Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Thanks, those were the ones I was thinking of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

Trastion posted:

Cross Me and Cross Me Color are ones I play from time to time.

For some reason I much prefer Cross Me to Cross Me Color, but both are great.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
What are the IAPs of CrossMe Premium? I assume that it comes with all puzzles and no ads, so...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I got #YMBAB yesterday, and one sometimes it doesn't fit right on my phone (2nd generation Moto X.)

When in the "dungeon" sometimes, but not always, the bottom row of tiles is like half cut off.

It only barely affects the gameplay, so it's not a big deal, just wondering if anyone else has seen/experienced it.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Been playing a lot of This War of Mine lately. Is there anything similar for Android?

I have beat Rebuild in about 5 different ways and got bored of that.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Morter posted:

What are the IAPs of CrossMe Premium? I assume that it comes with all puzzles and no ads, so...

You can buy hints, completely unnecessary to playing the game.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

dpack_1 posted:

Been playing a lot of This War of Mine lately. Is there anything similar for Android?

TWoM should be out on Android next month; I haven't run across anything else similar, though.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

nerox posted:

For some reason I much prefer Cross Me to Cross Me Color, but both are great.

I prefer it because after playing a shitton of Paint it Back on my iPad the extra rule the colors adds trips me up.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I just answered a relatively indepth survey about shoes and only got 24 pence for it. :(

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
YMBAB updated today and claims to have added achievements. It did add Google Play Games integration but signing in just changes the button to say sign out and the Games app shows no achievements.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

FadedReality posted:

I prefer it because after playing a shitton of Paint it Back on my iPad the extra rule the colors adds trips me up.

Exactly how I feel about it. I got Cross Me Color for free, but really wish that it had been the original. I barely play Color now.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Malek posted:

I hear he spawns in different places but he's REALLY transparent. I found him just off the right edge of the boat where the land meets the water.

I found him...

then I did the reset :v:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Hey, someone tell me what gamepad(s) I should get to debug/test Android controller support on Sproggiwood!

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Angrymog posted:

I just answered a relatively indepth survey about shoes and only got 24 pence for it. :(

This morning I was asked if I spent more than $500 in jewellery and/or watches in the past 7 days.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Haerc posted:

This morning I was asked if I spent more than $500 in jewellery and/or watches in the past 7 days.

They just asked me if I ran an ultramarathon recently. I got 56 cents. Thanks drunk google!

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

So surveys all tend to come out about the same time each week, I take it? I got one this morning (for dropbox, 2 questions for 14 cents)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

poo poo, I just checked my 'reward history', and I've earned less than $5 since January. Meanwhile, my wife (who accidentally answered the trap question incorrectly) is up to something like $15.

Obviously, Google is WAY more interested in the female perspective.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Started early April 5th and somehow got over :10bux: at June 6th. :shrug: I'm male, but I do get a lot of questions on places I eat for lunch since I go out a lot with coworkers. I assume as soon as they get the info they want the survey frequency will drop off.

Recently bought YMBAB and an inapp purchase for Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Maybe in another month or three I can get Sproggiwood.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Started early April 5th and somehow got over :10bux: at June 6th. :shrug: I'm male, but I do get a lot of questions on places I eat for lunch since I go out a lot with coworkers. I assume as soon as they get the info they want the survey frequency will drop off.

Recently bought YMBAB and an inapp purchase for Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Maybe in another month or three I can get Sproggiwood.

Are you Canadian? I am. It seems as if the Canadian 25-35 year old male is the oversaturated market. :negative:

EDIT: I promise I'll stop vvv I keep bringing it up :ohdear:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 10, 2015

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Maybe someone would like to make an Opinion Rewards thread? It's by far the most popular and longest-running game this thread has ever talked about :v:

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I wish those of us in London got more surveys too.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I wish those of us in London got more surveys too.

I live in London and just got my first survey in about a month asking me to answer 3 questions about Google Opinion Rewards App, one question was "explain what you would like to see changed about the app", i said "more surveys for those outside of the USA", then was asked how likely was i to recommend it to others, to which i still said 10 because free funbux are free funbux regardless. They gave me £0.50 for saying that.

I have £2 saved up and dunno what to throw it at.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Are you Canadian? I am. It seems as if the Canadian 25-35 year old male is the oversaturated market. :negative:

EDIT: I promise I'll stop vvv I keep bringing it up :ohdear:

I think their category is 25-34. I remember looking at that and answering honestly, even though I figured I'd probably be slightly more in demand as a 35-49 and I was just six weeks away.

