Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Here's some Entrances.
Through in Pomp because I added the new music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnC_RpiBi2c

FredMSloniker posted:

To elaborate on this a bit: you're using a capture card to pull the video off a PS3, if I understand correctly, and feeding that video to your stream software of choice. Would it be possible to save the captured video directly to your computer, but have the stream software output at a lower resolution and bitrate? It'd be nice if I could actually be in the audience when my character debut. And you can upload the high-res version to YouTube still.

(Also, could we go ahead and name the character 'Walter Dee', so as not to cause confusion between me and the character actually named Fred?)
Having my capture card record as well is very unreliable and would get rid of things such as the chat. The main reason I'm even having that on the video is for the benefit of those who can't catch the stream. I'll instead try to lower the bitrate a bit. Right now I think it's 2000. I'll go down to 1500 and see what happens.

E: Whoops, forgot the link.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Awesome entrances as usual. Will the newcomers also get a chance at the belt in the tournament?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I can't really add them to the tournament anymore.
Quarterfinals will be next show, after that we'll have us a Pay Per View (which you obviously don't have to pay anything for) with the semifinals and the LPFWA title bout. And other title matches too. After that title matches will become a lot more common because not every second match will be a tournament match anymore. Depending on how well new arrivals do they'll make their way up the card and get a shot at the title eventually.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
So are you just adding a few new characters each week? I'd love to see mine, but if you're saving him for later, that's cool too.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FredMSloniker posted:

So are you just adding a few new characters each week? I'd love to see mine, but if you're saving him for later, that's cool too.

Seems like he's just adding characters when he can. CAW's characters can take a surprisingly long amount of time, especially if you're starting from scratch several times over.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Yeah that. Making a CAW means I have to create the appearance. Which can either go really quickly or take a fair bit. I then have to make the entrance. Sometimes I try to sync it up to some music, which is technically impossible because there's various timings for any one kind of movement template. Plus in preview mode the crowd shots are missing, so the timing will always be off. Then there's the moveset and... oh boy. I'm glad every time someone just goes "I wanna be a brawler" because I can pick any preset without thinking because every wrestler has to have strike moves. It's a requirement for the moveset. But if people want something more specific I'll have to go through the entire moveset and pick fitting mvoes. And just so you know... there are very many categories with very many slots you HAVE to put moves in. There HAVE to be strikes, there HAVE to be Grapples (there's like six or so different types of grapples with about six slots each). I also have to add high flying maneuvers, corner maneuvers, apron maneuvers, taunts and more stuff.

Also: Here's the match card for next Saturday's show (unless something keeps me from doing it on saturday yadda yadda you know the drill)
This will be the last show before the first Pay Per View... I mean, we could call it something else but I dunno of anything. It will be called the Wall of Golden Stuff. It's simultaneously LPFWA's Hall of Fame as well as the Wrestlemania equivalent. I'd really like some old legends to come back to do fan-service-y matches but there's plenty of people from the old times around. But there's one rule: Since it's a Hall of Fame whoever currently holds the Buscus is not allowed there.

1. One on One for the Buscus Title
Zore vs. Succinct and Punchy

2. Suspicious blank spot
I dunno man.

3. Quarterfinals Group A: Inferno Match
Fruitsniffer vs. Sterv

4. Quarterfinals Group B: Flaming Table Match
Loki Starwind vs. Danaru

5. Quarterfinals Group C: Flaming Table Match
Schir vs. anilEhilated

6. Quarterfinals Group D: Last Man Standing
Big Scary Ow l vs. kalonZombie

Oh yeah, and here's some more dudes. I'd have entrances ready too but my server does this weird thing where it won't sync up with my PS3

FinalGamer posted:

Name: FinalGamer
Your Twitter: @FinalSmashJames
Appearance: A dinosaur, preferably velociraptor, or at the very least a man impersonating a dinosaur and doing his very best to make a shoddy snout on his face. IF dinosaurs are not available as I notice lizards seem to be in short supply in WWE, imagine Rorschach but with a hood over ONLY his mouth, not the whole face. Give him red hair to hide the blood and the greenest loving eyes possible.
Type: Fast psychotic dirty brawler, not very strong but racks up hits. "Death by a thousand cuts" sort of fighting, basically fast, dirty and goes down like a bitch.
Signature Moves: Slash attacks, stomp moves, flying leap attacks.
Finishing Move(s): Whatever allows him to punch, slash, or bootstomp somebody in the loving face over and over again.
Entrance Music: I hope you like Street Fighter music
Hometown / Country: London, England
Announcer Name: James, The Psycho Dinosaur
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Can only exhibit three emotions of "cocky poo poo", "screaming manchild" or "depressed loner". Will violently assault anyone with the name of Ridley and is the only person banned from every single cinema in the world, but not for the reasons you may think.

