Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

canyoneer posted:

I smiled at the bus driver and the bus driver smiled back

that's creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

canyoneer posted:

I smiled at the bus driver and he thought it was super weird.

Most real version.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

canyoneer posted:

I smiled at the bus and the bus smiled back

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
This never would have happened if the kid had a sword

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Redditors are some naïve loving idiots

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

I like how the edit contradicts everything in the story.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

Guys, tonight I went to get groceries at 11pm. The bus driver said "hi!" to me so I said hi back. Got my groceries, then waited for the bus back. It was the same driver. He must have the lovely late night 4 hour long route. He said "hey, you again!" I said "hey!" Then took a seat.

Then, when I was leaving the bus, we again commented at the coincidence of being on he same route twice, together. I told him to have a good night and he literally started crying and had to put the bus in park, because I don't think anyone ever wishes the night bus drivers a good night.

I always wonder just how much embellishment is in these things. Doing a normal thing like saying "hey" turns into "I helped a bus driver not commit suicide!"

Were you writing about Elder Futhark runes

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Big Grunty Secret posted:

canyoneer posted:

I smiled at the bus and the bus smiled back

It happens. :shrug:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

....Gob?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It came from facebook... [edit: whoops, ignore me]

quote:

Nolan Arenado has a new favorite as of 18:21 on Jun 13, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

It came from facebook...

I kind of want to reply "actually, her name is Caitlyn Jenner" but this lunatic or one of her friends would probably track me down and shoot me...

People have been talking about his for the past three pages or so.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

poo poo, my bad, these stories are all starting to run together in my head and I think a friend of a friend actually just straight up stole the story instead of resharing it, so I thought it was a more local thing....

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

poo poo, my bad, these stories are all starting to run together in my head and I think a friend of a friend actually just straight up stole the story instead of resharing it, so I thought it was a more local thing....

It often happens, don't worry. They have some neck to actually try and claim it happened to them instead of just sharing it.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Well.

quote:

Plenty Of Room For Him To Make A Mistake
HOTEL | ALBUQUERQUE, NM, USA | HOTELS & LODGING, WILD & UNRULY
(I’m working the graveyard shift at a hotel. I am a 22-year-old female. This happens just as I have stepped outside to have a cigarette around 2 am. The man is a 40ish year old who is almost twice my size. He pulls up in a sporty little car.)

Drunk Male: “Ya got any rooms tonight, sweetheart?”

Me: “I’m afraid the hotel is sold out tonight, sir.”

Drunk Male: “Well, throw someone out. I’m a diamond member and you have to give me a room.”

Me: “Excuse me? I’m not throwing anyone out. There’s lodging elsewhere.”

Drunk Male: “The customer is always right, and I’m the customer and I say throw someone out! I want a room.”

(This goes on for a little bit before he gets out of his car. He gets right in my face while towering over me.)

Drunk Male: *jabbing at me, then pulling back a fist like he’s going to hit me* “Look here. I said get me a room!”

Me: “If you’re going to swing at me, you’ve got one chance to connect, then I am going to introduce you to a whole new world of pain before the cops get here.”

(The drunk male pulled his arm back. I just smiled. He looked worried, then got in his car and peeled out. Best part, he cut off a cop on the way out of the lot, so I got to watch him get arrested, his car towed, and my faith in karma restored.)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
THose bus stories are nothing. In the UK we can literally Hi-5 our buses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_7m0JCdbw

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

THose bus stories are nothing. In the UK we can literally Hi-5 our buses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_7m0JCdbw

This was kinda cool in a mech-eng kind of way, until the grunted started.

:catstare:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

didn't happen, but at least it's a clever joke:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
AskReddit thread: Redditors who have had to kill in self defense, Did you ever recover psychologically? What is it to live knowing you killed someone regardless you didn't want to do it?

