Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
I think a lot of people just don't realize that donuts are not as durable as regular tires. You'd think it would be obvious but a lot of people just figure that their spare is like a regular tire, just weird shaped to fit in the trunk. People rarely take the time to read the sides of tires, heck I know people that had no clue how inflated their tires needed to be and was trying to look it up online on their phone before I pointed out that it's printed right on the tire. It really should be at least a mention in drivers ed or something, but I don't ever remember hearing about how to use a donut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

Brotruck rage against a Rolls Royce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCzN1lBvVgA

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It pisses me off to no end that my spare well is too shallow to fit the stock tire size (215/45/R17, not exactly Mustang drag radials), so I'm forever stuck with either the donut or, at best, a full-diameter spare with a narrower section width if I wanna be able to have the trunk floor installed.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ijustam posted:

Brotruck rage against a Rolls Royce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCzN1lBvVgA

For once, I enjoyed the youtube comments

driver of the truck is a complete shithead

Pixelated Dragon
Jan 22, 2007

Do you remember how we used to breathe and watch it
and feel such power and feel such joy, to be ice dragons and be so free. -Noe Venable

ijustam posted:

They're both dingleberries. Brotruck guy even more so.

Pixelated Dragon fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 10, 2015

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
kill all lifted truck drivers

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Scruff McGruff posted:

I think a lot of people just don't realize that donuts are not as durable as regular tires. You'd think it would be obvious but a lot of people just figure that their spare is like a regular tire, just weird shaped to fit in the trunk. People rarely take the time to read the sides of tires, heck I know people that had no clue how inflated their tires needed to be and was trying to look it up online on their phone before I pointed out that it's printed right on the tire. It really should be at least a mention in drivers ed or something, but I don't ever remember hearing about how to use a donut.

Uh the number on the side of the tire is the max psi, the recommended pressures for the vehicle is usually on a sticker in the door jamb or on the door.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

nsaP posted:

Uh the number on the side of the tire is the max psi, the recommended pressures for the vehicle is usually on a sticker in the door jamb or on the door.

The spare at least you do go by sidewall pressure, generally 60 psi.

Normal tires though yeah. I saw terrifying numbers of minivans come in with tires at 60 psi or whatever the sidewall rating was, these carrying full loads of children and cargo. One good pothole and you have a blowout, and probably riding on the middle 1/2" of the tread. And then they bitch when their tires wear to the belts after 4,000 miles (this also applies to the underinflated tires that don't chew the sidewall out first).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Enourmo posted:

The spare at least you do go by sidewall pressure, generally 60 psi.

The spare is also listed on my door jam and it's like 38 psi.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

ijustam posted:

I like how he does the exact same thing to another driver that the Rolls did to him at the beginning. What a loving idiot.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

The new camouflage paint jobs on semi's is terribly dangerous and clearly make them completely invisible, as is clearly shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk9McHAFNXg

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well everyone knows trucks are slow so it's safe to roll out in front of them, you got plenty of time.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I almost got t-boned by someone driving with only a single DRL tonight because I couldn't see him and made a left turn. Next time I'm definitely positioning myself better in that turn lane to see what's coming, but I know I would have seen him with proper headlights on.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
So what's the best way to deal with a guy who is so upset you won't make an unsafe right on a red that they get out of their car and approach you? I got lucky in this instance that the light turned green in the nick of time and nobody ran the red.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

JackDarko posted:

So what's the best way to deal with a guy who is so upset you won't make an unsafe right on a red that they get out of their car and approach you? I got lucky in this instance that the light turned green in the nick of time and nobody ran the red.

Roll the windows up, lock the doors, ignore them, proceed when safe to do so. If they block your ability to safely proceed, call the police.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Been getting this a lot lately: I'll be the last in a line of cars, with one in front of me about two-three seconds. A car in the right lane sees they need to enter my lane. Rather than come off the gas for a few seconds and get in behind me where there is ZERO chance of cutting a car off or worrying about someone speeding up to block, a moron will speed up and jam themselves between me and the car in front. Usually this happens close to a traffic light when everyone is slowing or stopping.