Had to go fore the Rorschach one.
I think I'll preemptively shoot down everybody who wants to look reptilian or otherwise clearly non-human. Because there's too many who want crazy stuff like that and it's too hard to make.
And yeah, I know the Rorschach blots are not symmetrical. Just assume he's wearing the thing a little off.

nine-gear crow posted:

You don't want me in this LP, I'm boring, so let's keep the Star Wars Invasion rolling instead, shall we.

Name: Emperor Palpatine
Your Twitter: n/a
Appearance: Literally Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars... with black sunglasses. So, you know, black robes, hood, gray skin, lots of wrinkles, stick-thin, yellow eyes.
Type: Brawler.
Signature Moves: Powerbomb.
Finishing Move(s): The Galactic Elbow (The People's Elbow from The Rock's move list).
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzntZLHcYy0
Hometown / Country: The Other Side of Darkness
Announcer Name: Unstoppable Space Warlock
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: An irascible, wizened space wizard. An almost comically evil heel.

Because Ol' Palpy's gotta get ready for the return of Super-League Wresting.

Edit: He should most definitely probably tag team with Starkiller.

He will be the leader of a stable called the Dark Side.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 11, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

He will be the leader of a stable called the Dark Side.

Simply amazing. :golfclap:

Thank you, IGgy. I can't wait to see wait to see what goofy evil poo poo the old nutsack gets up to in LPFWA.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Look, Owl, I don't want to put you down or anything, but really you should just give up. I'll even give you a tenner if you do. But I will say this. If you fight me, you will lose, and when you lose you'll PROBABLY develop an all-brain diet. Just saying. Ten bucks, or the other thing. Your call.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Two flaming table matches that don't involve me? Bullshit.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Two flaming table matches that don't involve me? Bullshit.

If you'd just beaten Fruitsniffer, you'd probably be in a flaming tables match, but you didn't. :colbert:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Schir posted:

If you'd just beaten Fruitsniffer, you'd probably be in a flaming tables match, but you didn't. :colbert:

Hugs were too powerful.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Look he just gave me a hug in celebration of losing the buscus and I wanted to give him a nice friendly pat on the back! That means I lose apparently? I demand a word with the referee!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I feel like I should be making a "Can't hug every cat" joke of some kind.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Junpei Hyde posted:

Look he just gave me a hug in celebration of losing the buscus and I wanted to give him a nice friendly pat on the back! That means I lose apparently? I demand a word with the referee!

I feel your pain. You know what makes me feel better? Coffee. We should all have some coffee. Okay for me it would be 'have some more coffee' but that's not what's important here.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Had to go fore the Rorschach one.
I think I'll preemptively shoot down everybody who wants to look reptilian or otherwise clearly non-human. Because there's too many who want crazy stuff like that and it's too hard to make.
And yeah, I know the Rorschach blots are not symmetrical. Just assume he's wearing the thing a little off.
Wow okay that is WAY more awesome than I thought it would be.

Get rid of the hat to show off that fiery red short hair

Keep the trenchcoat on, but take off the grey undershirt if possible. If not, then maybe a darker brown version of the undershirt.
If STILL not possible, then it's fine
and you've got yourself a DEAL good sir, holy poo poo! I mean I just meant to have the facerag, I didn't expect you to do the loving ink blots god drat yeah! :neckbeard:

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 12, 2015

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Name: Pvt. Scott

Appearance: combat boots, fatigue pants, undershirt, dog tags, fingerless gloves; helmet/hat/fatigue top optional; Light brownish red skin, buzz cut, fit and lean, somewhat short. Feel free to throw some incidental things in there to go with the gimmick if you want.

Type: Brawler, or something else if you have need of another style.

Signature Moves: quick and brutal moves like you'd see commandos doing, I guess

Finishing Move(s): The UCMJ (anything, really)

Entrance Music: Where there's a whip, there's a way.

