Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So I'm at level 143 which means I can use my 7* colt and a full team of 6*s.

However is i better to use 7* colt and 7* Kikuri with a 5* ultor (can't evolve him without the event anyway) to give up the room for the additional cost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
cant decide if I should 7* this Lord Sefia who is level 100, or level up my Breaker Sefia from 5*s. Exact same problem with Lava. Goonmans what do I do?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Ninkobei posted:

cant decide if I should 7* this Lord Sefia who is level 100, or level up my Breaker Sefia from 5*s. Exact same problem with Lava. Goonmans what do I do?

Assuming they aren't sphere'd you can always feed the lord into the breaker once you hit 6* to recoup a chunk of that xp. If they are sphere'd just roll with the lord version. I had that happen with Feeva, sphere'd and imped a lord version and then pulled an anima. Not gonna bother redoing it though at this point, unless I get really bored and just run out of units I want to max.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Have we reached the point where Defense is a useful statistic? The ~700 or so extra defense after buffs might be a little useful

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I got a lot of units and no idea who to level next.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/

Other things I would like to know are who and how to build teams for the following, arena, raid, frontier, and trials with the units I have now.

Black Huntress
Oct 8, 2001

Agent355 posted:

So I'm at level 143 which means I can use my 7* colt and a full team of 6*s.

However is i better to use 7* colt and 7* Kikuri with a 5* ultor (can't evolve him without the event anyway) to give up the room for the additional cost?

Depends on who else you have; Ultor's pretty ferocious even in 5* form, but BC gen is probably more important.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Ninkobei posted:

Have we reached the point where Defense is a useful statistic? The ~700 or so extra defense after buffs might be a little useful

HP is still the king of unit survival. You will be mitigating most damage anyway in heavier content, so defense isn't totally worthless but not all that important. Not to mention so many bosses having fixed damage now.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Trebek posted:

HP is still the king of unit survival. You will be mitigating most damage anyway in heavier content, so defense isn't totally worthless but not all that important. Not to mention so many bosses having fixed damage now.

Yay another reason why Oracle is the worst typing of all.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Annointed posted:

I got a lot of units and no idea who to level next.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/

Other things I would like to know are who and how to build teams for the following, arena, raid, frontier, and trials with the units I have now.

Not sure that link is working. It just takes me to my own page.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 11, 2015

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Trebek posted:

Not sure that link is working. It just takes me to my own page.
Oh sorry about that, here's the fixed link. Forgot the user id digits.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/256

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Annointed posted:

Oh sorry about that, here's the fixed link. Forgot the user id digits.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/256

Wow, you don't have a ton to work with but your swiss army knife squad would be something like:

Spark Buff - Rosetta will be a staple of FH, Trials, Raids, and works well in the arena, should probably be your default leader for most things.

Mitigator - Shera will be in your FH, Trials, Raid squads.

Status removal - Exvehl is probably your best bet and is getting a 7* at some point. He has one of the highest hit counts of a status unit and works great in FH.

Crit buff - Kuda is the best I see on there unless I'm missing someone. He also has an attack buff to boot. Will probably be in most of your squads.

BC gen - Rubeus/Rosetta

Crit Damage - Find a Maxwell/Kira/Colt friend.

Tazer will work well in most single boss trials. Semira is great for Cardes trial. Ardin adds light and dark to all attacks and a ton of tougher content is either light or dark.

Frontier Hunter Squad - Rosetta lead, Exvehl, Shera, Shida, Lario, Feeva friend

Arena is a tough one. If you got Magress to 7* the rest of your dark units would all be great subs under him.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What makes a good frontier hunter squad anyhow?

Last FH I didn't really have a full team to field and only managed to grab low hanging fruit but I wouldn't mind spending a bit of effort putting together the best team I could and trying for some nicer rewards.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Agent355 posted:

What makes a good frontier hunter squad anyhow?

Last FH I didn't really have a full team to field and only managed to grab low hanging fruit but I wouldn't mind spending a bit of effort putting together the best team I could and trying for some nicer rewards.

You want elemental coverage (Shida, or two of the Sibyls), Spark Boosts (Rosetta, Lario), and BC Gen of some sort, mostly. Status prevention is nice but slightly (only slightly) less necessary than normal because of free debuff heal items, and you'll probably want an offensive mitigator (aka Shera or Darvanshel) for Terminus, if you're at the point where you can get that far.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
For FH even if you're a new player if you have Kira or Colt just pair up with the buffest Kira/Colt buddy you can find and use the attack sets. Pop 2-3 fujins on round 1 and an atk pot on every round. You'll easily get the Beginning/Middle rewards due to your score from damage and if you can survive FH End you should pickup everything there too. Crit teams can get a shitload of points in everything except Terminus. If you have a good attack buffer too (Michele, Lucca, Kuhla(?)) that'll help even more. I use Mifune on my FH crit harvest squad because when he crits and sparks it's obscene damage for his SBB and can result in hilariously high scores.

When I started in Japan back in the fall I got a Medulla on my account the first time FH came up solely due to my Maxwell buddy with a Legwand+Geldnite letting my team put out a bunch of damage.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Annointed posted:

Yay another reason why Oracle is the worst typing of all.

Related: JPBF is getting a unit typing change where oracle raises REC and decreases DEF instead of HP, and guardian raises DEF and decreases REC instead of ATK. Oracle is still the worst, but now guardian is a little more useful. I'd put it above lord even.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Accept my friend requests you goons, I need to be carried. Also why is it so expensive to evolve my unicorn man

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
Do people still need me to put up Shida during FH for max points, those who needed it?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Damegane posted:

Related: JPBF is getting a unit typing change where oracle raises REC and decreases DEF instead of HP, and guardian raises DEF and decreases REC instead of ATK. Oracle is still the worst, but now guardian is a little more useful. I'd put it above lord even.

