything. If your worried about a watch list don't watch this.

It seems Rand Paul said something dumb

If anyone knows of any blogs that gather this information or tips on how to find it that would be great! I may trim the list of candidates I'll post to those who have a shot.

I hope you can find the time to do this every day

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Aliquid posted:

Is it me or are the 2016 campaigns across the board getting a little smarter with humor than in years past?

I don't recall much intentional funny out of Republicans, unless you count when Cruz mocked Biden the day he buried his son.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

FAUXTON posted:

:boom:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Something something A Song of Ice and Fiorina

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

Something something A Song of Ice and Fiorina

Donald Trump: A Song of ISIS and (You're) Fired

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
A song of whites and ire.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mlmp08 posted:

A song of whites and ire.

:golfclap:

E: a song of :rip: Christopher Lee

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 11, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Hootington posted:

Ted Cruz gets a key endorsement. Down and to the left. This is a pro click. Click this if you click anything. If your worried about a watch list don't watch this.

He's like a hick version of the Third Eagle of the Apocalypse. Too bad he doesn't sing songs.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

ErIog posted:

Rand Paul looks like a Fisher Price toy phone, and the joke is that he looks like a more upscale business phone with new hair.

How anybody could ever forget that joke is beyond me. Every time I see a picture of Rand Paul I am forcibly reminded of it.
Greetings.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Buzzfeed posted:

John Perry, a prolific author who co-wrote two books with former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and co-wrote one with Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore, was accused of child molestation in two separate lawsuits, BuzzFeed News has found.

A 2012 police investigation of Perry’s alleged offenses found that “the allegations of sexual battery were sustained” but that the statute of limitations had expired.

In a sworn affidavit submitted during divorce proceedings, Perry’s ex-wife attests that “I filed for divorce as a result of Mr. Perry’s inappropriate marital conduct, to which he admitted to in his Response to Interrogatories numbers 1 and 2.” Throughout the court documents, “inappropriate marital conduct” appears to be a euphemism for the alleged molestation.

Another filing, submitted by Perry’s ex-wife’s attorney earlier in the same proceedings, refers to Perry’s “admitted sexual abuse” of a minor child. Perry’s response to that filing — also submitted prior to his ex-wife’s affidavit — does not deny the abuse, or that Perry admitted it. Instead, Perry claims that “there was never any testimony or other evidence of any kind presented” to the court, “or any orders or findings of fact […] regarding any alleged sexual abuse of any minor child relative to the parties’ divorce or any other legal proceeding …”

A second child molester has hit the Huckabee campaign.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Fox and the New Hampshire Union Leader are both scheduling runner-up debates on August 6. They're both getting around the RNC rules that state that candidates can't participate in unsanctioned debates by calling these "forums" and having the candidates speak one-at-a-time to the crowd rather than a "debate" question-and-answer format. Fox will require the losers to still be polling at least 1%, while the Union Leader is just requiring that they have an "established campaign and staffing". I believe Vermin Supreme qualifies under those criteria! The Union Leader forum will be on C-SPAN.

That means there's going to be something live five hours of "debates" on August 6. :munch:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm.... not quite sure what to make of it.

Tom Delay lookin' good.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Three Olives posted:

Second molester identified touching young campaign.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

FAUXTON posted:

Second molester identified touching young campaign.

Pedophiles can't melt steel bars.

In prison, where they loving belong.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Randy at the bat for the Congressional Baseball game.

His slash line is .200/.200/.200, in case you're curious.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Joementum posted:

"The once-mighty Democratic offense (averaging 15.2 runs per game the past six years) has major holes to fill this year at third base and in the leadoff slot."

Holy poo poo, I should run for congress. They need me.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

I really appreciate that they adjusted the pitching stats to "K/7" and "BB/7" to accomodate the 7-inning game. :allears:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Three Olives posted:

I'm still amazed that there's a statute of limitations number under fifty on molestation and statutory rape.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Joementum posted:

Donald Trump is also touring Europe right now, in that he opened his new golf course in Aberdeenshire today.

Is this the one where he went crying to Scotland's parliament a few years ago about how he would have to take his ball and go home if they allowed a wind farm near his golf course development, and they all laughed at him?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I'm not a baseball stats guy but how do you have a 200/200/200 slash line and a really good "Weighted Runs Created" stat? Is it just noisy because of a small sample or something?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Inferior Third Season posted:

Is this the one where he went crying to Scotland's parliament a few years ago about how he would have to take his ball and go home if they allowed a wind farm near his golf course development, and they all laughed at him?

Grant & Sons gave the Scot who was defying him the Scot of the Year Award.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/trump-scottish-rival-honored-countrymen-article-1.1213338

Trump responded by throwing a fit and banning all Grant &* Sons alcohol from his properties, which he probably can't actually do because he's just a brand and doesn't own much of anything, so it's just usual bluster.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/05/donald-trump-whisky-award

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Three Olives posted:

Remember True Detective, when Rust and Marty's investigation slowly revealed the heights that the pedophile cult reached were somewhere in the governor's mansion? This feels like a real-time version of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Someone in Governor Perry's camp has to be worried that there is now an accused child molest named Perry that is going to be mentioned in conjunction with the Republican primary.

• Locked thread