Hometown / Country: New Zealand

Announcer Name: The Ring Hunter

Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Professional team player. Very loyal. Will seek to join a faction if possible. Will go to extreme lengths to avenge comrades, especially if it means a difficult matchup. Stickler for discipline. Under the impression that they are an orc in the service of the Dark Lord Sauron. Sauron needs belts. Also a ring. There's rings and belts in wrestling! True? Who knows?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

kalonZombie posted:

Look, Owl, I don't want to put you down or anything, but really you should just give up. I'll even give you a tenner if you do. But I will say this. If you fight me, you will lose, and when you lose you'll PROBABLY develop an all-brain diet. Just saying. Ten bucks, or the other thing. Your call.

Ten bucks!? I'm not Dash Rendar, you know. I should grab and drop you from the ceiling for this insult.

(I can see a plot about kalonZombie making a faction of zombies to do evil stuff in the future. DeZombification-X, Ministry of Zombiehood, Nation of Zombification, etc)

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Big Scary Owl posted:

Ten bucks!? I'm not Dash Rendar, you know. I should grab and drop you from the ceiling for this insult.

Dude, I'm not even really into actual pro wrestling and even I think that's too soon.

(Though it was probably unintentional on your part.)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

EclecticTastes posted:

Dude, I'm not even really into actual pro wrestling and even I think that's too soon.

Fifteen years is too soon?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

EclecticTastes posted:

I didn't know :(

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Lizard Wizard posted:

Fifteen years is too soon?

Look, man, we all deal with the inexorable passage of time in our own way, pretending that everything happened "just a few years ago" like some sort of comic book is a totally valid coping mechanism. :colbert:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Big Scary Owl posted:

Just throwing it out there: if you want me to stay out of your way, you gotta pay up. Contact Leebo to get a quote on the rates. Otherwise, I cannot promise that I won't interfere in one of your matches. Just because I'm not on the title card doesn't mean I won't make an appearance.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Here's the entrances of FinalGamer and Palpatine. I also tacked those of Simsmagic and LORD OF BUTT at the end because those weren't in a video that isn't blocked yet.

LPFWA Entrances #7

I kind of had a bad day today, but making Palpy's entrance and looking at it kinda cheered me up. All's fine now.

Would be cool if there were a hardcore gangsta rap or a dubstep version of the imperial march, though.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 12, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

Here's the entrances of FinalGamer and Palpatine. I also tacked those of Simsmagic and LORD OF BUTT at the end because those weren't in a video that isn't blocked yet.

LPFWA Entrances #7

I kind of had a bad day today, but making Palpy's entrance and looking at it kinda cheered me up. All's fine now.

Would be cool if there were a hardcore gangsta rap or a dubstep version of the imperial march, though.

Well, if you insist...

https://youtu.be/7mEu0dzv2rk

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

IGgy IGsen posted:

LPFWA Entrances #7

Those were all delightful.

tehsaucy
Oct 12, 2012
Name: Christopher Walken (TehSaucy)
Your Twitter: @cwalken
Appearance:
Type: Anything really. Although I'd be amused to see Christopher Walken tossing people around.
Signature Moves: Same as above
Finishing Move(s): These Boots Were Made for Me: Preferably some sort of suplex where the user walks around a bit.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2guQYivZ6w
Hometown / Country: Queens, New York
Announcer Name: Christopher Walken
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Convinced he is the best actor, which he accomplishes by attempting to emulate other famous film actors exactly. Face or heel depending on the 'role' he is.

tehsaucy fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 14, 2015

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

IGgy IGsen posted:

I noticed you uploaded all of those. If you wanna join in you'll need to pick one of those and fill in the relevant stuff from the form. Y'know, the stuff that doesn't get transmitted when uploading a character. And of course the name you wanna use.

Oh shoot I totally didn't clue in on that process. My bad.

Action Shakespeare posted:

BOOB MARLEY is a horrible monstrosity genetically engineered to have the biggest chest in the business. Nobody knows why, exactly, but they'll be damned if he isn't effective. He doesn't talk much, preferring to rely on his physical charisma to get his points across. Those points are usually that he is going to bear hug you. He could probably use a manager.

I think I'll go with this freakshow here. His gimmick is kind of the monster heel, with very little to say but a distinct aura of smugness that betrays a conniving mind within. He could probably be face with the right folks backing him up, but he's pretty horrifying.

