Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvsqY8ktHpE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/47.html

e:
It's finally happening today.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 12, 2015

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
If we're getting the skull crusher then this episode will almost definitely end with DIO drinking Joseph's blood.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Censoring a skull fracture would be pretty stupid considering that it's just bone, not some kind of deformed flesh injury.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They've censored lesser injuries before and it's graphic. I hope they don't but I won't be surprised if they do.

2 hours until broadcast and all is revealed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurain posted:

They've censored lesser injuries before and it's graphic. I hope they don't but I won't be surprised if they do.

2 hours until broadcast and all is revealed.

Censorship. :argh:

Worst Girl posted:

Here's a blog post from someone who I think must be working on the fixed translation of part 5. It's about how everyone is supposed to be characterized. I thought it was interesting.

Man, I wish we got to see more of Requiem Stands and whatever kind of Stand Bites the Dust was.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

He's most likely referring to Dio supercharging himself with Joseph's blood, yes.

Yeah, Dio's second form in-game is after he sucks Joseph's blood and says that he can finally use his body fully now. That's a relatively surprising point in the manga since Dio sets Jotaro up to punch him near Joseph and kind of counts as a "power up." It's best for them to not know Dio gets ridiculously restored mid-fight.

Also, in the game, that's when Dio becomes almost impossible to kill with Joseph since turtling doesn't work any more and his damage is raised up a great deal, while giving him a new projectile you can't just duck under.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

How does Dio get his second form if he's fighting Joseph? :psyduck:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How does Dio get his second form if he's fighting Joseph? :psyduck:

There's no cutscene like there is with Jotaro, he just has it. Assume he drained Jotaro, I guess?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

watch the OP.

Holy poo poo.
Make sure you watch the OP.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurain posted:

watch the OP.

Holy poo poo.
Make sure you watch the OP.

I'll be sure to do so.

Nobody spoil it for me. :argh:

Aurain posted:

Ends just as DIO goes high. Lipstick confirmed.

Joestar is a hell of a drug.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 12, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Man it's gonna be a good 5 hours til I can watch it. The wait's gonna kill me. :ohdear:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think this episode was as good as last weeks, or even some of the better other ones, but it is good.

X-Ray is uncensored!

Ends just as DIO goes high. Lipstick confirmed.
The final episode is not called DIO's World 4.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Oh my god, that OP, haha. I wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't already mentioned, because the surprise is what got me.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
That OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbtUGsEIAkA

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
More bow and arrow antics.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Was the bit with Nukesaku shooting DIO in the original, I feel like thats new. I loved it

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Meme Emulator posted:

Was the bit with Nukesaku shooting DIO in the original, I feel like thats new. I loved it

I think in the manga it was just random shadowy dudes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, making it explicitly Nukesaku is an anime thing, but I'd always imagined it was him anyway. He's the most expendable so if DIO wanted to mess him up if it went wrong, who cares, it's just Idiot.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I always said to myself that Dio probably killed the guy who shot at him when The World could only stop time for a moment since the bullets probably hit him.

I guess I was right. :v:

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BaDandy posted:

Dinostand guy is Dr. Franz Ferdinand, Mrs. Robinson was the guy who had insects in his eyehole. :stonk:

Was he even a Doctor.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I've been wondering since I first read this part: Why do the knives stop seconds away from Jotaro? I mean time is stopped, but they traveled half the distance.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I've been wondering since I first read this part: Why do the knives stop seconds away from Jotaro? I mean time is stopped, but they traveled half the distance.

There seems to be a range in which poo poo thrown by DIO moves normally, but once it leaves that range, it's subject to time stop.

Alternatively, shonen power bullshit.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Because once they are released they aren't able to move in frozen time like Dio so get frozen. But actually because it's cooler.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the rule of cool, but the logical reason is that things in contact with DIO can move in frozen time (unless he decides not to let them I guesss ala Kakyoin'ing Kakyoin).

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Or it could be that the time stop is merely a super slowing downs of time, so he'd be normally throwing a knife on "time stop time", and then when time goes back to normal, you have the knife thrown at a higher speed since he threw the knife "normally" on time stop.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Kunster posted:

Or it could be that the time stop is merely a super slowing downs of time, so he'd be normally throwing a knife on "time stop time", and then when time goes back to normal, you have the knife thrown at a higher speed since he threw the knife "normally" on time stop.

Definitely not true. Kakyoin makes it very clear that no time at all passed between the different parts of his barrier breaking. Not even a micro second.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It works in the same way that time stop works despite being impossible.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dio wants the knife to move, but stop in front of Jotaro to scare him. The knife knows this and moves accordingly.

That's all there is to it.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I typed out that post several time hoping I could find a way to say "Here's something that could explain it" rather than "Here's the definite truth what's going on", so I apologize if I came across as the latter.

Unless... DIO can tinker around in a smaller time scale than that?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The objects don't lose their momentum but only get to act on it when DIO unfreezes. JoJo is extremely good with this particular type of videogamey nonsense.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Shukaro posted:

For those who are curious, here's the OVA's take on the DIO fight (the dub). About 14:10 is the point where this episode ended on, so of course don't watch after that if you don't want spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHbFMaMoA1A

I rewatched this for the first time in a while and i have to say i prefer how they handle the Polnareff part as well as how Jotaro and Super Dio actually have a pretty decent fight across the city rather than just 1 time stop then bridge scene.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

quakster posted:

The objects don't lose their momentum but only get to act on it when DIO unfreezes. JoJo is extremely good with this particular type of videogamey nonsense.

Haha, I actually thought of that idea when I was playing with the time multiplier cheat on Hitman: Codename 47. You could shoot a bullet at let's say 1/8 of the time speed, and then when you reset, the bullet would fly at around 8 times the speed of what it were if it was originally shot at at x1 speed, making your peashooter bullet hit turn the target into a flailing ragdoll projectile by itself.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Someone on MAL said that The World having all of the Joestar's abilities would make sense considering that he was able to heal (via Crazy Diamond) Pucci's messed up foot.

I'm not sure I buy that, but do we ever get an explanation of how Dio did that?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Now I'm wondering if Araki has read the Uncle Scrooge stories by Don Rosa, "A Matter of Some Gravity" is a straight-up Stand fight and he's definitely familiar with Disney.

Edit: Part of Pucci's crazy bullshit might even be a direct reference, now that I think about it.

quakster fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 12, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In the current translations at least, doesn't Stone Ocean start playing around with how time-stop works, saying it's not actually stopping time and is a result of the super precision and speed.

I recall some kind of retcon-y nonsense going on there and I'm trying to find it.

e: I can't see it from the time he shows back up to him dying in the coloured scans, so it's either at the start (unlikely) or I read it somewhere else. (most likely).

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 12, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Someone on MAL said that The World having all of the Joestar's abilities would make sense considering that he was able to heal (via Crazy Diamond) Pucci's messed up foot.

I'm not sure I buy that, but do we ever get an explanation of how Dio did that?

Not that I know of. Maybe he did something similar to when he revived Vanilla Ice?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Pucci isn't a vamp though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Regular Dio put a head on a bird, DIO could've probably put a bird on a bird inside a head inside a larger bird. (inside a larger head)