Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cabbagepots posted:

When does this game come out

CBoyardee would you be interested in writing for GigaMaidens because I'd be glad to have you. Reply to this post if interested.

I'd just like to stress that this post is completely in earnest. If you got time, I got time, so let's go over some story stuff together CBoyardee. Feel free to just shoot me an email at tokotigerjosh@gmail.com and together we'll write the greatest anime epic since Tentacolino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Please come work for me at Cargo Cult Games. I need somebody to manage payouts to gaming journalism websites that haven't seen my game yet but will write previews saying it's revolutionary.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
"8.4 / 10" --Vidcons Monthly

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The most important review is the one from Conitsu: 36/40.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Are the ToG'sters worried over Steam's new refund policy?

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
Will there be any important Barkley 2 announcements at E3 this year?

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Treebeh posted:

Fixed

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

Treebeh posted:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Treebeh posted:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Yes there will be cement at e3

I can't wait for the 5102 release of Barkley 2.

Maybe bundle it with a station 37 and mountain of debt re-release??? :aaa:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

quakster posted:

The intro is a wall of text that goes on for Two Hours and one second and locks you from going back to steam to get a refund until it's too late.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Blackheart posted:

The intro is a wall of text that goes on for Two Hours and one second and locks you from going back to steam to get a refund until it's too late.

Well what do you expect from only 3 years of development time?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

quakster posted:

Blackheart posted:

This is how it goes.

Barkley 2 news? Uhh....

Last few weeks have been spent removing all the bugs from any and all NPC/Quest interactions in Tir na Nog. I haven't checked how much of the remaining problems were solved while I was having my Zzzzz B-Ball Zzzzz but either they are already fixed or will be fixed today.

We also have this weather system planned out and mostly working too. If you ever played Final Fantasy X, you might recall that stupid, really loving awful minigame where you had to dodge lightning 100000 times in a row with no margin for error. It's just like that. You also have to use the Custom Moisture System (CMS) to keep yourself from getting a cold if you get soaked in a rain or gulp some grapejuice to avoid dehydration if you remain in dry locations for too long. If you venture to areas with thunderstorms or strong winds without wearing earmuffs you'll get tinnitus for the rest of the game. The game will just play this annoying constant beep sound and there is no way to cure it. Music and sound effects will play at 25% of their normal volume whereas the tinnitus sound keeps getting louder.

What we hope to achieve with this Custom Weather System (CWS) is to make Barkley 2 just super annoying and impossible to play or enjoy.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
By now I am loving 100% convinced you are the guy who got the "pretend you're a dev" prize. 100%. In actuality the game stopped development like 2 years ago and you've been posting fake updates ever since. Either that or you are actually pretending you are that guy and you actually have no affiliation with the game whatsoever, which would actually be more impressive. I'm not gonna believe a goddamn word from this thread until the game is released in 2020, which I think is pretty optimistic at this point.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
if laz has been faking his tog affiliation this whole time then he'd better have super banana nababa to show for it

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I believe. I believe that I will play Barkley 2 in my lifetime.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Chas McGill posted:

I believe. I believe that I will play Barkley 2 in my lifetime.

Heh... better start up a rigorous exercise routine and move to a super healthy diet.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Can you eat an orange to avoid scurvy?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Gortarius posted:

Heh... better start up a rigorous exercise routine and move to a super healthy diet.

I am well stocked with Pocky and Ramune.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

While I am confident this apocalyptic pile of garbage won't be released in my lifetime, I am concerned that my grandchildren will be forced to endure the horrors of a post-Barkley 2 world. What steps can I take to protect my loved ones from such a horrible fate?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
This oculus rift press conference is getting me excited--can you boys whip up a vr play room to play the game in? Just like a lovely truck stop bathroom and you stick your head in the toilet to see the flat game screen

Basically what they showed with forza

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 11, 2015

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I think the website needs a little updating.

Tales of Games posted:

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa
The year is 666X. A powerful youngster, wise beyond his years, awakens from a B-Ball induced coma aboard the mysterious dwarf space ziggurat Necron 7, held captive by the Malevolent A.I. Cuchulainn. With no memory of who he is or where he came from, he adopts the identity of X114JAM9 and sets off into the Post-Cyberpocalyptic Wasteland in search of the enigmatic Cyberdwarf, the only one who can reveal to him the terrible truth behind his forgotten past and make sense of his harrowing future.

Face your destiny. Find The Cyberdwarf.

Q4 2013

Tales of Games posted:

Q4 2013

http://www.talesofgames.com/game/barkley-2-revenge-of-cuchulainn/

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

maybe your shackled mind needs a little updating to the concept of nonlinear time

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

oddium posted:

maybe your shackled mind needs a little updating to the concept of nonlinear time

You've already haven't said that three times not yet! :rolleyes:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It doesn't say what Era.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Boomstick Quaid posted:

This oculus rift press conference is getting me excited--can you boys whip up a vr play room to play the game in? Just like a lovely truck stop bathroom and you stick your head in the toilet to see the flat game screen

Basically what they showed with forza

This is the exact reason why mother Gia invented second round kickstarters; count me in!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It doesn't say what Era.

If it comes out in the fourth quarter of the 2013th year of the post b-ball apocalypse, my best case scenario is I'm one of those roomba head bots.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
looks like you guys are really pushing to get tir na nog finished. any particular reason why? a new demo at tgs 2017, perhaps?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

owl milk posted:

looks like you guys are really pushing to get tir na nog finished. any particular reason why? a new demo at tgs 2017, perhaps?

Not at liberty to say.

Let the speculations begin....

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/610617012914651137

Safety net for a decade.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
we are living in a world where shenmue 3 will probably come out before barkley 2

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

the barkley 2 hd remake will probably come out before barkley 2

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Chumley posted:

we are living in a world where shenmue 3 will probably come out before barkley 2

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Lord Chumley posted:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
How many of your dads come by the office demanding the money back they gave you guys to keep developing the game?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Yaos posted:

How many of your dads come by the office demanding the money back they gave you guys to keep developing the game?

I'm pretty sure "the office" is one of their dad's basement

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
You should whet our appetites by releasing a playable demo, Barkley 2: Ground Zeroes

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

You should whet our appetites by releasing a playable demo, Barkley 2: Ground Zeroes

What would you think about a demo trilogy?

50$ a piece, then lowered to 45$ after a public outcry. Then during a summer/winter sale on steam we double the price to compensate for a 50% discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I wonder GigaMaidens will both start and finish development before this game comes out.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 20, 2015