Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Gyges posted:

Like there's any way to prepare for questions about every dumb thing his brother did or said. It's only a matter of time before he gets asked about pretzels and golf swings.

I just hope someone in the primaries is noticing he's incapable of swearing off even the dumbest of W's poo poo. How hard is it to say "look, Putins always been a baddie. My brother might not be a soaring orator but I think its clear he was talking about Putin personally, not politically or professionally. This is stupid"

Nope, the ex KGB dictator who's political enemies keep mysteriously dying was a really great guy until Obama was so lovely he made nice mr Putin unable to resist invading other countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Missed the Scott Walker interview

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I just hope someone in the primaries is noticing he's incapable of swearing off even the dumbest of W's poo poo. How hard is it to say "look, Putins always been a baddie. My brother might not be a soaring orator but I think its clear he was talking about Putin personally, not politically or professionally. This is stupid"

Nope, the ex KGB dictator who's political enemies keep mysteriously dying was a really great guy until Obama was so lovely he made nice mr Putin unable to resist invading other countries.

In your opinion, Governor Bush, can man and fish coexist peacefully?

edit: Governor Bush, if elected President, how would you make the pie higher?

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 12, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

Hillary's "announcement" event tomorrow features an H-shaped stage. :barf:

I for inevitable???

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Gyges posted:

Like there's any way to prepare for questions about every dumb thing his brother did or said.

I'd disagree; there are plenty of Dubya's comments or ideas that are so well known to be a liability that it's unforgivably stupid that he'd be blindsided by having to deal with them.

There should be someone on his campaign whose only job is to prep answers to questions beginning with "knowing what you know now ..."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Aliquid posted:

I for inevitable???

I for Independent

Vote Bernie Sanders

Kill your rich parents

BristolSOF
Jan 19, 2003

BristolSOF fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 16, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Aliquid posted:

I for inevitable???

Neither an "H" nor an "I", tis a Roman Numeral. 1st Madam President.

eviltastic posted:

I'd disagree; there are plenty of Dubya's comments or ideas that are so well known to be a liability that it's unforgivably stupid that he'd be blindsided by having to deal with them.

There should be someone on his campaign whose only job is to prep answers to questions beginning with "knowing what you know now ..."

While certainly true, fact checking your brother's ability to stare into the soul of a Russian leader doesn't seem like something you'd prepare for. Differences in policy towards Russia then and now, sure. But answering whether or not your brother is a liar about seeing Vladimir Putin's soul?

No, George was full of poo poo. Everyone knows that it's Dorothy who can see men's souls. George can only guess your True Name.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 12, 2015

BristolSOF
Jan 19, 2003

BristolSOF fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 16, 2015

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

No, George was full of poo poo. Everyone knows that it's Dorothy who can see men's souls. George can only guess your True Name.

Unfortunately, Putin's true name is inscribed on a needle, which is hidden in an egg, which is buried under an oak tree on an island in the sea. So Bush (and presumably Obama) have been unable to obtain it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Was just about to post this. On a forum with as long and storied history of cheap shots based on peoples' weight, I'd have thought more would remember the classics.

Just about to post that.

Instead, I will respond to

Joementum posted:

Lindsey Graham's choices for in-flight reading are not at all surprising. All of 'em, Katie!

with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KJSnd8VzQw

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BristolSOF posted:

Is he wearing sandals with socks?

Sandals and socks on a guy who wears a blazer with shorts? Color me surprised.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

computer parts posted:

I for Independent

Vote Bernie Sanders

Kill your rich parents

It would mean I get their money quicker!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

BristolSOF posted:

Is he wearing sandals with socks?

Pretty sure those are just stripes on his baseball spikes but could be.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Those look like sandals, presumably he took off the baseball cleats to come inside.

Rand looks far more comfortable in baseball clothes than in business wear; he should make this his campaign outfit going forward.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Pretty sure those are just stripes on his baseball spikes but could be.

Those stripes aren't Adidas and there's no other brand I can think of that's closer

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 22, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

He finished the night 0-2. According to the pool report, the last thing Obama saw before leaving the game was Rand Paul striking out.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I feel like Rand shouldn't even be running for president, he should just be doing this poo poo to be wacky. Then he comes to a press conference in a tanuki suit. "#lifeismagical, and that's why I choose life."

