Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So of course the smart thing to do is to advertise it now, so that ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010
Gotta get that burning hype going right this second so everyone forgets about it by the time it happens and the game continues to fail. Wildstar was an inside job.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

that plus the teeth image is not a good combo

edit - actually just thinking about it made me go brush my teeth again so i guess this thread is contributing positively to my dental health

Kessel fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 10, 2015

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
First ever case of vaginal gingivitis.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Please brush your vagina

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
does finding lost teeth inside count as vagina dentata?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Boobytrap lovebite ;)

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I can't even bring myself to re-link the gallery or a single picture of it as a reminder to what loving context that comment brings up.

Tarranon posted:

Boobytrap lovebite ;)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
:barf: times infinity

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Another wildstar thread ruined. Not that it mattered lol

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

onesixtwo posted:

I can't even bring myself to re-link the gallery or a single picture of it as a reminder to what loving context that comment brings up.

Every vagina looks like this to me.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Every vagina looks like this to me.

The one she wanted to kiss was pretty much this.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Holyshoot posted:

Would.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

:burger:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Holyshoot posted:

See, why not be gay?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Apparently Wildstar just had a "special event," except there wasn't anything special about it and no one won any prizes at all, it was a mandatory stress test so they rounded everyone up in the main city and disconnected everyone that didn't join in. good job crbine

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Thumbtacks posted:

Apparently Wildstar just had a "special event," except there wasn't anything special about it and no one won any prizes at all, it was a mandatory stress test so they rounded everyone up in the main city and disconnected everyone that didn't join in. good job crbine

Haha what

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
would a dead game have THAT MANY people in a main city??? wow doesn't???? check and mate :smug:

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002

The chat bubble is perfect.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Thumbtacks posted:

So that picture is the absolute server population at the time?

Geeeze.....

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

You would think they'd at least hand out a title or something low-effort like that

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Kelp Plankton posted:

You would think they'd at least hand out a title or something low-effort like that

If you remember their E3 event I'd say not handing out a title is perfectly in line with anything else they do.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

They already gave a title out for the beta stress test, which also had GMs show up and spawn giant mobs and fireworks and such.

That's too much effort this time.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
"is that it" lol

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

why do you subject yourself to this??? come on bro

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

is this still beta or something because wtf

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh i got those off the subreddit there's no way i'd actually play the game again

it's not technically the beta but since the game's going f2p in september i'm betting the devs are treating this as a secondary beta period, unofficially

which means they won't fix any issues anyway, they didn't the first time

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Mildstar

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

quote:

some of you are angry and upset. I'm not saying that's it wrong for you to fell that way. However, in my opinion it was awesome to sit on the stairs in Thayd with my guildies just hanging out. Not doing anything stressful/needing concentration and just have a good time. A lot of time we forget that this is a game and that we play for fun. We get caught up in getting to end game, being the best ___, whatever each person aspires to do. Which is not a bad thing. However, it was nice to hang out and laugh with guildies. Yes there was lag, yes there was a lot of craziness. However, it was a lot of fun for me and quite a few others from what I have seen. Stress test or not the team did a great job and watching my guildies turn into rowsdowers really made my night! Great job Carbine/Community team on a fun event that let us stop and reconnect with the community that we play with!

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

This rare and unexpected event did something no one expected WS could ever achieve. Guildmates got together in game and they had fun....FUN! All that it took was getting them together in order to do absolutely nothing that the game offers.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED Carbine! You now have a road map leading you into the future.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Wildstar: Is that it?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
stress testing your player-base's patience

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Jesus, is it really too much for Carbine to give some pet that's just an existing model to these people as a prize and not pissing off the, hilariously small, userbase they have?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

croutonZA posted:

Jesus, is it really too much for Carbine to give some pet that's just an existing model to these people as a prize and not pissing off the, hilariously small, userbase they have?

Why should they? Their fanbase is apparently happy to just stand in one spot and do nothing with no reward. So why make an effort?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

croutonZA posted:

Carbine gets crap for giving out tiny prizes like that too. The real problem is a lack of transparency. Did Carbine tell people what to expect from this ahead of time or what it all very vague?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

croutonZA posted:

They already did that, and doing it a second time is just too much to ask.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I am pretty sure that's a text-book case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I've seen way too many people defend a bad online game with "well I had fun shooting the poo poo with my friends".

No, you dolt, that just means you enjoy shooting the poo poo with your friends. It doesn't negate the fact that the game is bad

• Locked thread