Yeah this is a pretty great change for guardian since REC is still the least important stat since very few, if any, units get Eze-grade REC now.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Now if we can get that change this year, nah who am I kidding?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Annointed posted:

Now if we can get that change this year, nah who am I kidding?

Gumi still seems to be in money grab mode so I doubt it. We can't even get proper rate ups anymore.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT

Mardragon posted:

Do people still need me to put up Shida during FH for max points, those who needed it?

I do. I've still never pulled him. I was getting like 1.2 on terminus last time without him and like 1.6-1.8 with him. I'll look for you in the spread sheet.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
rolled an oracle zephyr im so loving mad

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Raaga is pretty goddamned solid. Got a few units I wanted/needed with the specific "only pull these" things the past 2 days.

Raaga, Fahdal, Ivris, Aaron. I'm out of metal keys to 7* the last 3, but soon enough I guess.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rolled a Wyvern during all light time. :stare:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Damegane posted:

So does that mean Anima will raise HP and lower ATK? That's... a pretty big nerf for a lot of peoples' A-teams.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think Anima and Breaker are staying the same. And Lord, obviously.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Is there a trick to saving auto-battle settings on the iphone? When the update first came out, it was defaulting to no auto-looting, BB or healing. Right now it's keeping those and keeps clearing the SBB setting when I restart the app, which implies they either changed the defaults or I accidentally got them to save at one point between then and getting Rowgen his SBB a week or two ago.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

yook posted:

Is there a trick to saving auto-battle settings on the iphone? When the update first came out, it was defaulting to no auto-looting, BB or healing. Right now it's keeping those and keeps clearing the SBB setting when I restart the app, which implies they either changed the defaults or I accidentally got them to save at one point between then and getting Rowgen his SBB a week or two ago.

Does the same for me. I think it's still bugged.

I've had everything I need for Malice Jewel for like 2 weeks now. Just can't the ghost jewel to drop. I must have run it 50 times now. At least the slot machine is paying off.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I can't even get in to raid anymore. I'm getting the room error 100% of the time now.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Wednesday was Light, yesterday was Dark, today's rare summons is... Soul Bound Saga.

I was waiting for a Thunder one to try to pull a Kanon.

How long until I get a Kanons and only Kanons event?

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost
There's going to be a Malice Jewel available tomorrow for 15k merit points, sweet. Also a Sol Creator for 5k.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Wednesday was Light, yesterday was Dark, today's rare summons is... Soul Bound Saga.

I was waiting for a Thunder one to try to pull a Kanon.

They did open dungeon, wow. nice. Time to get a 6* Ultor

Sloober fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 12, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Fatigued posted:

There's going to be a Malice Jewel available tomorrow for 15k merit points, sweet. Also a Sol Creator for 5k.

Malice Jewel, yes I will probably buy it and continue trying to upgrade my Legwands. Sol Creator for 5k, uh, gently caress no. You can farm 5 of those in a few hours. Maybe less with Zelnite.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I can't even get in to raid anymore. I'm getting the room error 100% of the time now.

Only thing I've found that works is creating your own room. As long as you put join midway on, 3 scrubs will come running. 2 usually just sit at camp and leech off you.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 12, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Is the Malice Jewel worth it for 15k if you already have one as well as a poo poo ton of legwands and all the other Trial/Vortex ones?

I mean, you can get two legend stones or imp keys for something that is also craftable with raid.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

...so the Achievement System is bugging out now, too - got a task for today of "Do 200000 damage to weak elements". I've been plugging away constantly at stuff and that progress hasn't moved one inch from 0. Not with Quest stuff like it suggests, not with Arena, not with Raids. I want my 100 point reward, sure, but I don't like leaving tasks unfinished and that's the important part, Gumi! :argh:

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If you've got a RonelGreil, you don't need a Kanon any more. :colbert:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

...so the Achievement System is bugging out now, too - got a task for today of "Do 200000 damage to weak elements". I've been plugging away constantly at stuff and that progress hasn't moved one inch from 0. Not with Quest stuff like it suggests, not with Arena, not with Raids. I want my 100 point reward, sure, but I don't like leaving tasks unfinished and that's the important part, Gumi! :argh:

That one isn't translated very well. You need to do damage to units that are stronger than you eg bringing a fire team to fight water units.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kegslayer posted:

That one isn't translated very well. You need to do damage to units that are stronger than you eg bringing a fire team to fight water units.

Which is weird since every other mention of "weaker elements" (eg Kira's/Maxwell's LSes) increases the damage you do when you're hitting a weakness, eg fire versus earth. :psyduck: I can confirm this is actually what they mean, though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I'd forgotten how much of a total poo poo wrecker the thunder SBS boss was and decided to try to AB the dungeon. Even Lucius couldn't hope to do the level of damage this thing does to my team.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

KataraniSword posted:

Use Kanon for the defense buff. The status immunity is just extra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So Kikuri's 7* form has a 48 BC drop check according to this:
https://touchandswipe.github.io/bravefrontier/unitsguide?unitid=881

Considering I've been running Len in my arena team solely due to his 50 BC drop check I think it's time to retire him. Then Elza will be the only 6* remaining. I might make Kikuri the arena leader since her 50% BB fill isn't dark specific (I think) like her 100% dmg bonus and just run Kikuri/Claire/Colt/Selena/Magress. Maybe Claire as the leader if I can still safely get 5 BB a turn with her in the lead.

Ninkobei posted:

Use Kanon for the defense buff. The status immunity is just extra

IIRC Kanon is still considered a good Raid leader in Japan due to the HP/Def plus even more HP from SBB while Griel is just kinda... there.

• Locked thread