Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

qnqnx posted:

that guy is aserious badass

I really looked up to him when I was 13. I thought his guide was the coolest poo poo and I even sent him an email (he didn't write back).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
I'm pretty sure I sent an email to some guy who wrote a 1/10 review of FF7 and asked him what is problem was. He told me to play a real game like Strider 2.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zelgadis posted:

I'm pretty sure I sent an email to some guy who wrote a 1/10 review of FF7 and asked him what is problem was. He told me to play a real game like Strider 2.

FF7 is terrible.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

FF7 is terrible.
[wearily, out of obligation] Hello, FF7.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

FF7 is terrible.

Its ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

FF7 is terrible.

This guy are sick.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arranging materia is one of the most satisfying experiences in gaming.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm looking at a real #2 right here as well.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Arranging materia is one of the most satisfying experiences in gaming.

It's a really smart system too because it means you get to use whoever you think looks coolest and not worry about stats and stuff bc it's all material dependent. FF7 is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everybody who bitches about summon animations can suck may rear end too.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's a really smart system too because it means you get to use whoever you think looks coolest and not worry about stats and stuff bc it's all material dependent. FF7 is awesome.

I like the noise it makes when you equip one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I like the noise it makes when you equip one.
Final Fantasy menu sounds are good, I like the noise the cursor makes when you move it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mario RPG also had good menu noise.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Everybody who bitches about summon animations can suck may rear end too.

I just don't use them until the end, and then it's like Phoenix, Hades and Knights of the Round are the only ones, and just for the Weapons.

I also don't use the summons in FF8 or FF10 (except in the Monster Arena, because you need Anima to beat the big blob who gives you Magic Spheres).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've definitely had nights where I played a FF game for like 7 hours and then closed my eyes to sleep and kept hearing the cursor moving sound

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It was cool to set up all the FF series menu sounds on theatherythm to be button inputs

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The ff6 menu sounds are extremely satisfying, as is watching the percentage go up on an Esper that you have equipped.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It was cool to set up all the FF series menu sounds on theatherythm to be button inputs

i always keep the default buttons noises in games liek that but now i want to do this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i always keep the default buttons noises in games liek that but now i want to do this

I turned them off because they clashed with the music

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Which summon would u hang out with? Shiva, Ifrit and Choco-Mog for me

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've definitely had nights where I played a FF game for like 7 hours and then closed my eyes to sleep and kept hearing the cursor moving sound

I was thinking it's been at least a decade since I beat ff7 so I might be able to play it like new again, but as soon as I started thinking about it I remembered every single thing I know about it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The cursor is also pretty cool.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Huh? Finger? What the hell?!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Huh? Finger? What the hell?!
-- transcribed from Bicyclops' first time

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was thinking it's been at least a decade since I beat ff7 so I might be able to play it like new again, but as soon as I started thinking about it I remembered every single thing I know about it.

I played it for the first time 3 years ago and I'm tempted to play it again when they release it on ps4

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i havent played it in over ten years and i have it on steam and keep thinking about it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

i havent played it in over ten years and i have it on steam and keep thinking about it

I installed it once and got up to 7th heaven and stopped.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i walked right into that one!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bicyclops posted:

i walked right into that one!

Yeah, a mans rear end that is

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I prefer written guides to youtube videos, so gamefaqs is pretty awesome.

Here's Split Infinity's FFXII walkthrough, which I believe is the largest one on the site. It sits at about 1400 pages

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-final-fantasy-xii/faqs/42270

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Red Suit posted:

Here's Split Infinity's FFXII walkthrough, which I believe is the largest one on the site. It sits at about 1400 pages

This FAQ does a really good job of explaining some of the game's weird battle mechanics w/r/t time. The big one is that you can only have one spell animation on-screen at once, so physical attackers can beat up casters during long spells, and you can delay enemy spells with your own - but spells can also keep you from healing/curing statuses.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think it's funny when people name their FAQs version numbers after characters instead of using numbers, like HAWT EDEA or Nice Ashe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Red Suit posted:

Good lord

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Final Fantasy games own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Red Suit posted:

Split Infinity seems very powerful

• Locked thread