Also for the love of Christ people, full stops before you attempt a right turn on red.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

ijustam posted:

I drive this stretch of highway everyday and trust me when I tell you this is the lowest rung of chuckle-fuckery I see on a near weekly basis. loving L.A.

Pixelated Dragon
Jan 22, 2007

and feel such power and feel such joy, to be ice dragons and be so free. -Noe Venable

JackDarko posted:

What is up with people leaving their vehicles to road rage at other drivers? That happened to me yesterday, except the lady followed me into a Barnes and Noble parking lot. The whole story is on the previous page.

Pixelated Dragon posted:

Road rage incident today.

The speed limit is 45 and I was in the right lane. Some minivan started to turn right on red in front of me while I was in the intersection going 45. She didn't even look. I braked and honked, she stopped in the nick of time, and I still had to swerve to avoid clipping the front of her car.

Whatever, no harm, no foul, right?

She proceeded to ride my rear end all the way to a Barnes and Noble, where I thought I lost her in the parking lot, but she found me and parked a few spaces away. Then she got out of her car and started banging on the driver's side window with her key fob and trying the (thankfully locked) door handle while screaming her head off. I immediately drove away like a bat out of hell and she still tried to chase me on foot!

What in the actual gently caress? It was really scary. I called the police and told them her license plate # but I'm not sure if they'll do anything.

Why the hell did she follow me and get out of her car? How did she know I didn't have a gun or something? Why was she so pissed even though the near-miss was her fault anyway?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Someone gets out of their car to attack me and they're getting run the gently caress over. End of story.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

The Locator posted:

The new camouflage paint jobs on semi's is terribly dangerous and clearly make them completely invisible, as is clearly shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk9McHAFNXg

I know you're joking about HOW DO YOU MISS A loving SEMI but Daimler Trucks North America has a bunch of test mules running around Portland in dazzle camo paint schemes.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

revmoo posted:

Someone gets out of their car to attack me and they're getting run the gently caress over. End of story.

I posted a variation on this on Twitter, regarding a man who had been ripping mirrors off cars and later attempted to rip someone's door off.

Apparently "mental illness is no joke" and I'm a horrible person, but if you attempt to rip bits off my car, I don't really give a gently caress about the why.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
I bring you the best in this week's THANKS OBAMA programming:

quote:

Commercial Driver's License Standards: Application for Exemption; C.R. England, Inc.
FMCSA announces its decision to grant C.R. England, Inc. (C.R. England) an exemption from the provisions in 49 CFR 383.25(a)(1) that require a commercial learner's permit (CLP) holder to be accompanied by a commercial driver's license (CDL) holder with the proper CDL class and endorsements, seated in the front seat of the vehicle while the CLP holder performs behind-the-wheel training on public roads or highways.

After overwhelming support NOT to grant CR England this exemption, the FMCSA grants it.

gently caress this poo poo, I'm going to go hoe loving rice paddies from now on.

Pixelated Dragon
Jan 22, 2007

PT6A posted:

I posted a variation on this on Twitter, regarding a man who had been ripping mirrors off cars and later attempted to rip someone's door off.

Apparently "mental illness is no joke" and I'm a horrible person, but if you attempt to rip bits off my car, I don't really give a gently caress about the why.

One's mental illness does not mean he is not to be held accountable for his behavior.

revmoo posted:

I was secretly hoping I'd run over her foot as I pulled out, but apparently not since she was able to chase me on foot.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Pixelated Dragon posted:

One's mental illness does not mean he is not to be held accountable for his behavior.

Plus if he's mentally ill he'll just be a financial drain on our healthcare system so you're doing a public service running him over. See PT6, now you're not such a horrible person by comparison :)

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Pixelated Dragon posted:

What is up with people leaving their vehicles to road rage at other drivers? That happened to me yesterday, except the lady followed me into a Barnes and Noble parking lot. The whole story is on the previous page.