Full of 100% real neckbeard baddasses who killed would-be thieves, attackers, and so on. Of course, hardly anyone feels any remorse (probably because its all bullshit)

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/39suml/seriousredditors_who_have_had_to_kill_in_self/

Some Awesome Cool Guy posted:

Pushed a guy who was attacking me in front of a bus. Wham. At the time, I was so completely consumed with rage and fear that I could not speak. He was going to kill me. It was either him or me. I picked him.

It took him a few weeks to die in hospital; eventually succumbing to pneumonia. I was informed of his death by telephone. I felt nothing. Thirty years later, I still don't.

He was known to police as an extremely violent offender, and it was highly unlikely he would have stopped being a worthless and dangerous rear end in a top hat. I felt like I had provided a public service then, and I still do.

NB: I am normally an extremely friendly, easy-going individual who never uses violence. I'm kind of "zen" that way. All this goes out the window when faced with fighting for your life.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I didn't know buses were transmission vectors for pneumonia. Man that's scary.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
It's nice of them to call him when a stranger died. Let him know to update his kill counter. It's also really bad rear end that he's so zen that he doesn't normally kill people.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

ThatPazuzu posted:

It's nice of them to call him when a stranger died. Let him know to update his kill counter. It's also really bad rear end that he's so zen that he doesn't normally kill people.

I'm guessing it's to inform him that his attempted murder is now murder and the police are coming to pick him up?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Postal Parcel posted:

I'm guessing it's to inform him that his attempted murder is now murder and the police are coming to pick him up?
That's what I thought and it explains the thirty years.

e: actually I'm just gonna assume we're talking about this kind of phone:

My Lovely Horse has a new favorite as of 21:57 on Jun 14, 2015

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
im easy going and extremely friendly but also at the same time didn't care at all that i killed someone.

yup sounds real to me. like he doesn't even mention why he was being attacked or how he was so sure it was a fight to the death. and this fight lined up so that he could push him into an oncoming bus like what happens in film sometimes, dude shut the gently caress up.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Fathis Munk posted:

I didn't know buses were transmission vectors for pneumonia. Man that's scary.

The bus isn't per se, but if said person needed to be on a ventilator for an extended amount of time, it's not exactly rare to develop pneumonia.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I never use violence except when I do.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I love stdh like that where the author wants to be a total badass but also a soulful poetic pacifist.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

EmmyOk posted:

I love stdh like that where the author wants to be a total badass but also a soulful poetic pacifist.

The "Kung Fu" effect.

Many of the stories are frighteningly plausible, but then there's goodies like this:

quote:

Happened about a decade ago. I was walking back home and these 2 kids tried to rob me. I don't necessarily know what age they were, but they were somewhat short (I live in a country in which the average person isn't very tall) and pretty scrawny. I was pretty deep into depression that had me at a point in which I didn't really care about much of anything.. and was contemplating suicide constantly, so as weird as it might be to say, I wasn't particularly scared, which is probably why he kept getting even more agitated.
Both were probably on drugs, one with the gun was yelling more and more and for some reason I reached out for his gun, in the struggle the gun fired twice, both times he got shot and died. The other one started yelling for his brother, charged me with the knife he had, I shot and kept shooting until the gun ran out.
Called the police, they couldn't pretend to care less, two junkie kids on drugs, yeah. Would probably be different in the US.
At the time the only thing that freaked me out was the fact I wasn't freaking out. I kept thinking I was some kind of monster, yet was mostly indifferent towards it.
A year later after I got on meds for my depression and it felt like it crashed on me pretty hard. Got heavily into drinking.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
When I was 8 years old we lived out in a farm house in an orchard, the nearest "town" was about ten minutes away and my dad was working far enough away that he stayed away during the week. One morning I heard my mom yelling and I thought I had missed the bus so I got out of bed and saw a naked man hitting her and trying to grab her, he was out in a bender and had just walked to the nearest lights and broken in, our dog was barking and nipping at him but she wasn't a trained attack dog or anything. I ran back into my room and grabbed a little .22 bolt action my dad had given me and the ammo he made me keep separate and loaded it, it seemed like it took forever to load those 5 shots. I ran outside following the dog barking and saw him dragging my mom by her hair, I remember trying to be steady like I had been taught but I just fired over and over again, I didn't know it at the time but 3 of the 5 hit him and he was later found by the police after someone dropped him anonymously at s hospital about an hour away with one of the bullets lodged in his lung.

