Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Mission accomplished.. I have managed to derail the thread for an entire page. I feel like I have accomplished a great deal with this. Good work boys, someone turn out the lights when you leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

demonR6 posted:

Mission accomplished.. I have managed to derail the thread for an entire page. I feel like I have accomplished a great deal with this. Good work boys, someone turn out the lights when you leave.

You give yourself too much credit. It just happens that BBQ and pulled pork is far more exciting than world of tanks.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I only get to eat good BBQ once a year when I visit home. It's been 11 months so I'm fiending.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Reading all these burger posts is the equivalent of scratching my rear end and sniffing my hand afterwards.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Bitter Mushroom posted:

are they reworking arty? I've never seen a mechanic in any game that rewards scrubs so much. It's like if you could play purely as the cruise missile in cod

My buddy who has most of his hours in arty kept telling me how arty is just fine and gently caress the whiners.

Then he bought a Churchill III and got hosed up by arty constantly and was extremely pissed

justice

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Haquer posted:

My buddy who has most of his hours in arty kept telling me how arty is just fine and gently caress the whiners.

Then he bought a Churchill III and got hosed up by arty constantly and was extremely pissed

justice

Karma is a dish best served with a 240mm doom canon.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
Eating Korean BBQ every day this week, because, Korea.

Also, not playing tanks and doing poo poo is fun. Sorry you all play a terrible game. I will join you in this stupid addiction once I get back.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Holy poo poo the map rotation is awful for trying to get LT15 done.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
I was talking to Dandy the other day and you know what goes extremely well with BBQ's down here in the southern hemisphere?

Feast your eyes on this

This is a Pavlova. Apparently, Americans have nothing like this to eat while they shoot pixel tanks. Some filthy Australians say that they invented it. They are wrong, as usual. No, this was invented in New Zealand by honest, hard working kiwis. It's beaten cream on a meringue like base and topped with fruit. Unlike meringues though, a Pavlova is crunchy on the outside and has a lovely, soft marshmellowy centre. This is the reason why New Zealand has such a high obesity rate.

You literally can't have a BBQ in the summertime in New Zealand without having one of these. It's also a state crime to have one without strawberries as well.

Zanziabar fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 12, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Holy poo poo the map rotation is awful for trying to get LT15 done.

I just started asking my clanmates, "hey has anyone seen Prokorovka at high tiers in the last hour?"

Someone said they did, and I immediately got Prok and got the mission done :3

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

lol this campaign is loving hilarious. Yesterday, I got 4700 fame points, and ended up at 2205th place.

I just got 38200 fame points for a fight. JohnGalt, if PINGU doesn't gently caress up and makes it to the fancy New Swabia map, both of us will be getting a tank.

e: John Galt you're up to 29k, there should be enough fame to go around for both of us to get the tank if PINGU doesn't die. Good thing there isn't a known clan killer in the clan, right?

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 12, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

I just started asking my clanmates, "hey has anyone seen Prokorovka at high tiers in the last hour?"

Someone said they did, and I immediately got Prok and got the mission done :3

Just got it done on abbey out of all the maps.

I also bounced two shots from a batchat and got a spartan from it in my 13 90 :smug:

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Hellsau posted:

lol this campaign is loving hilarious. Yesterday, I got 4700 fame points, and ended up at 2205th place.

I just got 38200 fame points for a fight. JohnGalt, if PINGU doesn't gently caress up and makes it to the fancy New Swabia map, both of us will be getting a tank.

e: John Galt you're up to 29k, there should be enough fame to go around for both of us to get the tank if PINGU doesn't die. Good thing there isn't a known clan killer in the clan, right?

I'll be more pissed if you kill the clan without me being able to witness it.

That being said, the last few weeks Ryan hasn't been to involved and there aren't that many other leaders. Having seen a few implosions first hand (see: AOD, SSGS, -MLP-, PBKAC(gently caress you, pbkac is dead), it is pretty much the early stages of a clan dying.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Have a replay of a good arty round, both for me and the BULBA guy on the other team.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JohnGalt posted:

I'll be more pissed if you kill the clan without me being able to witness it.

That being said, the last few weeks Ryan hasn't been to involved and there aren't that many other leaders. Having seen a few implosions first hand (see: AOD, SSGS, -MLP-, PBKAC(gently caress you, pbkac is dead), it is pretty much the early stages of a clan dying.

