Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I'm having a problem with my DS4 where the left and right turning is really, really slow (if i jiggle the thumbstick or hold it down long enough it speeds up again). I tried googling it and i found a lot of threads complaining about it with no actual answers, is this something I can fix or is my controller hosed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Suck it Trebek Veddermatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzrTVQCRzWQ

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Trials Fusion is a really good game even for people who don't normally play games like this at all.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Rei_ posted:

I'm having a problem with my DS4 where the left and right turning is really, really slow (if i jiggle the thumbstick or hold it down long enough it speeds up again). I tried googling it and i found a lot of threads complaining about it with no actual answers, is this something I can fix or is my controller hosed?

Do you have thumbstick covers? Sometimes they can hang down a bit far and get pinched between the stick and the bezel, preventing you from fully deflecting the stick from center.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trials Fusion is a really good game even for people who don't normally play games like this at all.

I have to avoid anything above medium (hard and extreme tracks) but the editor and multiplayer mean there's about an infinite number of tracks to race.

Blows my mind why such a simple game has the occasional (but not uncommon) performance issues on PS4. It's all that holds it back from pure perfection.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Second. I never cared about any kind of game like this before, but trials is a ton of fun. The dlc is great as well.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Here's the Wattam E3 trailer. Looks great minus the really rough framerate

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

VarXX posted:

I wish there was more to this guy's stuff like the original Katamari Damacy. Sure, it's a funny little toy experience, but it looks like it's going to get old real quick.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VarXX posted:

Nobi Nobi Boy creators?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Nobi Nobi Boy creators?

Same guy yeah

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

VarXX posted:

goty

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JazzFlight posted:

I wish there was more to this guy's stuff like the original Katamari Damacy. Sure, it's a funny little toy experience, but it looks like it's going to get old real quick.

if you can explain what is happening in those clips of wattam well enough to conclude that there is little in the way of gameplay or objectives, you must have some kind of super brain because all i got was poop and blow up and i'm sold.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Captain Yossarian posted:

Ahh cool gotcha thanks! I'm not there yet but I was just curious.

After watching a youtube I have to say I was wrong, there are at least three very distinct, lengthy Witcher 3 endings in addition to many different slideshow wrap up things.

Looks like I got almost the best one? I did every major quest except help Dandelion (gently caress that voice actor) and accidentally didn't help Yen without noticing it until it was too late as mentioned.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 12, 2015

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I picked up FFXIV last night and let it install and do its thing. Tonight I launched it. The system did a launcher update, and then another one dated for 5/20. As far as I can tell, those updates were successful, as I didn't see any kind of error. Once I leave that screen it takes me to a screen saying that the service is unavailable. I'm trying to figure out of it's due to one of the updates failing or if it's an issue Square Enix already knows about. I've been googling and I haven't seen any indicator that the servers are down.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Real hurthling! posted:

if you can explain what is happening in those clips of wattam well enough to conclude that there is little in the way of gameplay or objectives, you must have some kind of super brain because all i got was poop and blow up and i'm sold.
It looks kinda like Noby Noby Boy which was kind of a goofy chill-out toybox.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

DopeGhoti posted:

Do you have thumbstick covers? Sometimes they can hang down a bit far and get pinched between the stick and the bezel, preventing you from fully deflecting the stick from center.

Nah, it's just like i got it. I tested it out in a few other games and yeah, left to right just slows to a crawl untill I dip the stick a diagonally and then it resets to normal speed. Christ man these loving things are 80 bucks I was hoping it was just like bluetooth interference noticable because it was on an axis i use a lot.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

David Jaffe is like that 10 year old you faced in CoD, all grown up but with no further maturity.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Ometeotl posted:

David Jaffe is like that 10 year old you faced in CoD, all grown up but with no further maturity.

maybe that game is for 10 year old kids who find that hilarious and not 30 year old cynical something awful posters

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I hope Ratchet and Clank is a huge success and we see a renaissance for 3rd person platform type games.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I want to be wrong but that R&C footage (looked impressive) but also kind of felt like it could have been really generic and soulless.

Again, hoping my instinct there is way off... :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

I want to be wrong but that R&C footage (looked impressive) but also kind of felt like it could have been really generic and soulless.

it looks exactly like uncharted but with a cat man and funny guns

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Feenix posted:

Have you played any of the other Ratchet & Clank games? :confused:

There's a whole lot of them and they're all just simple platforming fun. Its like Mario 64 with laser guns.

Its just a super pretty new R&C game. You're talking like R&C is a new IP. If you wanna know how soulless it is or isn't go watch a video of one of the other games.

Pocket Billiards posted:

I hope Ratchet and Clank is a huge success and we see a renaissance for 3rd person platform type games.

Sony needs to get back to where they were at with the PS2, only prettier.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Reverse Centaur posted:

Combat seems lovely at first but by the end in fully upgraded feline armor I was chopping 10 dudes into pieces in five seconds while spinning around like a Jedi.

A small piece of evidence of this after being ridiculously overlevelled with top gear. No spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNOiadP-iaE

Intentionally spazzing out like star wars kid just for you guys.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I put more than 20 hours into Noby noby boy and got to be like rank 1000 or so. Wattam is day 1, no questions asked. That trailer looked fun. I was expecting some better performance for the stark low graphics, like Noby noby boy, but oh well.. It is probably 3+ months out.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Zaphod42 posted:

Sony needs to get back to where they were at with the PS2, only prettier.

