Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I've never seen a shutout in this game before

Holy poo poo what an awful team.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Good post. The cowardly french myth is ridiculous, and as much a red flag to ignorance as believing that black people are inherently lazy. There are any number of reasons for the French collapse, and while the general populace (perfectly understandably in 1939) didn't have much stomach for a repetition of what they endured to hold the line in WWI, the courage of the French soldiers isn't one of them.

It's difficult to comprehend for most people in the west now, especially Americans who have never been seriously threatened with invasion, let alone fought a war of national defence, but France went through some truly apocalyptic poo poo to survive let alone win WWI, and I don't particularly blame anyone who, having lived through it, wanted to surrender in preference to living it again.

It really is amazing how pervasive that myth is. Well both myths, I hear them all the time living in the south :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hellsau posted:

I thought Witch dryish was a dirty Frenchman? Also Witchfetish autocorrected to witch dryish so I'm gonna keep that there.

It's possible for several people to be utterly depraved, and I'm glad to say that chumbly (aka GiantHurtBall aka MargaretThatcherFuta) is at least on my level in depravation.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Good post. The cowardly french myth is ridiculous, and as much a red flag to ignorance as believing that black people are inherently lazy. There are any number of reasons for the French collapse, and while the general populace (perfectly understandably in 1939) didn't have much stomach for a repetition of what they endured to hold the line in WWI, the courage of the French soldiers isn't one of them.

It's difficult to comprehend for most people in the west now, especially Americans who have never been seriously threatened with invasion, let alone fought a war of national defence, but France went through some truly apocalyptic poo poo to survive let alone win WWI, and I don't particularly blame anyone who, having lived through it, wanted to surrender in preference to living it again.

I completely agree with you, but that still doesn't mean you can't talk poo poo about them.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Absolutely, but we should still keep clear of that category of smack talk, if purely for pragmatic reasons. We can never have enough lithmus tests for instant shithead detection.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

The Southern Dandy posted:

I completely agree with you, but that still doesn't mean you can't talk poo poo about them.

Oh indeed. Why do you think we keep naming things after this glorious motherfucker:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
JohnGalt, we'll see how the remainder of the campaign goes, but holy poo poo there are a LOT less clans playing this campaign. Hopefully we'll make it to the later stages of the campaign and make a shitton more fame than all the poo poo clans, but PINGU landed on three zones and got five fights. I have no idea if it'll be possible to get both of us in the top 2500, but I'll try.

The good news is we'll either get the licenses because our clan did good and therefore won't have to pay 12000 gold, or we won't even get enough fame to get into the top 2500 for the tank. Fun!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Ghosting is a pretty lovely thing to do, even if clanmates are on the other team. Trytoohards ghost.

"Ghosting?" :confused:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Atomizer posted:

"Ghosting?" :confused:

You're dead, your friends are on the enemy team, you tell the enemy what your idiots are doing. Don't do this if you have human beings on your team (you won't).

e: oh also stream sniping. If some stupid gently caress on the enemy team advertises their stream in allchat at the start of the match, immediately open their stream on another monitor and tell your teammates what his team is doing. Make sure to mention that everyone should report the streamer for revealing allied positions - setting a delay isn't that drat hard, or just leave the advertising for the end.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Arishtat posted:

Did the weekend start early this week or did school let out somewhere and no one told me?

This team was redder than a bloody tampon and the others that I've been stuck on this evening aren't much better.

Summer is apparently on....
If I look on my win rate it basically stays still or goes back during vacations.
Does Fallout 4 come out this summer, so I can take a break from this lovely game?

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Good post. The cowardly french soldiers surrender again.
I compressed your post as a good Englishman would read it. Also Mexicans are lazy, while " to work like a friend of the family" is a phrase I grew up with denoting to work hard.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

You're dead, your friends are on the enemy team, you tell the enemy what your idiots are doing. Don't do this if you have human beings on your team (you won't).

e: oh also stream sniping. If some stupid gently caress on the enemy team advertises their stream in allchat at the start of the match, immediately open their stream on another monitor and tell your teammates what his team is doing. Make sure to mention that everyone should report the streamer for revealing allied positions - setting a delay isn't that drat hard, or just leave the advertising for the end.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, that sounds like something we would do. :)

Also, I stream snipe Sela every single time. :D

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Good stuff, I didn't realize/remember that the French infrantry had issues supporting their tanks. You all should read "To Lose a Battle", it is a very comprehensive book on the Battle of France and reading about the French government and generals is pure :smith:

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
I've played many games of tanks, but I think the T20 is probably one of the finest I've played. There's literally nothing the tank can't do. This wasn't a remarkable game but apparently, it was enough to get my Third MoE

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Uuuuhhh, the shittiness of the french is a myth? Wat. You ever been to ts, mate?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Atal Vataman posted:

Uuuuhhh, the shittiness of the french is a myth? Wat. You ever been to ts, mate?