Huh, I guess I must be getting kicked out before that starts - I suppose I'm usually the reason for the clan leadership kicking it. Ryan was perfectly happy playing ARMA 3 before the campaign and after that terribly boring war.

I'll try to let the clam live until you get back to drive your shiny new tank. Can't wait too long though since I have a reputation to consider.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.
I was going to post some snarky poo poo about arty, but why would I when we have apparent culinary perfection to lust over. Beaten cream with a soft cent-- ugh, I need new pants. brb, moving to New Zealand.

PS arty perfectly balanced, nothing wrong with one shots and lottery mechanics pip pip cheerio

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
When dealing with shitlers, timing is everything.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

why are there so many loving guderians

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

why are there so many loving guderians

Hellsau was already taken when they made their accounts.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

For some reason, after taking our designated province, my clan still failed it's mission and it looks like WG won't compensate us for a bug that they acknowledge. :suicide:

If they are going to make us fight for clan fame instead of player fame, they should at least have their poo poo in order.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I was just writing a post complaining about how I've barely managed to win four games out of twelve this morning because this week is absolute hell in WoT for me. My win rate has been closer to 30% than my global WR of 51.4%, regardless of the tank I'm in or if I'm platooned. Not because I've been playing differently, but because team after team is full of people who just never do any damage. I mean, my platoon-mate and I bought discount Jagdtiger 88s from Kinguin last weekend and we've still not managed a win in them after ten games. It is like playing an entirely different game to two weeks ago. One where my actions are entirely irrelevant to the (almost constantly negative) outcome.
Seriously, almost every loving game looks like this:

Then my last game was won for our team not by my four kills and 1200 damage, or the efforts of the team members who could be bothered to click red tanks, but by the top tier ARL bot who spent the entire game on his spawn point and only fired when the enemy artillery came to cap. This game is preposterous.

I know it's just an aberrant run of bad luck on a random matchmaker, but at the moment I am tempted to just give up on Tanks as a whole, which is a shame.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jun 12, 2015

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Huh, I guess I must be getting kicked out before that starts - I suppose I'm usually the reason for the clan leadership kicking it. Ryan was perfectly happy playing ARMA 3 before the campaign and after that terribly boring war.

I'll try to let the clam live until you get back to drive your shiny new tank. Can't wait too long though since I have a reputation to consider.

Can you finish off PBKAC next?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

Good thing there isn't a known clan killer in the clan, right?

Please join Armored Warfare, I would like to make you second in command of my new Batallion on the EU server, I named it.... CHAI. Creative huh? I think the Asians might get mad at me but w/e.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
amerigoons, please leave us alone.

also, i ran into silentstalker in my second game of testing AW last night. he died the first minute or something, so i have no idea whether he actually saw me accusing him of being a roma-hating racist :/ Shocking that he's poo poo at that tank game too tbh

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jun 12, 2015

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I was just writing a post complaining about how I've barely managed to win four games out of twelve this morning because this week is absolute hell in WoT for me. My win rate has been closer to 30% than my global WR of 51.4%, regardless of the tank I'm in or if I'm platooned. Not because I've been playing differently, but because team after team is full of people who just never do any damage. I mean, my platoon-mate and I bought discount Jagdtiger 88s from Kinguin last weekend and we've still not managed a win in them after ten games. It is like playing an entirely different game to two weeks ago. One where my actions are entirely irrelevant to the (almost constantly negative) outcome.

Then my last game was won for our team not by my four kills and 1200 damage, or the efforts of the team members who could be bothered to click red tanks, but by the top tier ARL bot who spent the entire game on his spawn point and only fired when the enemy artillery came to cap. This game is preposterous.

I know it's just an aberrant run of bad luck on a random matchmaker, but at the moment I am tempted to just give up on Tanks as a whole, which is a shame.

