Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Haven't built anything in a while, so I put together a quick modular tank whilst watching the Brigador devstream.
Turned out pretty rad, I have some other weapons and turrets for t but those aren't quite finished yet. As usual i over engineerd the rotation joint since i couldn't find the rotor piece in LDD. so instead of 1 piece the swivel for the turret is like 24 pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Did anyone grab an extra Winter Soldier minifig?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So, Lego and Angry Birds. Might be interesting.

Also latest Mixels were great, apart from the bird tongue one apparently. Ordered a second set of the construction ones because I like the look of the combination one.

Also recently built the Milano, that's very nice, and the new Batboat just now, that's nice as well.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I thought the world was finally over angry birds.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

kensei posted:

That offer had better come to the UK soon. :mad:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I wish that giant city set was individual ones, that was always my favorite lego stuff. I'd buy the store and coffee shop for like $50-60 total but no way do I want all of it for $190.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ElwoodCuse posted:

I wish that giant city set was individual ones, that was always my favorite lego stuff. I'd buy the store and coffee shop for like $50-60 total but no way do I want all of it for $190.

Yeah, that's my feeling about it too. I like the coffee shop, but couldn't care less about the tram.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

kensei posted:

I have one!

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

EvilJoven posted:

I thought the world was finally over angry birds.

Not if you're 8. For my kid and most of his friends the brand (more so than the games themselves) is still huge. Probably third behind Minecraft and football (UK) for his gender and age group in terms of branded clothing and accesories and stuff. Lego and Star Wars round out the top five. There's a movie coming out next year. I think the line is due to launch alongside that. As frightening as that may sound, the short animations they release alongside the games are actually pretty good, far better than any of the recent games.

It's licensces like this that remind us that despite the increased attention being payed to AFOLs, Lego's key demographic is still pre-teen kids.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 12, 2015

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's gonna bring down lego's website in about 30 seconds when they show up on the store. And cue six months of hand wringing because no one was able to buy it.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I need that so bad. Did they say how many pieces it was, any idea on price?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I will PM you!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The part count looks pretty high just by eyeballing it, and given the licensing I wouldn't be surprised if the price approaches $100.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like that a lot. There's another Ideas set I'm getting.

kefkafloyd posted:

I need that so bad. Did they say how many pieces it was, any idea on price?

Brickset says it turned up on some website shop at 58 Euros, and apparently that usually translates to £40/$40? Although it seems to have popped up by mistake so the price could be wrong too.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 12, 2015

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
What was the 11th Ideas set? Big Bang Theory is #10, Wall-E's box says #12.

edit: oh right, Dr. Who. On the Ideas blog they have Dr. Who as #12, Wall-E as #11. I wonder what the reason for the swap was.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

The part count looks pretty high just by eyeballing it, and given the licensing I wouldn't be surprised if the price approaches $100.

Its 57 Euros on Smyths site and apparently they mark stuff up a bit like ToysRUs?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I have no idea if it's accurate or not, but It's listed at £40 on a UK toy store site. That could be anywhere from $40 to $60. The ECTO-1 was £45 in the UK.

I can't see it being anywhere near $100 though. No minifigures for a start and doesn't look like more than 500 or so pieces to me.

Edit: In the UK they tend to be the same as the Lego Store for medium to large sets, but sometimes have a markup on smaller ones.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 12, 2015

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Why is the Ultra Agents Ocean HQ not out in the UK in time for Father's Day :( I don't suppose anyone know's if they have it in store? It's not on the website yet.

Due to lack of space I only buy "mobile command center" sets now and I've been waiting for this one. Although me kid helpfully pointed out that the helicarrier fits the bill as well. I have nowhere to put that though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looks like they kept it really close to the original build. Cool!

I want it.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Jesus, that's loving adorable. These drat Idea sets keep sucking me in. The Exo-suit, research institute, birds, now this. :negative:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Start crusting up those jorts I guess, and get your speed shopping skills up to date.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I need that WALL-E like bad. Hope his tummy opens up. :3:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Finally finished Metalbeards Sea Cow and all I can say is that ship is simply the best Lego set I have ever built and thanks to the numbered bags it didn't feel like a job towards the end of assembly. The detail is stunning as there as so many little extra features that are hidden from sight, the ships design is wonderful and I was pleasantly surprised for a model of this size there was hardly any repetition to the build. The only issue I have now is with Metalbeards Sea Cow, Spaceships x3 and two Transformers Combiners, my desk space is practically gone but they all look great displayed together.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Goddammit you're making me want to buy it now.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

How does the pirate ship from the current Pirates line compare? I'm considering getting it, since I've been getting other sets from that line and never did have a bepeglegged pirate captain.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I have the Black Pearl and a mid 90s pirate/admirals ships and the Sea Cow absolutely overshadows those in every way and I love my Black Pearl. I plan on getting the current ship when I can and having all four on display would look great. I kind of have a thing for ships.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Tenebrais posted:

How does the pirate ship from the current Pirates line compare? I'm considering getting it, since I've been getting other sets from that line and never did have a bepeglegged pirate captain.