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SedanChair posted:

I feel like Rand shouldn't even be running for president, he should just be doing this poo poo to be wacky. Then he comes to a press conference in a tanuki suit. "#lifeismagical, and that's why I choose life."

If it includes the testicles, the Republicans should just name him the nominee then and there.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

BristolSOF posted:

This is great.

Scott Walker was also on With All Due Respect

Tomorrow they'll have Mitt Romney, Lindsey Graham and John Kasich
One of you freakish political nerds should set up a Google map tracking all these appearances. Would be interesting to see and, if it isn't been done yet, get a shitload of attention.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ReindeerF posted:

One of you freakish political nerds should set up a Google map tracking all these appearances. Would be interesting to see and, if it isn't been done yet, get a shitload of attention.

That's in Joementum's basement next to the syrup shelf and the cider kegs, but he doesn't let anybody else come down there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ReindeerF posted:

I have found two blogs and a that map. Phone posting, so I'll link it later.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

BristolSOF posted:

Scott Walker was also on With All Due Respect

Can't watch that without thinking BALD SPOT BALD SPOT BALD SPOT

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

sullat posted:

Unfortunately, Putin's true name is inscribed on a needle, which is hidden in an egg, which is buried under an oak tree on an island in the sea. So Bush (and presumably Obama) have been unable to obtain it.

You'd think Palin could just make an afternoon of it and row out to the Kurils

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ReindeerF posted:

You'd think the NYT, or politico would already have this, but it'd be great to have an overlay for google maps or whatever that updates constantly.

Kind of like the Super Drake Tracker 2000 EX.

http://superdraketracker.tumblr.com/

It'd be really nice to have something that attached video, text, and photos to each event.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rear end cobra posted:

Can't watch that without thinking BALD SPOT BALD SPOT BALD SPOT

Maybe he acts the way he does because that bald spot is from a radiation beam that scrambled his brain.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think given the full context of his comments ("robust", "consistent", "aggressive") he was saying that Putin was emboldened by Obama's multiple red lines and general flubbing wrt Syria.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

I think given the full context of his comments ("robust", "consistent", "aggressive") he was saying that Putin was emboldened by Obama's multiple red lines and general flubbing wrt Syria.

Which is almost as sensible as claiming Clinton is a liberal, or that she had Vince Foster murdered.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mr Jaunts posted:

:stare:
Jesus, he's worse than I thought. Bush/Arpaio 2016

A few pages back, but just to reiterate. Jeb Bush is exponentially more conservative than his brother.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Obama is too outwardly sane-acting to be president. Our rivals know he isn't willing to push the big red button over anything but the most extreme of provocations, so they feel free to act with impunity on the world stage.

In times like these, America doesn't need a calm, cool-headed leader. It needs a madman.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
The executive board of the Iowa GOP has just unanimously voted to kill the Iowa straw poll.

They were mostly afraid that if it produced another absurd result, then states would begin to more seriously question and challenge the first-in-the-nation status of the Iowa caucus.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Cnut the Great posted:

Obama is too outwardly sane-acting to be president. Our rivals know he isn't willing to push the big red button over anything but the most extreme of provocations, so they feel free to act with impunity on the world stage.

In times like these, America doesn't need a calm, cool-headed leader. It needs a madman.

Do "calm, cool-headed" leaders draw clear lines of demarcation when it comes to military action and then fail to follow through?

Seems like Obama wrote a check he failed to find the political will to cash, that's all.

In my mind, a true Tuvok Obama would have foreseen the consequences of saber-rattling to begin with.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Fulchrum posted:

If it includes the testicles, the Republicans should just name him the nominee then and there.

#BallsWithPaul

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The GOP has canceled the Iowa straw poll.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

RevKrule posted:

Ahahahaha. Guess that the idea of Ben Carson or Ted Cruz winning it was too much to bear.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

regarding Syria and red lines, the human tragedy that is happening to innocent civilians there is so strong I almost wouldn't mind us involvement, including boots on the ground. We invaded Afghanistan for revenge and Iraq for a blood feud, why not Syria to save its people.

Yes I get that's it's more complicated than that-but it's bad there.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I actually like Rand Paul's hair. It makes him look approachable. He's a horrific human being, but still.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

RevKrule posted:

This is the best thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

End of an era, 1979-2012

• Locked thread