Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Gee, I wonder who the movie is going to side with.

They're leaning that hard so they can point out how Batman was too extremist somehow when Doomsday or whatever kills Superman and act like they're super-clever.

Or they really are that butt-loving stupid and it's going to be 2.5 hours of Bat-fellatio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also lol that the guy that grew up on a Kansas farm is the bad guy while the multi-billionaire CEO is the hero.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Waffleman_ posted:

Also lol that the guy that grew up on a Kansas farm is the bad guy while the multi-billionaire CEO is the hero.

The man who worked every day of his life to become what he is today vs the man who was born with what defines him.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

uPen posted:

The man who worked every day of his life to become what he is today vs the man who was born with what defines him.

Yeah, I agree. Batman's wealth does define him.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

uPen posted:

Yes the man who found he had godlike powers and decided to use them to try and act as a beacon for an inferior species while fighting the will of wannabe emperors and god-figures versus an obscenely wealthy guy who uses his unparalleled competency and fortune to beat up poor people and the mentally ill from his parent's basement.

People who focus solely on what each hero can do and how they got their "powers" are the dumbest motherfuckers alive I tell you what, and yes I do include highly skilled and talented artists who have made widely acclaimed official projects with said characters in that assessment.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

He is an undocumented alien, that is why he is the bad guy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
FYI though, Superman wasn't born with his powers you idiot. He gets it from our planets sun and the fact that kypton's gravity is much stronger than earth's. Jesus Christ.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Or they really are that butt-loving stupid and it's going to be 2.5 hours of Bat-fellatio.

Christ I hope they do something more interesting, Superman's the underdog in this movie because of how these teamups always love the poo poo out of Batman. It's impossible for him to lose.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Terminal Entropy posted:

He is an undocumented alien, that is why he is the bad guy.

No it's because he's from Western Kansas, making him a staunch Republican and likely Tea Party one at that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Weird how the Kansas farm-boy and the Aryan-looking Soldier who punches Hitler have ended up being fairly left-wing heroes while the NYC and LA-styled playboys are practically right-wing poster children.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can we just skip Batman and go straight to Goku vs Superman?

Also related to the thread, I still can't believe this was a good idea for a DVD art.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 11, 2015

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hey let's squabble some more over the contents of a movie no one has seen yet!

The Regression posters have grown on me a bit.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mind the walrus posted:

Yes the man who found he had godlike powers and decided to use them to try and act as a beacon for an inferior species while fighting the will of wannabe emperors and god-figures

You're forgetting that in the DC movie universe he's a bigger dark and brooding emo mope than Batman and his heroism was him trashing a town, murdering a dude, driving an intelligent species to extinction, leveling a city, and letting millions of people die. Then he basically said he's holding earth hostage and we're not allowed to question him.

He's the absolute worst superhero ever. He's like the opposite of trustworthy and likable superheroes like Superman.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
If you're worried that B v S is going to be

mind the walrus posted:

2.5 hours of Bat-fellatio

you should watch this video which is 13 minutes of Zach Snyder proclaiming how much he loves Superman, how Superman is the best, how Superman would beat Batman, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOJj2zw2goM

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You're forgetting that in the DC movie universe he's a bigger dark and brooding emo mope than Batman and his heroism was him trashing a town, murdering a dude, driving an intelligent species to extinction, leveling a city, and letting millions of people die. Then he basically said he's holding earth hostage and we're not allowed to question him.

This is dumb bullshit btw, come on over to the comics thread so I can beat on you like Zod beat on Superman.;)

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 11, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Would Zach Snyder kiss Superman?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That youtube description sure is something.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

you should watch this video which is 13 minutes of Zach Snyder proclaiming how much he loves Superman, how Superman is the best, how Superman would beat Batman, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOJj2zw2goM

I already said what the movie is going to be in my very first post on the subject (e.g: a bait-and-switch where it turns out Superman is Jesus and dies punching Doomsday or some dumb bullshit and we're all supposed to suddenly stop being so hard on him). I don't need to watch a director I don't particularly like nor think is particularly insightful as a storyteller give a marketing spiel to placate even dumber people than myself. I'll shut up now.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

My birthday was last week and my wife got me this poster:

in the subway size (43x62).

It's going to look awesome in my basement (once I finish it)

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

AFewBricksShy posted:

My birthday was last week and my wife got me this poster:

in the subway size (43x62).

It's going to look awesome in my basement (once I finish it)

Nice one!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Awesome poster, but I'm kinda surprised that the title is in that kinda dull font, instead of that totally killer one that's seen in the film's title sequence.

I really wish I could rewatch The Thing again for the first time.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

GrandpaPants posted:

Awesome poster, but I'm kinda surprised that the title is in that kinda dull font, instead of that totally killer one that's seen in the film's title sequence.

The jagged logo would look incredibly out of place contrasted against the almost cubist background and rather naturalistic subject. The poster's like 90% straight lines so it'd be weird to go against that in the title.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Lady Naga posted:

The jagged logo would look incredibly out of place contrasted against the almost cubist background and rather naturalistic subject. The poster's like 90% straight lines so it'd be weird to go against that in the title.

Also, the text is pretty ominous in context of the alienness of the imagery.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

If you know the history of that poster, Drew Struzan drew it (pun intended) totally blind. They didn't tell him a thing (pun intended again) about the movie. He just knew it was in the Artic and had some kind of alien in it. No script, no actors, no photos and he had less than 24 hours to do the entire poster.

A real shame he retired. The man was a master.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
Can you feel the desperation kicking in?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
People are going to be surprised at how big that movie turns out to be.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kush posted:

drat...

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Those should have been the posters for the announcement part of Ant-Man's marketing.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Kush posted:

But he does have armor, that's where his power comes from.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

People are going to be surprised at how big that movie turns out to be.

Let's define "big". I think it struggles to get 120 million domestic and only does 250 million global.

That's "big", to me, human being. I don't really feel like that's "big" to planet-eating corporate empire Disney or for a Marvel summer superhero movie.

Also I guess it should be said that these Ant Man posters are in really lovely taste.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Continuing the current trend of everything aping either The Avengers or Guardians.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
A tiny sample of the works of Sir Christopher Lee.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Let's define "big". I think it struggles to get 120 million domestic and only does 250 million global.

That's "big", to me, human being. I don't really feel like that's "big" to planet-eating corporate empire Disney or for a Marvel summer superhero movie.

Also I guess it should be said that these Ant Man posters are in really lovely taste.

Bigger than Thor 2, not as big as, say, the Star Wars sequel. Also, in bad taste how, exactly?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Bigger than Thor 2, not as big as, say, the Star Wars sequel. Also, in bad taste how, exactly?

The average person will think that these heroes are also in Ant Man.

Of course I'm not sure the average person will ever see these posters, so...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The average person hasn't noticed yet that they keep remaking Iron Man 1 over and over so I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The average person is going to go "I like Marvel movies" and go to see it regardless.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

If you know the history of that poster, Drew Struzan drew it (pun intended) totally blind. They didn't tell him a thing (pun intended again) about the movie. He just knew it was in the Artic and had some kind of alien in it. No script, no actors, no photos and he had less than 24 hours to do the entire poster.

A real shame he retired. The man was a master.

He's dropped hints that he's coming out of retirement to do a poster for Star Wars Episode VII.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They made a huge mistake abandoning the 80s-style marketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

An entire movie of character actors from TV shows ha.