It looks even less impressive than the last pirate ship, which wasn't impressive at all.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by my '90s ships.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

EvilJoven posted:

It looks even less impressive than the last pirate ship, which wasn't impressive at all.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by my '90s ships.

Yeah I just built the new one and was underwhelmed by it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've never liked any lego boats, they sure look neat on the box but once you build them there's just not much to play with. You can't swoosh them, you usually can't float them, and they aren't easy to mod either.

Sea Cow is an exception because they went so hilariously over the top with the greebling and that makes it a great display item, but the normal pirates stuff is pretty ho-hum.

Plus I hate the hull pieces with a passion. I have fragments of several boats and their hulls all end up in the "awkward pieces" storage box (along with castle walls, some dragon wings, and other poo poo that is no fun to encounter when digging through a bin).

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

xzzy posted:

I've never liked any lego boats, they sure look neat on the box but once you build them there's just not much to play with. You can't swoosh them, you usually can't float them, and they aren't easy to mod either.

Sea Cow is an exception because they went so hilariously over the top with the greebling and that makes it a great display item, but the normal pirates stuff is pretty ho-hum.

Plus I hate the hull pieces with a passion. I have fragments of several boats and their hulls all end up in the "awkward pieces" storage box (along with castle walls, some dragon wings, and other poo poo that is no fun to encounter when digging through a bin).

I generally agree, but I do need some sort of pirate ship to sit opposite my Imperial Flagship, which was an awesome and fun model that is now on display.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Colonial Air Force posted:

I generally agree, but I do need some sort of pirate ship to sit opposite my Imperial Flagship, which was an awesome and fun model that is now on display.

Fork over the cash for a Black Seas Barracuda. Anything else will look small and plain next to it.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Pirate ships should really be smaller and more plain than a "flagship" anyway.

Although the flagship is awfully small and undergunned, the Empire must be very small and poor.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I decided on a one ship ever policy a while back, I think it was a good idea. And Queen Anne's Revenge was a good choice.

Also made the Blue Power Jet yesterday and it is brilliant. Looks great, pretty sturdy, amazingly swooshable. I feel sorry for whoever designed the boat and helicopter. They're really nice looking too but the plane just blows them away.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Has anyone tried sourcing the parts for the "UCS" AT-AT?

There is a guy selling all the pieces here for about $1000, and i was wondering if that is a reasonable price.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Anyone know what's up with Carnage's Shield Sky Attack, Ant Man Final Battle, and the Rhino + Sandman Team Up sets appearing in stores for a little bit and then going MIA?

I really wanted the sweet Carnage + Miles Morales Spiderman minifigs, and maybe even Iron Spider if I could get my hands on him. I heard something about a recall but I can't find news about it. I went to my local LEGO store the other day and they had a few Ant Man Final Battle sets left, but I didn't pick one up because I'm fairly disinterested in the set.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone in these parts know the part number or source for the tubes used to attach the y-wing style nacelles to the main body on this build? I need me some of those.

Y-Wing by billyburg, on Flickr

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

xzzy posted:

Anyone in these parts know the part number or source for the tubes used to attach the y-wing style nacelles to the main body on this build? I need me some of those.

Y-Wing by billyburg, on Flickr

Which part, exactly? If you mean the small three tubes from the front to the back (you probably don't) those are just Technic axles. The angle part that connects (looks like the only thing attaching the nacelle to the body) the entire nacelle to the body is just an old 1x4x3 rudder.

If you mean the parts the nacelles are actually made out of, the back end is a combination of propellers/turbines and a gray barrel at the end. Not too sure about the main front part, it's obviously a cone and then a small tire, but the large part they are inside of is a Jet Engine 4x5x3 (43121 in LDD).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, 43121 is what I had never seen before.

Wishlisted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cambridge University is establishing a Lego professorship.