In Monster Hunter 4U, if somebody dies within the first five minutes they typically have an auto-death message as "Pardon..." which lets you know goddamnit another loving french player died 5 minutes in how are you even this bad

Every single time

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
so i googled this monster hunter thing, and it looks like some sort of disgusting anime game. you should feel bad for having played it, whatever it is

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Atal Vataman posted:

so i googled this monster hunter thing, and it looks like some sort of disgusting anime game. you should feel bad for having played it, whatever it is

I feel bad playing any game, they're for children

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
good, me too! self-loathing is healthy for a goon tbqf

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Zanziabar posted:

I've played many games of tanks, but I think the T20 is probably one of the finest I've played. There's literally nothing the tank can't do. This wasn't a remarkable game but apparently, it was enough to get my Third MoE

Grats on the 3rd mark. I should be unlocking the T20 in a day or two. Looking forward to it.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Atal Vataman posted:

That's just witch fetish.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Haquer posted:

I've never seen a shutout in this game before

Holy poo poo what an awful team.

Oh the disappointments that await you in the future.. if only you knew.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

WayAbvPar posted:

I think they are just backing/publishing. The actual loving up of the game has been entrusted to some place in South America. You know, the hotbed of PC game development.

Hahaha developed in some fucksville in South America very likely Brazil or some bs.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

Hahaha developed in some fucksville in South America very likely Brazil or some bs.

Yes, in fact it is being developed here in Uberlândia, Brazil home to famous game developers with well recognized CCC titles you may already be familiar with. For example recent hits on the Sega Dreamcast redux - "Dude, Where's My Snatch?" or "Vamos a Crusar la Frontera" where you play as a Mexican coyote and your goal is to get as many illegals across the Texas border while not getting caught and making tons of cash.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 11, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Zanziabar posted:

Enemy IS-3 named pulledpork greatest thing ever.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Enemy IS-3 named pulledpork greatest thing ever.

You have low standards for greatness.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

You have low standards for greatness.

Just a fondness for pulledpork sandwhiches.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
With or without extra sauce?

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Coleslaw motherfucker

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Coleslaw motherfucker

:barf:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Coleslaw motherfucker

On the sandwich? Go on.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

demonR6 posted:

With or without extra sauce?

Normal amount on the sandwich, extra sauce on side for dipping.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Coleslaw is great on pulled pork sandwiches. That's, like, standard practice. It's delicious. But if you want the best version of the sandwich, you need to be sure to use the vinegar-based eastern north carolina sauce, not that tomato-based crap.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Zanziabar posted:

I need to start cycling through my premiums so I can afford a T20. I elited my Easy 8 a long time ago and unlocked the T20, but I keep blowing my money on equipment and modules.

edit: I was just looking at the T20 and Easy 8 side by side in Tank Compare and wow... I really want a T20. Shouldn't take too long to save up another 400k or so on top of the credits I have now.

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 11, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You know my end goal here is to have someone read this and wig out because "WHY ARE YOU EATING IT THAT WAY YOU HEATHEN?!"

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I refuse to eat anything named 'slaw'.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

demonR6 posted:

On the sandwich? Go on.

If you ever see the term "Tennessee style" on the menu at your BBQ place, that's what you'll get

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue_sandwich#Tennessee

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I was never a fan of cole slaw until I had this sandwich a local deli makes that uses it. It's a home made recipe that was really good, but still I only ever eat it when I have that sandwich because otherwise I don't touch it.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

Coleslaw is great on pulled pork sandwiches. That's, like, standard practice. It's delicious. But if you want the best version of the sandwich, you need to be sure to use the vinegar-based eastern north carolina sauce, not that tomato-based crap.
No, no. Carolina BBQ is not good.

Also, cole slaw on pulled pork sammiches is not good.

Why would anyone want to water down their pulled pork sandwich with lawn clippings? It's a PULLED PORK sandwich, not a watery mayo cabbage and pork sandwich.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Uranium 235 posted:

Are you a Texas-stlye purist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Uranium 235 posted:

drat yankee's don't know what you're talking about. Also, I'm not actually from the south.