Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*
Comte, were you responsible for the heat from the forge in Skellige being 'something awful', or am I reading too much into this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Gaz-L posted:

You'd have to get to Skellige at least, I think.

I'm there, but like level 15 or so. what level are they?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

TheTrend posted:

Second part of the Imlerith battle: just Dodge while he teleports, after a handful of times he sticks his mace in the ground and is locked. Just wail on him. It's not hard. Cast igny for extra damage.

And enjoy the awesome cinematic afterwards. Fucker gets his poo poo obliterated.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Turds in magma posted:

Dude in "putrid grove" or whatever it's called will sell you the big one (+100?). Just go through the doors, then turn immediately left, he's behind a glass door.

Not near my ps4 now. Is there a marker for putrid grove? Or what's the closest to it? Easier enough, anyone got a map? I'm super bad at navigating.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dollas posted:

I'm there, but like level 15 or so. what level are they?

I think there's only one (maybe 2 or 3) but there's a contract one that's part of the master armourer quest from Crow's Perch, but it doesn't come up until you bring the blacksmith lady her tools from the islands.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
I've had the Qwent theme song stuck in my head for days now. Not even all of it. Just the first melody with the flute. Thinking I'm going to have to "van Gogh" my ears to make it stop.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Dozens and dozens of hours in and 1.5 seems to have made me reach critical mass with the bugs. Almost all my diagrams for the superior cat armor have disappeared from my inventory and I am level 24. So basically I am completely hosed with that set line, and you can't even make the mastercrafted stuff without the superior stuff. GG.

e: Ok apparently CDProjekt can't make a patch that doesn't reset a bunch of your diagrams to their original locations. So find an online guide and go back to the chests to pull the diagrams again for some reason. Also appreciate the lower framerate of the latest patch

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 11, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Calaveron posted:

Not near my ps4 now. Is there a marker for putrid grove? Or what's the closest to it? Easier enough, anyone got a map? I'm super bad at navigating.

Finding random places like that in novigrad is a huge pain - try finding "the nowhere inn" where lambert hangs out without a map. I found a labeled map online but for some reason it doesn't have this, sorry.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Calaveron posted:

Thing is, I loving hate that stupid horse and dread every time I have to ride him. Just give me the hyper saddlebags or patch out encumbrance limits

The best saddle bag is for sale in Novigrad - all you need to do is (I think) the very first story quest there and you'll get a vendor in an otherwise sealed off area that will sell you a +100 saddle bag for about 1k gold. Also progressing the story there will net you the best racing saddle in the game (or so I think), eventually.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sauer posted:

I've had the Qwent theme song stuck in my head for days now. Not even all of it. Just the first melody with the flute. Thinking I'm going to have to "van Gogh" my ears to make it stop.

I feel sorry for the composer since I can't remember any music but the Gwent themes. Hey! ... Hey!

Calaveron posted:

The putrid grove is inaccessible unless you do the first Novigrad plot quest, unlocking access to it is the first goal you're given after you visit Triss' old house by Hierarch Square. Once you're in it's the miscellaneous merchant right next to the entrance.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Justin Credible posted:

Dozens and dozens of hours in and 1.5 seems to have made me reach critical mass with the bugs. Almost all my diagrams for the superior cat armor have disappeared from my inventory and I am level 24. So basically I am completely hosed with that set line, and you can't even make the mastercrafted stuff without the superior stuff. GG.

download this http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/143/
item codes http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/Item_Spawn_Codes

additem ('Lynx Pants 3')

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ice Fist posted:

The best saddle bag is for sale in Novigrad - all you need to do is (I think) the very first story quest there and you'll get a vendor in an otherwise sealed off area that will sell you a +100 saddle bag for about 1k gold. Also progressing the story there will net you the best racing saddle in the game (or so I think), eventually.

No yeah I passed that part already but I don't recall if putrid grove is labelled or marked in an easy to find manner

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Calaveron posted:

No yeah I passed that part already but I don't recall if putrid grove is labelled or marked in an easy to find manner

Recognizing the merchant on the minimap is probably the easiest way to do it but gently caress if I have any advice there.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Not at all. I think that one merchant and the fact that you can't access it unless you do the quest is the only indicator. But if you do a lot of exploring Novigrad off-plot it's actually pretty noticeable and you won't forget.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Thanks for that. But I figured out what happened, is that these guys can't make a patch that doesn't lower framerates and yank diagrams out of your inventory and put them back in the original spawn locations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ah ok I found a picture, it's in the southern isle, smack dab in the middle

Burns
May 10, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

And enjoy the awesome cinematic afterwards. Fucker gets his poo poo obliterated.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Although is it just me or did the fight with Eredin leave it open ended as to whether he's dead? Those hounds interrupt and then so does Yennefer before Geralt can deliver the final blow. Even if he lived I see no way he can get back to his own world unless he also knows how to use the random portals. Also, if Ciri somehow defeated the White Frost, would it also effect that world?