What really kills me about this is how the road rage usually started because they were in a loving hurry. Oh NOW you have time to gently caress around and go pick a fight? You were tailgating/running reds/passing illegally just a god drat second ago!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
My favorite is catching up to speeder/road rager/rear end in a top hat at the next light or stop sign or whatever. Driving like a dick rarely pays off.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Protocol7 posted:

My favorite is catching up to speeder/road rager/rear end in a top hat at the next light or stop sign or whatever. Driving like a dick rarely pays off.
Especially if the light they're sat at changes to green just as you trundle up to it and roll through, never having to touch your brakes.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

A guy once aggressively cut me off (in stop and go traffic, no less) on my way home from work years ago. I flashed my brights and honked at him and thought that was that. Nope. A second later I see him reach into the back seat and then he's casually scratching the back of his neck with a handgun.

I called the State Police, gave them his license plate number, vehicle and (from what I could see) physical description, current location, and then I got off at the next exit.

A lot of people take themselves way too seriously.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

davebo posted:

Plus if he's mentally ill he'll just be a financial drain on our healthcare system so you're doing a public service running him over. See PT6, now you're not such a horrible person by comparison :)

I think my original wording was actually something like "should've just run the dude over, saved everyone a lot of time" in response to the police closing down the street to try to corner the nutter.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

PT6A posted:

I think my original wording was actually something like "should've just run the dude over, saved everyone a lot of time" in response to the police closing down the street to try to corner the nutter.

I bet the people yelling at you have never been in a road rage situation. If someone is trying to destroy your car your thought will never be "talk them down" or "peacefully resolve the problem" no matter if they're insane or not. (Unless you want to get beat to a pulp or shot, I guess.)

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

InterceptorV8 posted:

I bring you the best in this week's THANKS OBAMA programming:

After overwhelming support NOT to grant CR England this exemption, the FMCSA grants it.

gently caress this poo poo, I'm going to go hoe loving rice paddies from now on.

Wait...what? Does this actually mean that if you work for CR England you can drive a class A on your own after doing nothing more than passing the written test? And just keep renewing your learner's permit and keep on driving indefinitely?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

I bet the people yelling at you have never been in a road rage situation. If someone is trying to destroy your car your thought will never be "talk them down" or "peacefully resolve the problem" no matter if they're insane or not. (Unless you want to get beat to a pulp or shot, I guess.)

Especially if they're having a psychotic break. You never know whether someone like that, who's already ripping bits off cars, might decide you're the devil and try to decapitate you and then eat your head.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Motronic posted:

Wait...what? Does this actually mean that if you work for CR England you can drive a class A on your own after doing nothing more than passing the written test? And just keep renewing your learner's permit and keep on driving indefinitely?

It means that the "trainer"* can be in the bunk snoozing, driving like a team instead of being trained to drive.

*CR England "trainer" MIGHT have 6 months of driving under their belt.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Oh yes indeed, if you so much as put a scratch on my 98 civic you have forfeit your right to live. Quite so.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

wayfinder posted:

Oh yes indeed, if you so much as put a scratch on my 98 civic you have forfeit your right to live. Quite so.

Yes, scratching a car is exactly the same as ripping the wing mirror and door off.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

wayfinder posted:

Like or not, but a lot of states have laws on the books permitting exactly this.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Well, let me rephrase it: Rip the mirror off my 98 civic and you have forfeit your right to live.

Dunno, still sounds ridiculous.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

wayfinder posted:

Well, let me rephrase it: Rip the mirror off my 98 civic and you have forfeit your right to live.

Dunno, still sounds ridiculous.

There's extrapolating and saying "I'm going to kill you if you damage my car," and then there's what's actually being said, "if you start damaging my car I'm getting the gently caress out of here without regard to your life."

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pretty sure if a dude in a rage is attacking my vehicle attempting to get to me, I'm going to use the closest weapon at my disposal (i.e. my vehicle) to defend myself/get away.

This may result in the loss of human life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I think I found video footage of revmoo and PT6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jGNd4Deys&t=144s