All the other info about him shouuuld be built in. I just went with Kane's music because it was spooky but in the best not spooky kind of way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Action Shakespeare posted:

I think I'll go with this freakshow here. His gimmick is kind of the monster heel, with very little to say but a distinct aura of smugness that betrays a conniving mind within. He could probably be face with the right folks backing him up, but he's pretty horrifying.

: Yes. Gooood. The Dark Side™ has use for your monstrous pectoral physique. Join me and Starkiller , and I will--
: Complete his training?
: Offer free dental coverage up to $1000.
: I extend this offer to everyone (except Dash Rendar). Join the Dark Side of the Force™. It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.
: Force powers, bitch!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey IGgy, what's the current Face-Heel balance, or lack thereof?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Hey IGgy, what's the current Face-Heel balance, or lack thereof?

I think we have a pretty decent balance. There's a fair number of heels and faces. Also a few who are neutral or not clearly heel or face..

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

I think we have a pretty decent balance. There's a fair number of heels and faces. Also a few who are neutral or not clearly heel or face..

Oh, cool, I somehow got the impression you were swimming in Heels.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Somehow I ended up as a heel, but one that everyone loves for some reason. I think IGgy described me as bizarro John Cena.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I don't think I said that. And if I did I forgot.
But you're probably a face in my book. Just because you eat people's brains and show no remorese doesn't mean you're a heel.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Oh, cool, I somehow got the impression you were swimming in Heels.
Yeah, we have a good deal of heels but also plenty of faces. there's also anti-heels (or Steve Austins, as we in the business call them). Like kalon.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

But you're probably a face in my book. Just because you eat people's brains and show no remorese doesn't mean you're a heel.

Don't forget completely disregarding rules and pinning both my opponents in a first blood match.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Welllll. I might have hosed up setting up the rules for the match. But I can't be bothered to check the story file to verify that.

Also: Stream starts in roughly 1 hour and 40 minutes, in case someone forgot.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Starting in 15 minutes http://www.hitbox.tv/IGgy

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

New CAW matches incoming

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Show's over, here are the results:

Plot 1: IGgy, Schir, and BFC start a feud. The chat votes for a cage match between IGgy and Talcott Cargo.

Match 1: Punchy vs. Zore. (Buscus title)
Winner: Punchy

Plot 2: Loki is paying AnilEhilated in Amiibos to investigate StandGate. Punchy watches. Steve gets his question answered.

Match 2: Talcott Cargo vs. BNF (cage match)
Winner: BNF

Plot 3: IGgy stares at Aurora's boobs and insists that he isn't. Also he's interviewing Aurora. The chat votes to have Aurora fight Divine Coffee Binge in the Pay Per View for the Kawaii Title.

Match 3: Fruitsniffer vs. Sterv (inferno match)
Winner: Sterv

Plot 4: BFC declares a feud with IGgy for booking him against BNF, an owl, and Nuffkins.

Match 4: Loki vs. Danaru (flaming tables)
Winner: Loki

Plot 5: Big Scary Owl approaches Fruity with a petition about owl's rights. The commentary team has a debate about whether owls are people.

Match 5: Schir vs. AnilEhilated (flaming tables)
Winner: AnilEhilated

Match 6: Big Scary Owl vs. kalonZombie
Winner: Big Scary Owl

Non-canon Match 1: Starkiller vs. Immortan Joe vs. Jamie the D vs. FinalGamer vs. Emperor Palpatine vs. QuantumCrayons (Battle Royal)
Winner: Immortan Joe

Non-canon Match 2: Frederick Hope vs. SimsMagic vs. Pomp vs. Lord of Butt (fatal 4-way)
Winner: Pomp

Oh yeah, LPFWA also has a wiki that's been around for ages, and it's mostly up-to-date. I've been doing most of the editing for it, but anyone can edit it if they want to.

Schir fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 14, 2015

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

On a scale from 1 to drunk I'm perfectly sober ( seriousyl just look at my spelling)
I'll upload the show tomorrow because I'm too sober to upload the show right now, I need a little aclohol in my blod to dactually do that. The pain of being straight edge)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

What kind of amiibos is Loki offering here? If he's packing Villagers and Wii Fit Trainers, I may be persuaded to help him out...

Oh, also Lucina. Gotta get all those FE characters before If comes out.

Fun fact, I actually found a Marth the other day.

• Locked thread