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Magni posted:

The normal aswer of a Witcher who gets offered a contrct on an actual dragon is somewhere along the lines of "HELL loving NO!" If you have a genuine dragon problem in the Witcher world, you don't need a Witcher, you need an army.

No, it doesn't take an army to take down regular dragons. Geralt even talked about a group of mercenaries capable of taking down monsters and dragons (Crinfrid Reavers), and people like them are one of the main reasons Dragons are endangered in the first place, because many parts of their body are valuable ingredients in many stuff, and they are hunted down more for the treasures they might have hoarded.
Of course, against high tier dragons like the Golden Dragons its a different story.

According to Geralt, he generally don't kill dragons because he doesn't think dragons are human's enemy

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Randomzx posted:

According to Geralt, he generally don't kill dragons because he doesn't think dragons are human's enemy

I hope Saskia's okay.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I hope Saskia's okay.

Not knowing her fate is my biggest annoyance about this entire game.

There isn't any point to Iorveth's path in W2 at all unless you want a causus belli for screwing Roche over in W3 (because you never gave a poo poo about him on Roche's path).

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

Not knowing her fate is my biggest annoyance about this entire game.

There isn't any point to Iorveth's path in W2 at all unless you want a causus belli for screwing Roche over in W3 (because you never gave a poo poo about him on Roche's path).

Well, you could ask Phillipa about Saskia near the end of the game, but it is still a vague answer. It might be possible the question would be addressed in one of the expansions.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Randomzx posted:

Well, you could ask Phillipa about Saskia near the end of the game, but it is still a vague answer. It might be possible the question would be addressed in one of the expansions.

What!?

Christ I'm going to need to do another playthrough just to hear this myself.

Edit: Ok, just spoil it for me. What's she say?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Ice Fist posted:

What!?

Christ I'm going to need to do another playthrough just to hear this myself.

Edit: Ok, just spoil it for me. What's she say?

Yeah, don't do another playthrough for that, it's literally only a few lines.

Philippa says that when Nilfgaard invaded Aedirn, she lost control of Saskia, who flew away. She doesn't know where she is now. Philippa shouldn't have had control of her at all in my case as I did the bit with the spell breaking dagger at the end of TW2 but I guess they didn't account for that.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Yeah, don't do another playthrough for that, it's literally only a few lines.

Philippa says that when Nilfgaard invaded Aedirn, she lost control of Saskia, who flew away. She doesn't know where she is now. Philippa shouldn't have had control of her at all in my case as I did the bit with the spell breaking dagger at the end of TW2 but I guess they didn't account for that.

Roche path is basically canon regardless of your import, so yeah. You'd think "Megalomanical and Vengeful Sorceress controlling a dragon, Y/N?" would be one of those big import story flags, but there you go.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
As much as I love the game I feel the music was a misstep, only for the compositions that thought it was a good idea to have female vocals forcefully singing YAA UHH AAHH DUUUH EEHHH AHH OOOO OOOOHHHH AHHH LAAA for fights in certain areas. Terribly annoying.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Questions about Ruven's Treasure: Should I let Triss be tortured to find the location, or just give the fat gently caress the key and murder everyone there? If there arn't any endgame consequences I don't really care, but he says he might provide coin for helping mages escape, so that seems pretty good incentive. I don't care for spoilers in this case.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Nutmeg posted:

As much as I love the game I feel the music was a misstep, only for the compositions that thought it was a good idea to have female vocals forcefully singing YAA UHH AAHH DUUUH EEHHH AHH OOOO OOOOHHHH AHHH LAAA for fights in certain areas. Terribly annoying.

Ahaha, I actually really like those particular tracks. They just belt out the vocals with such gusto :allears:

https://youtu.be/oLSdl-CdOBo?t=1h7m10s

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Perestroika posted:

Ahaha, I actually really like those particular tracks. They just belt out the vocals with such gusto :allears:

https://youtu.be/oLSdl-CdOBo?t=1h7m10s

Its a bad choice for the situation where the music can begin/end suddenly and repeatedly. Nit-picky but I know I'll still have the same witcher melody that's in multiple compositions for the game for awhile, which is my driving force to not restart and step away for a good while.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like the song but I agree it cuts in and out quickly (since it's a combat track).

