Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Aurain posted:

Yeah, I posted that while thinking about how much of a bastard Joseph is.
The volume releases did make an effort to point that out, which makes it all the more fun.

Oh snap, didn't realize that the post was a DOUBLE CROSS from a manga reader. Good work there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I almost slipped up bitching about Dio's second form being so hard for Joseph in the game in there (one, because Joseph is "dead" now, two because even stating he has a second form means that he gets a mid-fight powerup in the show, possibly).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Joseph and Suzie Q are the best couple in JJBA. I hope they didn't separate at the end of DiU. :ohdear:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Zeruel posted:

I was just about to post this :allears:

When I read that Josuke was Joseph's bastard, I yelled out loud "JOSEPH YOU ARSEHOLE HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO SUZY"

seriously, always disliked that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It just had to be for Part 4 to exist, sadly. I dislike it too, but it's pretty obvious Part 4 is totally post script and other than having another Jotaro story, it was the only way to go.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Joseph is just a good father to Holly

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
I'm actually impressed that no one has "accidentally" revealed the second time stop in the anime thread. One thing is ZA WARUDO, everyone and his dog knows that because of the meme, but Star Platinum being able to stop time seems to have gone mostly unspoiled.

I actually think it's kind of interesting in hindsight, most stands have an ability on top of being able to attack. Arguably not Silver Chariot.

Silver Chariot has the auxiliary abilities of sword-shooting and armor removal, but those are technically in keeping with his general stabbiness.

Hermit Purple can obviously be used as entangling vines, but also has the ability to divine things.
Hierophant Green can Emerald Splash at things, but can also possess things.
Avdol has all sorts of utility fire-powers, and can, of course, still punch and kick at things.
The Fool's sand can shapeshift into things.

Jotaro can...???

Jotaro (and arguably polnareff) is the only one who doesn't really have an ability before Star Platinum's timestop is revealed. He can punch and kick really well, but that's a matter of degree in comparison to the others, not really a specific ability.

edit: I mean, yeah, Jotaro's baseline capability with the stand is really high. He's got ridiculous eyesight and other senses with it too, but it's not an 'ability'

Exercu fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 11, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The thing about Star Platinum is that he just totally bullshits a bunch of random things during the arc, like sucking up Justice and Star Finger.

It'd be quite easy to just assume that Star Platinum is general usage or sort of stretchy.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Aurain posted:

Yeah, I posted that while thinking about how much of a bastard Joseph is.
The volume releases did make an effort to point that out, which makes it all the more fun.

actually i think you will find it's josuke who is the bastard

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Nah man, Josuke's legit.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

peepin that straight-up reference to part 5 in the anime thread :yikes:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I blame Aurain more than Zeruel.

Which is not to say I don't blame Zeruel but that deadbeat post, really dude?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was gonna say NEET, but he's trying to make The World better so he is training.

I didn't mean it in reference to VA though, he's just a NEET vampire.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i just kinda figured people would get the idea that over time dio PROBABLY had sex with some people based on aurain's post, which isn't exactly a huge leap in thinking to make.

and then, you know, actual direct link to the fact that one of dio's kids is an important character

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You say deadbeat, I immediately think deadbeat dad.

Probably not the only one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think Silver Chariot's power is being so fast that it makes illusions.

Too bad it only ever uses that once in the whole manga. :v:

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Does Araki know what a green day is? Is that why its power is to force everyone to stay high?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm glad the Vento Aureo game kept in one of the most important scenes in the entire series.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

Does Araki know what a green day is? Is that why its power is to force everyone to stay high?

lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Epitaph has a funny face

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

IT has some powers
You can't explain
This Stand
Has a funny face.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Exercu posted:

Jotaro can...???
Poke things with his stand's finger that are like five feet away. The best secondary power.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Soulcleaver posted:

Poke things with his stand's finger that are like five feet away. The best secondary power.

How loving amazing would it have been if Jotaro had killed Pucci by shooting out a Star Finger? Like, imagine if Pucci was dancing just outside his time stop reach, then, BAM, time resumes with two fingers in his skull. Amazing.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Christ, I wasnt thinking at all. :suicide:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Jotaro's power is to be the most hardcore motherfucker in the room at all times. He learnt to stop time because Dio was being more hardcore than him for a bit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Have you ever made a man so angry that he stopped time? I, Dio, have."

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

"Have you ever made a man so angry that he stopped time? I, Dio, have."

Saving this for the finale next week.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

How did I never notice that Spice Girl's battle cry is

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
so mad he forgot what drawing were

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Spice Girl's Stand Cry is the second best musical reference. :allears:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Darko posted:

I almost slipped up bitching about Dio's second form being so hard for Joseph in the game in there (one, because Joseph is "dead" now, two because even stating he has a second form means that he gets a mid-fight powerup in the show, possibly).

What do you even mean by "Dio's second form?" Do you mean how in Heritage for the Future Dio's sprite doesn't have the jacket, spoiling that he's going to take it off?

Is it his lips inexplicably becoming black?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 12, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

He's most likely referring to Dio supercharging himself with Joseph's blood, yes.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The implication I'm getting from the Vento Aureo game is that whenever Doppio's phone rings, it's just him going "BRRRING BRRRING"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All Star Battle backs that up.

Pururururururu~

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Worst Girl posted:

The implication I'm getting from the Vento Aureo game is that whenever Doppio's phone rings, it's just him going "BRRRING BRRRING"
Yep.
Edit: Formatting screwed up the time. Skip to 1:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsU5HfXDHbw

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 12, 2015

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Worst Girl posted:

How did I never notice that Spice Girl's battle cry is

Worst Girl posted:

p sure the current part 5 scans get rid of both of these

I know it gets rid of volare via

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Worst Girl posted:

I'm not sure how you could think it was anything else?

Unless you mean possibly his stand.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

p sure the current part 5 scans get rid of both of these

I know it gets rid of volare via

Then they're poo poo.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm not sure how you could think it was anything else?

Unless you mean possibly his stand.
All I remember is the translation using ringing sound effects, but I could have just forgotten.

The scans also remove Narancia's stand cry.

edit: Looking at the scans again, I think I just interpreted this as Doppio hearing ringing from his head, and not actual speech bubbles.

edit 2: Here's a blog post from someone who I think must be working on the fixed translation of part 5. It's about how everyone is supposed to be characterized. I thought it was interesting.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What do you even mean by "Dio's second form?" Do you mean how in Heritage for the Future Dio's sprite doesn't have the jacket, spoiling that he's going to take it off?

Is it his lips inexplicably becoming black?

Maybe he's born with it.

(Maybe it's Vampirism)