At that age I had a hard time processing it mainly because the state mandated I see a counselor and she kept insinuating I should feel all kinds of emotions I wasn't, which made me feel like there was something wrong with me. In the end I just feel lucky that I was brought up by parents who trusted me and spent time teaching me never to panic.

Redrum and Coke has a new favorite as of 16:17 on Jun 15, 2015

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

quote:

This is so late that I don't know if it will be seen, but I'll post anyway. Also using a throwaway because the victim is another redditor who could be identified through my normal ID.

Back in 1995 I lived in a quiet neighborhood in the SF East Bay with my wife of a few years and our 20 month old daughter. We had a small 3 bedroom two story house, and one of our second floor bedrooms doubled as my home office. One quiet Saturday morning I was in my office playing Command and Conquer on my computer with my headphones on, oblivious to the sounds of the outside world.

I'd probably been playing for an hour or so when, during one particularly quiet moment, I faintly heard my wife cry out downstairs. Knowing that she was down there with our daughter, I pulled my headphones off to see if she needed help with anything. Until the day I take my last breath, I'll never forget what I heard when I pulled them off. I heard the voice of a man, with a thick Mexican accent, shout, "Quit yelling bitch, or I'll loving cut your head off and gently caress your loving daughter!" My daughter was crying hysterically.

After that, it was like some switch was thrown in me and my higher brain just shut off. I wasn't making decisions. I just acted. I don't even remember pulling the .45 from the lockbox in my desk, I just remember walking down the stairs slowly, scared as hell that I was going to see my wife dead when I reached the bottom. Instead, when I reached the bottom, I saw my wife half naked, bent over the couch, bleeding from somewhere in her upper body, while being raped from behind by some burly guy with a knife in his hand. He wasn't TRYING to rape her, he was in the middle of the deed and was probably nearing climax.

I never said a word to the guy. Not while I was upstairs, not while I was coming down the stairs, and not when I walked into the room. His back was to me, so he had no idea I was even standing there.

He was holding his knife in his right hand, so that was the arm I grabbed with my left when I pulled him off. He spun away from her and me with a confused look on his face, and I shot him square in the chest at nearly point blank range before he had a chance to say a single word. His face went pale as he went onto one knee, and I fired twice more. One hit his neck, and the second missed entirely. I was told later that the first shot was the fatal one.

What happened next has always been a point of shame for me. The only thought going through my head at that point was that I couldn't let my daughter watch this man die. Without even checking on my wife, I scooped my daughter up and walked out my front door. As I walked out to my driveway, I saw one of my neighbors standing there staring at my house (he'd heard the gunshots). The poor guy went pale when he saw me walk out, and I vaguely remember asking him to hold my daughter while I went and checked on my wife. The neighbor asked me if I'd shot her, and I told him, "No, I shot the man who was raping her." I didn't realize at the time that I had the guys blood spray covering half my body, and that I looked like something out of a horror movie. I then handed him my daughter and my gun (I also have no idea why I gave him my gun), and went back into my house to help my wife.

[b] The police and DA gave me some flak about the exact circumstances of the shooting (one of the detectives told me that it was more of an "execution" than a "defense"), but in the end they declined to pursue any charges.[\b] The man who attacked her turned out to be a guy with serious mental issues who had been previously convicted of two violent rapes, one of which was against a 9 year old girl. Under California's then-new 3 Strikes law, he'd have gone to prison for life if I hadn't killed him.

As for recovery; I like to think that I've recovered from it, but it certainly induced a few behavioral changes. To this day, for example, I can't wear headphones that block out background noise. Even after years of counseling, over-ear and noise cancelling headphones give me panic attacks because I can't hear what's happening around me. I found out later that he'd been raping my wife for nearly 10 minutes before I heard him, and that he'd actually told my wife THREE TIMES that he was going to rape my daughter when he was finished with her. I was sitting 30 feet away and had no idea it was going on, and that fact has hosed with me for years.