If you're playing in the US schools are letting out this time of year and now all the dumbest little morons have all the time in the world to play. It dies down a bit once you hit ~July either that or you drink so much you don't remember the difference.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atal Vataman posted:

also, i ran into silentstalker in my second game of testing AW last night. he died the first minute or something, so i have no idea whether he actually saw me accusing him of being a roma-hating racist :/ Shocking that he's poo poo at that tank game too tbh

he wouldn't have died if he was in a czech tank like god intended :poland:

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
does anyone know why some countries have massively more players than others? do WG have loving fantastic marketing in poland or something?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

rex rabidorum vires posted:

If you're playing in the US schools are letting out this time of year and now all the dumbest little morons have all the time in the world to play. It dies down a bit once you hit ~July either that or you drink so much you don't remember the difference.

My last 3 failtoons have appeared to be precisely this. In one, I one-shot the UE57 in my T20 and the Easy Eight proceeds to whine at me, saying that it was his kid brother and now he was crying. I've put them both on my hit list.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Atal Vataman posted:

Was his name mycom_silentstalker?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
just "Silentstalker"

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Probably not him, MY.com employees identify themselves in the game like WG employees when they play. I am pretty sure it should look like what I posted. This may be an imposter. I have run into devs before and they always have the prefix. Freitag is on a lot and I know for a fact he has it. Unless of course SS is not complying but I don't think he is that rogue.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
he's a loving idiot, that's for sure

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

demonR6 posted:

Probably not him, MY.com employees identify themselves in the game like WG employees when they play. I am pretty sure it should look like what I posted. This may be an imposter. I have run into devs before and they always have the prefix. Freitag is on a lot and I know for a fact he has it. Unless of course SS is not complying but I don't think he is that rogue.

This reminds me a few days ago I had JinglesNA on my team but sadly he didn't talk at all when I asked him to stop camping like a gaylord or if he was wearing his SS uniform, he played alright so I dunno if that was real or fake Jingles.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

I want to show up for clan fights for the campaign but I can only show 3 times a week. One of the callers said "sorry, but if you can't attend every night you can potentially be preventing someone who is attending every night from getting the tank."

This campaign is SO loving stupid that it is making me angry. I never get angry when it comes to poo poo like this. I just want to do some fights but get told I should not offer to join because I am :siren:COMPETING DIRECTLY WITH MY CLANMATES:siren:. This campaign is putting the leaders of the clan and the callers in such a lovely position, like seriously what the gently caress were they thinking?

Edit: Not mad at clan/callers, it is the stupid loving rules of the campaign.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 12, 2015

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Bitter Mushroom posted:

does anyone know why some countries have massively more players than others? do WG have loving fantastic marketing in poland or something?

When three generations of your men die in a war, it tends to be a very big deal.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

I want to show up for clan fights for the campaign but I can only show 3 times a week. One of the callers said "sorry, but if you can't attend every night you can potentially be preventing someone who is attending every night from getting the tank."

This campaign is SO loving stupid that it is making me angry. I never get angry when it comes to poo poo like this. I just want to do some fights but get told I should not offer to join because I am :siren:COMPETING DIRECTLY WITH MY CLANMATES:siren:. This campaign is putting the leaders of the clan and the callers in such a lovely position, like seriously what the gently caress were they thinking?

I am pretty sure that clans that could field more than thirty players a night were supposed to split in two for the duration of the campaign. PINGU has around forty dudes going for the tank, and it'll be difficult to balance everyone for fame. Anything above 45 people seems like it'd be nearly impossible to get enough fights.

Wargaming is poo poo.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

rex rabidorum vires posted:

a small price to pay to have my commute reduced by like 30%

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Tbh at 7k battles and you are only just getting into tier 10 battles where as tier 6 you can carry like a mother, at higher tiers you just do as much as you can. The Jagdtiger cant carry hard as its speed stops it being able to relocate when needed, for instance on a tier 9 battle last night we pushed hard in a wolfpack of mediums and a really good player in a jagdtiger didnt make a single shot as he couldnt keep up ith the rest of the team. PS I bought mine at the same time 60% wins

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I got myself a full crew of ladies for my Russian Medium and for my Lorraine. I then decided to put another lady in a British TD and I do not know why gently caress me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

This campaign is putting the leaders of the clan and the callers in such a lovely position, like seriously what the gently caress were they thinking?

give it a couple of days for the real fireworks to start. squabbling over these early battles is one thing but the last couple of nights you'll have clans guaranteed 15 free tanks choosing who gets them out of 30+ guys. it's only been 2 days so far and already we've got people not showing up and getting others to sock puppet for them