Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not going to see Jurassic World because based on the trailer I can already guess exactly what's going to happen in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

I can't even imagine trying to play RTS or Point and Click (or text based for that matter) Adventures without a keyboard and mouse.

Ah sorry. RTS/adventure games are KBM as well, I just don't play those kinds of games. Outside of Crusader Kings / EU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

FPS games = kb/m.
Anything else = controller.

Half life isn't great with a keyboard and mouse, I keep falling off ledges

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

I can't even imagine trying to play RTS or Point and Click (or text based for that matter) Adventures without a keyboard and mouse.

Phoenix Wright worked pretty well.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Akagi seems to be pushing his luck too far in his latest gamble. Will his risky style of rule-breaking mahjong be enough to save him this time?

Stay safe, Akagi.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

lol, the thread that keeps on giving.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't tend to buy anything on Steam unless there's a sale. :v: Though at this point I'm running out of stuff even then.
I'm probably wrong but I think all of the games I've purchased in the past maybe 2-3 years are either Falcom games, System Shock 2, Higurashi (a whole $6 when it first came out), and kickstarter games I'll never actually get around to playing. In other words besides dumb crap like Massive Chalice which I normally would never have bought everything else would be pretty drat cheap when they'd first come out, so no need to wait.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Jurassic World is a dumb movie with a lot of problems which I enjoy despite those problems, which is to say it's the first real sequel to JP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

Phoenix Wright worked pretty well.

Don't troll.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I have a sneaking suspicion that you're also a fan of the Phoenix Wright games

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hi i made a steam group please join http://steamcommunity.com/groups/badtouchscene

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Rodyle posted:

Jurassic World is a dumb movie with a lot of problems which I enjoy despite those problems, which is to say it's the first real sequel to JP.

What's dumb about it. Why do people so often call big-budget action movies dumb in order to justify their own enjoyment (not necessarily directed at you).

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

It's beautiful.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

What's dumb about it. Why do people so often call big-budget action movies dumb in order to justify their own enjoyment (not necessarily directed at you).

I call them dumb because they're ugly and poorly made, and I don't like them.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

I call them dumb because they're ugly and poorly made, and I don't like them.

I understand calling movies dumb if you don't like them, but I feel like I often see people on this forum call movies dumb while still liking them.... well whatever. I don't really care

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

I understand calling movies dumb if you don't like them, but I feel like I often see people on this forum call movies dumb while still liking them.... well whatever. I don't really care

It's important to care. I'm full of care.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

It's important to care. I'm full of care.

I've got the bad av blues, so I don't give a heck about anything.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

They want to look cool and detached from it all, but if the smash hit megafranchise Persona 4 taught me anything it's that Chie is good you gotta be honest with yourself.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I feel gypped. Kozue's only appearance was in the end credits.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Things can be both dumb and fun, a lot of the stuff I like is.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Can people still be your steam friend if your profile is private?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Well it's the JP thing where the only reason things go wrong is because multiple people do something idiotic. In JW the two things that jump out to me are: okay why was priority one after getting the island back from Hammond not pumping the Aviary full of the most poisonous poo poo possible, and also that they're justification for making a super dinosaur is that in 20 years, people have gotten bored of plain old REGULAR miracles of science and now need EXTRA murderous ones. There's other problems, like leaning too hard on character archetypes and setpieces from the first movie in places, but despite the flaws I did enjoy it.

Go see it assuming you haven't seen Anime of the Year Mad Max: Fury Road.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't care about how characters act in a big budget blockbuster, I only care about how good the effects are, and JW looks like every othe Marvel-style crap made in the last 10 years: like a bad video game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kay

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

If I were in charge of Jurrasic World, I'd take a leaf from Walt Disney World's book and add more than just one island of dinosaur safaris. What resorts do they offer? Are there golf courses? If interest is waning, maybe a few new rides would make more sense than a new dinosaur species. By The Lost World we saw that they had multiple islands under JP administration.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I don't care about how characters act in a big budget blockbuster, I only care about how good the effects are, and JW looks like every othe Marvel-style crap made in the last 10 years: like a bad video game.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the original jurassic park still has some of the best special effects out there. i've probably seen the film100x times as a kid

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

What anime is this?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

I joined this steam group what games will we be playing together?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

arisu posted:

Competitive huniepop.

E: I feel bad for making that joke. Edited it out.

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 12, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

The girl in Berseria is a vampire

by the way, why do vampires in japanese stuff always talk in like high medieval language and poo poo? this has to be a reference to something in japanese mythology or something right?

Grouchio posted:

Cats are fine too.

what anime is this from?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 12, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

icantfindaname posted:

by the way, why do vampires in japanese stuff always talk in like high medieval language and poo poo? this has to be a reference to something in japanese mythology or something right?

Because Dracula

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

arisu posted:

Goty 100%.Orange juice

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Because Dracula

dracula doesn't talk like that though? he talks like a dude with a thick romanian accent? none of this "thou canst not defeat me, Simon Belmont-kun" or "thou art my liege lord, araragi-kiddiefucker-kun" poo poo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

what anime is this from?

Vampires are old, use of language is a good way to present that.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

oh so it's just because of the "they're 1000 years old" thing? that makes sense i guess

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Araragi-kiddiefucker-kun

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

arisu posted:

please join the nightly dota 2 training sessions from 11pm to 6am

i wanna win those 15 million

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Yeah logically you'd imagine that vampires actually adapted their way of speaking over time like y'know, everybody else when put into a new environment but good writing rarely matches up with logic. By that I mean, it's usually more important to get across "this dude is older than your grandpa" than to make a logically accurate character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

icantfindaname posted:

dracula doesn't talk like that though? he talks like a dude with a thick romanian accent? none of this "thou canst not defeat me, Simon Belmont-kun" or "thou art my liege lord, araragi-kiddiefucker-kun" poo poo

Tell that to Christopher Lee.

:smith:

• Locked thread