Honestly I feel you there and with all the weirdo little indie games getting press from Sony and the marketing they're putting behind exclusives like Wattam I don't think they've totally lost the touch. I want the total weirdness that I felt in highschool when I first played Ico or Way of the Samurai or Katamari Damacy or MGS2 for the first time and while it doesn't seem to exist as often as it used to, Sony is still pretty cool about putting their advertising/money behind that stuff. Like for example I don't have my hopes up SUPER high for No Manma Sky but I am pretty confident that whether it's good or bad it is going to be weird as gently caress & Sony has clearly put a TON of faith in that studio

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I loving hate the way season passes work. I bought the resogun DLC separately and they just released some stuff that is free for people who bought the season pass, so if I want it I get to pay $8.00 and because why? I gave them $10 to begin with instead of 8? I bought the exact same content. And then there is stuff like the Telltale games where you can't just upgrade to a season pass after buying an episode and pay the remainder... I really loathe season passes.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Did anyone else think that The Old Blood was a major letdown compared to The New Order? The stealth felt way more annoying, the bosses were really unfun, the whole aesthetic just seemed really unmemorable compared to what we got in TNO. Even though the combat was the same it just didn't work for me like the original did.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

NESguerilla posted:

I loving hate the way season passes work. I bought the resogun DLC separately and they just released some stuff that is free for people who bought the season pass, so if I want it I get to pay $8.00 and because why? I gave them $10 to begin with instead of 8? I bought the exact same content. And then there is stuff like the Telltale games where you can't just upgrade to a season pass after buying an episode and pay the remainder... I really loathe season passes.

I did the same as you but the new stuff is totally cosmetic right? Like new human and ship skins or something? Honestly I would have bought the season pass but I just didn't know it was going to be so good... still no regrets about the DLC, for like $25 total I've spent more time on that game than any $60 title I've ever purchased on PS4. I think I would probably not try to get too salty about the new skins though; as far as I could tell the season pass only promised purchasers the 2 main DLC expansions + the soundtrack; this new cosmetic stuff being included is a totally unexpected bonus for people who went ahead and bought it

edit: the Telltale stuff is pretty funny though because at least for their last few games. buying the season pass, at least when it's not on sale (which it always will be eventually) has offered no discount whatsoever and actually been MORE expensive (by like 4 cents) because the prices for individual episodes all end in .99

goferchan fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 12, 2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it's cosmetic, but I hate that they don't just default someone to a season pass once they have bought everything. I don't buy season passes but I thought the game was good enough so I just bought them both. I hate that there isn't some sort of way to buy a DLC and just upgrade to it if you want to in games.

I just tweeted at them about it and they just responded "life is all about choices" which made me laugh, but it's kind of like saying "stfu dude who paid us more than the season pass people" Sorry I bought the first DLC and liked it enough to buy the second I guess? It's not like I can really do anything else after I bought the first one.

Telltale is just a whole nother ball game though. They just suck at pricing things and show people time and time again to buy anything they make until it's done because it will go on sale immediately. I buy them when they come out anyways because I'm dumb.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 12, 2015

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vic Boss posted:

I can't seem to find the Canadian Ratchet and Clank PS4 preorder link. Is it only in the console store?

It's up, but not in the Coming Soon section.

USA link
Canada link

$40 in both regions.

No pre-order in EU region for now.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Yechezkel posted:

It's up, but not in the Coming Soon section.

USA link
Canada link

$40 in both regions.

No pre-order in EU region for now.

It'll be €40/£35 mark my loving words.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Have they fixed Street Fighter 4 yet?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

A demo for the PS4 remake of Assault Suits Leynos hit japanese PSN today, it is extremely sick and everyone should download it immediately.

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009
I thought you were supposed to be able to play your PS Plus titles while offline? My internet is out and I can't launch my PS Plus games. It says "Can't connect to the server to check the license". What's up?

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Werner-Boogle posted:

I thought you were supposed to be able to play your PS Plus titles while offline? My internet is out and I can't launch my PS Plus games. It says "Can't connect to the server to check the license". What's up?

Is your PS4 registered as your primary?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Werner-Boogle posted:

You should. The account you are using is the account the PS+ titles were purchased, yes? Is your PS4 set as primary? You can try going to network settings and disabling the connection. I think that helped some people when the last DDoS hit.

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

Sprat Sandwich posted:

You should. The account you are using is the account the PS+ titles were purchased, yes? Is your PS4 set as primary? You can try going to network settings and disabling the connection. I think that helped some people when the last DDoS hit.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's set as my primary I only have one console. I am logged in on my PS Plus account which has a valid subscription. Already tried disabling connection but that didn't help either. I have a US account on my system as well so I can play games from the US store, but my PS4 is the primary console for both accounts right?

Edit: Alright so using my phone as a hotspot I logged on an apparently my PS4 was not set as the primary console. Don't know why not, I could have sworn I activated it when I first got it. Oh well, thanks anyways!

Werner-Boogle fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 12, 2015

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Werner-Boogle posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's set as my primary I only have one console. I am logged in on my PS Plus account which has a valid subscription. Already tried disabling connection but that didn't help either. I have a US account on my system as well so I can play games from the US store, but my PS4 is the primary console for both accounts right?

IIRC it's not automatic, you have to set it as your primary (for both accounts). You should def. check that.

edit: oops, you did already

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009
On a different note though. I don't play much so I just now finished Transistor. What a great game! I remember reading this thread around when it was given out for free and some one made a huge spoilered out post about the games story. Any one have that handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

monkeu posted:

Have they fixed Street Fighter 4 yet?

Yes, reports say the delay is down to 5.3 now.

• Locked thread