Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Untagged posted:

Anytime you want baby. :quagmire:.

You know where to find me :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Heard from a current agent that it might happen soon, and USPS finally posted for an opening at OIG.. :bandwagon:

***Current 1811's only. :classiclol:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I'm the lowest paid copgoon, I do it for free.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Untagged posted:

Heard from a current agent that it might happen soon, and USPS finally posted for an opening at OIG.. :bandwagon:

***Current 1811's only. :classiclol:

USPS 1811 literally the coolest 1811 gig that no one has heard of.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I've seen a few 1811 and 1801 gigs pop up in my weekly USAJob's email that have raised an eyebrow or 2.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Whip Slagcheek posted:

A neighbor of mine does it. Works mostly from home, has a sweet G ride, makes like $110K plus a year, has a smoking hot wife.

What's not to love about it.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Whip Slagcheek posted:

lol yea if you like getting voicemails about people's mail getting stolen

Its better than most gigs but I wouldn't say it's the best

edit: *looks at USAJobs* gently caress.

Homie S fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 11, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Branis posted:

minnesota cop jobs pay though. I'll stay in dullsburg for 20 an hour starting.

I make 72K/yr in suburban AZ not counting bonuses as a PI just doing background checks all day for 7-11, used car dealerships and McDonalds

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I make 72K/yr in suburban AZ not counting bonuses as a PI just doing background checks all day for 7-11, used car dealerships and McDonalds

I wouldn't even know what to do with 72k.

Branis probably can't count that high.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 11, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Booblord Zagats posted:

I have made some poor loving life choices, goddamn.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

If you tried to do PI work on the side here the state certification agency would fry your creds. I've been asked by law firms to do legal research on public records and even that was border line a no no.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
You guys can run checks on people for 3rd parties? Thats a prison sentence over here. They are on that poo poo like a tubby girl on battenburg, apparently they even have some sort of program that checks you never run a search on any of your own social network contacts.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I wouldn't even know what to do with 72k.

Branis probably can't count that high.

Hey, i'll have you know that I have an associates degree* so i'm educated

* in law enforcement

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

You guys can run checks on people for 3rd parties? Thats a prison sentence over here. They are on that poo poo like a tubby girl on battenburg, apparently they even have some sort of program that checks you never run a search on any of your own social network contacts.

We can't use our law enforcement system for non-law enforcement reasons. People can and do get in big trouble for running poo poo on the side, or checking to see where a hot chick lives, etc. If you do PI work you have to use the same resources available to most people. The reason they frown upon cops doing any of that work in this state is probably a random official answer about conflicts of interest, but probably mostly because they worry people will get lazy and use the cop system without the leg work.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

pov

Do you go to the office or work from home?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Reign Of Pain posted:

pov

Do you go to the office or work from home?

Office, but it'ls a half mile away and I make my own hours

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
are you lookin to take on a crusty ex cop with a drinking problem and a soft spot for damsels in distress?
will provide my own hat, coat and 1911.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Part one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8ZTKU8csw

Part two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eihPJ7BTkTw

I'm enjoying these chaps just laughing at the pissed bloke. Also gently caress that one cup in particular.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Too bad the announcement is for one position and requires GS-13 experience to apply.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

22.75 starting for corrections :smug:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Thats cause nobody will stay and they can't hire quality applicants because nobody wants to work in corrections.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Branis posted:

Thats cause nobody will stay and they can't hire quality applicants because nobody wants to work in corrections.

I guess Ill fit right in then

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Branis posted:

are you lookin to take on a crusty ex cop with a drinking problem and a soft spot for damsels in distress?
will provide my own hat, coat and 1911.

I have a double action Taurus, revolvers 4 lyfe, son

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

:barf:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I bet it's a taurus judge. You should be ashamed of yourself. Real man would carry a ruger redhawk in in a shoulder holster.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

It's been great, but I'll admit I've been eyeing a Mateba Model 6 to replace it

Branis posted:

I bet it's a taurus judge. You should be ashamed of yourself. Real man would carry a ruger redhawk in in a shoulder holster.