I do like the throat singing they worked in there a lot though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Broose posted:

Questions about Ruven's Treasure: Should I let Triss be tortured to find the location, or just give the fat gently caress the key and murder everyone there? If there arn't any endgame consequences I don't really care, but he says he might provide coin for helping mages escape, so that seems pretty good incentive. I don't care for spoilers in this case.

Don't think of it in those terms. Triss specifically says, multiple times, she knows what's going to happen to her, and that she can take it. It comes down to if you trust her word or you/Geralt can't take it/need to 'save' her.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How do I complete the optional objective in A Poet Under Pressure? The guy I need to talk to is involved in A Deadly Plot and doesn't want to talk stuff other than that quest. Do I need to complete the other quest first?

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Is there info/list out there about the witcher 2 choices and how those choices play out in 3? I didn't kill letho in 2, I didn't see him in 3 but I have no doubts he's in there somewhere (purposefully haven't looked it up).

Nevermind found one, seems the choices only affect very little from what I see people bitching about. Ah well.

Nutmeg fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 12, 2015

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Nutmeg posted:

Is there info/list out there about the witcher 2 choices and how those choices play out in 3? I didn't kill letho in 2, I didn't see him in 3 but I have no doubts he's in there somewhere (purposefully haven't looked it up).

Nevermind found one, seems the choices only affect very little from what I see people bitching about. Ah well.

This is one of the disappointing things about this game for me, and I LOVE this game. I don't mind that Nilfgard's invasion and Radovid's craziness basically explain why Upper Aedirn didn't survive or why Henselt is dead. Geralt is only one man, and his choices would have limited reach at best. But It seems like they don't even acknowledge some of the larger plot points of Witcher 2 or even 1. I mean I guess this series has handled carrying over choices a bit better than other games that have attempted it, but it still could have been so much more.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nutmeg posted:

I hate the vocalizations in this game's music so much :negative:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I honestly feel kinda bad for people who killed letho in w2.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Broose posted:

Do what you think is the right or most entertaining thing. Djikstra's opinion of you is either completely inconsequential or pretty important depending on what you decide to do later in the game.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I honestly feel kinda bad for people who killed letho in w2.

Letho is such a well voiced / designed character that I would be all over him becoming a protagonist in following witcher games.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

l33t b4c0n posted:

This is one of the disappointing things about this game for me, and I LOVE this game. I don't mind that Nilfgard's invasion and Radovid's craziness basically explain why Upper Aedirn didn't survive or why Henselt is dead. Geralt is only one man, and his choices would have limited reach at best. But It seems like they don't even acknowledge some of the larger plot points of Witcher 2 or even 1. I mean I guess this series has handled carrying over choices a bit better than other games that have attempted it, but it still could have been so much more.

Pretty much agree with this on all points. It could have been more, and I hoped it would have been more, but I also try to keep in mind how much I like the story, why I like the story, and if messing with big things could have put a damper on witcher 3's story. To me they proved how well they can write out well alternate story elements so I was hoping for that to shine in how big they talked up witcher 3.

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop

Randomzx posted:

Having just finished a run through of Witcher 2, I think they would be mad not to do a Saskia-focused DLC, almost completely excluding from Witcher 3 the final boss of Witcher 2 (that you can choose to leave alive) is an incredibly strange decision and I'm sure they're using it to make one of the big expansions all the more enticing ("A whole new area! More levels! More monsters! Find out what happened to Saskia!")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Just finished on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty at around 70 hours -- I played a lot of Gwent. The story and production values are great. The world is great. My only real complaint is the combat -- it's SO EASY. Maybe Dark Souls just ruined 3rd person combat that's not absurdly challenging for me, but there wasn't a single fight where I needed any significant strategy to win. I died many times, to be sure, but that's more because I would just get into a groove blitzing everything with fast attack for an hour and then a decent enemy would happen along and I'd have to take him semi-seriously the next time around. If you've played Dark Souls, everyone is absurdly easy to dodge with the spacebar roll, parrying is laughably simple, and the strategy "Roll diagonally towards enemy, turn and fast attack their flanks/rear a few times, repeat" is sufficient to kill pretty much every major enemy in the game without fail. The fights that were the hardest for me were the top tier brawling fights against humans, because they would actually block and you can't roll. But you can still just parry them every time if you're patient. The bear and troll fistfights were much easier because you can just roll diagonally and punch them in the back and sides. When I got to the end boss and he started to use area attacks I thought he might finally make me try hard but nope, rolls and fast attacks in the back carried the day.

Basically if Eredin had been more like the Fume Knight I'd have thought this was perfect. It was still awesome, but if I played it again it wouldn't be for the combat.