My wife had a much worse time of it though. In addition to two stab wounds to her shoulder and upper arm, and the bruising and injuries from the forceful rape, she ended up having a mental break and took years to really recover. For the first 6 months, she absolutely could not be in any room by herself. For more than a year, she couldn't be in a house by herself (and she NEVER reentered the house where this happened). For several years, she'd break out in a sweat when she heard men with deep hispanic accents talking, because she'd hear his voice again. Even now, decades later, she starts shaking if you try to talk to her about it. She's fine in every other sense, but even discussing it freaks her out.

Our hero was lucky that those drat good for nothing cops decided not to press charges against him for interrupting a rape. . He's an outlaw like that.

Redrum and Coke has a new favorite as of 14:26 on Jun 15, 2015

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
The detail of 'nearing climax' made me nauseous. What a sick fantasy.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Is this 50ft Ant?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Obdicut posted:

The detail of 'nearing climax' made me nauseous. What a sick fantasy.

I do so hope this didn't happen, as that's a horrible thing to experience, and even worse to make up.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

I do so hope this didn't happen, as that's a horrible thing to experience, and even worse to make up.

It didn't. There's about zero chance a prosecutor or the police would even suggest shooting a person who's committing a rape is an" execution".

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

The victim, who is a serial rapist that got shot to death twenty years ago, is a redditor who might be mad that I posted this. Better use a pseudonym.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

walrusman posted:

The victim, who is a serial rapist that got shot to death twenty years ago, is a redditor who might be mad that I posted this. Better use a pseudonym.

I thought the same thing at first. After a quick skim, I just figured out he was referring to his wife.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

jodai posted:

I thought the same thing at first. After a quick skim, I just figured out he was referring to his wife.

I think so too.

Also, please remember to re-read the first one I posted, where our hero shot a man with his gun, when he was 8.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

[b] The police and DA gave me some flak about the exact circumstances of the shooting (one of the detectives told me that it was more of an "execution" than a "defense"), but in the end they declined to pursue any charges.[\b]

Jesus haha. "My neighbour asked if she call an ambulance, I told him to call a hearse"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I like the touch about being Mexican

"Leesin laydeee, if you don shat ap, Iam gonna keel your kiddy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

^^ KEED.

quote:

I got assaulted in an alley in New Orleans 20 years ago. The guy hit me in the back of the head, cut me a few times with a knife, put the knife to my throat and told me that he was going to rape and kill me. I choked him to death. Felt his windpipe crumble in my hands. I've had PTSD ever since. Constant nightmares. I see his face turn red, blue, and purple. I hear the crunch of his windpipe. I feel him struggle against me. I have scars I see every time I get out of the shower. I did what I had to do and don't regret it but killing a man with your bare hands is a lifelong struggle.

Our of curiosity I checked this dude's posting history. HE IS SO COOL AND AMAZING:

quote:

I worked construction a few years back as a side job to keep tanned and in shape. I'm 5'11 and 160 lbs. I was the smallest by a good 60 lbs. You know what that meant! I was the one always under the house. I learned enough to be dangerous and handy.

quote:

I own a BBQ catering business. I'm a carpenter and plumber. I hike, camp, and fish. I build things, fix things, kill things, and cook things over a fire. I also handmade half a dozen Mother's Day cards yesterday, wrote a love letter, sent flowers to the widow across the street, and cried at the end of Labor Day (the movie).
Your MBTI doesn't totally dictate who you are.

quote:

Having worked in Glacier National Park and having been that far out to sea - It's close but still different. Both are surreal. The High Line Trail at night, which I wouldn't advise, would be a good spot. There's other closer to Canada as well.

He's also 38: http://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/316x2i/tlp_instancing_real_talk/

He strangled a man to death when he was 18. That's so cool.

EDIT: 38-20 = 18

Redrum and Coke has a new favorite as of 17:27 on Jun 15, 2015

• Locked thread