Then those six weeks passed and I got another survey asking what age demo I was in. I updated it to 35-49 and got 20 cents. A "happy birthday" from Google is worth less than a happy birthday from Microsoft.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I just signed up for google rewards and was asked if I thought the UN was doing a good job and what I would tell Congress if given the chance. :shrug: Paid me $1

I've been playing Adventure Capitalist for the last couple days. Very addictive, but not all that fun

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Maybe someone would like to make an Opinion Rewards thread? It's by far the most popular and longest-running game this thread has ever talked about :v:

It's not like this thread is that busy to begin with. I can't even use Opinion Rewards ever since I moved back to Canada from the US because if I try to enter my details google autodetects me as still living in Chicago and I can't manually enter anything to fix it. :(

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Answering surveys = cashmoney for android games. Having a separate thread for surveys negates that purpose. If it wasn't for the Last thread talking about it I would still be buying cards like a sucker. Even in the iOS games thread(when I read it long ago) there would be the occasional post on good deals on apple cards like amazon selling 100bux cards for 70bux or something along those lines.

Besides, look at the thread title. You're in survey country. :clint:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Speaking of surveys I had a super specific question. "In the past week have you gone to a outdoor 24 hour dive-in theater?" The dive in theater I went to is only open at nights. I'm not really sure how that would work during the day.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

dpack_1 posted:

I live in London and just got my first survey in about a month asking me to answer 3 questions about Google Opinion Rewards App, one question was "explain what you would like to see changed about the app", i said "more surveys for those outside of the USA", then was asked how likely was i to recommend it to others, to which i still said 10 because free funbux are free funbux regardless. They gave me £0.50 for saying that.

I have £2 saved up and dunno what to throw it at.

Motorsport Manager is a good time for $2. Otherwise hold out for a week or 6 months for YMBAB, depending when that $2 turns to $3.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Google must've twigged out on me last month. I got the same exact survey immediately after submitting it the first time. More strange was the payout: $.54 for the first, $.57 for the second. :iiam:

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Knightmare posted:

Motorsport Manager is a good time for $2. Otherwise hold out for a week or 6 months for YMBAB, depending when that $2 turns to $3.

I bought YMBAB given the hype. It sucked.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I bought YMBAB and it's easily one of my favorite mobile games. Top 3 for sure. It's basically just more 10000000 with some extra stuff thrown in.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Apogee15 posted:

I bought YMBAB and it's easily one of my favorite mobile games. Top 3 for sure. It's basically just more 10000000 with some extra stuff thrown in.

He's also taking feedback on the issues some people have been complaining about and it's likely to get better, but he felt like he needed to get a working release out the door.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a free, ad-supported version of Threes! out for anyone who balked at the original's price tag.

Interactive fiction game Lifeline is also out on the Play Store. Originally released for the Apple Watch, the game is about a stranded astronaut who communicates with you through notifications and who you follow in real time.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 11, 2015

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Apogee15 posted:

I feel like some things were taken away, though.

For instance, shields. Previously, you saw the actual number...now, it's just a bar and you have just a vague notion of how much is there based on color/opacity.

There were also some items you could get that would flood your gameboard with a certain kind of tile, like a whole bunch of swords or wands or keys, and that seems to be gone, as well as the "key" item to instantly unlock a chest/door (well..doors are gone, I guess...replaced with those boxes that need X number of tiles to get past...and it's always a tile I have, like, 2 of on my board. :argh:))

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is anyone else having trouble updating YMBAB? It keeps downloading, installing, then giving a random error message.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Reboot your device and try again.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I feel like some things were taken away, though.

For instance, shields. Previously, you saw the actual number...now, it's just a bar and you have just a vague notion of how much is there based on color/opacity.

There were also some items you could get that would flood your gameboard with a certain kind of tile, like a whole bunch of swords or wands or keys, and that seems to be gone, as well as the "key" item to instantly unlock a chest/door (well..doors are gone, I guess...replaced with those boxes that need X number of tiles to get past...and it's always a tile I have, like, 2 of on my board. :argh:))
I hated the doors in 10M, they killed me more than anything else.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

beerinator posted:

They just asked me if I ran an ultramarathon recently. I got 56 cents. Thanks drunk google!

Got another odd one this morning:

What is the catchiest name on this list:

Chris Lee
Christopher Lee
Chris Shup-something
Chris Love
Christopher Love

Wtf.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Haerc posted:

Got another odd one this morning:

What is the catchiest name on this list:

Chris Lee
Christopher Lee
Chris Shup-something
Chris Love
Christopher Love

Wtf.

Great timing on that one, Google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
That's why I thought it was strange, I mean I think I read the rewards thing before I heard about him dying.