Worse, Taurus imported and remade in to a Rossi. And I keep it holstered under the dash of my Infiniti, there's really no reason to keep one on my person unless I'm out hiking during snake season

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 13, 2015

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Some kid at the checkout stand bagging groceries saw my glock hat. He said he wants to get his first handgun. "I'm thinking about the Taurus Judge".

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's been great, but I'll admit I've been eyeing a Mateba Model 6 to replace it

Worse, Taurus imported and remade in to a Rossi. And I keep it holstered under the dash of my Infiniti, there's really no reason to keep one on my person unless I'm out hiking during snake season

Please don't leave guns in your car. Just don't do that. Ever. Thanks.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Please don't leave guns in your car. Just don't do that. Ever. Thanks.

That's basically the only place you can legally leave it thanks to our ridiculous concealed carry law.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mike-o posted:

Some kid at the checkout stand bagging groceries saw my glock hat. He said he wants to get his first handgun. "I'm thinking about the Taurus Judge".

You wore a Glock hat in public.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Whip Slagcheek posted:

You wore a Glock hat in public. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

That's basically the only place you can legally leave it thanks to our ridiculous concealed carry law.

Well sure unless, you get a concealed carry permit?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I know the glock hat is pretty dumb, but its a memento from an old CO of mine who was pretty cool.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Don't justify yourself mike, wearing a glock hat is perfectly acceptable. Don't let Whip " ITS NOT A FEDORA ITS A TRILLBY" Slagcheek tell you any different.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
wearing gun manufacturer branding out in public is weird and douchey

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The "Hey everybody I'm carrying a semiautomatic handgun above my rear end" hat

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Equine Don posted:

The "Hey everybody I'm carrying a semiautomatic handgun above my rear end" hat

Only slightly more obvious than the "hey criminal shoot me first during the hold up" fanny pack

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Well sure unless, you get a concealed carry permit?

No you don't understand.

- You can't even OWN a gun in Illinois unless you have a firearm owners ID card.
- You can't transport a firearm unless you 1) have a firearm ID card and 2) the weapon is broken down in a case
- You can conceal carry with both a firearm owners ID card AND a conceal carry license
- You cannot conceal carry in the following places:
(1) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a public or private elementary or secondary school.
(2) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a pre-school or child care facility
(3) Any building, parking area, or portion of a building under the control of an officer of the executive or legislative branch of government
(4) Any building designated for matters before a circuit court, appellate court, or the Supreme Court
(5) Any building or portion of a building under the control of a unit of local government.
(6) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of an adult or juvenile detention or correctional institution, prison, or jail.
(7) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a public or private hospital or hospital affiliate, mental health facility, or nursing home.
(8) Any bus, train, or form of transportation paid for in whole or in part with public funds, and any building, real property, and parking area of a public transportation facility.
(9) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of an establishment that serves >50% alcohol on its premises.
(10) Any public gathering or special event conducted on property open to the public that requires the issuance of a permit from the unit of local government
(11) Any building or real property that has been issued a Special Event Retailer's license as defined in Section 1-3.17.1 of the Liquor Control Act
(12) Any public playground.
(13) Any public park, athletic area, or athletic facility under the control of a municipality or park district
(14) Any real property under the control of the Cook County Forest Preserve District.
(15) Any building or any real property, including parking areas, sidewalks, and common areas under the control of a public or private college or university.
(16) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of a gaming facility
(17) Any stadium, arena, or the real property or parking area under the control of a stadium, arena, or any collegiate or professional sporting event.
(18) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of a public library.
(19) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of an airport.
(20) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of an amusement park.
(21) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of a zoo or museum.
(22) Any street, driveway, parking area, property, building, or facility, owned, leased, controlled, or regulated by the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
(23) Any area where firearms are prohibited under federal law.

Also, ANY private business or organization can place a "Firearms Prohibited" sign on their property or building and it is enforceable by law. Basically any place you'd want to go, such as a restaurant, a store, a supermarket, a gas station, has these signs posted.

If you go into any of those areas, the only place you can legally leave your firearm is in your car.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 13, 2015

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Uhm excuse me, if its so hard to have a gun in Illinois why are there so many gun-related deaths in Chicago????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

• Locked thread